[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He was right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

File: sheet.png (92KB, 1874x426px) Image search: [Google]
sheet.png
92KB, 1874x426px
He was right
>>
>>322853641
Just sounds like he was salty to me.
>>
Being excited for game A isn't going to make game B come out any faster.
>>
>>322853641
i was in that thread. he's right desu.
>>
Was everyone insulting him?
>>
>>322853641
I absolutely convinced the people who say fallout 4 are just fucking with me.
All of my friends who bought it haven't played it in weeks.
>>
No shit, everything in his post should go without saying. I don't understand how it was ever screencap or reply worthy.
>>
File: VNyk86k[1].png (651KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
VNyk86k[1].png
651KB, 1067x800px
>>322854141
>>
>>322854578
I see reddit keeps finding our memes.
>>
>>322853641
>Oblivion
>Garbage

Nah
>>
/v/ stopped talking about FO4 much faster than Skyrim. Also with Skyrim i remember everyone laughing at arrow to the knee at first but once it became associated with reddit and people started getting tattoos it became cringe. Theres nothing like that or nuclear winter in FO4.
>>
File: 1441082607232.gif (1021KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
1441082607232.gif
1021KB, 421x389px
what a remarkable post that someone other than you surely wrote
>>
File: todd howard.jpg (57KB, 411x594px) Image search: [Google]
todd howard.jpg
57KB, 411x594px
>>322853641
He was wrong.
>>
>>322853641
>Oblivion was Garbage
Not really

>Skyrim was Garbage

Not really
>>
>>322853641
Oblivion is the best TES game though, but he's right about everything else.
>>
>>322855543
Morrowind=Skyrim>Oblivion>Daggerfall>>>Arena
>>
>>322855029
>>322855392
>>322855543
Oblivion was the beggining of Bethesda fall.
>>
>>322853641
Except Dishonored was awful too. That game's mechanics are fucking broken.
>>
>dishonored
>good
kek
>>
>>322855748
No it wasn't
>>
>>322853641
>There are people posting on /v/ right now who don't think New Vegas and Call of Cthulu is Bethesda's best work and everything else is mediocre to shit
>>
>>322855765
>>322855842
I really hated the game when it came out but I've been replaying it and the game has a lot of neat things, but it's very flawed and overrated.
>>
>>322855748
This is truth but it wasn't completely terrible yet. You could tell they were still trying, compared to Fallout "fuck it just make everything radiant quests" 4.
>>
File: 1432743854821.jpg (23KB, 473x357px) Image search: [Google]
1432743854821.jpg
23KB, 473x357px
>>322856204
>New Vegas
>Bethesda's work
>>
>>322856204
>new vegas
>bethesda
>>
>>322853641
He was 100% right. I knew it too and bought it. At least I can say for sure it was shit and not just pretend it was like most on /v/
>>
>>322855358
http://vocaroo.com/i/s16z4VmCL6kS
>>
>>322856425
sorry, most of /v/ isnt pretending we just pirated instead of being a retard like you
>>
>>322856425
By "pretend" I assume you mean "make a highly educated judgement based on the developer's past works, gameplay footage they've seen, reviews, discussions, etc.".
>>
Why the fuck do people worship these guys? Skyrim was shit, FO4 was shit, never played Oblivion but it looked like shit. Fallout 3 was acceptable until New Vegas realized everything it could have been. Yet, somehow, Bethesda Game Studios is held up as some sort of great developer. Bethesda is a good publisher, nothing more.
>>
>>322855392
>defending skyrim
I'm surprised your wife let you install a modem in the cuckshed
>>
File: 75685768576.gif (37KB, 267x219px) Image search: [Google]
75685768576.gif
37KB, 267x219px
>>322853641
>Hating open world games
>Unironically enjoyed Dishonered
>>
>>322857731
Do you deny that it's better than Oblivion, Fallout 3, or Skyrim?
>>
File: 1426048283694.jpg (81KB, 1119x735px) Image search: [Google]
1426048283694.jpg
81KB, 1119x735px
>>322857331
sometimes I play them to chill out when I'm feeling too lazy to play a good game
>>
>>322854723
>our
>>
>>322856204
>Call of Cthulhu is Bethesda's best work
>>
>>322856425
>I have to actually spend 50+ hours on a game before I know for sure if it's shit or not
A few minutes of unedited gameplay should be the most you need to successfully judge a game in the overwhelming majority of cases.
>>
>>322857331
>Bethesda is a good publisher, nothing more.

Fuck no, the shit they pulled with Prey 2 is proof that they don't give a shit about anything.

That said they are a better publisher than the likes of EA, Activision and Ubisoft but they are still bad.
>>
>>322853641
Skyrim with SkyRE was pretty cool.
>>
Why do you guys hate fallout 4 so much? I mean, if you just run around exploring and finding cool guns it can be pretty enjoyable. The map is really intricate, the leveling system is not as good, but still fun. It's just not that bad, I feel like you guys want it to be shit. Yeah the quests are kind of lame, but if you blow through those and start explorin the world and making your character what you want it can be pretty enjoyable. And I know RPGS are all about quests and choices and shit, but if you just take the time to explore the world in detail it can be very fun.
>>
>>322859165
Fallout 4 is not an RPG. It is an action shooter designed for the Mass Effect 3 and Minecraft audience. It is not a bad shooter but it is a bad Fallout game. All it is good for is to waste time but only this time, you can't really replay it.
>>
File: Fallout 3 themepark.png (62KB, 1038x617px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 3 themepark.png
62KB, 1038x617px
>>322859165
>>
File: Pete Hines.png (2MB, 1242x2943px) Image search: [Google]
Pete Hines.png
2MB, 1242x2943px
>>322859165
you have never played Fallout before have you?
>>
File: ATOM BOMB BABY.png (254KB, 1038x1333px) Image search: [Google]
ATOM BOMB BABY.png
254KB, 1038x1333px
>>322853641
fuck Bethesda
>>
>>322859165
>if you just run around exploring and finding cool guns it can be pretty enjoyable.

The "legendary" system killed that.

>leveling system is not as good, but still fun.

It is utter trash, the worst one I have come across in a "serious" WRPG in a long time.

>It's just not that bad, I feel like you guys want it to be shit.

I paid $120 dollars for the Pip-Boy Edition. I haven't been this disappointed in something since Man of Steel.

>and start exploring the world

Fallout 3 with a fresher coat of paint and no cool landmarks. It's empty and dull.

>making your character what you want it

This is my biggest complaint. Fallout 4 won't let me do that. In NV I put most of my points in charisma, science, lockpicking, and small guns. I was useless in any huge fight, but that didn't matter, because the quests were so open ended I could play how I wanted. Fallout 4 is go here, shoot this. Want to talk your way out? Nope! Want to sneak by these guys? Nope, gotta kill em! Want a powerful gun? Hope you spent precious perks on your crafting, because those are the only decent guns in the game! Fallout 4 is shit because it's reduced itself to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Bethesda didn't want to make a good RPG, they wanted a more casual game to appeal to all the people who just got on the new console train. I really hope they let Obsidian work on the spin-off sequel, or I'm gonna have to write off what once was my favorite series for good.
>>
>>322856526
Isn't that Stars of the Lid playing in the background
>>
Anyone who wasn't a normie 9fag knew FO4 was going to be hot garbage.
>>
File: the humanity.jpg (60KB, 340x301px) Image search: [Google]
the humanity.jpg
60KB, 340x301px
I don't understand /v/
How am I already bored so fucking bored after playing this for less than 40 hours?
I spent hundreds of hours on New Vegas and FO3 before feeling anywhere near this

>Completely bland and uninteresting quests, factions, locations, characters and dialogue
>Any and all RPG aspects completely gutted
>Only a fraction of the potential guns and armor available from the other two, but because you have incredibly basic customization options for them (pro tip, pick the mod that requires the highest skill or most resources) it's supposed to be okay
>Awful settlement system that is too simple to be a decent RPG aspect and too annoying/resource hungry to actually provide decent benefits
>Awful scrapping system that forces you into constantly sifting through shit just so you can stay on top of your settlement and upgrade demands of which you always feel a step behind
WHAT THE FUCK WAS BETHESDA THINKING
Is there any chance of a complete overhaul like Wanderers edition or Project Nevada salvaging this awful game or is it too shit down to the core?
>>
>>322863242
>Fallout 4 speedrun.png
>>
>>322863242
Gameplay overhaul won't fix quests and the map. Again, we're looking at a fancy sex mod framework, nothing else.
>>
>>322863242
>I spent hundreds of hours on New Vegas and FO3
it's the same fucking game, just with pretty graphics...
>>
>>322853641
>just give me Dishonered 2
Was Dishonored actually good?
>>
>>322866462
It was all right, a bit too easy
>>
>>322866462
Strong atmosphere and good ideas, but technically incompetent in a lot of places
>>
File: see you space cowboy.jpg (67KB, 598x554px) Image search: [Google]
see you space cowboy.jpg
67KB, 598x554px
I'm in a bit of a quandary with Fallout 4:
>not much of an RPG guy as of late
>couldn't get into 1, 2, gonna try again eventually though
>couldn't get into 3 because of how the world and quests were haphazardly laid out and you couldn't really say no to most of them, as well as basic combat mechanics being garbage
>commited the cardinal sin of never playing NV

Enter Fallout 4:
>rather than haphazardly trying to go full survival-RPG, game goes FPS-RPG-lite and it feels more consistent because of it (this has less to do with great design and more with Bethesda admitting they don't give a shit anymore)
>combat feels pretty decent, though bullet-sponge enemies are still annoying
>settlement building is out-of-place for setting, story but solves the problem of hoarding being an utterly fruitless endeavor (and the extent of weapon, armor, food, and chem crafting allows for some interesting expirimentation)
>optional locations generally have a worthwhile reward at the end, and are marked as [COMPLETED] for the scavenger-autists like me
>almost looks like it has an artstyle, rather than just a bunch of assets copy pasted together a la every other Bethesda game

I hate to admit it, but I'm having a pretty good time with Fallout 4, but I know my good time is at the expense of meaningful RPG mechanics, worldbuilding, and story. I can't defend how the game shoehorns you into one of two characters with very specific backstories, or how utterly detrimental having a voice protagonist has on roleplaying.

I'm sure I'd be singing a different tune if it wasn't gifted to me by my Bethesda-fan friend, though. It really isn't worth 60 bucks for it's quality, that's for sure.
>>
>>322869182
You'd be singing a different tune if you had played the first two
>>
>>322866462
Yes. Was it super amazing, GOTY material? No.

It was great fun, it had lots of technical issues. For example, there is an achievement (just to say I'm not a 'cheevo' hunter, but I like to try first goes) to complete the game without killing anybody. First mission I spent ages doing it, not being seen, restarting if I was. Turns out somebody died and I never knew.

Which was the problem. Dropping them, putting them near rats, them falling through the floor, all counted as deaths. The biggest bug was near the end, where it said I had mercy killed a bad guy who had been infected. I hadn't. I never even saw him. In short, he had been killed by other enemies but it counted as my kill.

Oh and by the end I was so bored of sneaking around everywhere I just abused time freeze + blink to run around the main areas stealing shit just so I didn't have to.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.