[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Last Guardian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: TLG_E315_06_1434429409.jpg (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TLG_E315_06_1434429409.jpg
422KB, 1920x1080px
This seems something to be really original. What are your thoughts on it /v?
>>
>>322875431
Have you not played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus? If anything it shares a similarity to Ico because the boy is yelling nonsense to guude and communicate.
>>
Will buy. That's all.

I dislike that its getting hate on the grounds that it's a game that relies on "heavy storytelling".
That's blatantly false, as Ico and SotC weren't heavy on "storytelling".

Saying that it relies on giant partner AI as a bad thing is also a full of shit excuse to me.

Because both Ico and SotC already displayed the technology and they worked very well. There was a significant AI improvement in SotC over Ico too. So no doubt this game will showcase some great AI along with a great platforming adventure.
>>
Remember when this was supposed to be a launch title for the PS3?
>>
>>322875901
Not launch, but a mid-life title. Even then I was skeptical on how they would make such a graphically impressive and AI heavy game work on split 256mb of RAM on the PS3.

The hype for me kind of dissipated because its no longer in development for a more limited platform (where it was stuck in development hell) and now its going to run on a platform with 8x the power of the PS3, and I'm thinking its not built up for the PS4.

We'll see how it fares.
>>
>>322875431
I almost don't want to see any footage until release. It will be hard to avoid spoilers but I know something tragic will definitely happen.
>>
>>322875431
>This seems something to be really original.
It is a generic puzzle platformer.
>>
File: 1407275060899.jpg (231KB, 700x607px) Image search: [Google]
1407275060899.jpg
231KB, 700x607px
>>322875431
>just like all the other games they did
>wow its so original
>>
File: 558263988_NkyXZ-1050x10000.jpg (174KB, 1050x526px) Image search: [Google]
558263988_NkyXZ-1050x10000.jpg
174KB, 1050x526px
>the comic is six and a half years old
>>
>>322877116
This. There are many puzzle platformers, where you have to control 2 characters. I remember playing Majin and the forsaken kingdom. It was fun, but definitely not something original.
>>
Just remember: Baby Bird-monster is probably a baby colossus
>>
File: 1440501089811.jpg (65KB, 861x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440501089811.jpg
65KB, 861x720px
With all the fanboy hype aside,it looks like shit DESU
>>
Might be alright when it comes out for the PS7.
>>
>>322879204
This. Team Ico babbies and normies just can't get over it. But you're free to live out your delusions, we all have our owns.
>>
honestly, even Rime looks way better than TLG
>>
>Just Let Me My Baby Bird Hand Hold Me Through Another Scripted Event That's Supposed To be ''''''''''''''Impressive''''''''''''' and The Walk of Generic Platforming: The Game

so original guys

reminds me of my childhood memories with SoTC :^)

I'm totally not eating up any shit :^)

and upboat to you good sirs :^)
>>
>>322875431
If they actually shot new footage post-E3 I'll allow myself to get hyped. I remember watching this all the way back in '09 and I'm still fucking waiting.
>>
I enjoyed ICO and SotC, but TLG doesn't even look like it is made by the same people. The e3 gameplay video looked like Naughty Dog garbage. I firmly believe TLG was cancelled till one day Sony decided "well shit, we got no exclusives, let's just push this out and the hype will sell consoles"
>>
>>322880028
This basically. And people will eat it up and defend it anyway.
>>
>ico
>walking sim
>shitty controls
>companion is retarded

>shadow of the colossus
>sub-15 fps
>barren open-world
>shitty controls
>camera impossible to control
>>
>>322878746
That wouldn't even make sense story-wise.
>>
>>322880196
at least the visuals were nice
>>
>>322880431
And they nailed the vibe

And some of the boss battles were nice

tho I can see why you may think they're bad
>>
Cautiously optimistic. Still haven't given us an exact release date for any region so I'm not getting the least bit excited considering they pulled people of this project to work on fucking Knack of all things (Only that and the Megaman Legends cancellation have ever made me upset concerning videogames). Given that it may be delayed once more.

It's been in development for nearly 8 years, and while the team has delivered in the past I'm not so sure about this one. That's coming from a fanboy- Ico and SOTC are some of my favorite games but this seems like it may have had problems from the get go, and I can easily imagine some higher ups wanting to include some old bullshit like the person below mentioned points out.

>>322880028
I thought it wasn't made by the same folks, but it is. Apparently the team established their own studio separate from Sony, hence the confusion but they are still on the same game.

That being said the "last" in the game seems to refer to the Griffin, considering he's found in a temple one assumption about the story is that they are hunting them down for superstition reasons.
>>
>>322880196
I like to think the rest of this thread is you same fagging to try to get a response
>>
File: 1435378680021.gif (381KB, 286x282px) Image search: [Google]
1435378680021.gif
381KB, 286x282px
Bought a PS4 and have no interest in TLG and dont see the appeal, i think SotC is overrated. No opinion on ico as I never played it.
>>
>>322880861
Ico is worse than SoTC
>>
>>322880328
>A giant monster thing
>A giant monster thing that is guarding something
>All of the other things, which are presumably also giant monsters, have been killed/destroyed/wiped out

No sense at all :^)
>>
Some of the stuff looked really clunky and the graphics look like they can't decide if they want to stay on PS3.
>>
It's not coming out
>>
Even if it does come out, rampant console warfare is going to prevent any meaningful discussion here

Sony shitters are going to hold it up as 12/10 second coming of Christ and scream "NEVER EVER" at the top of their lungs
And the Anti-Sony kneejerk reactionary shitters are going to do nothing but call it a 0/10 piece of unplayable trash

It's just going to be a roundtable of shitters flinging shit at each other, and each side entrenching themselves in their position harder and harder with every thread. Nobody's going to give a fuck about Last Guardian as a game, it's just another weapon in the platform wars.
>>
>>322881776
This.
>>
>>322881776
Well, just look at this thread. 12 year old shitters who can't afford to buy a PS4 because their mom is a just a cleaning lady and their father is an unemployed drunk are shitposting.
>>
>>322881136
I said story-wise moron. If you had actually played and beat Shadow of the Colossus, you'd know your idea makes no sense in the context of the story.
>>
>>322882735
I did

I've played and beaten both of them

My point still stands, stupid
>>
>>322881776
Pretty much this

It's already happening, too, with the game only having literally one gameplay video

As much as it saddens me to say it, but maybe there will be a general on /vg/ that might actually have some discussion that will last for a few weeks, but that's about it
>>
>>322882735
Not him but I guess I can kind of seem them being baby/proto colossi, since we have little information on Trico's species so I can think of a couple of ways that they could be linked.
>>
>>322882806
>>322883107
Then your would know that the colossi are beings created from Dormin's sealed power to prevent his power from returning to him. A being that isn't formed that way is not a colossus. Clearly Trico is not among these.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.