[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you play this game? I don't get the combat system.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: vagrant-story.jpg (101KB, 1010x758px) Image search: [Google]
vagrant-story.jpg
101KB, 1010x758px
How do you play this game? I don't get the combat system.
>>
>>322901232
that art style is horrible
>>
>>322901232
Kill shit with weapon designed for killing this type of shit. The end.
>>
>>322901585
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>322901585
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1a2rgFWD6pY
>>
Shit character design. I thought the MC was a grill for the first 2 hours into the game. The combat was neat, but having to deal with lame ass puzzles and terrible camera quickly made me quit.
>>
Find what area of the enemy is weak to what attack type and hit them.
Chain attacks together depending on how low the evasion rate is and imbue you weapons with gems for more damage.
>>
Best jrpg of psx
>>
>>322901232
One of the goats right here. I hate all the people who didn't buy a copy back in the day. This deserved to get a sequel.
>>
>>322901232
Get gud at doing the attack QTEs and you can chain attacks infinitely. Theoretically this would be bad since if you miss you get your ass handed to you, but since it's ridiculously easy to not miss you can just sit there doing a single chain for 30 minutes until the enemy dies without a chance of ever hitting you.

It's a terrible combat system desu.
>>
>>322901232
There is a tutorial accessed from the in-game menu that explains everything.
>>
Have you beaten the Minotaur yet? You don't unlock the full potential of the combat until after that boss, everything before that is an extended tutorial.

After that you get paper Mario style action commands that allow you to chain attacks in combat Indefinitely if you can manage the timing.

Some tips though.

you need at least three weapons, because of the way grinding weapon damage types works. If you grind a weapon against one creature type, it will lose its edge against two other creature types. To balance this out, you need one weapon for beasts and dragons, one for undead and demons, and one for humans and ghosts.

A weapon that is good against human knight enemies won't be good against goblins and orcs, because humans are weak to dark and earth while monsters are weak to light and air, despite both being in the "human" category. It may be best to keep two human-focused weapons on hand.

Your RISK increases your chance of critical hits, but drops your accuracy and your defense. Entering combat with low risk is ideal, so you are more sure to land your initial attacks. Chaining attacks usually bumps your risk up by 1, but if you land more than 8 attacks in one chain your risk will start going up by 10 per hit, and can easily get out of hand. It might be beneficial to back off and start a new combo in this case.

Each successive hit in a combo will do slightly more damage than the previous. If the first hit is 40, next will be 42, and so on, depending on what chain skill you use. If you MISS your first hit, your successive hits will start counting up from 0, 1, 2 etc, so it's usually worth your while to relent and try to start a new chain with a bigger initial hit, because working up from 0 will skyrocket your RISK.

Don't cast heal on yourself when you have magic ward active.

High RISK makes you more "vulnerable" to your own healing spells the same way it makes you more vulnerable to enemy attacks - they will heal you for more HP.
>>
When you upgrade your weapons, just rember

Japanese and eastern swords are JUST better

Never make a spatha

NEVER make a Norse sword
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.