[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this faggot play Gamecube/Wii games off disc? Could I play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: B009AGXH64hardware.jpg (48KB, 1024x665px) Image search: [Google]
B009AGXH64hardware.jpg
48KB, 1024x665px
Does this faggot play Gamecube/Wii games off disc? Could I play FZero GX on it? What about mario galaxies?
>>
>>322901581
Just Wii
So no FZero but Galaxies are fine
>>
>>322901581

Wii yes, Gamecube no.

They have older games in the e-store though. And you can use Gamecube controllers with an adapter.
>>
>>322901581
>Gamecube

I think you can somehow get Cube games to work on it.
>>
>>322901581
A quick google search revealed this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927094
>>
>>322902114
>Nintendont is a homebrew application for the Wii (and thusly, the Wii U via Wii mode) that takes advantage of the fact that the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii...which means it's also fully backwards compatible with the GameCube. Yes, that's right - the Wii U can play GameCube games natively. No emulation here.
>natively
ffs. Why didn't Nintendo just include it themselves from launch then instead of needing custom homebrew for it? Fucking weak.
>>
>>322902376
>Why didn't Nintendo just include it themselves from launch then instead of needing custom homebrew for it

No idea. I still have dozens of GC games so that would have been pretty nice. It also makes you wonder why there are no GC games on the eshop yet.
>>
>>322902567
I keep wondering this too, they're sitting on a potential goldmine (and obviously have the hardware to do gamecube emulation), it's such a shame because it'd be amazing to play gamecube games right off of the gamepad.
>>
>>322902114
I haven't owned a Nintendo console since N64... missed out on so much shit. If this actually works without problems then that's a pretty big reason for me to get it... gc, wii and wii u library...

also missed out on both bayonettas... didn't wanna play the 30fps version of the first game on ps3...

this homebrew will allow me to play gc games off disc? will i get banned from nintendo online for using it?
>>
>>322903014
I think you're going to have to rip the discs to your PC (or download them) and put them on your hard drive.

I think homebrew in Wii mode is safe as long as you online go online in Wii U mode. They won't be able to see what you've been doing in Wii mode. Or so I've read. I haven't tried it out yet myself.
>>
>>322903452
>you online go online in Wii U mode

*you only go online in Wii U mode
>>
>>322902802
Then you can sell as many HD remakes and eshop games I guess.
>>
>>322904237
but they haven't made any apart from that one zelda game and there aren't any gamecube games in the eshop
>>
It plays wii games off disc
it can play gamecube games if you hack the wii mode
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.