[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone point me out a world where the NX is a success? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: thedream.png (108KB, 182x197px) Image search: [Google]
thedream.png
108KB, 182x197px
can someone point me out a world where the NX is a success? I honestly see it crashing and burning similar to the Wii U

-PS4/X1 install base will easily be 60+ million by the end of 2016, even more if Nintendo waits longer
-both these consoles already have third party support and a backlog of exclusives
-if nintendo chases after their power to get third parties again they will have to launch at a similar price and why would a consumer buy a console that has a handful of games vs one that might have hundreds if they are roughly the same price?
-if they go the cheap/gimmick route then third parties are guaranteed not to touch it with a ten foot pole
-they might have some success here, but who knows if the casuals will go for it again now that they might get that itch from phone/facebook games
-they will face the same problem as the wii u here though, only nintendo diehards will buy it

well /v/, can anyone envision a reality where the NX is a success?

pic unrelated
>>
The only way I see is if it's truly the handheld/console hybrid that keeps getting rumored.

But I see Nintendo wanting to keep their handhelds and consoles split to keep revenue coming from both ends.

When Nintendo finds success they really find success but I don't know if they can pull off another Wii/DS situation. They were able to pull that off in a market that didn't have such a splintered competition with Mobile devices, android boxes, heavy gaming PC market alongside a weaker front with Sony's PS3 not to mention they had something truly unique with the capabilities of the Wii and 3DS for the time.

I really think they're going to try to go the accessory route and they envision a future where people wear Nintendo handheld watches or some goofy shit.
>>
>>322863192
I meant DS, not 3DS btw.
>>
It's code named The Nintendo NX because when people play it, they'll get bored straight away and say 'N'e'X't!
>>
>>322861859
>can someone point me out a world where the NX is a success?
there isn't one
the only hope for Nintendo is to introduce a new gimmick that will get a new audience on board otherwise the system will continue the downward trend of sales that started with SNES > N64 > GC > Wii U. They will never again compete with Sony because they simply can't, if the gimmick sucks then the console will fail and its the most likely outcome.
>>
>>322863192
i feel like the handheld console combo would fall under the cheap/gimmick side, again cant see third parties supporting it and itd be weird in a post smartphone and tablet world
>>
>>322861859
If its not complete shit I'll buy it. I just want to play Nintendo games.
>>
I haven't been following the NX news.
What exactly do we know about it thus far?
>>
>>322864286
Nothing but shitposting

Some "analyst" says its gonna b out this year with no proof
>>
>Sold separately in 5 pieces
>Each piece shipped at differing quantities, but all fewer than the demand
>Re-release of all prior amiibos
>Controllers have Nintendo character bobble heads and look like toys
>Comes with a free Mercedes hood ornament attached on the top
>>
>>322861859
The NX will be Nintendo's Dreamcast

Screencap this post
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.