[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does it get better and more fun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

does it get better and more fun?
>>
After you fuck Chumbucket
>>
>>322869762
I don't think that's a thing that happens in the game.
>>
>>322870285
Only one way to find out.

Also early game I was like, "meh this is pretty okay but nothing special" as well. I don't know how far in you are but a couple hours in I was romping around wrecking shit in a chaotic ADHD wasteland open world extravaganza. Once the game shows you whats up and lets you run free you can just disregard all missions and endlessly fuck around upgrading your shit and wrecking fools.

Bro tip, down twice on the D pad for first person car combat is fucking awesome.
>>
>>322870550
I guess I'll continue playing it then. No refunds here!

any other tips and tricks to share?
>>
>>322871149
Not the same anon, but the game basically goes like this

>beginning is boring
>midgame is fun
>endgame is boring

Atleast there's something to strive for: after you finish the game you get Max's original equipment and car
>>
>>322871259
Yeah I think I'm nearing the end of midgame territory. I can see it becoming boring once I run out of upgrades to strive for. They were smart to put in a ton of upgrades and collectibles though. I really do enjoy rampaging around fucking with convoys though. You can end up in some great random open world moments, such as
>be chased by wagon full of maniacs with spears trying to board me and skullfuck me
>car on last legs from fighting convoy
>gun it towards a high cliff, then cut it and j turn at the last second
>chasing rapist mobile is not as quick, stops at very edge of cliff, is actually fucking teetering action movie style
>my fucking face when I realize what must be done and punt those fuckers off a cliff to their fiery death
>>
>>322871149
Oh. Also. I don't know if you've killed all the goons and left a war crier alive to awkwardly try and convince you not to slay him yet, but you should because it is hilarious. Also random insane weather is one of the most metal and fun parts of the open world when it results in you desperately trying not to be ragdolled into space by twisters while dodging thunderbolts at 200 miles an hour while being chased by spike covered madmen in murder jeeps.
>>
>>322871821
>>322872120

Well, now that we have a proper discussion going I figured I may as well make a small review and list the things I did not like.

>lack of ugprades
There are actually very few upgrades, it's just that it takes a lot of grinding to get them.

>game is for casuals
The game isn't easy in itself: in fact I found myself dying more than I thought I would. The problem is that there is literally no penalty for death. You just respawn with a very small amount of money taken from you.

>repetitive
Self explanatory

>storms
They look and fell cool, but really they're way too exploitable: just sit in a storm and wait for crates to appear on the minimap. 300 Scrap for each crate, it's crazy.

>all the fun moments are too short
Just as soon as I start having fun in a brawl, everyone dies.
If I find a convoy, it takes me literally 10 seconds to catch up to the boss and kill him, so I stall and go after the minions.

It's when the player "has to make his own fun" that games become REALLY boring.
>>
>>322872271
Yeah I agree. It's too easy and forgiving. They didn't really need to send you a billion dollars by air mail as a reward for getting stuck in a storm and I've yet to end up in brawl I didn't think I could win. The player can at least choose to use less armor and jazz, but the game definitely doesn't make it hard for you. Fury mode is fun and but I wish it didn't regen your health because I haven't even touched my canteen or needed food in forever. I really liked the survival element early on. Additional difficulty levels where resources are extremely scarce would have been cool.
>>
>>322872641
>They didn't really need to send you a billion dollars by air mail as a reward for getting stuck in a storm
Kek, noice.

Also to add insult to injury: the perk system. As if the game wasn't easy already.
>>
>>322872732
Oh yeah, level up to remove all difficulty.

That's basically the issue. It never really gets more challenging than when you're thrown out of hunchbro's house. Goons have better cars up in gastown but you can just trick them into abandoning their chromey rides and beat them to death with your super OP fisticuffs.
>>
>>322872732
But you know, I've definitely gotten twenty bucks worth of fun out of it. No regrets. I gotta say as well, I was really impressed with the open world itself, it was really pleasant to look at and felt like there was a lot going on. Nice draw distance, etc. Pretty game. That's a lot more than I can say for other unnamed open world games I played last year.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.