[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pachter Factor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 17

Pachter's saying Apple and Amazon will take over the console market within 10 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s51s1NIQeY

Thoughts?
>>
Why do people keep giving this faggot attention?
>>
File: Pachter 3.jpg (228KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Pachter 3.jpg
228KB, 1440x810px
Pach is always right.
>>
>>322858438
Because he's smart and a breath of fresh are from the idiots you get on /v/ such as yourself.
>>
Oh shit I better sell my stock.
>>
>>322858363
He's actually got a good point.
>>
>>322858798
Name one time
>>
>>322858363
I'm buying stock in apple asap. I think sales for the new iphone this year will break records too.
>>
>>322858798
>>322858898
>>322859586
Yeah, I fucking thought so.
>>
started watching the vid, he starts shilling for whatever the fuck sifted service or whatever, and he keeps going on and on about the subscription thing to the point where I closed the video.

then again i was just going to hear more bs anyway
>>
>>322858798
Pach is drunk in a lot of his vids
>>
>>322859586
He called the WiiU a bomb the moment it was announced, all the while delusional fantards like yourself were claiming it would be a game changer.

If you weren't stupid, you'd realize his show isn't solely about predictions, it's about getting an interesting perspective of the interesting; one that's alien to all the garbage you hear on /v/ from inexperienced morons like yourself.
>>
>>322860942
Pachter is like anti-/v/. He messes with game stocks and he plays Candy Crush and Angry Birds. He has no fanboy allegiance.
>>
>>322860942
>all the while delusional fantards like yourself were claiming it would be a game changer.

What the fuck are you talking about? No-one except the diehard Nintendo fanboys thought the WiiU was going to be anything groundbreaking.

Shit, at the time of release the large majority of /v/ that was commenting on the WiiU was complaining how their Wii was gathering dust so were uninterested in the WiiU gimmick.

But, you probably weren't even around then. Since it's clear you are talking out of your ass.
>>
>>322858363
When Pachter has been right?
>>322858798
Pachty pls
>>
>>322862483
Read the thread.

Believe it or not, he's definitely smarter than you.
>>
>>322858363
>Pachter is wrong 95% of the time
>He is still gainfully employed.
Someone explain this to me.
>>
The only thing you can take away from Pachter is that all of the investors in the industry likely think the same way he does. None of them really play or understand games, they just look at raw numbers and say whoever has the most numbers is the future and everyone should follow in their footsteps, all the while ignoring context.
>>
>>322863553
>95%
Hyperbole; already a sign of underage and stupidity.

He isn't even employed to make predictions about what companies do, he's hired to explain what makes the most sense.

>>322863581
>all the while ignoring context
Thank you for confirming you don't watch him. That, or you're delusional and refuse to accept other peoples opinions.
>>
>>322860942
>all the while delusional fantards like yourself were claiming it would be a game changer.
The only delusional tards where Nintendo thinking that a tablet was something of equal or greater interest than the idea of spacial interaction with games. With the Wii, it was marketed as if you where interacting with games on a deeper level. With the WiiU, you had a tablet. Something everyone already had or experienced. Hell, even on the DS. How was that supposed to change anything?
I was left scratching my head, and I was a huge Nintendo fan at the time.
>>
>>322858438
Because he is always wrong.
So consistently, its amazing. Like a reverse Nostradamus.
>>
>>322863581
This is the major reason why I think Sony games suck. Shuhei Yoshida is a suit. He studied business. He played games as a hobby. He never made games nor understood design past marketing terms that analyst and the media love to use. They really need better leadership over there. Someone who has worked in a studio capacity and has directed a 100+ team and shipped good games.
>>
>>322863971
>he's hired to explain what makes the most sense.
Okay, so what's with the weird and nonsensical predictions so often?
>>
He's an industry analyst. His job is to tell other people where to put their money.

He's wrong a lot of the time. But he must be correct a lot of the time too. Or else how would he still be employed?

Also I'm surprised his show still exists after GT
>>
>>322864149
The show is for an internet audience and needs to be simplified as such. What he says doesn't always come true, but he explains why it makes sense and why it should/could happen.

>>322864540
Had a year's hiatus and recently got brought back by Shane's new subscription based site.
>>
>>322864787
>What he says doesn't always come true, but he explains why it makes sense and why it should/could happen.
But it doesn't make sense. His explanation ignores so many factors and makes wild predictions into the future based on the tiniest trends. These predictions so rarely come true I'm shocked people bother.
>>
>>322860942
You do realize you just praised pachter for literally talking shit right?

You just said that if you weren't stupid you'd realize his whole shtick is talking absolute shit for the sake of views
>>
His employment is a mystery

>ps3/360/wii is the last gen of consoles
>GTA5 will release in 2010... no 2011, Erm... maybe 2012?
>Vita will kill the 3ds

When pachter is right
>GTA4 will sell tonnes

I think /v/ is more on the money with predictions than this guy
>>
>>322866305
>all this falseflagging
He never said Vita would kill the 3DS, he never said Wii/ps3/360 was the last generation and the only reason he predicted the GTA release dates was because it made sense, and still maintains it would've.

Sorry you're too stupid to comprehend him properly.
>>
>>322860942
I totally remember him doing that.

http://www.nowgamer.com/wii-u-sold-out-until-march-3-million-sales-by-christmas-pachter/
>>
>>322858363
Patcher also said the PSP would destroy the iPod, so...
>>
>>322864540
>He's wrong a lot of the time. But he must be correct a lot of the time too. Or else how would he still be employed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pump_and_dump
>>
>>322863989
>Because he is always wrong.
>So consistently, its amazing. Like a reverse Nostradamus.
Of course he's always "wrong," he's an analyst that isn't being paid enough to give real analysis. He still has a job as an analyst, so he's not stupid.

Pay an analyst nothing and they'll spout random bullshit. Pay an analyst a bit of money and they'll tell you what you want to hear. Pay an analyst real money and they'll tell you the real information.
>>
File: 1351331613395.jpg (33KB, 525x294px) Image search: [Google]
1351331613395.jpg
33KB, 525x294px
Holy fuck is Pachter in this thread?
>>
>>
File: IDG_chart.png (34KB, 350x239px) Image search: [Google]
IDG_chart.png
34KB, 350x239px
>>
File: ps3destroy.jpg (191KB, 468x858px) Image search: [Google]
ps3destroy.jpg
191KB, 468x858px
>>
File: aprilfools.jpg (207KB, 1017x854px) Image search: [Google]
aprilfools.jpg
207KB, 1017x854px
>>
File: You_re_a_rascal.gif (326KB, 367x225px) Image search: [Google]
You_re_a_rascal.gif
326KB, 367x225px
>>322863249
No, he's an old suit who is as out of touch as most other old suits. He's lucky he has a fucking chill as job where investors come up and say "do the kids like the call of duty"
All he has to say is "yes the kids like the call of duty" and he makes bills. Even so though he's fucking wrong a lot of the time either because he wants to manipulate the market(he's admitted to it in the past) or he's legit just uneducated because he's a suit.

He makes he old man uneducated predictions, goes home, doesn't play vidya, read anything vidya related or keep up with any sort of actual gaming trends.

It took him like 9 call of duties before he would later summon his inner nostradomus and say "yeah call of duty will sell well, but not as well as it used to" and dumb business niggers who could have just googled "call of duty sales charts" are fucking whooping with excitement at this genius prediction. Pachter is a dumb cuck whos only talent is being a fucking confident asshole, who can at least sell his false predictions to an even more disconnected retarded audience.
>>
>>322870287
>i'm not going to watch the video and intelligently address his points, i'm not smart enough for that
>instead i'll just say he's an old uneducated man out of touch with reality and get some insults in!!!
>i'll also throw in a tumblr tier image for good measure, that'll show them!
Thank you for proving your stupidity.
>>
File: 1383432954928.jpg (237KB, 1500x1329px) Image search: [Google]
1383432954928.jpg
237KB, 1500x1329px
Isn't this the same guy that:

>said a decade ago that apple will take over the console market within said decade
>the wii would be nintendo's last console
>the ps3 is stronger than any gaming pc
>said me3 ended fine and EA handled it well
>borderlands wouldn't sell
>vita would beat the 3ds
>says the xbone would be the best of the generation thanks to tv and skype
>ps4 will render games at 240 fps
>GTAV will come out in 2010
>RDR would flop
I'm sure there's more.

Pachter just says whatever to get a reaction out of people.
>>
File: 1340342881027.jpg (27KB, 410x351px) Image search: [Google]
1340342881027.jpg
27KB, 410x351px
>>322870785
How about I don't watch the video. You cap this response and post it when Amazon and apple dominate the console market.

They won't.
Amazons kindle tablets are fucking garbage and kids won't want to split from those to go back to the "old man style" of playing angry birds.

Apple won't because it's fucking apple and again, they won't seriously deviate into the console market, instead they'll go half in like they do everything else (see apple tv) and itl sell decently at best, but by no means will it DOMINATE THE MARKET.

As far as some kind of subscription service goes, that too will flop, which is why free games with in app purchases are all the fucking rage. Because getting normies to part with a dollar upfront on phone games is damn near impossible, you have to coerce them via gems and sped up build times and shit.

I didn't even go to college...but quote me faggot.
>>
Computers used to be the size of rooms, and you would remotely interact with them.
Then microprocessors made it so that you could have a computer in your own house.
I think it's going to switch back with something like this. I could easily see everyone having the necessary 50Mbps speed by then.

Parents will buy their kids it because it's cheaper.
Video game companies will like it because it will kill piracy. It should also be easier to optimize for.
>>
>>322871191
Won't need to, you're clearly inexperienced, uneducated and most likely underage. I'd rather keep the 500 bytes of hard drive space than save your worthless quotes.
>>
>>322871798
>Pssh nothin personnel kid
Okay. Sorry you're so bad at your job pach.
>>
oh my god lol wow, so i actually watched this until the end and

>"take-two should totally buy ubisoft. the big sellers that get good scores could be combined with ubisoft's release schedule. youve got assassins creed, youve got just dance, youve got sports games, youve got wwe, youve got grand theft auto, its a match made in heaven"

this guy talks like a fucking extra credits reject. just read that shit, holy cow.
>>
>>322871672
It's only a good idea if you know fuck all about why it's impossible.
It's never worked ever, not in practice and not in real theory.
Not only will we never ever see those types of speeds in most of the world. But it is physically impossible for it to work.

It's a stupid jack off fantasy for retarded suits. Nothing more.

People don't WANT to stream video games. They want a one and done full video game experience. Not a piece of one, and with the way the current console market is quickly contracting and turning away the young with it's horrible ill-concieved ideas and hostile practices.. I don't see that happening ever.
Fucks sake, it was an attempt to get the gaming populace used to the idea of streaming always online gaming, no used brick and mortar games, and microtransactions.
AND IT FAILED SO MISERABLY THAT THE ENTIRE FUCKING MARKET SHEDDED 50% OF IT'S POTENTIAL CUSTOMER BASE!

And mark my words, if nintendo's console fails to bring back the casuals and young and spurned gamers by doing the opposite of what the other two are doing and being that friendly face to gaming, then the console industry will be dead in less then 5 years.
>>
>>322858363
>within 10 year
wow what a prediction.
>>
>>322872113
>i am not smart enough to argue the points, so i'll just act like a retard
>>
>>322862042
>No-one except the diehard Nintendo fanboys thought the WiiU was going to be anything groundbreaking.

Why lie? Not only did you retards predict it was going to be a success, you also predicted there wasn't even going to be a PS4.
>>
>Pachter
Isn't the gold rule to always do the opposite of Pachter because he always managed to be wrong?

Also he's been saying for like 10 fucking years that Apple will make Nintendo obsolete in the next x years, it still hasn't really come true
>>
He also said X360 is far powerful than any pc in the market.
>>
>>322858363
Apple literally doesn't want to make games though
>>
>>322872806
>guys, they should put goku in smash bros
>thats retarded
>IM NOT EVEN GONNA ARGUE THE POINTS BECAUSE I'M SO LE STUPID
This is you right now.
>>
>>322872919
>>322872950
[citation needed]

>>322872979
Try actually watching the video this time.
>>
>>322873019
Except that's a really stupid analogy that only further suggests you're underage and/or really stupid.
>>
File: 1268078772001.jpg (76KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
1268078772001.jpg
76KB, 694x530px
>pachter
>>
>>322872979
This this this a million fucking times. It's blatantly obvious that neither apple nor Amazon have any sort of 5 year or 10 year plan to actually make a gaming console, at fucking best they want to make tivos you can play your phone shit on and also use their proprietary video streaming services, but neither of the two have ever expressed any fucking interest in making a gaming dedicated machine to plug into your tv.

Pachters claims are the equivalent of saying that Chevrolet is going to be dominating the BMX market in the next 10 years.
>>
I think he is almost right but he does not understand the gaming industry quite correctly. He has the dudebros and casuals pinned down but he is a far stretch from the Nintendo fans. Naturally, when the industry changes, companies will follow. Sony has already announced PS Now and I'm sure MS has something similar planned. Nintendo on the other hand is harder to figure out. I am sure the NX will partially be the answer.
>>
>patcher really is in this thread

keep it up, retard
>>
>>322873204
[citation needed]

This is why people watch him. He speaks calmly, sensibly while explains why he thinks it will happen, all the while spergs like yourself who think they know it all, type worthless rubbish and show aggression to anyone who thinks differently.
>>
>>322873019
hes either patcher or a shill. just ignore the moron
>>
He's always been a hack.

For real vidya business and getting both nerds and SJWs butthurt I go to based Malstrom.
>>
>>322873476
Citation needed for what? Are you autistic?
You need a citation from apple and Amazon saying they want to dominate the console market...the burden of proof is on you amigo.
>>
>>322859586
>he said 911 will happen by a forgine country A
>he said there will be war in the middle east
>he predicted hitlers rise to power
>he said obama will win two terms
>>
>>322873545
Keep reinforcing your stupidity. All these mindless accusations and obvious butthurt just make him look all the more credible.
>>
File: that face.jpg (144KB, 1648x536px) Image search: [Google]
that face.jpg
144KB, 1648x536px
this isnt about the individuals. its about the facial expression
>>
>>322858363
Apple isn't interested in the market.

Amazon may be, but would rather make F2P MMO.
>>
>>322873684
Watch the video, imbecile. He's saying he think they will because it makes sense, given how much power they have over the home entertainment market right now and that they'd probably want to expand.

The only citation you've given is "t-they haven't expressed any f-fucking interest!!!" like a true /v/ sperg.
>>
No they won't.
>>
>>322873476
>>322873943
Alright guy be honest, do you work for him? Or are you him?

If you are him then man tell me how I can get a job being a blowhard and making up bullshit because that seems cozy.
>>
>>322873835
>Apple isn't interested in the market.
Where's your evidence? Are you a major shareholder at Apple? Do you know what all their executives are thinking?

I'll bet 10 years ago you would've been saying there's no way they'd enter the home entertainment market, but then along came Apple TV. If they're prepared to enter that market, why not consoles? They're making a stack of money off App Store games, of course they'd want to expand that as much as possible.
>>
>>322874197
>underage's salt levels: still abnormally high
Don't worry, you'll grow up one day.
>>
File: Nintendoomed.png (650KB, 1272x1626px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendoomed.png
650KB, 1272x1626px
>>322858363
>Patcher
>>
>>322858363
>will take over the console market within 10 years
>consoles

Who cares?
>>
>>322874462
What does that picture even prove? Is the middle supposed to be him? Why is the username partially cut?

He's been saying on his shows for years now that the PSP is trash, the PSVita is bigger trash, and the Handheld market is dying thanks to the Phone market.
>>
>>322871672
The problem lies in other things.

Majority of routers in commercial use are 100MB/s so if somebody in your LAN would let's say, download something on his PC while you're playing, you are fucked.

Then there is the infrastructure problem.

You may say it's a non-issue because who cares about poorfags, countryside and anything that isn't US/Richer European countries, but the reality is that it is important.

Xboner is able to somewhat compete with PS4 in the US, while everywhere else it's a flop with like 10% of marketshare. Reason? They treat everybody but US/UK/Canada as 2nd class citizens and then there's a huge amount of countries that would pass as 3rd class.
Streaming services like that may be popular in San Francisco or London but everywhere else there will be need for beefy consoles/computers that can do the computing locally, and even then some people in big cities will buy them because fuck paying subscription fee.
>>322874217
>then along came Apple TV
And failed to gain wider appeal.

Apple isn't the juggernaut that can release something nobody else succeeded with and sell it in mass numbers anymore. Apart from iPhones/Pads, every single thing they release these days sells like Apple Watch - huge spike right after release, and then NOTHING, meaning that drones bought it and everybody else saw it as dumb(granted, smart watches are completely idiotic concept).
>>
>>322873204
why do people keep saying amazon isnt interesting in gaming? they created Amazon Games Studio a few years ago, and have purchased two gaming companies ( double helix, low key...but did make that silent hill homecoming thing ), and Killer Instinct is, well, now amazons, and anything released for it after the fact is from amazon. Also, they own twitch.tv now, which was/is one of the largest vidya streaming sites last time i check ( could be wrong ).

its not an outright statement for anything, but they bought a gaming stream site for almost a billion bucks, and dominating the mobile gaming market is still dominating a part of gaming market, as much as we like to shit on mobile.
>>
>>322874834
Are you retarded?
Look at the bottom article
>Vita will challenge 3DS marketshare
>Calls the Wii U's hardware "truly impressive"
>>
>>322874865
It is unlikely that they'll try to enter the console market unless company like Nintendo or SEGA will be willing to cooperate with them so they can get big names on board.

Amazon Games Studio makes some F2P MMO right now, which tells you all you need to know about what kind of market they want to take over.
>>
>>322874961
Clearly you're stupid. All he said was that the Vita would further divide a diminishing market. The Vita might've failed, but it still probably hurt 3DS sales.

>Calls the Wii U's hardware "truly impressive"
Yes, and? There was extremely limited information. Finish the paragraph.
>>
daily remider:
pachter is always right
http://gamerant.com/nintendo-wii-u-dreamcast-michael-pachter-brian-138000/
>>
>>322875069
unlikely, yes. impossible, no. they did show up they were willing to drop a billion on gaming, is all im saying.
>>
File: 1450942869026.jpg (189KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1450942869026.jpg
189KB, 1462x1462px
>>322875069
>he thinks he knows everything about amazon's future plans and what all their executives are thinking
>he thinks they have no intention of expanding their market because their studio is making a free to play mmo
>>
File: wbLogos.jpg (77KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
wbLogos.jpg
77KB, 620x400px
I believe it.

The industry is changing for the worse just like animation in the '50s.

We're going to have a few decades of the hottest games being low budget novelties.
>>
>>322874854
That doesn't mean they won't try to expand.

Consoles have entered the age of diminishing returns, all the while Android devices are getting stronger and stronger. Once it gets to a point where the differences in power are close, it's perfectly feasible to suggest Apple will jump at the opportunity to expand within the console market, especially considering their products have far bigger mainstream appeal than the PS4, Xbone and WiiU.
>>
>>322875309
He said the Vita will "eat into" the 3DS's marketshare in a way that the PSP could not [against the DS].
The Vita is currently sitting somewhere between 4-6 million global sales (Sony stopped releasing comprehensive sales figures in 2013) and is all but officially dead in the water. The 3DS family has moved 55 million units as of last quarter.
The DS was arguably the best selling console of all time with 150 million units, but the PSP moved a very respectable 80 million units against it.
I wouldn't call going from a 35% marketshare to an 8% marketshare "eating into" anything.
>>
>>322864030
You really cut it down to slim pickings there. There is no one who has singularly managed that large of a studio for any amount of time where they have consistently released good games. Businesses like like Sony don't act nearly as top heavy as you assume, above and beyond anything else, it is a multinational conglomerate- they really can't rest that much responsibility on just one person.
>>
>>322875859
>He said the Vita will "eat into" the 3DS's marketshare
and it did, just not nearly as much as Sony would've wanted. Did he say it would eat up half Nintendo's market?

>I wouldn't call going from a 35% marketshare to an 8% marketshare "eating into" anything.
Oh, I see what you did now.
>>
>>322872884
>Strawmanning this hard
>>
>>322876072
He specifically contrasted it to the PSP. The statement was that Vita would do better against the 3DS than the PSP would against the DS. It very clearly did not.
>>
>>322876215
Where? Show me a quote where he says that.
>>
>>322858363
How does this guy have a job? He is literally wrong 99% of the time. How can you be that bad at your job and keep it?
>>
>Pachter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8R4BAQf7is
>>
>>322858798
Patcher is always right at being wrong, so technically he is always right.
>>
>>322858363

Pachter has literally never been right.
>>
>>322876705
Because this is not his day job. He's still talking retarded shit about videogames because he reached e-celeb status.
>>
>>322876837
Even if it's not his day job, who keeps giving this guy money to say things about video games when he is almost always wrong?
>>
>>322876890
Gametrailers, I think. As I said, he's a walking clickbait at this point, that's why.
>>
>>322874462
Pachter also said the PS3 was going to revolutionize the game market and was more powerful than any PC would ever dream to be.

Shit ended up being a paper weight for five years straight and almost bankrupt SCE lol.
>>
>>322877145
Well, they literally built a supercomputer by hooking up lots of PS3s.
>>
>>322877410
You can build a "supercomputer" by hooking up a lot of any shitty computers, the PS3 included.
>>
>>322858363
>subject field used
>explanation of external link
>external link that's not past-binned/not monetized
>Thoughts?
It''s a shill thread folks, don't reply, or at least sage.
>>
File: dumbest shit.png (301KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
dumbest shit.png
301KB, 400x600px
>>322858363
I can't say I'm knowledgeable on Amazon's business practices but I really can't see what Apple would stand to gain from entering the console market. If they're interested in gaming, they ought to be focusing on the mobile industry that they created and are losing to Google/Android.
The console market is stagnant. It may be ripe for creative destruction, but Apple would need one hell of a product to attract the traditional gaming market, and casual mobile gamers that Apple has the most influence with would need some serious convincing to drop a few hundred dollars on a non-handheld device that "only" does gaming.
The traditional gaming industry as a whole does not mesh with how Apple generally does business.
Their products are typically designed with a life cycle of 1-2 years, soon to be replaced by new and improved models. Gaming consoles are medium-term products expected to be supported for around five years, and if anything the continued support for Xbox360/PS3 titles shows the trend is becoming longer.
On top of that, they're Nintendo-tier when it comes to third parties. Nintendo is floundering but can survive without them on the basis of their core priceless nostalgia-fueled first party lineup. What the hell is a new competitor with no friends, no experience, and no credibility in this market going to do?

Cute anime girl to get your attention
>>
>>322873943
Amazon is a market place and apples significance stops at the phone and ipod.

They'll try like most others have tried and fail fucking miserably because the market is saturated with product for the last gen consoles and the current gen consoles are just starting to take off/starting to fail.

The only way they'll be able to break in is to throw more money at this then MS has and be willing to take a fucking for long years just to lose money for every console sold.

As for android and apple games. They're only good for their hardware. Not full gaming experiences. And most people will play those games on far far far far cheaper bargain basement or second hand mobile devices.
>>
>>322877925
Apple and amazon, especially amazon, don't want part in the console market until the console market becomes something different.

Both of them have a set-top box ready for when gamers "come to their senses" and want to stream app games. Right now the console market isnt worth an enormous push. If it was, microsoft wouldve already fucking made it.

Nobody analyzes this, but Microsoft is not all that invested in console gaming. The xbox one wasnt a massive push from the company, it was a pitch from the xbox division. If microsoft wanted to it couldve buried the playstation but that wouldve come at a loss and would take a lot of resources. people turn to amazon and apple because they see these power players not playing, when microsoft isnt even giving it their all. triple-a gaming is on shaky ground, and a lot of these guys would rather wait until they see either guaranteed money or unprecedented amounts of money.

as someone with knowledge of what kind of strategies amazon would have with gaming, and someone who knows enough about tech to realize apple is just as shit as people like to say they are, Im glad theyre not in with games. yet.....
>>
>>322875836
I don't think you get it.
For 300 dollars and a good connection to the net you can build a pc that can out perform the current gen consoles and play litterally every game on the planet with high fps and no drops.

Why don't people do it?

No one wants to fuck with a pc like that.
Consoles are toys, they want their shit to work out of the box and to not think about it. It's why apple sells so well and why nintendo can keep going.

Power does not over come the conceptual difficulties of gaming on a handheld. People have been saying that mobile gaming will destroy console gaming and handheld gaming forever and you know what. All it's done is destroy the game companies that went into it and become a self fulfillign prophecy.

Gods sake I honestly think smart device companies have beeen floating that abject retardation for years to play on the greed and "MUST BE FIRST TO GET THERE" mindset of the suit crowd and dumbfuck techfetishists.
>>
>>322878979
forgot to mention this bit.

the big kahuna this gen, sony, literally said they were confused why the ps4 sold so much. thats a pretty bad sign.
whatever. in the end its not us who are gonna pick what kind of games get made. you can sell literally anything if you advertise well enough. its pretty pathetic.
>>
>>322863971
Calling people underage is actually the biggest sign of underage though. It's typical of people who feel insecure about their age, so they need to make others feel insecure as well.
It's also a blatant ad-hominem.
>>
>>322879146
Yeah, everyone knows that sony plays fast and loose with the numbers. The awful game sales for the ps4 in every country says something completely different.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.