[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were you doing when based Denuvo saved PC gaming ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 382
Thread images: 45

File: nomorepiracy.png (373KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
nomorepiracy.png
373KB, 1080x1920px
>Dev getting paid for their work and not getting their shit stolen

feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>322920665

Good. Video game devs should be rewarded for their labor. I just hope that such anti-piracy software is easily accessible and affordable to indie devs who don't have the resources to combat against theft of their work like major publishers do. Steam refunds should also be done away with for indie games but that's another debate.
>>
fuck off
nobody cares
op is a fag
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rgq5NuFTN0
>>
Now what will devs blame thier incompetence on
>>
>>322920665
>no more pirate games to play

Denuvo is going to take the thousands and thousands of already pirated games away?
>>
>>322921296

???

Vidya is a $91.5 billion dollar a year industry now. The casuals buy up mediocre games like crazy.
>>
>>322920665
Thats not going to increase sales for anyone.
>>
>>322921028
back to r/games with you
>>
>>322921296
GG
>>
Whatever. The TPP is already going to make it way too fucking risky to pirate games anyway, going from butthurt letters from your ISP to literal jail time (if you're pirating "on a commercial scale," of course they never actually specified what constitutes a commercial scale so basically they can fuck you as hard as they want) and any good games I really want I just buy anyway.

The bigger issue is they need to make this shit not destroy your hard drive. I'm not fucking buying a single denuvo protected game until that shit is fixed.
>>
>>322920665
This fucking thread again
* Torrentfreaks is clickbait
* one groups says one thing and then everything is suddenly supposedly going down
* tweets are now reliable sources
>>
>>322922143
Denuvo doesn't damage your storage drives, in fact it doesn't even increase drive writes. That's all FUD the butthurt pirates were spreading in an attempt to "redpill" people.

Denuvo is not only effective, it's non-intrusive. I've seen many people who bought JC3 reporting they didn't even know it had Denuvo.

The only problem with Denuvo is that it's apparently rather expensive as far as licensing costs go.
>>
Yes, glorious corporations. Take away my options. I hate choice.
>>
>>322922143
>what are VPNs
>>
>>322922780
>I've seen many people who bought JC3 reporting they didn't even know it had Denuvo.

Denuvo is literally the reason the game runs like shit
>>
>>322922367

3DM was the only group that could crack Denuvo though. If they say Denuvo is too hard then its too hard.
>>
File: 2016-01-0612_54_06-sekzs0l[1].png (230KB, 481x442px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-0612_54_06-sekzs0l[1].png
230KB, 481x442px
>more people will buy our games if we shut down piracy they said
>>
>>322920665
It's a good thing every game worth playing already exists and I'll never ever buy a game unless it's a genuinely good product.
>>
File: reddit_cucks.png (8KB, 186x60px) Image search: [Google]
reddit_cucks.png
8KB, 186x60px
>>322922367
>*
>>
>>322923684
Why would they say the couldn't Crack it when an anon posted the link to JC3 cracked version on /v last week ? It's non sense
>>
>>322920665

>article claims founder of the cracking group is a girl

yeah right lol, this whole article is just shillmongering by the antipiracy watchdogs
>>
File: guide_to_posting_of_4chan.png (29KB, 508x452px) Image search: [Google]
guide_to_posting_of_4chan.png
29KB, 508x452px
>>322924113
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>322921296
Perhaps a session of self-reflection would help?
>>
>>322924128

I haven't seen that, show me this link. The game is still uncracked on my private tracker.
>>
and JC3 runs like absolute shit for legitimate customers as a result

thank you based Denuvo
>>
>>322922780
>every Denuvo game with cutting edge graphics has had massive performance problems

Batman still doesn't run well, because the DRM eats all your performance.

JC3 will never run well, for the same reason.

You're supporting a Sony malware program, the same company who has been installing performance killing rootkits onto PCs for the past decade.

Also hilariously Just Cause 3 and Arkham Knight have also had incredibly disappointing PC sales despite paying out the ass to Sony for the DRM.

Only the dumbest developers will ues denuvo, a system that doesn't increase sales and kills performance.
>>
>>322920665
What were you doing when based Star Force saved PC gaming ?

What were you doing when based SecuRom saved PC gaming ?
>>
>>322920665
Denuvo games are cracked, what is this bullshit.

Lords of fallen cracked
mad max cracked
phantom pain cracked
inquisition cracked

does anyone care about the other games like fifa?
>>
>>322920665
So now instead of letting people check out their game and potentially get new fans they will never bother checking it out. Good for them.

>inb4 demos
Demos have died in the late 2000s.
>>
>>322924240
ɯɐɟ sʞuɐɥʇ
>>
File: 1351003828317.png (175KB, 1023x941px) Image search: [Google]
1351003828317.png
175KB, 1023x941px
>ITT
>>
You cannot stop game piracy on a conceptual level. If we can program something we can crack it, because programming something uncrackable is itself programming, and by it's very nature you can unmake and divert computer code.

The article in OP is just propaganda by programmers trying to make you think they're capable of stopping piracy.

Like I said, on a conceptual level, you cannot stop code cracking, in the same way you cannot make an unbreakable clay-pot with just clay, you cannot program code that cannot be undone.
>>
>>322921028
>Steam refunds should also be done away with for indie games

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNT FUCK
>>
>>322924457

I dont even know how those games were even released on PC. the entire industry is fucked though, since the xbone and the playstationvier cant run a game higher than 15 fps without chugging, and pc has intrusive denuvo and windows 10 chimping out to make sure you pray no games
>>
Asked about the development, Denuvo acknowledged that "every protected game eventually gets cracked".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo

OP faggot
>>
>Sales mysteriously go down on a significant scale on PC
"I guess PC gamers don't want quality games! :^)"

>Games are now console only

That's their master plan.
>>
>>322924240

le %triforce
>>
>>322924457
MGSV runs smooth af though
>>
>>322924614

I don't think you understand. All of those games were cracked by one group - 3DM. Its already scary enough that Denuvo is strong enough that Codex, Skidrow, Razor1911 and the rest were unable to break them. Only 3DM was capable of cracking Denuvo. And the last two Denuvo games, FIFA16 and JC3, are too difficult to crack, as admitted by 3DM. That means there is no other cracker group capable of breaking Denuvo.

You have to keep in mind Denuvo is a company made by ex-crackers. They know what the crackers do, and they know how to stop them.
>>
>>322924240
I'm gonna try all of these now, to save newfags' time.

>greentext
*italics*
**bold**
*item1
[zalgo]OPis a fag[/zalgo]
if 1*2<3:
print "hello world"
~~strikethrough~~
super^script
spoiler
[flip]most of these are actually bullshit[/flip]

%triforce
>>
>>322925182

oh you poor shill

No other group spent resources cracking denuvo really except for 3DM. 3DM also receives a generous stipend from the chinese government to not crack chinese games. It's the same thing this time as well, with sonyniggers paying them off to leave denuvo alone.
>>
>>322920665
What happened to the scene anyway? Did the risk of getting tracked down and caught become too high for them to justify releasing games?
>>
>>322921028

Piracy is like nignogs. They take shit because they can. They're not going to start paying for it because they can't steal it no longer.

Anyway, I for one am glad piracy wont be possible anymore.
It means when a game sells like shit, piracy cannot be used as an excuse anymore. It was a shit game and people did not want to play it.
Likewise, all those customers gained from trying before they buy, hype, word of mouth and so on? Gone. Much like the customers who hate DRM.

Has there been a game using Denuvo that sold well yet? I can't think of one.
>>
>>322925423
>No other group spent resources cracking denuvo really except for 3DM.

That kind of proves my point though, right? Denuvo is something you need to spend time and effort to crack. JC3 released December 1 and a month later is still uncracked. FIFA16 has been uncracked since September but I know you'll say "who cares about FIFA" so we can let that example go. Just today it was announced that the new Tomb Raider will ship with a new version of Denuvo.

So the problem of Denuvo is that a lot of resources are required to crack it. Even in the article she says she had to motivate the cracker to get back to work. As Denuvo protection gets tougher and tougher, who will continue to provide the resources to crack them? You said it yourself, all the other groups have dropped out of cracking Denuvo because of a lack of resources. With each iteration Denuvo takes longer and longer to crack. And at some point (3DM founder estimating 2 years) they will just give up because of a lack of resources.
>>
>>322924240
Is this poster a faggot?
[flip] Let's find out and see [/flip]
>>
>>322925923
MGSV sold pretty well and LotF too but that was because it couldn't get cracked for long
>>
>>322925923
MGSV sold well and ran well. Its literally the only successful Denuvo game in both performance and sales
>>
File: 1449303811075.gif (213KB, 232x377px) Image search: [Google]
1449303811075.gif
213KB, 232x377px
>>322921028
If i was going to pirate the game i was never going to pay for it in the first place. So if i can't pirate your shitty game i'm not even gonna bother with it then. They sure are gonna be making a lot of money like this.
>>
>>322925973

No, no one spent the resources to crack denuvo because 3dm was already ahead of them. Why spend all that time working on cracking new tech when another group is already ahead of you on it?
>>
thats like saying in 2 years people wont ever steal anything
>>
>>322926213
This
>>
File: lotf.jpg (79KB, 498x422px) Image search: [Google]
lotf.jpg
79KB, 498x422px
>>322926118
>>322926213

>Lords of the Fallen sold well

I guess these numbers are good provided the game had a $20 budget.

MGSV sold well because it's fucking Metal Gear Solid. Kojima could have travelled to the house of everyone who bought the game, beat them up, made them eat shit then set their house on fire as he left and it would still have sold well.
>>
>>322920665
In two years people will steal games running Denuvo from the shops
>>
File: 1409522768879.jpg (369KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1409522768879.jpg
369KB, 1024x768px
This is bad. Piracy is a necessity. Denuvo collects your hardware configuration when initialized, and creates encryption keys based of the hardware. If you try to play your Just Cause 3 in 20 years from now on a different machine it won't work, because the new encryption keys won't match the encryption machine.

Just a few weeks ago I felt like firing up Black and White 2. It wanted my CD Key. I lost the box decades ago. Downloaded a noCD patch, ready to go. I own this game. I legally own this game and wouldn't have been able to play it.

if you regard games as an art form I genuinely don't understand how you can regard stopping piracy as being more important than facilitating preservation of works. Without piracy any hope of the latter essentially falls to severely curbing intellectual property protections so companies can't sit on the works for the better part of a century.

Also, financially supporting creative works is important and should be encouraged but I really don't regard stopping piracy as being a particularly big step towards that. Putting profits before the integrity of the artform is quite frankly deplorable.
>>
>>322925923
>They're not going to start paying for it because they can't steal it no longer

Yea because out of everyone who pirates, not one person would have bought the game if they could not pirate it. This is such bullshit and you know it, I don't get how if a store has its rival offer the same product but at a cheaper price and people go there instead of their shop, people can agree that is lost sales, but if someone can get a product for free people say its not lost sales. Its just simple business, a store does not want people to be able to just get the product for free, because why buy when you can pay nothing? Have you not seen all those pirate threads where the OP is like"Why are yall still buying games? Come on just pirate." How is that not lost sales?
>>
Do devs think that if they do away with piracy it'll massively increase their sales or something? Things will hardly change at all. They spend more time, effort and money on stuff like this than they'll get in return.
>>
>>322920665
I remember when they said unique cd-keys would stop piracy back in the day. They sure were right about that so they must be right this time as well.
>>
>>322926264

Okay let's say that's the reason the other groups aren't doing shit. When 3DM throws in the towel and says "its too hard, we can't do it anymore" then why would the other groups suddenly step up? You just said, 3DM is ahead of the other groups. They have the most experience with Denuvo. So if the most experienced Denuvo cracker says they won't be able to do it in 2 years, what makes you think the other less experienced crackers will suddenly rise to the occasion?
>>
>>322926541

I never mentioned shit about lost sales. You're strawmanning hard now.

Simple fact of the matter is, a lot of people pirate because they can. They wont start buying games if they cannot pirate any longer.
>>
>tfw get a warning from my isp for downloading a movie
>tfw in the warning is from some company asking me to settle if i give them money
>ignoring it and hoping they go away
>>
>>322926505
>preservation
It's gotten to a point with this always online bullshit that saving video games for future preservation is pointless. So many games that you will never be able to play again just because the servers are dead.
>>
>>322926445

I would have bought the game if it came with a personal beatdown signed by Hideo Kojima.
>>
>>322926716

Because none of them were working on it because the chinks were ahead and they knew it?

You act like all the groups operate without any knowledge of each others activities. Now that 3dm is out, someone else will.
>>
>>322924240
[s]strikethrough[/s]
>>
>>322924240
̟̺̜̙͉Z̤̲̙̙͎̥̝A͎̣͔̙͘L̥̻̗̳̻̳̳G͉̖̯͓̞̩̦O̹̹̺!̙͈͎̞̬ *
>>
>>322924240
>>>/b/
>>
>>322926897

I wish I could share your optimism and I hope that your theory is indeed correct.
>>
Then I just wont buy games, simple as that. Bout time to grow up anyways.
>>
>>322927073

well you wont, because you're a shill
>>
That's just on PC, so it was never relevant anyway.
>>
>>322927059
Wut mate ?
>>
>>322926236
Good, poor people should be looking for jobs not playing games
>>
>>322927182

What? Who am I shilling for?
>>
>>322920665
It doesn't matter because only shit games use denuvo. The Witcher 3 a.k.a the best game last year had no drm at all. You can keep your shitty denuvo garbage games and ill just keep playing the game of the year for free.
>>
>>322926445
No duh you fucking idiot they already bought it, getting your ass kicked doesn't unbuy the game
How retarded are you?
>>
>>322924772
what you've just said is jaden smith-level nonsense
>>
I'm curious if they'll profit from this from the amount they pay for piracy protection compared to the amount of extra sales they'll gain. I don't think it's as much as they think it is.
>>
File: p.jpg (174KB, 646x391px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
174KB, 646x391px
>>
If they actually released playable demos I wouldn't have to pirate. Try before buy.
>>
>>322920665
>daily shill thread
>>
>>322924772

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_versus_NP_problem
>>
>>322927293

shitposting
>>
>>322927262
>poor
I can afford games, but why would i pay for something when i can get it for free without much effort?

I always pirate the game unless it has multiplayer that i want to play. I would rather keep my money and have the game.
>>
I wonder if Denuvo is the reason Just Cause 3 runs like complete shit.
>>
>install rootkit performance draining DRM onto shitty "AAA" games

>pc gamers don't give a fuck, go back to playing Hearthstone/Counterstrike/Dota/League/WoW or any of the 100's of free time consuming games that don't have DRM that gives games constant stuttering hitches

The only people who who win are the people selling the DRM.
>>
>>322927763
What if the devs behind the game are based?
>>
>>322927740

I thought we were having an interesting conversation and then you just had to end it with calling me a shill for... the forces of shitposting. Shitposters United. Shitposting Incorporated. Why you gotta do me like that man?
>>
If they still came out with demos nowadays I wouldn't feel the need to pirate games.
>>
>>322927829

Doubt it, it runs completely shit on consoles too. Like even worse than it should do (single digit FPS, 5-15 minute loading times and so on).

But I will admit, every Denuvo game I've seen had had performance or technical issues with it.
>>
>>322920665
>implying that every dev in the world wants to lose their money to denuvo jews instead
>>
>>322926726
>I never mentioned shit about lost sales. You're strawmanning hard now.
Not him but you said that literally no pirates would buy a game anyway if they had to.
>>
>>322927851
I don't care?
>>
>>322927915

i dunno, why do you have to be a flaming faggot?
>>
>>322928024

Why do you consider me a flaming faggot?
>>
>>322927851
based devs don't have to make their games a drmfest

witchers sold a fuckton and is sold on gog, to pirate it you literally just have to doubleclick an exe without messing with keys,executables, dlls or whatever
>>
You know what this really means?

I mean, for myself, who have been pirating games for the past two decades.

Absolutely nothing.

Because I still won't buy games.

Cheers though for fucking up your actual consumers.
>>
>>322928090

because you are one??
>>
>>322927990

Except I literally did not. I said pirates wont suddenly start buying games because they cannot pirate anymore.

It takes no effort to just pirate a game, and if it's shit you lose nothing in the process. A large majority of people pirate because they can. Maybe they saw a game and decided to try it, maybe they were just bored, hell maybe they're just cheap and don't like paying for games.
These people will not magically convert into buyers if you remove their ability to pirate.
>>
>>322920665

Why do you faggots always assume that people will buy the game if they can't pirate it?
>>
>>322927958
This. the lack of demos for anything these days forces me to pirate. Steam's refund policy is a godsend for this though.
>>
>>322923956
That's a lot of sales for a boring-ass piece of trash.
>>
>>322928361

Why do you say that?

>>322928350

Yeah, at best I'll just wait for a steam sale and buy what I wanted for like $10
>>
File: sssasds.png (227KB, 920x900px) Image search: [Google]
sssasds.png
227KB, 920x900px
WHY DID I SPEND TWO THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS ON THIS PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>322928480

>Yeah, at best I'll just wait for a steam sale and buy what I wanted for like $10

I wasn't talking about that.

I'm talking about how every game that uses Denuvo in particular seems to suffer from performance issues.
>>
>>322927960
MGSV runs pretty well.
>>
>>322927696

That's a question of mathmatics with only a small relation to computers isnt it? Since it assumes you try and crack the system, there are plenty of other options such as short circuiting the system by avoiding actually cracking it.
>>
>>322925235
kill yourself
>>
File: steam.jpg (207KB, 920x900px) Image search: [Google]
steam.jpg
207KB, 920x900px
>>322928495
Stay strong for Lord Gaben, my Master Race fellow.
Our dedication will surely pay off someday.
>>
>>322920665
One single group of riceaters hackers says it. Everyone agree.
>>
Now publishers will find out what we already knew. Piracy doesn't ruin sales shit games do. JC3 sold like shit and they have nothing to blame but themselves.

This probably also means the end of modding because this just anti-tempering.
>>
>>322927763
If you want to play it it's obviously good enough to warrant you wasting time on it
It's something worth paying for
I hope you don't ever complain about a game you pirated not getting a sequel because you contributed to it not getting that.
If you want to pirate some old ass game that if you bought the money would just end up going to a company that is completely unrelated to the game or a game so dead that it's never going to be brought back whatever I get that.
Games don't grow on fucking trees and then developers go and pick them and sell them. People worked on something people wanted.
>>
>>322928651

And suffered from various technical issues. I personally experienced some of the worst screen tearing I've ever seen in a video game, and the only fix for it was for me to force v-sync through the Nvidia control panel.

From what I saw, a whole lot of people ran into this issue among others.
>>
>>322927589
This. I refuse to pay for a game until I've tried it. Good games get my money. Motherfuckers need to bring demos back.
>>
>>322928495
>>322928809
why do I find this kind of shitposts amusing?
>>
File: scrnshot.png (3KB, 347x27px) Image search: [Google]
scrnshot.png
3KB, 347x27px
but i'm playing it now
>>
>>322928980
mgsv was full of glitches and bugs. And before someone says I'm nitpicking: 1 little scratch on a car isn't much of a problem. 30 little scratches are.
>>
I dont care about not being able to pirate games as i can afford them. But i do hear that Denuvo makes modding games an absolute nightmare if not impossible. And that kinda shits on one of the fun things about playing games on PC.

Oh well. Would just mean if i see that game protected by it i know to avoid if i want mods in the future.
>>
>>322920665

I'll just buy used games, then. Same effect. Fuck "developers".
>>
>>322920665

all those denuvo games will end up on GoG soon enough, also only the tripe A peddlers can afford it. Besides it will be cracked soon enough, the terror over starforce makes this look tame.
>>
>>322928826
Fuck those people. I'm gonna play there game for free and keep my money to spend on other shit like food.
>>
File: 1450117019853.png (1MB, 2422x850px) Image search: [Google]
1450117019853.png
1MB, 2422x850px
>>322929130
I have no idea but it cracks me up every time as well.
>>
>>322920665
>chink can't break security program
>no more pirated game guise
>>
>>322925923
>piracy cannot be used as an excuse anymore
They'll just find another retarded scapegoat, Sunset-style
>>
>>322929229
Good luck buying used PC games, m80
>>
>>322920665
Yeah, nah. More like
>devs are still getting the same revenue
>no one is buying shitty consolized AAA trash just because they can't pirate it for free
>can't blame pirates anymore
>>
>>322929429
this so much
>I can't do it so its impossible
>>
>>322924240
if op + gay
print "op is a faggot"
>>
Remember guys, Starforce is UNBREAKABLE!
>>
>>322928980
>>322929186
The only time I noticed any performance issues was in that cutscene with Huey with the electricity going off rapes the framerate. Outside of that the game runs well and I didn't notice any glitches.
>>
>>322929513

People will be more likely to buy it for 5 or 10 dollars during a Steam sale because they won't have already played it for free, which means a small but reliable trickle of income for the company for years to come.
>>
Once games are no longer pirateable, who will devs blame for lack of sales for shitty games? Surely it won't be their fault the game doesn't sell.
>>
>haha piracy can never be stopped remember starforce!
>we didn't want those games anyways that's why they aren't cracked!
>awesome chinamen will crack just cause any day now!!
>...

Better just slap a Valve sticker on your case if you haven't already. Your PC is now an expensive, noisy PC owned by Valve.
>>
>>322920665

if worst comes to worst I will steam sale cheap buy them... damn it's been so long that I paid for a game it feels nostalgic
>>
>>322925235
thanks
>>
>>322926505
Anon, 20 years from now Square Enix will release the Just Cause HD Collection Remastered with Upscaled Textures Part 1 (not including Season Pass) and will sell it to you with a brand new DRM scheme on it for the measly sum of 129.99 Homodollars.
>>
>>322929986
Lets ask the Just Cause 3 devs xD
>>
>>322924514
Plz no I'm having flashbacks. Fucking TM Sunrise
>>
>>322920665
Explain to me why even though Witcher 3 had no protection whatsoever it sold like water in the desert and Lords of The Fallen remain a piece of shit who no one bought?

Piracy means nothing. The things you piracy you wouldn't buy anyway. The only ones who care about piracy are moneyhungry greedy CEOs who would go to any lengths and fuck anyone over just for one penny extra.
>>
People used to say that about Blizzard's always online DRM for Starcraft 2 and then based RZR1911 released a crack only 48 hours after the release of the game.

31 July 2010 Never forget
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bZbQH_1sj8
>>
>>322925089
>>322925235

▲▲

It isn't working for you guys because you need 4chan Gold™
>>
>>322929986
They'll go, "I guess there isn't a market for this type of game. PC gaming isn't worth the cost, we'll remain on the consoles"
>>
File: no_please.jpg (86KB, 1000x1461px) Image search: [Google]
no_please.jpg
86KB, 1000x1461px
>>322920665

>saved

Building a business based on distributing content illegally is for fucking faggots.
Most "gamers" use 3DM because they dont like bills to pay or don have credit cards because still living this parents.
>>
>>322920665
Denuvo will be fucked on eventually
>>
>>322927353
If you admit it was the best game all year why not pay for it? give the developers what they deserve.
>>
>>322920665
>put denuvo on your game
>it doesn't get cracked
>lose 90% of players and 40% of sales
>gayming is saved
remember Lords of the Fallen ? Yeah, no one does
seen many threads about Just Cause 3 after the launch ? Yeah, neither did I
>>
>>322929813
The percentage of people who actually pirate just to get the game for free is incredibly small. There are more people who never buy anything, and won't spend money on this shit anyway. There are more people who never even heard about torrents or digital distribution. Also piracy makes the game more popular because people who won't buy the game anyway can play it and tell friends about it.
Remember lords of fallen? No one ever been talking about that game, just because there were no crack for a long time.
>>
>>322920665
A game with denuvo is most likely a game that doesn't even deserve to be pirated

>LotF
>complete shit
>MGSV
>complete shit
>JC3
>complete shit
>>
In a decade all games will just be streamed video/audio from a remote server anyhow so it'd just be how much latency you want to put up with your current ISP.
>>
>>322930746
>>322930771
>remember Lords of the Fallen ? Yeah, no one does
>Remember lords of fallen? No one ever
Get a room, guys.
>>
>there are people right now on /v/ that defend DRM
>>
>>322930746
Its amazing how the best selling games on PC this year don't have denuvo.
I don't know why devs would use that shitty software that doesn't help boost sales whatsoever
>>
File: 018.jpg (316KB, 621x853px) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
316KB, 621x853px
>>322925182

3DM exist because Chinese government and the Great Firewall ban most videogames, consoles, Pirate Bay and Steam. 3DM it´s the only place for get games for millions of chinese people.

>>322922367
They have press releases in BBS, but torrentfreak cant read chinese
>>
>>322930943
What do you expect, they're raised on consoles.
>>
>pirate game
>dont even play it
>buy it during steam sale for $5
>>
>>322930932
I am the third "Lords of the Fallen? Who cares about that shit" and I declare this to be that room, 3 is bigger than 1.
>>
>>322931002

>Its amazing how the best selling games on PC this year don't have denuvo.

Neptunia and Football Manager?
>>
>>322921028
Game devs get paid regardless desu
>>
>>322920665

I'm actually glad.

Publishers and devs won't be able to blame piracy anymore when they deliver shit games nobody want.

Not that piracy is taken care off, we just need to find a cure to feminism, social justice warriorship.
>>
>>322920665
FOR FUCKS SAKE MAKE DEMOS YOU SHITTING DEVELOPERS
>>
>>322920665

[zalgo] fuck you op [/zalgo]
>>
>>322921296
they will blame refunds again
>>
>>322920665

Another one bites the dust. Piracy has always existed even before the Internet. Everybody know 1s and 0s are inmaterial and Price of inmaterial things are zero.
>>
>>322924240
*im gay*
>>
Let's be honest, with the abundance of video game channels and let's players on youtube and elsewhere there really is not justification for piracy other than "I don't want to pay for shit".
>>
>kek
>>
>>322931807

>know 1s and 0s are inmaterial and Price of inmaterial things are zero

Are there people actually dumb enough to suscribe to that shit?
>>
File: 1451898681915.jpg (13KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1451898681915.jpg
13KB, 308x308px
>Piracy dwindles thanks to tougher DRM
>Developers can't hide behind the piracy argument when their games sell like dogshit
>A new age of assblasted journalists and developers calling comsumers assholes for not buying their "glorious" games

I look forward to it.
>>
>>322932084
Richard Stallmann
>>
>>322922143
Dat fear mongering
>>
>>322932001
>implying it's even remotely the same thing
I can't feel the controls of a game through a video, especially since 99% of the lets players are shit at video games.
>>
>>322932161

Fuck.. you're just as bad as people who use the coran to blow themselves up in the middle of a crowd... Way of taking things out of their contest stupid shit.
>>
>>322922780
>in fact it doesn't even increase drive writes.
Citation?
>>
They think there will be a sudden uptick in game sales when piracy becomes impossible. In reality, people just won't bother playing as many games or will move to other genres or cheaper titles.
>>
pirates and cheaters should all have their dick cut off and thrown into the rhine.
>>
>>322928826
Developers are normally paid in advance for their work, they then may additionally receive rewards for good sales figures however this is publisher dependant.

If a game sells poorly this doesn't necessarily mean the devs will be penalised. The publisher normally looks at metacritic scores first, this is usually the bigger deciding factor on if the devs will be hired again. If it gets good scores but low numbers that normally means more focus testing and DRM or DLC free or paid to deter piracy.

It is unlikely that pirates really make that much of a impact in sales figures most consumers even on PC are largely tech illiterate. In addition sales and keysites may sway people into buying with a more reasonable pricing. Most games are simply overpriced and that is why nobody buys them.
>>
>>322925182
You don't really known what those guys so, do you?
>>
>>322924240
Pretty sure this is untrue.
[zalgo] Nezperdian hive-mind [/zalgo]
>>
>>322920665
While the devs should be paid, too often a shitty game made by good devs is churned out at the whim of an even shittier publisher for $80+.
>>
>want Just Cause 3
>endless reports of it running like shit
>not going to waste $60 on something that might not even run on my computer
>go to pirate it to test it out
>Denuvo
Literally lost them a sale
>>
>oh lol that will teach pcfags to buy games
>prooceds to pirate movies
>that is somehow justifiable
>>
>No more pirated games in two years

So what will be the scapegoat companies use when their games sell like shit?
>>
>>322932654
Still got my dick and I still use it more than you do, keep being butthurt faggot.
>>
When will one of the cracker groups make a patreon to support them working on cracking denuvo games
>>
>>322933007

Using it on your pets doesn't count fat fuck.
>>
>>322931043
lol, Steam even added Chinese Yuan as supported currency last November. What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>322926848
I bet you were downloading from torrents, right, anon?
>>
>>322933006
Muh Soggy Knees and bigoted gamers
>>
File: pc-piracy-2010.png (12KB, 526x289px) Image search: [Google]
pc-piracy-2010.png
12KB, 526x289px
>muh piracy have no impact

Go fuck yourself sly with ur delusions...
>>
File: 1447034815645.gif (95KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1447034815645.gif
95KB, 245x245px
>>322920665
meh, i can't even remember the last time i pirated a game

i don't even need to have a credit card to buy games on steam and everything is tupidly cheap on the sales so i'll just get everything for 1 or 2 dolars, or someone just gives me the gme as a gift
>>
Amazing. Finally PC sales will be more than 2 copies.
>>
>>322932084

Welcome to /v/
>>
>consumers even on PC are largely tech illiterate

Everyfuckingbody playing computer games know how to use torrents... This isn't exactly rocket science.
>>
>>322920665
>no pirated copies
>Devs find out that their sales don't actually grow

This will be the reality.
>>
>>322933356
>3 of 5 games are multiplayer oriented
>pirated copies can't into internet
>if the game is worth money, the pirates buy it for the multiplayer experience

>if the game doesn't get cracked, it gets zero coverage on the internet, because literally no one bought it
>>
>>322933356
Holy crap, 4 million lost sales? This is unbelievable, literally 4 million people stole $60 from Activision. We have to put a stop to this!
>>
denuvo won't be on every game though haha. fallout 4 and mgsv is already cracked and almost every indie game can't afford to have denuvo due to the high price tag.
>>
Denuvo sure saved Arkham Knight

Oh wait
>>
File: pac strut.gif (24KB, 270x220px) Image search: [Google]
pac strut.gif
24KB, 270x220px
I only care about pirating retro games, so I don't care.
>>
>>322933621

That's BS... I never bought CoDIV and used to play the shit out of it online. Same with CSS before I eventually bought it.
>>
>>322924240
Y̛̪͓͖̙̝̹̜̲̩̘̾̂͂͒̇ͦ̚̕͠O̵̤̥͇ͧ̌̾̉͜U̡̱͕̳̠̼̖͚͖̟̙͆ͨͦ͋ͮͣ͒̄̊̈́͑́ͤ͂̎ͩ̾̌̚͢͠͞ ̷̴̩̣̗̣̮͍̤͚̖̦̼͙̰̠͎̔ͨͣ͒̂ͨͨ͂ͧ͆ͨͬ̂ͭ̓̄̄̚͢D̢͖̙̺̗͉͓̤̰̱̠͇̹͙̣̣̲̖̘͊ͦͧ͊̿̀͋̂͂̆̆ͥ̓̍͒̽͒ͤ̕U̵̹̜͔͉͚̼̗̭͓͑ͮͫͧ͝ͅM̑̋̈̑ͭ̑͌̈́̎̽ͨͬ̾̏ͥ͂̌̚͝͏̵̴̨̫̭͇̭̜͈̩͇̱̲̗̘̲͚B̛̮̠̝̯͉͈̗̖̤̝̺͇̪̱̌ͦ̽̎̓̈ͥ̉̃ͬ͂͊̓̌ͣ̎̚͟ ̷̵̧̛̊ͥ̉̇ͩͮ̍̿ͦ̀̆͑͆̚҉̩͍̜̖͇͍M̵̢̡̘̤̫̜͇̤̱̾ͥ͊̊̏ͮ͛̉̈́ͯ̓ͤ̎̋̐͋ͬ̓͝ͅȎ̲̤͔̞̤̮ͣ̎̆̄͊ͥ̐̒ͨ̋ͧͫ̀ͥ̕̕͟T̨̠̩̟͉̳̥̮̘̰͓ͦ͌ͥ͒ͥ̈́͑̿̃͗ͨͥ͆̑̕͠H̢̱̟͇͉̺̗̱̲̱͎̣͙̖ͮ͂͌͒͐͊͒ͩ̕Ę̸̎̄ͭ̔ͫͤ͒̌̏ͫ̈́ͣ̾ͧ̏͌͆͂͠҉̦̰̬̺̬̼̲̜̲̼̖̤̲̼͎̮̦Ȑ̉ͪͭ̅ͭ͏̸̟̝͉͖̩͎̣̖̝̮̠͠F̨̢͆ͯͨ͠҉̼͇̗̗Ư̿͐͛̌͏̸̜͓͈̮̰̝̻̻̘̲̗͍͇̺̻͚͎̥C̆̏ͦ̈ͤͥ͌ͩ̈́ͥͩͩͦ͂̉̅̂ͬ͏̢͘҉͎̠̦͚͚̹̘͈̠̯̲K͈̤̹̱̣̗̖͓̰̪̤͎̭̟̟̙̠̠͗ͥ̓̿͂ͫ͊̈͢͡ͅĘ̵ͬ̈͊͌̅ͩ͠҉͈̣͈̳̯̞̩̗̹͓̟̱̬̠̱͕͈̠R͋ͯ̋̀ͤ̽͋͂͂̐͂͐ͪ҉̸̴̸̧̯̩̲͕̭̙̮S̴̵̗̙͚͎̰̟͈͍͚̈́̿͋͐̏ͪ̉̊̊̄ͨͤ̀͢͢
>>
File: 1449009147332.webm (746KB, 398x198px) Image search: [Google]
1449009147332.webm
746KB, 398x198px
>>322933639
fucking quick LET'S SAVE ACTIVISION GUYS

WE MUST SAVE CALL OF DUTY!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>322933356
can you prove that a significant amount of those downloading the game would have bought it if it wasn't freely available?
>>
File: 1448986171849.jpg (82KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448986171849.jpg
82KB, 480x480px
I hope at least now retarded ass devs will realise that number of pirated copies doesnt equals lost sales
>>
Denuvo winning = no more mods. Enjoy, moralfags.
>>
I buy games, so this doesn't affect me.
However this doesn't mean publishers are going to get extra sales. A pirated game has never meant a lost sale. It's unlikely the money invested in Denuvo will be recouped by a spike in units sold.
>>
>>322933639

That's only in the course of a single month.

Fuck I never bought a single game from Activision but the point still holds. It's not like pirates give a shit who they pirate from. These people lack morals and ethics, subhuman scum.

Crysis had a 20 copy pirated for one sold ratio...
>>
>>322920665
Heh.
It may be a coincidence (and most likely it is not), but every single game that got this protection system was absolute shit as a game and sold like shit.

The few exceptions got craked and pirated.

This was the first time in the story of piracy that a grooup decided to stop craking a protection system because "games were so shit it was not worth the time and effort".

Do with those facts what you want, i know what i'm going to do: laugh and keep pirating everything.
>>
>>322934093
>Crysis had a 20 copy pirated for one sold ratio...

>valid pirated statistics and not a made up one

Sure, provide the source on that pirates stats
Go on
>>
>>322924329
It's some website I've never heard of before, they want you to fill out a survey and download it through the browser. Skid row games also seems to have a crack up to. Just be cautious.
>>
File: IMG_20160105_103225.jpg (53KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160105_103225.jpg
53KB, 600x403px
>>322920665
>mfw poor white trash on /v/ will have to get jobs to pay for their hobby
>>
>>322933839
most games
CSS or CS 1.6 didn't let you play on VAC protected servers, so cheaters were plenty
Can't comment on CoD, most new games don't have normal multiplayer, at least not in the first year
>>
>>322933545
Most however cannot into trackers and never use readme files.

The average /v/ users is not a good benchmark for how capable people are. Would you trust the average normie/tumblrina or reddit user to be able to pirate?
>>
>>322934093
>in 2010 as of December 26
>a single month
Reading comprehension
>>
>>322925923
The bigger problem is Pirates are also morally bankrupt and have no problem ruining things for other people who have legitly bought the game and are trying to enjoy it.

Notice how everyone who hacks in game are playing a pirated copy, or the people who maliciously spoiler bomb people are those who watch or play pirated copies of whatever they're spoilering.

The problem is most pirates don't like being called out for being the entitled thieves they are so they make a litany of excuses. Just look at the shit they're saying justifying stealing games on the 3DS now.
>>
>>322924240
%triforce
>>
>>322934093
Crysis? That game that EA said sold better than ever expected but CEO was buttbad because it wasn't 2nd coming of Jesus he expected it to be?
>>
>>322934296
>Excuses
It's free games. Honestly, you need insane mental gymnastics to justify NOT pirating.
>>
>>322926118
mgsv would have sold well even if it used rockstar club + windows games live + steam + uplay + origin
>>
>>322934296

>Pirates hacking a game

Why do you care? It's not like they can play those pirated games online so them hacking their single player experience has nothing at all to do with you.

Also the amount of hackers I've seen in online games from people who legitimately owned the game is much larger than the amount of pirates hacking games.
>>
I will just stop playing videogames entirely and move on to something else.
>>
>>322922367
>* tweets are now reliable sources

Mainstream media agrees
>>
>>322933621
oh you sweet summerchid I play all popular MP games over the years with pirate versions
was it the old cs or cod seriers or bf series all of them worked

oh and for JC3
3dm already said they rediscovered the process
where the breakpoints for denuvo in jc 3
>>
>>322933303
Yeah cool? Chinese steam has probably like 2 games on it to.
>>
File: pirate and the faggot.jpg (96KB, 687x819px) Image search: [Google]
pirate and the faggot.jpg
96KB, 687x819px
You aren't a faggot, are you?
>>
>>322930746
Are you retarded? Why would a developer care that the amount people playing has gone down? Pirates didn't buy the game anyway so they haven't lost anything, and the people who do buy games won't even care.
>>
File: lol.jpg (212KB, 3654x314px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
212KB, 3654x314px
Lemme give you a quote from Denuvo, the people who make this anti-piracy software.
>>
>>322934202
Not everyone lives in America, friend. Your average salary is ~$50,000 a year and in my country it's ~$7,000. Game prices are adjusted for the american wallet and $60 is nothing for the average American but it's huge here.

Paradoxically, the games are actually even more expensive here than in the US. For a lot of people the literal only way to enjoy video games is to pirate. That's why so many Eastern Europeans play on PC. We invest money into decent machines knowing it's the last money we'll spend on our hobby in a while.
>>
Who cares, PS4's getting CFW, 3DS has been blown open and the Wii U is about to.

http://wololo.net/2016/01/06/ps4-elf-loader-and-other-tools/
http://wololo.net/2016/01/04/linux-on-ps4-fail0verflow-get-3d-drivers-to-work/
>>
>>322934723
>pirate servers
>they're either empty or full of cheating russians
>>
>>322933986
>that webm
What the fuck
>>
>>322935145
>blacks
>>
>>322934854
Are you retarded ? Less players, even if pirates means less publicity, means no one fucking talks about the game, nor does anyone buy it
Lords of the Fallen, no one played it, no one talked about it, no one bought it
Just Cause 3, even though second one was praised a lot, even got multiplayer mod, and everyone was hyped for 3, no one created a single thread here, except for crying about denuvo
Pirates cause a lot of publicity, pirates sometimes buy the games too, dipshit
Pirated copy is a demo
>>
>>322935090
PS4 CFW when? That would actually make me get one since I could see how shitty most of the games are without dropping $80 a pop.
>>
>>322920665
I said when details about Denuvo came out and I will stay with my words. I will never buy a game that has a DRM that literally kills hard drives.

I will rather move on to console gaming, hell, even to mobile gaming, but I won't buy Denuvo shit.
>>
>>322920665
i dont play AAA games anyway so i dont care
>>
>>322924240
[zalgo] testing [/zalgo]
%triforce
[flip] triforce [/flip]
>>
>>322920665
Yeah, feels good that talentless hacks who release shitty ports, unfinnished games and truckloads of DLC will be getting even more money.

And than you based Denuvo for not allowing tinkering with the exe, killing any possibility of making scrpt extenders and thus, killing 90% of mods.
>>
>>322934228
It's as simple as opening a file or typing some shit into google. I can't even recall at this point when torrenting started, but it has never been that fucking difficult. Not writing software or some shit.
>>
>>322934794

This.

When I was pennyless and pirated about everything at least I wasn't making excuses for it.

Bunch of faggots here are the worst.
>>
>>322920665
Thank you based Denuvo for finally killing modding.
>>
>>322934953
No shit, every protection measure must have a way to break it. That's a design necessity.
>>
>>322935620
>No shit
Well it's not for you, it's for OP and other shitposters.
>>
>>322935102
Depends on the uphold.

I used to play on pirated server for SoF 2, admins were active and banned everyone who was cheating.
>>
>>322928436
Well, it would have at least one more sale if it didn't run Denuvo and wasn't $60.
>>
>>322935620
Make it just good enough, wait till it gets compromised, rinse and repeat. Net sec life must be the greatest.
>>
>>322935090
This, time to get a console and keep the middle finger pointed at the industry.
Killing this pathetic market would be a mercy kill at this point.
>>
>>322933356
Would you look at that, all five games are games that were very successful and made lots of money.
>>
File: link-unhappy.jpg (14KB, 213x231px) Image search: [Google]
link-unhappy.jpg
14KB, 213x231px
I'm against anti-piracy measures that gets in my way when I'm honestly buying the game.
Seriously having a game working on PC nowadays is a fucking chore
And that's not thanks to pirates, that's thanks to shitty publishers who actually takes for granted that customers are thieves
>>
>>322920665
I don't give a fuck about pirating games.

It's movies and music that I care about.
>>
>>322935090
"PS4 is getting a hack" rumor was misleading, it was about Sony employing Kojima.
>>
>>322924240
[flip]cuck Tbh[/flip]
>>
File: 1387670317488.jpg (13KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
1387670317488.jpg
13KB, 224x216px
>people EVER thinking something can't be hacked
>>
>>322935947
>rumor
Nigga they already released the files, if your PS4 is on 1.76 you can install Linux on it.
>>
>>322935854
That's how they make a living, also no one wants a perfect defense system, you wouldn't want your enemies getting their hands on it.
>>
>>322935947
I smiled.

It is getting hacked though. CFW within a year.
>>
File: 65.jpg (98KB, 656x640px) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
98KB, 656x640px
>>322935947
>>
Reminder that by pirating a game you are literally stealing a copy from the game developers someone else could have bought
>>
>Steam refunds should also be done away with for indie games but that's another debate.

I hope EU sues those indies dev, so they fucking relaizes why steam had to make those refund possible.

Video game industry is so anti-consumer, they freak about basic rights.
>>
>>322936226
>enemies
These are companies, not nations.

They don't have to worry about being killed, just out-competed.
>>
>>322931807
>Everybody know 1s and 0s are inmaterial and Price of inmaterial things are zero.
Is the time and skill of the many people creating those 1s and 0s in the right combination also without a price?
>>
File: 1431477606898.gif (568KB, 240x291px) Image search: [Google]
1431477606898.gif
568KB, 240x291px
>>322935947
>>
>>322936548
But the logic of you knowing how to defeat it if you must is the same.
>>
>>322932001
Once you find me a game channel that plays vidya good, isn't an attention whore, literally doesn't talk and actually plays games I'm interested in and some new magical technology gets created that lets me feel the controls of the game, then you have a point.
>>
>>322936797
Right but they should all have impenetrable protection.

What's the problem with that?
>>
>>322936548
nah, fuck everyone. Clients are just dollar signs, your peers are scum, glean what you can, then use it against them.
>>
>Implying

Denuvo games sell worse than others.
Denuvo games have shit optimisation (Batman)

It's nice they think they're saving PC games but they're actually fucking them over.
It's funny how many people have complained on forums and steam (Even asked for refunds/mass refunds) because of this shitty DRM.

Denuvo will die out because of this.
>>
There literally isn't a single Denuvo game that runs without problems on console-tier hardware even on the worst settings.
The game will look worse than the console game, will run than a console game, yet still demand better hardware. Thanks Denuvo. You saved gaming.
>>
>>322925182
>Codex
Bunch of nobodies
>Skidrow
They don't even crack, just use russian steam emulators and call it a day
>Razor1911
literally a meme group and pretty much dead
>>
>>322920665

This is good. Just one less excuse for devs to use when explaining why they won't port their shit. Devs win, publishers win, paying customers win. Only people who lose are dumbshit pirates.
>>
they just release a crack
>>
>>322931043
>because Chinese government and the Great Firewall ban Steam

What the fuck are you, there are shitloads of people using Steam, they buy my anime trading cards all the time
>>
>>322937792
>paying customers win
Is getting your HDD or SDD ruined part of "winning"?
>>
You realize devs get paid already in the making of the game. You think devs just have zero income for the 2-3 years or so it takes to make a game? All the programmers and artists and such already got their money. Profit goes to the publisher.
>>
>>322936893
I don't really know how the Denuvo works, but I guess it protects something close to the source code. So let's say for whatever reason you need to crack into some software that uses it, knowing how is essential.
>>
>>322926848
Depends on where you live.

Don't try that shit in Germany, they can and will fuck your asshole because German law is anti consumer in this respect. If they say you did it, you need to prove your innocence or pay them an irrational amount of money.
>>
File: 1451633186981.gif (2MB, 290x218px) Image search: [Google]
1451633186981.gif
2MB, 290x218px
I said it once and I'll say it again.

Piracy grew larger the day publishers stopped releasing demos of their games because they thought people would be stupid enough to straight up buy them without even trying them out first to see if they're worth the money.

Without piracy, nobody's gonna shell out money for any fucking game due to the thought of it being wasted on a pile of dog shit (which applies to almost everything in the industry today).
>>
>>322938050
It doesn't ruin either. Denuvo has no real net negative for paying consumers.
>>
>>322921296
Patriarchy.
>>
>>322939929
>Patriarchy

It's already happening. Fuck.
>>
>>322934296
don't call people who spoil video games morally bankrupt. Its an insult to those of us who actually are
>>
>>322923372
Buying a Game on Steam using a VPN can result in a ban.
>>
No more gooks ruskies and dirty fucking Brazilians pirating games on their stolen netbooks, inflating the numbers of how many people pirate games? Yes please.
>>
Don't give a shit, haven't bothered with piracy. Just wait a couple years for the game to drop down to five bucks or so. There's no good reason to want to play video games on release day nowadays when they are all buggy as fuck and need a couple dozen patches, and their quality sure as hell can't be confirmed by day one reviews. It's not like you're going to be playing multiplayer with a pirated copy.

Regardless, in the event that game piracy is "dealt with" to such a degree that they can't blame to for anything, used games, resale and trading are next (they've been targeted for a while).

>>322937792
>PC Piracy "solved"
>All the consoles getting cracked and their games pirated
>All devs move on over to PC
>>
>>322920665
I pirated Don't Starve to try it out, played it for a few days while on holidays, and when I came back, I decided the Mega Pack. If it wasn't for piracy, I don't know how long I'd debate getting it for. Piracy is more needed than ever, especially in this no-demo era.
>>
>>322920665
good times for pc gaming
>>
File: sacred1.jpg (48KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
sacred1.jpg
48KB, 400x299px
I will say this. The most effective anti-piracy measure I've experienced was a combination of Patches and keeping the game low profile and under the radar.

Back when I was underage I got really interested in the Sacred game.
They made the game so it was no problem to crack version 1,00.
So they pirates cracked v1,00 and moved on and forgot all about the game.
If was off their radar from then on.
Of course, it was buggy as shit and the player base became dependent on constant patching, patches which would work around all the cracks that existed for the game.

Effectively, the v1,00 of the game would essentially be like a demo due to the amount of game breaking bugs it had.
And it left me want to play more, but there was no cracks in sight for the latest patches.

But today such a thing wouldn't be effective on me, since I would just play something else.
>>
>>322924240
[flip] cuck [/flip]
>>
File: dead inside.jpg (3KB, 121x114px) Image search: [Google]
dead inside.jpg
3KB, 121x114px
>>322932503
thats not how it works. if you find all those sources that say it DID cause higher drive read/writes, youll notice a lot of them have been updated to point out they never had a source and cant find any.

remember, the claims were that it would waste an average ssd in somthing like 6 hours. its been 2 years and there is not one, single verifiable ssd failure, despite the average playtime of lords of the fallen being 9 hours, and an estimated 9% of them havings ssd`s.

something like 18,000 failures should have occurred by now. where are they? why is it, in this entire 4 hours plus thread has NO one found a single, verifiable source that does not lead back to "someone told me, but i dont have the link"?

>>322939262
no one stopped making demos. take a look at the *gasp* steam demo section. 900 games. if you got 20 games a month, from each demo disc, you have 4 YEARS worth of demo discs at the tip of your fingers RIGHT now. they didnt stop making them, you stopped looking for them because you had better shit to do/play, no longer waiting on demo scraps.
the REAL reason you should hate denuvo is because it completely eliminates any sort of modding. THATS the real danger. you thought steams paid mods were bad, well, its going to make a comeback, because soon, the only possible modding will be developer allowed. and thats where pay is gonna falllll right into.
fuck denuvo, but fuck it for the REAL reasons.
>>
>>322924240
*gezz*
>>
>>322924240
[flip] ʇobbɐɟ ɐ sı do [/flip]
>>
>>322930419
God that would be the greatest thing ever for the PC market. All the fucking pathetic cash in indies and the shitty big name companies would fuck off because they can't sustain themselves on the PC market. Genuine innovators who still see the market as a market and don't give a fuck about pirates would be swimming in cash - good games would be made and had by pirates and consumers alike because shitty games wouldn't be worth money or hard drive space. It would be darwinian software selection. Tens of thousands of marketers and advertisers would be fucking dropped or redirected away from PC gaming forums - we'd be shill free because there's no money to pay them, the companies with money to pay advertisers and schills wouldn't have a horse in the race anymore.

God just think of it. We could discuss (and discus them too as my original typo would have said) games again without worrying about viral marketers.
>>
>>322942147
and i want to point out how quickly and easily it would be verify denuvo eats up read/writes. any free harddrive tracking tool. any copy of denuvo`ed game, plus the cracked version ( the old ones, they exist ).

it would take 5 minutes, 5 minutes TOPS to prove that denuvo eats ssd`s.

its been 2 years and no ones done it. doesnt this seem a little strange? think about it. who or where told you about the ssd`s getting eatin. can you point farther back then, someone on 4chan or reddit or fucking whatever said someone else said

protip: you cant
>>
>>322929986
>"what about consoles"
"lol what, you mean those guys who pirated gta 5 over 40,000 times a week before it was released? lel"
MOBILE IT IS
>>
>>322920665

I think the hidden conspiracy is game devs are stopping compression and including all audio and shit to make huge ass game files. Then releasing that to push console sales + lower pc sales/pirates. Just trying everything they can to lower motivation to pirate.
>>
>>322924240

[zalgo] DELETE THIS [/zalgo]
>>
>>322935393
This is probably a little zen for /v/ but... why do motivations matter? Why concern yourself with the illusions of others? It's meaningless. All of this is fucking meaningless.

Whether they're poor, or fucking asshats, or bought the game legitimately is irrelevant. It's whether or not they're having fun that matters.
>>
>>322934193
That's just a scam.
>>
>>322943085
Since when are huge filesizes a hindrance for PC users or pirates?
>>
>>322924240
*testing*
**testing**
*testing 1
*testing 2
*testing 3

[zalgo]testing[/zalgo]

~~testing~~
faget
[flip]testing[/flip]
%triforce
>>
>>322920665
Piracy will always be around because you can't make people pay for nonphysical software

if you think piracy is a problem, give incentive to physical, other wise- don't use the internet to render cash for non physical. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>322921046
Piratefag on suicide watch
>>
>>322924240
[small]white[/small] dicks
>>
File: 1421121383594.jpg (297KB, 1143x531px) Image search: [Google]
1421121383594.jpg
297KB, 1143x531px
>>322924240
everyones forgetting the real test

just to show it can be done
boskeletonrp

anyways, an entire thread of baseless accusations and assumptions, how great.

anyone wanna ACTUALLY source that jc3 runs shit because of denuvo, or that denuvo ruins hard drives, or so on, so fourth?
>>
>>322942483
The 'cash-in-indies' aren't going to go away. They'll just see a better opportunity to shit out more and more shit that'll push the good stuff out of the light.
>shill free
They'll just shill for console games instead, just because one system isn't elegable doesn't mean the marketers are going to give up on games entirely. Instead of 'XXX coming to PC!!! Can't wait to play it on my super rig!!1!', it'll be 'Why haven't you got a ps/xbox, yet? Don't you want to play XXX?'.
>>
>>322920665
>dev getting paid
that's why only indie games have a soul
>>
>>322944451
boskeletonrp
>>
>>322944451
and i wanna say the closest we got, the CLOSEST, was a developer doing a stream where he said 10% of the overhead was denuvo. guess fucking what: the stream, any recording of it, or any of the devs commenting about it? cant be found. so very, very close. but no fucking cigar
>>
I'm willing to bet the vast majority of people complaining about pirated video games on here have no qualms about pirating movies, TV shows and music.
>>
>>322939703
Except killing modding since no tinkering with the launcher = no script extenders = goodbye to 90% of the mods.
>>
[̻̣͌̀̚͞Z̖̙̬̣̙͉͕͛̔̔ͫͧ̎ͫ̊ͅả͓̾̋ͫ̓̾͊l̨̛̞̗̮͇̙̥ͥ̓g̸̻̯̀̓͌͛o̡͎̘͌͋̔̈̍͗ͥ̍]̢̨̬̬͍̱̺͓̙ͦ̄̌͟He comes and tests[͕͙̘̘̹͈̠̼̙ͨ́͊͒/̢͙̜̠͎̱̦̖̥́ͩ͌̒ͫ͠Z͙̈̅̀̊͛̔̀̚a̯̜̲̽ͨ́l̺̟̝̪̖̈́gͫ̎͐͛ͮ͏̫͎͡o͑̇̇͛ͤ͠҉̝̮̙͖̀]̴͇͇͉̺̦͉̫̋̑ͦ̃
>>
>>322944451
boskele
boskel
boskeletonpro
bosokeleto
otosos
okfofsokdos
bo
booooo
skeleton

boskeletrorp
boskeletronp
bo
boooooo

boskelontrp
boskelotonrp
boooo
boskeletonrp
boskelltolp
boskeletonrp
boskeletonrp
boskeleontrp
bosk
bo
boskeletonrp
booooooooooo
boskelo
boskeletoprn
boskeletonrp
boskel
bos
bo
boo
bo
bo
bo
boskeltonrl
boskeletonrp
bosk
boskeleontrp
bo
skeleton
rp
boskeletonrp
bo

boskeletonrp
bo
boskeletonrp
boskeletonrp

bo(SPOILER)skeleton(/SPOILER)rp
bo

boskeletonrp

boboooooorp
boskeletonrp

boskeletonrp
boskeletonrp
boskeletonrp

haha it's hard anon
>>
>>322944670
Shut up, you stupid goy, why won't you buy my latest Cinematic Experience™ for only $69.99 and then the Season Pass™ for only $49.99?
Piracy is cancer, my little shoah, go buy Star Wars Battelfront™ right now!
>>
>have 10 or so steam accounts
>buy game
>play 2 hours
>refund
>copy save
>restore save to next account
>buy game
>play next 2 hours
>refund
>rinse and repeat
>play full game without having paid
What's to stop someone from doing this? because I'm going to do it
>>
>>322942147

>They didn't stop making demos

All the demons on Steam are indie shit.
>>
>>322942147
I'm sorry, but everything that benefits the developers is bad for me because this industry is pure fucking cancer and letting it die would be an act of mercy.

You seriously want this piece of shit of an industry to stay alive?
When literally the only decent game that has come out in 2015 was TW3, and even then the gameplay is crap?
Fuck no, this industry deserves to crash, burn and be reborn.
Last thing I want is those 50 year old fucks in the suits at Ubisoft and EA getting even MORE money.
>>
>>322943085

nah, that's just because SJW game devs are incompetent. Back when game devs used to be real nerds instead of hipster cocksuckers, they knew how 2 compyutoar. You're supposed to make your game efficiently use resources, not demand a bleeding-edge $2000 rig with Intel i7 and Nvidia TITAN to play a game that looks as shitty as Minecraft yet for some reason also takes up 100 gigs installed.
>>
File: 1377156587235.jpg (645KB, 1143x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1377156587235.jpg
645KB, 1143x1133px
>>322944451
>tfw can't remember how to do it
boskeletonrp
If this worked, it's the same as how we used to post links that are caught by the blogspam filter. If it didn't, it probably needs the unicode character that I can never remember how to type.
>>
File: well done.jpg (28KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
well done.jpg
28KB, 300x240px
>>322945106
>they stopped making demos
>w-well they just stopped making good ones
>>
>>322942147

There was 1 (ONE) demo for a AAA game released in 2015 on Steam.

The demon was released half a year after the game.
>>
They're just stockpiling exploits and leading the industry to believe Denuvo is full-proof 100% security (hint: no such thing) and giving them a false sense of security. Then, when everyone is using Denuvo, they push out exploits one by one as a demonstration how fallible the logic was, and no one will ever attempt to do something so stupid again
>>
>unfinished games
>shitty unoptimized ports
>DLCs by the truckload
>''WOW YOU ARE SO FUCKING ENTITLED'' developers being annoying fucks on twitter
>indie market is 95% shovelware
>pirates are somehow the bad guys
>retarded fucks somehow think these little shits getting more money is somehow good

How much of a lobotomized drone do you have to be to be happy for yet another DRM?

>>322945529
They stopped making demos because they were afraid people realized those games were shit and not buy them.
>>
>>322945529

We're talking about AAA developers. They stopped making decades ago.
>>
>>322945341
WOW READING IS HARD ISNT IT. take a look at the last fucking line
>the REAL reason you should hate denuvo is because it completely eliminates any sort of modding
>fuck denuvo, but fuck it for the REAL reasons.

you just look like a fucking idiot if you keep screaming about shit that ISNT REAL. why not claim denuvo turns you into a faggot, its about JUST as verifiable.
denuvo should DIE. for the reasons it actually SHOULD die for. capiche? comprhende? el hablo es espanola?
>>
>>322944451
boskeletonrp
>>
File: fagoraproblem.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
fagoraproblem.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>322920665
All the butthurt in this thread proves a couple things
>/v/ is full of poor fags
>/v/ is shitting itself while simultaneously pretending to not care

Anyone whom pirates the majority of their entertainment is scum. Trying out software one is unsure of is one thing. Being a no good freeloading faggot on society is inexcusable.

>pic related. typical software pirate
>>
>>322945559
software cracks are not achieved through exploits
>>
>>322924240
[/spoiler]likethis?[/spoiler]
>>
>>322945851
World is full of poorfags. 4chan is just a reflection.
>>
>>322945657
>>322945536
bullshit, i see more. how about we clarify this shit and define "AAA", huh?
>>
File: 1451325362184.jpg (181KB, 800x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1451325362184.jpg
181KB, 800x1011px
>>322929130

ikr
>>
>>322945748
Wow MAN, you MUST be SO fucking MAD to type LIKE this.

Oh, and there's nothing to prove.
You can't tinker with the launcher, that's Denuvo's thing.
No tinkering with the launcher = no script extenders = goodbye to 90% of the mods.
Simple as that.

Sorry, but I will NEVER be happy for something that only benefits developers because there's not a single developer nowadays that has made anything in a good while to make me like them.
>>
true that.

Dragon Age 2's demo had me immediately cancel my preorder

thank god I didn't give those canadian fucks a dime for that pile of virtual moose shit.
>>
>>322924240

BIG **BLACK** COCKS.
>>
>>322924240
**bold**
>>
>>322920665
It didnt save shit they already abandoned the market and will never make games that push the hardware ever again. They have readjusted their market strategy just a few years ago and that is no small task.
>>
>>322945980

You link them, that is how.

It's not AAA if it's budget wasn't in at least the tens of millions.
>>
File: FIESTA (2).jpg (424KB, 675x540px) Image search: [Google]
FIESTA (2).jpg
424KB, 675x540px
>>322920665
>Implying i'll buy if i can't pirate
>>
>>322945851
Give me a single reason why should I support developers nowadays.
In fact, tell me a developer that I should not be happy to see closed nowadays.
Protip: you can't.
>>
File: 1450570403204.gif (674KB, 414x317px) Image search: [Google]
1450570403204.gif
674KB, 414x317px
>>322945990
>literally tell you TWICE thats literally why it should be killed off, because it kills modding
yeaaaaah, fuck off, learn to read, come back any time after that
>>
>>322924240
sup
>>
you can buy it
refund it
and continue playing
>>
>>322924240
[zalgo]neinneinnein[/zalgo]
>>
>>322945851
I'm not mad, PS4 piracy is coming, 3DS has been blown open, and Wii U is about to be pirated too.
It's like a second golden age for piracy, weird thing, this time the consoles have the spotlight.
>>
>>322924240

z͔̞͠a̲̦̙̣̲̬̞͡l͔͖̪͠g̼̜o̝ ̭̣͕̳̕s̜̗͡ͅti̩͈̻͎l͍̗̬͈̻̼ͅl̴̰ ̰͖̮͝w̫͇̣̝͇̱̕o̡r҉͖͈̹̥͓k̲͙̠̲͈͢s͕̱̻?̺̬͈͉̙̹
>>
>>322930419

▲▲
>>
>>322920665
There is plenty of good games still.
>>
>>322946139
This Tbh.
Every single developer could be fired, and nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>322920665
This feels like a bad end, Tbh

Can we reset and try again yet?
>>
>>322920665
Who cares.
I doubt a lot that we will see any game worth pirating in a fuckload of years.
Even now, every single Denuvo game has turned out to be complete shit.
>>
>>322935873
Wasn't that mostly because they're multiplats?
>>
Imagine how good the games would be if they focused less on advertising and less on anti-piracy.
>>
Ǹ͈͈̗̹͔̬́̄̊̆͌͒ͭ̀͟o̡̝͇̤͖̤͎̝͔̫͍͖̻͚͙͔͓͔͚̭͑̐̌ͥ̌͐ͫ̎ͬ̀Ř̶͎̬͇̬̩͉͇̙͍̳̯͈̬̦̥ͫ̇̔̄ͫͯ͐ͧͮ̅͋̃̔ͪͬ̋̀͘M̙̭͎͎̻͎͔̅̌̂̑̑̇̂ͯ̀i̷̸̡̥̙͈͖̮̜̺̹̖̎ͭ̾̃̉͐ͥ̎͌ͬ̀̚͘͟e̴̮̥̪̮̦̼͓̩̦͇̞̫̮̫ͦ̉͋̎̇ͭ̃̃̉͛͑̃̌̃͌̀̚͡ͅs̮̬̦̳̺͉͓̜͕͉̈̎͂͊̔̏̇̆ͣ͌̚͠͞͝ ̴̨͖̣̥̲͈̥͖͉͚̩̣̙̈́̓̒͐̓̈́ͪ͌͛̔̄̈́̏́͟G̢̨̗̩͖̲̹̪̱̰̹͓̘̟̐̿̑ͪ̏E̸̡̗͚͖̠̟̳̞͖̟̣͉̫̫̎̀̿̋ͫ̈̂̔̅ͯt̸̡͒ͪ̈́̌̒҉̴̩̘̦̲̩̩̱̮̹̤̺͔̻̩͍ ̵̢̗̜͍̣̪͖͆ͬ͒̈́͂ͧ̾̓̍͗͗̈́̔̉̓̌̽̊͟͝͞O̢ͭ̊͐͂̄ͦ́̅̌ͦ͛̏̿̍ͩ͐͑͟͏̴̫̪̤̭̠̻̼̟̤̫͎͈͠Ứ̧̲͍̯̼̦͇̤͎̯̼̱̑̾ͫ̊ͪ̓̏ͮ̎t̴̼͙͖̭̔̈́̅̂ͬͅͅ
>>
>>322944451
Boskeletonrp
Cmon spoiler tags, don't fail me now
>>
>>322946086
forza
uncharted collection
uncharted 4
lego jurassic
fifa
pro evo
rise of the tomb raider
screamride

>hurr their shit
god damn right they are. but they exist, motherfucker
>>
>>322924240

[newfag]ayyy[/newfag]
>>
>>322946648
well, now they dont even have to focus at all on piracy. they just pay someone, and they implement it. absolutely no effort on the devs side
>>
>>322920665
Are any new games even worth pirating these days? I can only think of a few, the rest are shit - the greatest anti-piracy tactic.
>>
>>322946825
What the fuck is this? You're supposed to be listing AAA games on steam that have demos. I don't know what that list is but several aren't even on Steam and never will be
>>
>>322946825

Wait, those games are on PC and had demos?

I'm not moving the goal posts, you are. I'm just returning them to their original position.
>>
>>322924240
h̭͎̘̱͍͓̣o͖͝l҉̺̜͍̟̲ͅy̢ ҉̜͚̩̱s͠h̞̞̼̮̞i̤͕͈͚t͔̥ ̡i̤̭̦t̪̩͓̞̰ ͓̯w̷̹̲o̖͎̬̕r͏̥̩͓̱̝k̴̼s̯͓͇͉̼̩
>>
>>322947018
>it needs to be on steam
lol, nope. you already got that one, remember.
>it dosent couuuunt because its not on steam
lol no
>>
>>322947110
S̔̓͐͗͆̈́̕̕͝T̸ͫ̉͂͗͒ͫ̄́̀ơ̧̨̡ͧ̈ͤͭͪ͊̆͗̿̒ͣ̔ͣ̈͐̊̉͜P̿̌͐̐̍͑̒̑ͩ́͆͑҉!̨̡ͪ͂̉̎ͬ͐͒́͞!̑̂̑͌ͩ́ͫ̿͊ͮ̎̾͐̐͛̀̀͏̴
>>
>>322947060
my original statement was they didnt stop making demos. as an EXAMPLE, i mentioned steam. the other poster has already highlighted that 1 triple A exists on steam. there being no demos on steam dosent mean theres no fucking demos, fucker
>>
>>322938814
>Mfw here in South America no one gives a shit
>>
>>322924240
[zalgo] Fucking Windows 10 [/zalgo]
>>
File: 1438553704428.jpg (38KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
1438553704428.jpg
38KB, 500x622px
>>322921028
>Steam refunds should also be done away with for indie games
>>
>>322947301

M-My goal posts are moving on their own oniichan!
>>
>>322924240
* can i seriously
>>
>>322947506
tell me where i specified steam
>>
>>322920665

This is just more proof that they paid off 3DM, there is no other explanation, I knew it the moment they said that they won't try to crack Just Cause 3, now it's official.
>>
>>322927696

That doesn't verify that cracking can be made impossible, only so difficult to solve that it takes much more time to do so.
>>
>>322947675

We're in a PC DRM thread.
>>
>>322947819
lol, didnt think so. now THATS backtracking.
>>
>>322947982

Nigga you tried moving them goal posts with your first post.

Console games have no relevance here because they follow different rules.
>>
>>322926541
>Yea because out of everyone who pirates, not one person would have bought the game if they could not pirate it
There are 2 main hurdles that need to be passed in order for someone to buy a game:
>1. Do I (think I will) like the game?
>2. Is the game worth the asking price?

People are going to buy things if they think they're getting their money's worth. They will not if they think otherwise. If you don't need to spend money on something, all you're losing is time if you try it out.

It's a very good thing indeed that Steam refunds exist, it would be fucking horrible to not have a refund policy in a world where piracy actually isn't an option (I doubt this will happen on a universal scale anyway).

I won't be buying any more games at full price than I am now. The games I do buy at full price are only the ones I'm almost certain I will like, piracy not being an option won't make me shell out more money for $60 worth of mediocrity.
>>
File: heh.png (3KB, 70x84px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
3KB, 70x84px
>>322948115
lol, despite the fact about midway we did actually start comparing consoles and pc anti-piracy methods, and thus the conversation started to enscapulate more then just...pc. bugger. now that weve hashed out that topic change deflection, how about we go back to the current topic.

They still do make demos. infact, theres 1 on steam, and many on the consoles. YOU, just stopped looking for them.YOU assumed that when i said demo, i ment "this very specific niche of demos". YOU assumed that steam, just one of the many providers of demos, was the rule, not the exception...despite steam itself, having 1 demo of its own . care to dispute this?
>>
File: 1450730788078.jpg (66KB, 528x792px) Image search: [Google]
1450730788078.jpg
66KB, 528x792px
>>322948459
unless you really wanna argue that steam, itself, having 0 ( er, really 1 ) AAA demos means ALL tripA devs dont make demos. i mean, you could do that...but ill let you know right now how illogical that bullshit is
>>
>>322928436
JC1/2 have 1 and 3 million sales respectively

lol
>>
I put up with DRM all the time. Steamworks yo.

Denuvo is just the industry's current leader. The bitchmade former crackers making it will inevitably fall behind the curve and Denuvo will fall from grace for some new iteration of DRM when someone eventually figures out a way to rip its guts out rather than merely cracking each iteration used for each game.

So it goes.

I think piracy has a role to play in providing marketing/buzz/goodwill outside of the usual US/UK/Japan borders. I think actual software is in a better place now because of piracy because many developers have realized that getting people hooked when they're poor teenagers/college students and then selling the software to their future places of work because they want to work with nothing else WORKS.

And the only thing I even pirate anymore is porn. And I don't even do that all that much. I've been out of college for 6 years now; I have a good job, money in the bank, and shit to do. I pay for stuff I think is worth my money and skip whatever I don't think is worth it. I don't have time to mess with getting pirated shit working or making sure I'm getting the clean version so I'm not turning my PC into a part of a fucking Russian botnet or whatever.

I used to pirate Adobe shit all the time since I do graphic work and they're the defacto standard; when I first got out of college and got a gig and started making money Adobe shit was still too expensive to care about. I moved to free and cheaper alternatives and they suited my needs just fine. My current gig uses Creative Clown in-office, and they have a contract deal that lets me buy a year-long sub to it for my personal use for $20 which I happily pay.
>>
File: 1450833087458.jpg (31KB, 262x489px) Image search: [Google]
1450833087458.jpg
31KB, 262x489px
>>322928436
>>322950487
whats hilarious is that they literally got a massive boost of sales for jc2 because of someones free multiplayer mod, made independtly of them, which they advertised on their own page AND made a discount to encourage people to buy jc2 itself.

now, with denuvo, there will be no such modding. ever, never, forever. so they lost their sales AND they lost any chance of making UP those sales with the communities hard work

what
a
bummer
>>
>unpiratable game
>no discussion about it on internet beyond "x is release with denovo" leading up to its release
>game sells terribly

Look at where that demon souls like game ended up. It still was finally cracked too.
Thread posts: 382
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.