[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not gonna lie, /v/, this probably ended up as the best Battlefield

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 26

File: 2396871-battlefield4.jpg (43KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
2396871-battlefield4.jpg
43KB, 320x320px
Not gonna lie, /v/, this probably ended up as the best Battlefield title in the end.
>>
>>322895092
Also, has there been any new info on the upcoming Battlefield since that one tweet from a dev?
>>
>>322895092
You clearly never played 1942, Vietnam, BF2 or 2142

you must be one of those reddit tear plebs who's favourite baddyfield was bad company 2

BF3 is shit, and BF4 is more polished shit. The only reason I still play it is because I'm too autistic for sub 60 fps and hence will never play ARMA.

And that the only other populated shooter is CSGO.
>>
>>322895857
I've been a Battlefield fan since 1942, dude.

I'll admit, all those older ones are definite classics, but I've found BF4 to just offer the most by a long shot so far, and it has really been polished out the ass since launch and pretty much every problem it had has been fixed.

Also
>BF3 is shit
Why do you say that? BF3 isn't my favorite by a couple titles, but it wasn't a horrible game by any means and was miles better than BF4 for awhile.
>>
>>322895092
Bad Company 2 is the GOAT
>>
>>322895714
All we know is that it will be like 2142
>>
>>322896514
I really hope that if they make a 2143 they'll still somehow have the same level of weapon variety that BF4 has. Maybe not with all the attachment bloating, but roughly the same amount of guns.

Especially considering that the majority of players have told them to exclusively focus on multiplayer only and do away with campaign altogether. I ain't paying another fucking $80 for something with the same weapon content as SW:BF.
>>
>>322896242
>no horizontal sprinting
>>
>>322896110
The fundamental gameplay of the newer battlefields is crap

> shitty weapon balance
> shitty class balance
> spawn wherever the fuck you want
> regenerating health
> shitty vehicle balance
> unlock everything
> shitty maps
> spotting
> retarded gadgets
>>
>>322899315
How in the fuck are half of those even bad? Also, balance has been pretty damn stable for some time now.

I'll give you shitty maps, though, I find myself not wanting to play on like 40% of the maps.
>>
>>322897765
I'm pretty sure none of the games had this until bf3
>>
File: 1450805492001.png (167KB, 383x578px) Image search: [Google]
1450805492001.png
167KB, 383x578px
>>322895092
>tfw I'm terrible at BF4 mostly since I can't see shit

how do I gitgud?
>>
>>322899706
Be more perceptive, If you are a shitter just 3d spot everythimg. scratch that, 3d spot everything everytime even if you see a guy
>>
>>322899706
Pretty much the only way to git gud at BF4 is through constant play since there's a fuckload of things you need to learn to play around. You also have to always be as aware of everything going on as you can, being greedy or being aggressive as fuck will pretty much always get you killed if you don't have the skill to pull it off.

Also pick the class that most suits your playstyle and just become the best you can at that class. I did so for Assault and it helps you learn the game much faster while also eventually becoming highly dominant in your favorite class, which is both satisfying as hell and makes you an essential part of any squad rather than being a faggot that switches every 2 seconds yet sucks at every class.
>>
>>322899315

Ok, let's see

>> shitty weapon balance
being fixed as we go, devs been good about this and they are fine tuning weapon balance with every patch, it's kinda hard when you have over 150 weapons in the game but they are getting there, besides that you can engage on so many different distances in this game different weapons will give you advantage in different situations.
>> shitty class balance
Not true, balance is just fine, I can see how you think assault and engy are most preoccupied classes right now but lmgs and recons C4 evens things up.
>> spawn wherever the fuck you want
Not true, you spawn on a spawn beacon, mate, vehicle or taken point
>> regenerating health
time to kill is to short for it to matter
>> shitty vehicle balance
how? Land vehicles can wreck air vehicles and vice versa, I think it's fine.
>> unlock everything
This I can agree with, you should have all guns from the get go and just unlock attachements and gadgets
>> shitty maps
maps were better in bf3, I can say that but there are some really nice maps in premium pack. Vanilla indeed had mostly shit maps.
>> spotting
Can be turned off entirely and it is on many servers because: >strong community
>> retarded gadgets
Nope, most of them are useful but very situational, you can end up using those that came from BF3 and top the server, and you unlock them very fast.
>>
BC2 is objectively the best
>>
>>322900267
>Not learning all classes and using them accordingly of the current situation to get the most of it.

Get a load of this faggot
>>
It's all downhill post 2142
the series turns COD-tier after that
>>
>>322901331
>the series turns COD-tier after that

It is nothing like COD, not even in business practice.
>>
>>322901082
Once you get past level 20 you'll realize it's not always the smartest solution, your squadmates should be filling the roles that you can't.
>>
>>322895092
Post-update, yes.
>>
I still prefer BC2
>>
>>322900782

> class balance is fine
I run engineer like 90% of the time. Giving carbines and DMRs to all classes is the definition of shitty balance. Compare this to BF2 which actually separated medic/assault and recon/spec ops, and gave engineers a shitty gun so they didnt dominate everything.

> Not true, you spawn on a spawn beacon, mate, vehicle or taken point
Man guys like you are the fucking reason BF is dead. In BF2 you could only spawn on points or squad leaders. In 1942, only points. Vietnam had it best, with mobile spawn points and spawning on caps.

Don't you see you make the game SIGNIFICANTLY worse by allowing people to insta spawn in vehicles and on all allies. It removes the coordination of attacking a player because some cunt can spawn right on top of him and just unnecessarily increases game speed which makes the game like CoD.

Also, you CAN spawn wherever the fuck you want via the fantastic device known as the SPAWN BEACON which shows how retarded DICE and the community have become.

> you should have all guns from the get go and just unlock attachements and gadgets

Man unlocking attachments is literally the shittest thing, once I unlock a gun I should have access to all attachments. Fuck, there shouldn't even be attachments, keep it vanilla so you can't chuck suppressors on every weapon. Its dice's problem, by trying to cater to the CoD fangays that they need a retarded unlock system, that in turn fucks up class and weapon balance when how it worked in 1942 and Vietnam was fine.

> vehicle balance
Over-emphasis on lock on weapons and hard counter vehicles whereas in 1942 and vietnam all classes could deal damage to vehicles and it was more nuanced

Your answers are retarded and betray your likely CoD origins.

BF4 (and BF3) are just bloated messes where they shove in 10000 things. Sadly, I don't think this is something the series will ever come back from.
>>
>>322903256
Are you autistic?
Been playing BF games for years, since the first game.
BF2 was good but BF4 is an improvement
Only shit game was Hardline (like 11 weapons and 3 maps)
BF4 has an ass load of people don't know what you mean by "dead game"
>>
It got patched really good.

The only thing I have a problem with:

MLAWs. They made that shit so fire and forget and easy for shitters to spam. Literally one shitter can take you down with a shit ping, hiding behind a rock, going prone and firing unless you run away.
>>
>no close-range one-hot on sniper rifles when the enemy uses the defensive perk
Fuckin gay
I'll stick with BC2
>>
>>322904287
Hi
>>322901026

contrarian shitter
then just play hardcore if you're going to be an edgelord recon
>>
>>322895092
they've fucked with the gun physics so much in this game, i can't even play it anymore.

BFH is vastly superior to BF4. Too bad I'm in the minority
>>
>>322904592
That's what I'm doing
>>
>>322904903
>BFH is better than BF4 with gun physics and netcode

This proves how much of a retarded and ignorant fool you are. Nor did you play BFH beta.
>>
>>322903716
Where the fuck did I call the game dead, autistbro?

BF4 is like a downgrade in almost every respect - it literally went CoD, where the devs took a simple formula and multiplied it by 100000x

If you read what I actually typed, I don't even think BF2 was as good as 1942 or vietnam.

I honestly can't think of a single aspect of gameplay that BF3/4 did better than its predecessors.
>>
>>322905290
>I honestly can't think of a single aspect of gameplay that BF3/4 did better than its predecessors.
Destruction
>>
>>322905290
Not even the person you're replying to, but I stopped reading "BF4 is more like CoD"

Nigger, BF3 is the closest we had to CoD. Filter, lowest TTK, Assault wrecking everything, Jets being OP cunts in the sky, no limitations on ammo spamming, JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU SHITTER WHO IS BAD AT BF4
>>
>>322905497
I view Bf3/4 in the same pile of crap dice made post-2142.

Glad that your autism got triggered, though.
>>
>>322903256
>Giving carbines and DMRs to all classes is the definition of shitty balance
Assault rifles pretty much do everything carbines can but 10 times better, DMR's are pretty much horrible at everything but long range and even then can be outclassed by some assault rifles. If you think Engineers dominate everything you're fucking bad at the game.

>spawning is bad
You do realize the reason vehicles are spawn points now is because the maps are bigger, right? Plus, this is balanced through transport vehicles being the ones that offer the most spawn slots while being offset by having less firepower. Spawn beacons are normally detected after 30 seconds of placement unless the entire team are retards, which is normally never since most teams will have at least 5-10 very good players or competent squad stacks.

>Man unlocking attachments is literally the shittest thing, once I unlock a gun I should have access to all attachments
While I can agree the fact you unlock half of the attachments for any given gun through weapon battlepacks is somewhat stupid, it also is justifiable for getting really good with a certain gun and also adds longevity to the game. You realize how garbage the game would be if every person who unlocks the AEK 20 minutes in already has it fully upgraded? It'd be lame as fuck and would give no incentive to stick with a certain gun for a bit. Keeping it all vanilla is stupid as fuck, by the way, why would you add that many weapons to keep them all vanilla? You're literally asking to pay more for less.

>vehicle balance
Once again, has pretty much been fixed in the recent half year or so of patching. Really, no vehicle completely dominates the field anymore. And how is it a big surprise that a modern era Battlefield has more lockon weaponry? Also, every class IS capable of dealing damage to vehicles, the Engineer is just obviously the one that is the best at it, which is how it should be.

>C-COD kiddie!
You're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>322905782
Well I'm glad you got your nostalgia goggles on and haven't proven you're not a mad shitter.

I've played every BF since 1942, and BF4 is the best ti has in years, after the Summer 2015 patch. Before that patch? It was ok.
>>
If the next one is 2143 they better be real fucking careful it doesn't end up being another Hardline.
>>
>>322905837
>You realize how garbage the game would be if every person who unlocks the AEK 20 minutes in already has it fully upgraded? It'd be lame as fuck and would give no incentive to stick with a certain gun for a bit.
My god, this is the CoD generation all grown up
You're so used to chasing the carrot you can't even fathom a different system
>>
>>322905782
you're a nostalgia babby, just because it's older doesn't make it better you shitlord
>>
You're fucking retarded, and that's coming from someone who has Origin installed and plays Battlefield 4 regularly.
>>
>>322906015
>Cherrypicks
>Doesn't even know the AEK isn't hot shit in BF4!

How you doing, retard? Still grasping for straws?

If I mentioned the F2000 being OP right now, would you agree? Oh right, you'd probably google because you don't even own the game or just parrot like a faggot.
>>
>>322895857
>tear
BF2 is still the best BF though
>>
>>322906015
Because the system you're advocating for has proven time and time again that it doesn't keep players around for very long, you fucking moron. As I said, it gives incentive to stick with the game longer than you normally would, which is probably why BF4 still has a very sizable playerbase to this day.
>>
>>322896838
I fucking hope so
But after battlefront EA , I don't know what to expect anymore
>>
>>322906385
What gun it is is completely irrelevant
You're saying that you see an extensive unlock system as a necessity for an online shooter since you'd get bored otherwise
>>
>>322906448
Yes, and that is shitty carrot on a stick incentives
Good games still retain their palyerbase after years since they're fun to play, not because you get that endorphine kick from getting UPGRADE GOOD JOB all over your screen
>>
>>322906520
You dont need unlocks to do well.

The only thing that is fucked is maybe suppressors not being unlocked.
You literally do 20 kills and you get RDS for sure.

I do agree the grinding and unlocks is stupid, but by the time you're rank 60, you already have most of the shit unlocked due to Battlepacks being literally thrown at you.

I'm drowning in them even at Rank 120.
>>
File: what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.png (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.png
19KB, 400x400px
>>322896110
>all those older ones are definite classics, but I've found BF4 to just offer the most by a long shot so far
>>
>>322906448
>Because the system you're advocating for has proven time and time again that it doesn't keep players around for very long, you fucking moron
Then it's because the game is shit. You shouldn't need a fucking incentive to play a multiplayer video game other than getting better at it, not chasing unlocks.
>>
>>322906726
He's completely right, though. Content-wise BF4 beats the other Battlefield games by miles.
>>
File: 1451920435906.jpg (44KB, 542x466px) Image search: [Google]
1451920435906.jpg
44KB, 542x466px
This game is boring as fuck by yourself and I'm sick of niggas dumping the heli's as soon as they fly above a building.

Why y'all so retarded?
>>
>>322906709
I should also say I am not defending unlocks.

I really want it gone. Is the whole game tainted because of this? Not really.

Is it a fucking pain? Yes. Should it ever come back? Fuck no, but that's modern dopamine culture for you.

>>322906620
DOPAMINE
DOPAMINE
Not endorphine
>>
>>322906823
>THE GAME IS SHIT
Because of what? Don't say the unlock system, shitter.

You're the only faggot here who keeps yelling that the game is shit and yet you don't play it, don't know anything about, and keep pointing to a scapegoat unlock system as the shit-all end of discussion.
>>
>>322906620
>>322906823
>A game can't be both fun to play and have an unlock system to add to longevity

Yeah, obvious parrot faggots. You do realize that you can have both at the same time, right? And you do realize how fucking dumb it is to either start with all attachments upon unlock or having all guns vanilla as well, right?

Use your goddamn heads.
>>
>>322907017
>And you do realize how fucking dumb it is to either start with all attachments upon unlock or having all guns vanilla as well, right?
Why
>>
>>322906998
Are you unable to read a conversation you inbred retard?
>>
Conquest is the worst game mode
>>
>>322907203
>Then it's because the game is shit
BECAUSE
BECAUSE
BECAUSE

Are you unable to read a conversation you inbred retard?
>>
>>322907295
Not him
You're fucking retarded
Reread the conversation chain
>>
>>322907295
>Because the system you're advocating for has proven time and time again that it doesn't keep players around for very long
>Then it's because the game is shit
Please tell me where I mentioned that BF4 is a shit game.
>>
I've only played 1942, 2, 1943, BC2 and BF3.

How does BF4 compare to those? I'm considering getting it since I'm kinda feeling BF right now.
>>
>>322906709
>>322906903
Cool, we're on equal footing then
The game is not inherently bad because it has an unlock system, but unlock systems are also not a requirement for a good game. If anything, they're a detriment to a good game, at least in my opinion. Maybe other people really like unlocking shit, I prefer having all the options available right away
>>
>DICE will never produce another WII shooter
why even live
>>
>>322905415
The destruction is worse than BC2
>>
>>322907710
Im a different anon from the one saying an unlock system is needed (or needed for a good game).

Im just an anon who is good at BF4, enjoys BF4 (POST 2015 PATCH because before it was mediocre), and dislikes unlock systems (as a former Quake player who had to compete with others for map pickups).

There's another anon who likes BF4 in this thread that support/is neutral to the unlock system, but I was the person you quoted on both.
>>
>>322907917
I also feel that way, but I don't know if it's actually the case. Maybe it just feels more impactful in BC2 because the maps are smaller
>>
>>322907074
All attachments upon unlock:
>Gives players less reason to ever become proficient with certain guns (starting off with a vanilla gun really hammers in the way the gun works better)
>Yet again, less longevity to the game. As I said before, unlocks are part of the reason people have stuck with the game for so long and why new players stay
>Makes better use of the battlepack system
>Nullifies any sense of weapon progression aside from service stars

All guns vanilla:
>Nullifies any sense of weapon progression aside from service stars
>Not believable at all due to the era BF4 takes place in
>Would be horrible to always deal with iron sights on maps as big as the ones in BF4
>Zero longevity and wouldn't hold a playerbase for shit
>>
>>322908048
Yeah sure I got that, your writing style is different
>>
1942=2142>2=3=vietnam>4>hardline
>>
>>322908071
I haven't played 4, but it's definitely the case with 3. At least vanilla.
There's so many urban maps where you can't destroy entire buildings, just specific walls, while BC2 is mostly set in small towns where you can level entire houses.
>>
>>322895092
they made huge improvements but holy shit was it a shit show
>>
>>322895092
no
>>
>>322906836
And? it's not like content automatically means quality as cliche as that is it's definitely true with the recent Battlefields, they just threw in tons of shit and didn't bother to get the fundamentals right and focus on what they did well instead of cramming in every gun and mode in the world let alone having a pointless single player, the amount of time and resources spent on getting more "content" bloated the product so much that it's taken two years! to fix.
>>
>>322908354
>>322907917
The whole catch of Bad Company is how in-depth the destruction is, that was kind of half the point of it.
>>
>>322908338
>this
1942 was and always will be THE battlefield
All the ones they got these days are just pandering to the CoD audience, let's face it
>>
>>322908078
>Gives players less reason to ever become proficient with certain gun
How about enjoying a certain gun, or making them have strengths and weaknesses to emphasize using different guns for different situations
>Yet again, less longevity to the game.
'competitive' multiplayer games don't need artificial longevity increasing mechanics. Something like a MMO might because you're basically waiting for content, but shooters should incite people to paly because they're fun. I unlocked everything in BC like 400 hours ago and I'm still palying it, there's no unlocks in quake or UT and people are still playing it. Upgrades might be good to pull in the masses though, which shouldn't bother you as the individual though, you're not EA
>>Makes better use of the battlepack system
That's kind of scircular reasoning, you don't need a battlepack system when you don't have unlocks
>>Nullifies any sense of weapon progression aside from service stars
That's a fact, not an argument for either side

>Not believable at all due to the era BF4 takes place in
>Would be horrible to always deal with iron sights on maps as big as the ones in BF4
You know you can have attachments to weapons without having to unlock them, right?
>>
>>322908354
I like how destruction in BC2 actually affects the gameplay in meaningful ways
>>
>>322908675
>You know you can have attachments to weapons without having to unlock them, right?
He was referring to the vanilla weapons thing, not the no unlocks thing.
>>
>>322908501
It's something that should have carried on to the main series. It's cool shit.

Except when they put an mcom station in a destructable building. Then it's stupid.
>>
>>322905415
Gunplay, foot movement.
>>
>>322908338
Is hardline really that bad? I played the beta a long time ago and it wasn't too bad.
Wouldn't pay full price for it though.

How's the campaign?
>>
>>322908842
His argument is strange either way. You can have a system where you can put a gazillion attachments on guns and they're all unlocked by default. There's no reason why an attachment system has to be coupled to an unlock system
>>
>>322908962
Campaign is shit.
And it's not that hardline is awful, it's just worse than every other battleifled, and feels less like battlefield than even the bad company series.
>>
>>322908912
>Except when they put an mcom station in a destructable building. Then it's stupid.
That was such an incredibly retarded decision, what the hell
>>
File: 1313679259808.jpg (997KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1313679259808.jpg
997KB, 1920x1080px
>>322895092
True. I fucking hated BF games. Fuck every single nostalgiafag who still claims BF2 was good. It had fuckawful hit detection and atrocious grenade spam. BC2 and BF3 also suffered from networking issues which made me stop playing.
They finally got their shit together after 2 years of release. Feels so fluid and responsive now, I couldn't even believe it's a Battlefield game when I went back to it a couple of months ago. I hope the support continues at least until BF5 releases. We could still get at least 2 night maps.
>>
>>322905993
>>322906234

Enjoy aiming at doritos :^)

>>322905837
Spawn points should only be on specific vehicles. It is so retarded now if you have a semi competent squad if one guy starts capping a point suddenly 4 other guys can cap the same point.

If maps are bigger, simply add in more vehicles like bikes/etc. You don't need to come up with some complex solution that then breaks the game in more ways.
>>
>>322909259
>BC2 and BF3 also suffered from networking issues which made me stop playing.
Legit question, are you american? I'm yuro and I have never experienced the netcode issues people were having with BC2. Sure, when I'm playing with 100+ ping I occasionally see blood splatter on enemy despite missing, but that's just an issue with client-side hit displaying while it's calculated server-side
And I spend a lot of time sniping thongs over various distances, so I ought to notice if my shots are missing
>>
>>322908943
>Gunplay, foot movement.

Not really. Now every class excels at medium range, guns have less recoil and higher lethality, and combined with the spotting system results in too many wtf moments.

Infinite stamina is also bad, in BF2 it was class specific and balanced with armor.

Vaulting in bf3/4 is good, but hardly some incredible achievement.
>>
you misspelled 3 OP
>>
>>322909560
I'm russian, we had a lot of servers and strong 2ch community. Come on, two people could knife each other in BC2 with both of them dying. That's just stupid. And the issue you mentioned pissed me off as well.
As for BF3, it's the "die behind cover" thing. Even the recent Venice Unleashed mod didn't fix that, the problem obviously lies deeper than just update rates.
>>
>>322910075
I'm not saying it's great anon, I'm just saying 1942 to 2142 and everything in between considered, BF3 had the best gunplay, because all those games had pretty shitty gunplay.
Infinite stamina was fine because there was a lot of running between points.
>>
>>322908675
>How about enjoying a certain gun, or making them have strengths and weaknesses to emphasize using different guns for different situations
What's the matter with enjoying a gun where you need to unlock attachments for it? Does unlocking attachments for a gun somehow make it less fun to use? Guns also already have strengths and weaknesses by default, so I don't really understand what you're trying to say with that.

>'competitive' multiplayer games don't need artificial longevity increasing mechanics
Wouldn't really consider Battlefield a very competitive game by any means, which is kind of why it relies on the longevity offered by its massive unlock trees. It's great that you still play after all that time in BC, but how is it any different? BC doesn't have much gun or attachment variation to unlock, and it's no different with BF4. I unlocked everything around 600 hours ago and still play very frequently, doesn't make the game less fun for me either. And comparing Quake or UT to Battlefield doesn't really make sense, both of those games are extremely high skill capped games and are arena shooters to boot, they don't resemble Battlefield in any way and are made for a different playerbase.

>That's kind of scircular reasoning, you don't need a battlepack system when you don't have unlocks
While true, I like the idea of unlocking most of the camos and emblems through battlepacks, but if it was just those things unlocked through them it'd be pointless. Either way, I suppose the argument works for both sides so we'll just leave it at that.

>>322909457
Well, realistically, having vehicles actually be a problem as a spawn machine is pretty exclusive to certain vehicles (transport helis and LAVs). No one uses a tank or attack heli as a spawn point since they offer firepower, safety and minimal slots. Plus, big maps already do offer a shitload of bike/quad spawns.
>>
>>322895857
i can hear the neckbeard from here
>>
EA shills all week
>>
>>322909079
That's because Bad Company was very obviously Battlefield Lite. It knew that and did it well.

Hardline is... I don't even fucking know.
>>
File: consider the following homer.jpg (109KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following homer.jpg
109KB, 569x428px
>>322907917
>muh BC2 destruction
let's not forget that all buildings were two stories max which felt more like cardboard boxes than actual buildings. that's all BC2 had: corridor-ish rush oriented maps with those houses plastered all over the place, the design decision that took a huge shit over everything BF stood for.
>>
File: 20141124_BF4FinalStand_Splash.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20141124_BF4FinalStand_Splash.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
Assault bros WW@?
>>
>>322910479
> Guns also already have strengths and weaknesses by default, so I don't really understand what you're trying to say with that.
You're saying that having unlocks for a gun incentives gitting gud with it, when the gun being fun does that all by itself already. YOu don't need attachments to desire getting good at using a specific gun

>Wouldn't really consider Battlefield a very competitive game by any means
Competitive as in you spend most of your time fighting against other players. In games like WoW you spend a lot of time with PvE, where unlocks actually somewhat enhance the content.
>It's great that you still play after all that time in BC, but how is it any different? BC doesn't have much gun or attachment variation to unlock, and it's no different with BF4. I unlocked everything around 600 hours ago and still play very frequently, doesn't make the game less fun for me either.
You're saying that a lot of unlocks increase the longevity of a game, while I'm saying that you don't need unlocks to have shooters with endless longevity
> And comparing Quake or UT to Battlefield doesn't really make sense
They're all multiplayer shooters, where you spend your time shooting other players from a first person perspective. That already warrants some comparisons.
>>
I just want bad company 2 again
>>
>>322911186
Small buildings or not, they made for a more interesting dynamic than BF3's urban maps.
>>
I've been playing BF4 again for like a week. It's pretty fun. What sucks is that no one in my squad ever talks.
>>
BF3>BF4
>>
>>322895092
>not battlefield vietnam
You are wrong.
>>
Is the server list still in browser for 4?
Why the fuck did they do that?
>>
>>322905250

BF4 is totally shit to this day, meanwhile BFH was enjoyable since the beta.
>>
Would play more if I had any idea what the fuck I was doing, and there weren't a gorillion different unlocks.
>>
Bf5 is going to be cod 2030 shit not like 2142, it'd been confirmed to be in japan
>>
File: 1388502513231.png (75KB, 983x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1388502513231.png
75KB, 983x1013px
>>322911779
>destroy everything over the course of the game
>have open field
>more interesting dynamic
>>
>>322911335
>You're saying that having unlocks for a gun incentives gitting gud with it, when the gun being fun does that all by itself already. YOu don't need attachments to desire getting good at using a specific gun
But it goes hand in hand with it, a gun is fun by itself already, but having that progressive factor as you unlock more and get better and better with it partially due to experience and unlocks makes it a more personal experience with said gun. Sure, you don't NEED them, but it doesn't hurt it at all, either. So in a way, it is still an incentive for a lot of players.

>Competitive as in you spend most of your time fighting against other players. In games like WoW you spend a lot of time with PvE, where unlocks actually somewhat enhance the content.
It kind of works like that for Battlefield, too, though. WoW is a completely different genre and obviously unlocks will have more of an impact there, but the unlocks in Battlefield still have an impact in how players fight each other. It's also kind of the same principle, though, players that have put more time into both Battlefield and WoW have more options, while newer players will have to be more resourceful in order to be more successful at fighting other players, which I honestly think adds a lot of fun to the game when starting out and gives a goal to strive for.

>You're saying that a lot of unlocks increase the longevity of a game, while I'm saying that you don't need unlocks to have shooters with endless longevity
Right, but those unlocks are what I found myself staying for ON TOP of the fact that the game was fun to play. It gave me both a goal and a good time, now I stay because I've gotten good and the game is still fun to play. They work hand in hand.

>They're all multiplayer shooters, where you spend your time shooting other players from a first person perspective. That already warrants some comparisons.
That's about as far as it goes, though, nothing else is similar about them.
>>
>>322911984
Battelog isn't that bad, dude. While it feels a little archaic, I found it really grew on me and it's nice having everything available like that while browsing other things.
>>
>>322912905
>not being able to use the destroyed houses as cover
There's still the world geometry as well.
Only Heavy Metal was an open field. And that shit sucked.
>>
Conquest mode is a joke in battlefield after 2142 and should be scrapped all together.
>>
>>322913480
Conquest is probably the best it's ever been.
>>
File: 1448018030001.jpg (27KB, 460x368px) Image search: [Google]
1448018030001.jpg
27KB, 460x368px
Anyone else have problems with rocket launchers?
Sometimes when I fire a rocket directly at a tank it'll go right through or disappear and does no damage, there'll be a little bit of smoke as if the rocket did hit the tank but nothing actually happens.
>>
>>322895092
How do I get past the punkbuster level?
Could never get the game running and decided to get a refund last time I was tempted by it.
>>
>>322907620
It's 3 with a rediculous amount of customization, to the point where there's too much.
>>
>>322914760
Active Protection.
>>
>>322911210
mah nigga
I just love bring people back to life too much to play any other classes

I'm still salty the AS Val was made an engi only weapon

>>322911916
same here. I'd rather have a group of people to play with
/bfg/ revival when?
>>
>>322915362
Sounds interesting.
>>
>>322914760
If the tank has a green light on that means it has Active Protection activated, any explosive projectile will explode before it hits it.
>>
>>322915515
ahhh is that what it is? Damn, I always thought it was a bug
>>
>>322915779
There is a bug that does the same thing called dusting but that mostly affects choppers, not so much tanks.
>>
>>322915518
As faggy as it sounds, I love after you revive someone and they give you that THANKS. Just feels good to know it was appreciated.
>>
>>322913253
I tried playing BF3 today after a few months of not playing it and Battlelog has given me nothing but trouble for the past hour.
This is fucking awful.
>>
>>322895092
I don't agree, but dice la really did turn it around.
>>
File: M014.png (24KB, 666x110px) Image search: [Google]
M014.png
24KB, 666x110px
>tfw can't aim
>tfw little maps suck dicks
>tfw running around huge maps with a shotgun
>tfw firing 5 shells and suppressing people
>tfw shotgun nerfs
>>
>>322895092
I liked Bad Company 2 the most out of all Battlefield games.
>>
>>322918048
me too bruh
>>
File: my baby.png (10KB, 657x84px) Image search: [Google]
my baby.png
10KB, 657x84px
>>322917998
Still kind of salty about the shotgun nerfs, while I didn't use them I found people whining about them way too fucking much. We'd be on a map like Pearl Market and people would still cry 24/7 about them even though those are the kind of maps they're made for.

Also, what's your top weapons, bros? Here's mine, forever and always.
>>
What is /v/ opinion on Bad Company 2 Vietnam? I really liked it personally. The flamethrower was fun to use and the napalm scorched maps looked great.
>>
>>322919135
Probably one of the best Battlefield expansions to date, honestly.
>>
>>322919135
Best Vietnam game so far.
>>
>>322919135
It's how DLC should be.
>>
>>322919135
Pretty great
Sadly it's nearly kil now even on yuro servers
>>
>>322906483
You should've expected battlefront to be a casual experience in the first place
>>
>>322920292
Not him but I quite liked the beta, would have been great for like 30€ max, but 110 is obscene
>>
File: gunfus.png (21KB, 666x200px) Image search: [Google]
gunfus.png
21KB, 666x200px
>>322918590
>want to like the l85 but the l86 feels so much better
It could be the changes from BF3 that's putting me off. Also,
>no AKS-74u, but the RPK's in
Bullshit
>>
>>322899315
First of all, there is no space between the first letter and >, you stupid new fag, second if you actually played the game, you would see that the kill feed, everyone isn't using a couple guns.
>shitty weapon balance
>>
>bf3
>tank superiority hits
>fuck yes, love armored combat in this game
>first 2 weeks fine, do really well
>learn how to snipe and estimate that follows into 4
>hardcore especially fun when hiding in bushes and ambushing people
>after the 2 weeks game gets filled with Javelin teams, people on foot, actual tank combat slows and eventually stops
>some of the maps are completely one sided for certain sides with only one objective to hold

both happy and sad the gametype didn't return in 4.

>inb4 world of shit / warthunder
>>
>>322922461
I want tank superiority on heavy metal from bad company 2 but with more buildings.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Is bad company2(mostly hardcore) still alive??
>>
>>322921494
Goddamn I want the AS-VAL so bad because it always melts my face, but I never play Engineer. Is it everything it's cracked up to be? Sure looks like it.
>>
>>322922461
They gave people too many ways to kill tanks, the only class that doesn't have some form of anti-armour is Assault.
>>
>>322895857

>its shit but theres nothing else better

Lol
>>
>>322923180
Agreed, as an Assault player tanks are still a scary thing for me to run into, but not nearly as much anymore since hordes of any other class will rush in and fuck the tank. Tanks used to be goddamn scary, man, no matter what class you played.

Although a good tank player is still a force to be reckoned with.
>>
>>322923146
I havent seen a single hardcore server since i started playing again.
But there's tons of regular servers still up
>>
File: 14318738722.gif (2MB, 280x296px) Image search: [Google]
14318738722.gif
2MB, 280x296px
>In this thread waiting for server to change map
>Changes to Caspian Border 2014
>Then to Zavod: Graveyard Shift
>Then to Lumphini Garden
>Then to fucking Dragon Pass

Never seen maps this bad this many times in a row in my life. What are those maps you refuse to play?
>>
File: just.jpg (83KB, 1232x867px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
83KB, 1232x867px
>>322923465
>mfw kill enough people on the enemy team that they join up using tanks, jets, c4 jeeps to overwhelm and kill me

I only shot down two attack choppers...
>>
File: 131352634123.jpg (48KB, 535x798px) Image search: [Google]
131352634123.jpg
48KB, 535x798px
>was playing on Pearl Market
>Holding down the alleys from A, E, and D
>rack up around 25 kills
>enemy starts to seriously swarm me
>commander marks me as a high value target
>still take down around 10 more people before I get totally overwhelmed
>we won the game by a landslide because of it

Is there a better feeling in this game? Also helps that my squad were some kickass motherfuckers.
>>
It's nice they update the game often.

But goddamn I would like to find a server with good maps only.
>>
>>322925097
vanilla maps are mostly bad, and premium servers are always full
why the fuck don't they host more of those
>>
Old story, but probably my favorite battlefield moment ever.

>trying to get 500 kills with RPK74
>stomping the shit out of enemy team on Lancang Dam
>head to objective B, enter building across from D
>two enemies on second floor
>a sniper who isn't paying attention
>and an engineer with his repair torch out
>using it to write the word "poop" on the wall
>waste them both

I was just glad they weren't on my team for once.
>>
I just love how fat fucks can't say why it isn't the best Battlefield.

>ugh well back in my day... ugh memes okay?
>>
>still playing this shit

LMAO
>>
>>322923923
Lockers/Metro, it's fun for like 5 minutes then it's a boring meatgrinder.
>>
Lol, look at all these shitters who first Battlefield title is Bad Company 2.

Neck yourselves.
>>
File: 1448859139127.jpg (87KB, 800x498px) Image search: [Google]
1448859139127.jpg
87KB, 800x498px
i have a Battlefield creepypasta
i play battlefield games on the PS3
don't look back now
>>
File: reigns1.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
reigns1.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>322923465
>Tfw gud with tanks
>tfw mad Zoom optics sniping

The only thing that stops me is running out of shells,
>>
File: 1445972981400.jpg (30KB, 398x362px) Image search: [Google]
1445972981400.jpg
30KB, 398x362px
>>322923923
>mfw fags were praising shit like caspian border and metro back when BF3 was being released

its funny seeing as those were some of the most COD tier maps in the series
>>
>>322936210
Metro is much worse designed than a CoD map.
And CoD has awful maps.

I'd take 64 player shipment over Conquest Metro
>>
>>322936210
Made so mad that those were the ones that made the cut on Second Assault, Oman & Firestorm were great picks tho.
>>
>>322936210
People act like Metro was the greatest thing ever because Rush was the game mode everyone was playing on BF3, which Metro wasn't bad for at all. BF4 on the other hand is pretty much just Conquest, which Metro is the worst fucking thing on the planet for and is ALWAYS a fucking meat grinder at the escalators that goes nowhere for 20 mins at a time.
>>
>>322895092
how come there's no battlefield general? there's generals for mass effect ffs
>>
>>322936440
I preferred Kharg Island over firestorm
>>
>>322936785
I don't know why, honestly. Battlefield threads actually get quite a bit of replies when there's threads about it on /v/, and it's obvious that quite a bit of people still play it, but there is never a general for it /vg/.

Don't kid yourself, though, the only reason series' like Mass Effect still have generals to this day is because of waifufag autists that talk about the same damn thing every thread.

I'd be interested if someone started one if there were enough people to post in it.
>>
>>322936785
There used to be one but it died apparently
I wish someone would revive it because playing by yourself gets a bit boring after a while
>>
File: Azurite.jpg (1MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Azurite.jpg
1MB, 1280x853px
>>322895092
Which class do you use most and why?
>>
>>322937037
>>322937105
to be honest I only play on the double xp weekends, which doesnt seem to be happening this month
>>
>>322937198
Assault.

Rushdown and revives, plus assault rifles are just always the most fun to use for me. I also find Assault the best for always going for the objective.

>>322937347
Already happened not even a month ago. It was for like a week, too.
>>
>>322937198
Engineer

>repairing a teamamte's tank
>"thank you"

The other classes are tiered to lone wolves who care about k/d ratios
>>
>>322937105
Same here, I need some good squadmates because my friends fucking suck and rage quit if they get BTFO for a single game.
>>
>>322906840
>people even do this with attack helicopters
ultra mad
>>
File: combatmedic6.jpg (80KB, 350x416px) Image search: [Google]
combatmedic6.jpg
80KB, 350x416px
>>322937198
Assault, solely because I like to heal and revive my comrade in arms and I always end up feeling bad when I play other classes and someone near me dies and all I can think of is how I could have revived him had I been playing assault

>>322937645
at least you have friends
>>
>>322937914
>at least you have friends

They're basically non-existent on BF4 for me anyway, haven't played with them in months.
>>
File: emblemsBF.jpg (10KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
emblemsBF.jpg
10KB, 320x320px
>>322937037
>>322937105
>>322937645

Well, I mean there wouldnt be much doing, I think the main thing would be keeping it active and attracting players
>>
>>322895092
Oh wow, you bet Headless Chicken Shooter is definitely the pinnacle of teamplay/gameplay in the Battlefield series, and holy moley just look at that map selection where only maybe two of the maps are good!
>>
Yes it is
It's the only game I play these days,I don't know what it is but I just enjoy my time in it and it doesn't feel like I'm forcing my self to like it. I just do (4real)
>>
>>322938649
>I haven't played the game for shit: The Post
>>
File: shitgame.png (27KB, 111x62px) Image search: [Google]
shitgame.png
27KB, 111x62px
>>322938821
>I cant actually come up with a retort or defend my own opinion!

I bet BC2 was your first BF game too huh
>>
>>322938821
>implying it isn't fast paced as fuck where medics/support don't even need to heal/resupply given how fast everyone fucking dies

It becomes a little more bearable on classic servers, but there's basically maybe like one or two that actually have a stable playerbase.
>>
File: blanc de hotot.jpg (505KB, 2736x2052px) Image search: [Google]
blanc de hotot.jpg
505KB, 2736x2052px
Am I the only one who prefers faction-locked weapons? I know it generally leads to less weapon variety overall, but it really satisfies my autism when everyone is using the guns they 'should' be using.
>>
>>322939819
thank you, proud rabbit.
>>
>>322899838
>Play planetside
>Can easily tell who the Battlefield fags are because they spot EVERYTHING
>So many salty tears because guy shouts "ENEMY LIGHT ASSAULT SPOTTED" right behind me
>Turn around and blow him away with the broken tier shotguns in that game
>>
>>322939819
I like it for immersion purposes but it's really fucking gay when I'm forced to use guns that I hate.
>>
>>322940027
I can understand that, but ideally I think each class would have at least four weapons to choose from on each side plus four sidearms.
>>
>>322939819
That's how it should be, I don't even get why we have three billion weapons when they all basically behave the same.

Give every class two or three faction specific weapons and call it a day. It's easier to balance, and you could actually make each weapon be distinctive in its performance as well as factions having an actual impact other than having a slightly different skin.
>>
File: Battlefield2Cover.jpg (104KB, 350x496px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield2Cover.jpg
104KB, 350x496px
>>322895092
I'm mean sure if you wanna just play a game you can just hop into and spastically run around while lights and colors flash your face for 40 min then yeah sure its pretty great at doing that, however if I want to play game with actually teamplay and not a shit playerbase then nothing beats BF2.
>>
>>322901331
Only in BC/2
>>322905837
>>322936785
2bh we in /bfg/ have discussed everything that needs discussion and every playstyle
The game has been out for two years and most of us played the game for 700hours before leaving it.(or stop caring about the vg genera l because smaller communities originated on stea. And other social platforms.)
BTW checkout the mumble for ppl to play with
I think it's bigfatgoys or something like that.
>>
>>322924054

>Buy BC2 on steam winter sale
>Install SweetFX
>Play a few games as engineer today
>Hit every single chopper I see with the tracker pistol AND shoot every single one of them down every single time

To think it was so fucking hard to take the damn things down in the console port years ago...
>>
>>322940832
>Shit hit detection
>Grenades everywhere all the fucking time
>Chopper baserapes
Aiming down sights is worst than hip firing
>Stamina meter
>Nobody actually plays as a team these days

Yeah, nah. Take your fucing nostalgia goggles off faggot.
>>
>>322895092
Started off shit, but now its the best battlefield.

The new dragon valley map is amazing too
>>
File: 1449521497620.jpg (70KB, 900x758px) Image search: [Google]
1449521497620.jpg
70KB, 900x758px
>>322895857
>OP Clearly says BF4 is the best
>"you must be one of those reddit tear plebs who's favourite baddyfield was bad company 2"

How does it feel to be mentally retarded?
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.