[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which class is the best and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13

File: tf2_1_lg.jpg (280KB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
tf2_1_lg.jpg
280KB, 850x480px
Which class is the best and why?
>>
>>322878405
ur mom
cus she got a fat ass
>>
>>322878405
Tossup between Medic and Sniper. Medic's Uber is pretty much the best thing in the game and the bullshit unlocks ubersaw and crusader's crossbow make it even better; Sniper can kill anything in the game in one click at any range.

Of course, that's taking out the variable of player skill.

From best classes to worst classes:

>Sniper=Medic
>Scout
>Soldier=Demo
>Engineer=Heavy
>Pyro=Spy
>>
Medic.

I play better as him than the other classes.
>>
File: le look in le eye.jpg (304KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
le look in le eye.jpg
304KB, 1536x2048px
>>322879505
No you retard, Soldier is the best class. Medic does no damage. You fucking moron.

>mwf newfags
>>
Spy if your not shit.
>>
>>322880063
tHIS. sPY AND sOLDIER ARE THE BEST CLASSES IN THE GAME
>>
>>322878405
How long until this game dies off?
>>
>>322880119
capds
>>
>>322880171
Never. Why would Valve stop something that's making them money? Dont be retarded, fuckwit.
>>
Soldier
> easy to play, hard to master
> rocket jump
> a rocket launcher AND a shotgun
> always useful
> "this is my world you are not welcome in my world"
>>
>>322880171
It died ages ago
>>
>>322880316
>gets shat on by Scouts at high level play
>>
Soldier and Demoman
>>
File: 1448767666483.jpg (46KB, 598x413px) Image search: [Google]
1448767666483.jpg
46KB, 598x413px
In one v one
Demoman > Soldier > Scout > Heavy > Pyro > Spy > Medic > Sniper > Engineer
If you're in a team
Medic > Soldier > Pyro > Scout > Engineer > Heavy > Demoman > Sniper > Scout
Overall however is Pyro if you are a fucking champ
>>
>God tier
Scout
Soldier
Demoman

>okay tier
Heavy
Medic
Sniper
Pyro
Engineer
Heavy

>Worst class in the game
Spy
>>
>>322878405
Let's talk about TF2. How can we fix it?
>>
>322880496
Dammit I last one is supposed to be Spy
>>
>>322878405
I'll actually miss this game when it dies off for good. I remember when I tried to get back into Tribes and there was only 1 guy online. Then a few years later that Ascend crap came out.

Say what you want about TF2, but there were a few years of really great gameplay and memories. Too bad it went the way it did. It's a bit like the Simpsons of video games.
>>
>>322878405
Soldier in pubs, scout in comp.
>>
File: tf2 counter tilis.png (280KB, 1005x669px) Image search: [Google]
tf2 counter tilis.png
280KB, 1005x669px
>>322880567
you rang?

also the third degree rework is

>minicrits targets connected by heal beams

>hitting a bleeding ally cauterizes them, returning you 20 HP

>wearer takes melee crits
>>
>>322880427
Yeah but in overall usefulness, from Valve servers to pro scene, Solider is the most useful class on average.

This followed by Medic, Scout, and Sniper. Then the rest of them with Pyro at the bottom
>>
>>322878405
Demoknight.
>>
>>322880407
>implying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rXgIO_5Jks
>>
>>322880693
>Then the rest of them with Pyro at the bottom

Pyro is more useful than Spy, if i was going to be forced to pick a team of eight I would pick Pyro ahead of Spy

Spy is literally a slower-acting, riskier Sniper. The only thing which Sniper can't do more quickly and safely than Spy is disabling sentries, surveillance and back-capping, and backcaps rarely work against good teams

Spy's supposed niche is countering Snipers, but Razorback shits on that.

At least Pyro is good for stalling ubercharges easily, or keeping spam off a sentry. Spy is literally Worse Sniper: The Class
>>
Demoman is obscenely broken.
>>
>>322878405
Scout because he's the funnest.
>>
>>322880687
>buff demo
Shit list.
>>
>>322880896
You just posted one of the single best players and Soldiers in TF2, everyone in that server is basically worse than him

the particular reason it's impressive and worth making a video about is that Scout is a better class than Soldier, and getting those shots is extremely hard to do
>>
File: 102 damage.png (49KB, 250x159px) Image search: [Google]
102 damage.png
49KB, 250x159px
>>322880995
>razorback shits on that
hon hon hon hon
Though a lot of things can counter a sniper, as long as he's getting hit he can't hit shots nearly as easily.
>>322881192
>You just posted one of the single best players
>>322880407
>at high level play
What is the problem here?
>>
File: Grenades v Stickybombs.png (48KB, 405x164px) Image search: [Google]
Grenades v Stickybombs.png
48KB, 405x164px
>>322881174
It's not a buff.

Increasing the size and hitbox is so people can see traps more easily, and defuse them with hitscan.

I'm not saying we should expand the explosion range.
>>
>>322878405
It used to be scout with the baby Face's blaster for me. You go so fast barely anyone can keep track of you. They nerfed the BFB a little while ago so now it's just the standard scattergun, which has always been the best for actual fighting I just liked the speed.
>>
>>322881550
BFB was broken as fuck. The reason it was so hard to hit a scout was because the scout's hitbox trailed a good way behind him and moved oddly because of how the Source engine tracks movement.
>>
>>322881297
>What is the problem here?

Because you're cherrypicking one instance of the, basically, best player in the game pulling off airshots on players who are worse than him.

And, like I said, even he was surprised by it. B4nny has upwards of 10000 hours in TF2 and little surprises him anymore. If he does something and it makes him excited, you know it's a rare occurrence.

I used to think the same as you, but Scout is really a better class than Soldier one-on-one. Go watch some more MGE and 6v6 if you don't believe me.

>Ambassador

In pubs it makes the Razorback obsolete, but in HL a Sniper just stands near the combo or near a Sentry, and then trying to headshot the Sniper using your Ambassador is out of the question, because the Sentry or team will kill you before you get to take a second shot.

The only real threats to a Sniper in a good position are Spies, other Snipers, rockets, crossbow bolts, chip hitscan damage, and flares. First one is basically countered by Razorback in a good team. Second one is countered by Darwin's Danger Shield. The last three are all countered by Cozy Camper.

My point remains, though, Spy is a worse Sniper except in a few very situational areas. Pyro is a class more worth picking than Spy if I had to choose between the two.
>>
>>322881906
edit: last four*
>>
File: froyo.png (268KB, 666x744px) Image search: [Google]
froyo.png
268KB, 666x744px
>>322881906
>upwards of 10000
Also I swear I just read this same argument in the UGC forums for trying to ban razorback in highlander. Where is all this suddenly coming from?
>>
>>322882493
>Also I swear I just read this same argument in the UGC forums for trying to ban razorback in highlander. Where is all this suddenly coming from?

From HL games being slowed down a lot by a class with a one-shot kill ability, at any range, shutting down large swathes of the map by himself from immense safety because he has an item that directly counters his counter.

I think that if Razorback had to be manually activated, for say fifteen second periods, it would be fair and balanced.
>>
>>322882765
Yeah, but why now all of a sudden?
Are the top snipers actually just too consistent now?
>>
>>322880027
>My epic games on TDM hightower determine who's the best class
Fuck off pubshitter

Sniper and medic determine platinum level highlander games now.

In 6s, the scouts are the ones who matter.

Soldiers only dominate in pubs.
>>
>>322883302
I guess it just took people that long to figure out the right way to play Sniper in HL. It is odd that it took about 6 years, though.

Maybe it's because, since the Demo nerf, Snipers have filled the power vaccuum a bit more?
>>
>>322880496
But that's wrong. Scout is literally the best DM class in the game.
>>
File: 1451634804703.jpg (368KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1451634804703.jpg
368KB, 3000x3000px
>>322880496
>demoman on top of 1v1
>demoman that low on a team
>>
>>322883302
>Are the top snipers actually just too consistent now?
Short answer:
Yes.

Long answer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSLHnxbgkvA

Medium answer:
Platinum level teams have now gotten so advanced that their snipers almost never miss. The new meta for medics is now pocketing the sniper, because of how the very best snipers will just shut down entire teams.

This only occurs in plat, however. Anything below that, and the demoman pocket is used. This was inevitable, since sniper's theoretical skill/utility ceiling is aimbot level
>>
>>322883937
>The new meta for medics is now pocketing the sniper, because of how the very best snipers will just shut down entire teams.

shit like that is why TFC sniper had to charge FULLY before being able to headshot

Valve balanced TF2 for casuals tbqh and that's why comp has so many problems
>>
>>322878405
medic.
>>
>>322883937
Platinum level teams have now gotten so advanced that their snipers almost never miss. The new meta for medics is now pocketing the sniper, because of how the very best snipers will just shut down entire teams.
no.
>>
File: pyro.png (113KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
pyro.png
113KB, 250x250px
>>322880687
>Phlog
I always thought it would be better overall and cause less asspain if the MMMPH damage was toned down but gave more survivability to compensate. Like the crits were reduced to mini-crits but gave a fuckton of resistances and/or healing with it. And maybe a little more bonus to the actual weapon, like increased range.
>Axes
That 3rd Degree rework is neat but I think the "cauterize on hit" thing might be more suited for the SVF, and unless you meant "wearer takes mini-crits" that penalty seems too severe.
Combining the 3rd Degree and SVF isn't a bad idea either (Ignite on-hit/hits through medi-beams/small damage penalty).
Separate from that, it would also be interesting to give it a "hit yourself" penalty if you're the one being healed. Would open up some impractical but fun mechanics like the Boston Basher.
The biggest problem with the Powerjack is the movement bonus. The way I see it to rework it you either have to make it a good melee weapon while removing the movement or keep the movement but make it more utility focused.
Melee path, something like +25HP on-hit and can overheal up to 225, remove the increased damage taken penalty and add no random crits and maybe another minor penalty.
Utility path, promote the Pyro/Engie synergy. Keep the movement bonus but upgrade the damage taken penalty to marked for death. Let it remove Sappers in two hits (take it off the Neon Annihilator) and remove the health on-kill, maybe change it to +50HP on Sapper removed.
>>
>>322884424
>comp has so many problems
Such as?
>>
>>322884554
>if the MMMPH damage was toned down but gave more survivability to compensate. Like the crits were reduced to mini-crits but gave a fuckton of resistances and/or healing with it

Ehhiunno, that's what old Backburner was like, and nobody really liked playing as or against Pyros running around with 225 HP who couldn't airblast. But it could work with resistances maybe. I think Phlog is pretty okay actually, my two main issues with it are that it builds MMMPH so fast [220 damage for a full meter, compared to 600 for the Buff Banner], and that the user can be Ubercharged during the crit spree.

If you were going to reduce the crits to minicrits you'd have to give it a big buff elsewhere, because that's going from 300% damage to 135% damage.

>That 3rd Degree rework is neat but I think the "cauterize on hit" thing might be more suited for the SVF, and unless you meant "wearer takes mini-crits" that penalty seems too severe

I thought it would be fair, because upon hitting a Medic/Demo combo it lets you kill both of them in two hits; so I thought if they detected you, it would leave you in a situation where all three players die in one melee hit.

For the SVF/Powerjack, my current plan is:

>powerjack- 25% damage vuln while wielded; 75HP returned on kill

>SVF grants +15% movespeed while wielded, ignites enemies on hit, 3hp/s drain on user

I'm not too sure about those two, which is why I never list them. But Powerjack and SVF definitely need some kind of rework.
>>
>>322885152
Before the demo nerf, demo was THE class and could even shit on his counter [spy]

medic is so good he has to be class limited to 1; pyro, heavy, engineer and spy are all pretty trash and rarely used except in certain map situations like 5cp last point

a good 60% of the items in the game are banned in competitive because they're balanced as fuck-around pub weapons, not "serious" competitive weapons [see Sandman, Vita-Saw]

the aforementioned Sniper problem

most of the maps in the game are not suitable at all for competitive and have to be altered enormously, like the mascot TF2 map 2fort which is basically just a series of small rooms connected by long hallways with low ceilings
>>
>>322886570
>spy

fuck, meant to write "scout"
>>
>>322886570
>Before the demo nerf, demo was THE class and could even shit on his counter
every class can shit on it's counter when the skill difference is that high, which is 90% the case if a demo shits on a scout more than once
>medic is so good he has to be class limited to 1
only two class in one comp mode have a limit >1.
>pyro, heavy, engineer and spy are all pretty trash and rarely used except in certain map situations like 5cp last point
in 6s yes, that's what's hl for.

>a good 60% of the items in the game are banned in competitive because they're balanced as fuck-around pub weapons, not "serious" competitive weapons [see Sandman, Vita-Saw]
>most of the maps in the game are not suitable at all for competitive and have to be altered enormously, like the mascot TF2 map 2fort which is basically just a series of small rooms connected by long hallways with low ceilings
whats the problem?

>the aforementioned Sniper problem
doesn't exist
>>
>>322887417
>heavy
>pretty trash

Confirmed Iron shitter.
>>
>>322887965
>in 6s yes, that's what's hl for.
>>
File: 1334329164853.jpg (18KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
1334329164853.jpg
18KB, 366x380px
>>322883572
>highlander
>>
>>322887417
>doesn't exist
Maybe not at lower level, but it's enough of a worry for the top teams to unanimously complain about the razorback and machina.
>>
>>322888164
show me those complains by top team
>>
>>322887417
>whats the problem?
Not that guy but I think its fair to say a competitive game ought to have the majority of its content reasonably balanced for competitive play
>>
>>322878405
Pyro becuase phlog w+m1
>>
>>322888241
>the majority
just wrong
>>
I used to play competitive soldier.

But c'mon, Medic is obviously the best character.
>>
>>322888237
See the previous video and look at the poll results for both in the spreadsheet.
>>
>>322889238
>ugc
>>
Soldier because he is the most versatile and second most mobile thanks to rocket jumps (unless you can sticky jump with demo well)

also hit hard tank hard classes tend to be boss for obvious reasons
>>
>>322889592
>Moving goalposts
>>
File: 4L_sgczhOYK.gif (805KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
4L_sgczhOYK.gif
805KB, 300x169px
>>322880496
>scout > heavy
maybe if he's positioned himself right next to a corner like a retard so scout can peek, otherwise heavy should always win

unless we're counting the bs sandman-to-guillotine combo
>>
File: W+M1.png (73KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
W+M1.png
73KB, 512x512px
Do you love me /v/?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.