[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get the GC or PS3 version of this? Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: deletethis.jpg (156KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
deletethis.jpg
156KB, 1024x768px
Should I get the GC or PS3 version of this? Why?
>>
GC because you get to experience your save getting erased after your little brother dunks your memory card into chocolate milk.

Can't get that shit on ps3
>>
>inb4 muh 60fps
>>
Doesn't matter.
Get whatever is cheapest
Personally I replayed this recently and got my nostalgoggle's ripped off.
>>
>>322918845
My childhood in a nutshell.
>>
>>322918530
PS3 adds some shit that was in the Jap version, like mini-anime cutscenes when people did powerful moves in battle. I think there also were some additional costumes or some shit.

I think the Ps3 might've had bad load times or some shit, as I've heard the GC version is better. You can also emulate the GC version nearly flawlessly, so that's a huge plus because copies ain't cheap.
>>
>>322918845
Also you get two discs. With ps3 you only have one. It's really a no brainer at this point.
>>
>>322918990
Was it even 60fps on GC?

I ask cause if it was and it isnt on PS3/PC... that's wack yo
>>
Get the PS3 version. You Tales of Sym. and it's retarded cousin.
>>
>>322918530
>GAMECUBE VERSION
+Runs at a (inconsistent) 60 FPS during fights that tends to tank if too many spell effects are on screen at once
+The HD version kind of looks like shit
+ The combat feels better in this game because it's basically smash bros and that's what the gamecube was made for
- missing features of the ps2/ps3 version

>PS3 VERSION
+Doesn't drop frames and runs at a consistent 30 FPS
+ Has some bonus features
+JP voice acting
- worse loading times
- the bonus features and JP voice acting are pretty lame/forgettable. The big one is that some characters that were a little undereveloped when it came to combat have more stuff to use.
- It comes with the sequel which is pretty awful and you'll probably feel compelled to finish it just because you have it
- The PS3 version used to have various bugs with text/dialogue but I'm pretty sure they patched those

There's an argument for either side but I would say to go with the gamecube version because it's probably cheaper
>>
Regal and Presea are garbage in the GC version
>>
>>322919682
runs at 60fps outside of fights as well. Just not on the World Map.
>>
>>322919682
maybe Dolphin is the best version
>>
>>322918530
PC
>>
>>322919682
oh, I forgot one

>PS3 version
- switching to JP voice acting means that a lot of optional dialogue scenes have voice acting, which makes them a lot more bareable because in the gamecube version they automatially advance based on japanese voice acting that isn't actually there anyway.

>>322919804
Doesn't that mean you travel through dungeons twice as fast, or do I have zero idea how FPS works?

>>322919749
regal is fine as long as you make sure he never runs out of TP and presea has some amazing EX skills and does way more damage than anyone else by using beast
>>
File: 1398454209716.jpg (75KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1398454209716.jpg
75KB, 601x601px
>>322919682
>It comes with the sequel
I don't understand anon, ToS is a standalone title. It never had a shitty sequel and it never will ;_;
>>
>>322920034
>Doesn't that mean you travel through dungeons twice as fast, or do I have zero idea how FPS works?

Only if an idiot ties gameplay to framerate at 30fps yet the game plays at 60fps. So no.
>>
>>322918530
Whatever is easiest for you.
It doesn't really matter
>>
>>322920315
A lot of japanese games actually do tie the gameplay to the framerate

for example, valkyria chronicles PC port initially was literally twice as hard because the 60 FPS toggle they added made everyone (enemies specifically) shoot and reload twice as fast
>>
>>322918530
Didn't the PS3 add A LOT of shit? Or I'm confusing this with graces?
>>
>>322919682
>The combat feels better in this game because it's basically smash bros and that's what the gamecube was made for
Only Tales game I played was Vesperia and it didn't play anything like Smash Bros, could someone explain?
>>
>>322919490

From what I understand it was 60 FPS and cell shaded, where as the later PS2 version added content but lowered the framerate and got rid of the cell shading, and this was the version that got HD-ified.
>>
Kratos>Zelos
>>
>>322920912
Sure. Symphonia is the last good tales of game before everything went to weebshit.
>>
>>322918530
Why were these character designs so perfect? And why can't more games be like this?
It's the perfectly stylish, without being overly garish and tacky. The designs are simple but not boring.
Everyone looks cool as fuck. Especially the main character who looks like he can really handle shit.
>>
>>322920912
tales of symphonia was one of the last tales games to force you to a 2D plane. the game technically has 3D but the only way to move on the Y axis is to target someone else and that simply adjusts the direction of your X movement

so it's a 2D game with one button for quick melee moves that change based on the direction, another button that does up to four different special moves based on neutral/up/down/left and right + button, and a dedicated blocking button that can be broken pretty easily

vesperia has full 3D movement so it feels and plays completely differently in so many big and small ways vs symphonia
>>
>>322921016
there is literally no metric in which this is true besides "has more annoying fans"

>>322921198
jp character designs have been in a jazzification arms race since the early 90's. you gotta be MORE somehow than previous stuff to stand out and since this is an industry that churns out content at a pretty insane rate you gotta really go ham after a while to stand out
>>
Redpill me on Lloyd
>>
>>322921527
>Redpill me
What? I don't believe we use that term here. What the fuck are you asking exactly? You want to know more about Lloyd?
>>
>>322921693
Why was he so special?
>>
File: tales of belts.jpg (1MB, 2608x2934px) Image search: [Google]
tales of belts.jpg
1MB, 2608x2934px
>>322921198
Because trends.
>>
Everyone's combo should have worked like Regal's (or a variation) instead of that level bullshit
>>
>>322919137
GC copy is like $20, that's pretty cheap
>>
>>322918530
GET THE GAMECUBE VERSION

IT HAS THE TECH GLITCH

ALSO GRINDING MONEY IS WAY LESS ANNOYING
>>
File: tales of shadows.png (806KB, 640x712px) Image search: [Google]
tales of shadows.png
806KB, 640x712px
>>322918530
-gc version has better framerate and lighting, and has a baller intro
-the ps3 version is capped at 30fps and has the japanese ps2 extras. (its literally the ps2 iso translated and some new outfits hacked in).

best version will probably be the pc port later, assuming people can get it running at 60fps. however fixing the cell shading code and missing shadows might be impossible.
>>
>>322921795
because he has 2 daddies
>>
Is Tales of The Abyss for 3Ds any good?
Planning on getting it.
>>
>>322922657
tales of the abyss is one of the worst games I've ever played

I dont see how making the resolution tiny, removing the map glitch that makes the game way more fun by letting you sequence break and tweaking some stuff will make it any better
>>
>>322918530
PC because dual audio and Presea Steam background.
>>
>>322920152
The sequel is so bad it's not bundled with the PC version of TOS.
>>
>>322923121
really? that's kind of a bummer

there's a solid core game surrounded by all the terrible parts and the disappointment of being a sequel nobody wanted or needed, if someone modded the game it could've been pretty cool
>>
>>322922657
I got bored of it before getting very deep
There's a bit of lag, but I think it's playable.

Feels like a standard Tales title to me.
>>
>>322918530
Recently played and beat Symphonia. God damn was it overhyped, it's not a bad game at all but it wasn't as good as I thought it woild be. Also, final boss is a push over. 7.5/10.
>>
>>322920152
tos 2 is pretty lame sequal to the most popular game in the series but the games combat is fucking good as well as the monster catching and raising. its definitely worth playing. I mean if your playing tales shitty lame anime plots shouldn't scare you away...
>>
>>322921795
Because he had great genetics thanks to his birth parents. While he was raised by a loving adoptive father figure, who impressed upon him a strong moral framework. He could not accept all the fucked up shit that was going on. Where everyone else was accepting of morally dubious acts, so long as it fit their interests and allowed them to get by. Lloyd was always the one who was never satisfied with the system. He may not have been the brightest bulb, but he understood intuitively that people become who they are in large part due to the environment in which they were raised. People adapt to their surroundings. So even though he would get mad at people, he would always have an ounce of mercy or pity. Because it's was the whole circumstance that he was angry at.

So he kept fighting his way up the system, to figure out how to fix it all.
>>
>>322918530
Wait for the PC release.
>>
>>322922657
I played the shit out of it, its basically the same as the PS2 version, just smaller.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UBtEYlXXxI

Here's a GRAFIX comparison for you, my man.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.