[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 24

File: 1448332776091.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448332776091.png
2MB, 1280x720px
Why do people hate them?
>>
>>322831089
>guys what if we made a boss fight that showed that we were actually lazy incompetent devs that barely even try?
>dude that's fucking genius
>>
>>322831089

Poorly made boss fight.

But I enjoyed it.
>>
>>322831089
What's the lore behind them? They don't seem very creative, but if it was possible to weave them into some backstory, then I might accept it.
>>
>>322831198
They watch and defend the throne
>>
>>322831172

and yet it is still more fun of a fight than say gaping dragon - a well designed boss.
>>
>>322831089
Because that fight is a chore solo.
With more people is fun; it's like a pub brawl.

>>322831198
Looters who hollowed after a life of looting. That's it.
>>
>>322831089
literally the worst part of the dlc

just throwing 3 npc enemies together in a room

>>322831280
No
>>
>>322831280
Gaping vag iz breety good m8
>>
>>322831740
Sorry but that anon is right. The Gaping dragon looks cool and everything, but it was a shit boring fight. At least the gank squad is challenging.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks that Dark Souls 3 is going to be irredeemable dogshit, like, it's going to make DaS2 look like Bloodborne+the old hunters?
It was rushed in like six months
It's clearly something From is cooking as far as possible so they can end their three games contract with Bandai Namco and dedicate all of their efforts towards Playstation-exclusive titles
They already announced that it's going to be smaller than DaS2.
>>
>>322831089

A load of bullshit just to get to them, their seemingly infinite poise, the arena having the stone-spitting statues that stagger you upon contact, combining a dual katana wielding asshole with a Havel monster who heals...
>>
>>322831089
AYOO

WHAT IF WE

HOL UP

WHAT IF WE MAKE ALL THE NPCS READ INPUTS AND CANCEL THEIR ANIMATIONS

HOL UP

AND WE GIVE THEM A BILLION HEALTH AND DAMAGE, AND HYPER ARMOR WHENEVER THEY WANT

AND WE THROW THREE OF THEM IN A ROOM TOGETHER
>>
>>322831280
re-read my post
>guys what if we made a boss fight that showed that we were actually lazy incompetent devs that barely even try?
>dude that's fucking genius
>>
>>322832359
DaS2 is the best game in the whole franchise so far. Stop being a sheep and not seeing that gameplay wise DaS2 is leaps and bounds better than either Dark Souls or Demon Souls. Bloodborne is a shit game that did away with what made the Souls games so good, and instead created a fast paced action game where you can only play 1 style and super limited your choices and variety.
>>
>>322831452
>>322831198
It disappointed me a lot they had no lore behind them and that they were wearing full sets.
I would have liked them better had they a tiny bit of backstory to them and had good looking armor mix and matched from different sets
>>
>>322831089
I like to imagine that Alva girl over there is hot as fuck under all that armor
>>
>>322832885
if dark souls 1 never existed would your opinion on this fight improve?

dont let the fact they are a bit of a copy paste influence your opinion, rate them purely on gameplay and challenge.
>>
>>322831452
>Looters who hollowed after a life of looting
Shouldn't the urge to keep looting driven them to continue? I guess they either just got bored, or deluded themselves into think there was nothing else to bother looting.
>>
>>322831089

>fighting them solo is like benny hills
>run to boss fight is extremely annoying
>npc summon signs only at the beginning of area
>>
>>322831089
>have defeated the great 4
>have defeated the king's personal guard and waves of minions beforehand
>have defeated the giants
>have defeated the king himself

and yet I still can't beat the pursuer
>>
>>322834449
How? Pursuer is "glue yourself to the boss shield, jump when necessary" boss.
>>
>>322834215
I rate them that they're dated games with a shitty playstyle that doesn't incorporate player freedom when it comes to movement and actual challenge.
Mainly because you're always going to get stuck in a position where you can't evade or you just exploit game mechanics just to win.
>>
>>322834765
you sound bad honestly, try gitgud
>>
>>322834627
yeah I've tried that ~50 times and yet I'm still slaughtered by him
>>
>>322832029
>it was a shit boring fight
Not for me, don't confuse your opinions with facts.
The B-Team Trio is objectively a lazy boss fight.
>>
>>322831089
With summons I thought it was a pretty okay fight. The NPC summons available for that fight do a pretty good job of distracting the havel clone and 2kat while you take out the archer. Once he's out, I used my greathammer's 2H R2 attack to pancake the remaining two to death while they're still preoccupied with my summons.
>>
>>322831089
WOW IT TAKES THREE OF YOU TO KILL ME
>>
File: hah.jpg (8KB, 262x263px) Image search: [Google]
hah.jpg
8KB, 262x263px
>>322831198
>Dark Souls II
>lore
>>
>>322832648
AND ONE OF THEM IS RANGED WITH THE MOST ANNOYING BOW WE CAN GET
>>
>>322833307
I prefer Dark Souls more but I will agree with you that Dark Souls 2 gets a lot of undeserved hate, and that Bloodborne is pretty overrated even though I enjoyed it as well.
>>
>>322834941
>Wait for the gaping dragon to do his rush
>Hit him in the side
>Repeat until win

Wow. What a fucking amazing boss fight. Miyazaki did it again!
The only fight worse than that was the fucking Demon of Song.
>>
>>322835184
>the only fight worse than that was the fucking Demon of Song
You clearly forgot the Bed of Chaos is technically a boss.
>>
>>322835184
>Wait for any boss to do his combo
>Hit him on the side
>Repeat until win
Wow. What a fucking amazing boss fight. Miyazaki did it again!
>>
>>322834941
>The B-Team Trio is objectively a lazy boss fight.
Not for me, don't confuse your opinions with facts.
>>
>>322834858
try playing a game that is actually fun
>>
>>322835296
Yeah, that's true. It's just that the bed of chaos is a dead horse at this point. Everyone agrees it was the worst thing about Dark Souls.
>>
>>322835540
i'm all ears
>>
>>322835471
Because putting three normal NPCs with pre-existing equipment in a generic empty arena takes a lot of effort right?
>>
>>322831198
Havel brought friends.
>>
>>322835772
you're arguing with someone who thinks Gaping Dragon is bad because it's simple, and Gang Squad is good because you can die easily.
>>
>>322835110
Oh come the fuck on.
Dark souls 2 (I feel dirty typing that) is not only the worst Souls game but one of the worst games ever made. That's a fact and everyone agrees about it.
The hate is more than deserved. No, I think it deserves even more hate.
>>
File: you dont get to bring friends.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
you dont get to bring friends.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>322835868
Uh. You don't get to bring friends.
>>
>>322836202
What a fucking big baby
>>
>>322836202
The sad thing is that while I know you're joking there are people people here who actually believe this.
>>
>>322831089
because it was lazy as shit, and unnecessary if I remember right that area didn't even progress the dlc and lead to a skirt or something
>>
I really don't understand the denial dark souls 2 players go through. I'm going to assume that most of them didn't play OG dark souls or even demon souls, because thematically they were both better, the gameplay was a lot better, the story made a small amount of sense, the bosses and areas were interesting, and they were basically just better all around.

my opinion is right and if you disagree youre a fucking cuck
>>
>>322834858
>defends having to meta to win
>git gud

Kek
>>
>>322836736
yeah, it's 100% optional, and nothing in the cave is worth it, except the skirt.
>>
File: 1408681444675.gif (1020KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
1408681444675.gif
1020KB, 400x229px
>>322836882
>demon souls

Confirmed for not playing the actual game.
>>
>>322836925
Where's it even at?
>>
>>322837047
right after the boss
>>
>>322837123
No the area where you fight these 3 I can't even remember if I have its been that long since I played so I want to check
>>
File: Shadow-of-yharnam.jpg (20KB, 350x205px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow-of-yharnam.jpg
20KB, 350x205px
I love the double standard.
>Dark Souls 2 gank boss
>lazy game design, artificial difficulty, B team bullshit

>Bloodborne gank boss
>challenging but fair, exciting, Miyazaki's done it again
>>
>>322837242
Sunken Crown DLC, you need to open a door with a button near the bonefire inside the temple to get a key.

the key is used right at the start of the temple, it opens up a ladder that allows you to go up, fight a scripted bullshit invasion, and then go into "The Cave of the Dead", where the Gank Squad resides after a section full of bullshit infinite-poise enemies
>>
>>322831089
Baddies will bitch that they're too hard because they actually died to them.

Everyone else knows the archer dies like a bitch in 5 swings from hit n runs and from there on out its just kite, poke, stagger, and kill which is about as boring as going through Iron Keep.

Every single fight in Dark Souls I + II is basically dodge right when they do an obvious easy to avoid attack / leap / charge and R1. The only fight that can even be considered remotely challenging in DaSII was ivory king with no knights.
>>
>>322837035
What game didn't I actually play?
>>
>>322835184
Gaping is a easy fight, but that doesn't mean it isn't good.

Skeleton Lords and Demon of Song were both great fights but were very simple.
>>
>>322837439
Nobody says anything good about those guys, though.

They're boring and easy.

At least in the design department they're neat and have crazy ass snake moves and shit. Whereas the gank squad aren't designed at all.
>>
I beat them on the first try, solo. Of course, I had to kite, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the fight, despite being slightly drunk and listening to trap music on Pandora.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (695KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
695KB, 1279x720px
The moment I got to the Lost Bastille, and saw that poorly textured rectangular tower just sticking out of the water with little possible meaning for existence I knew something was very, very wrong with the game.

I should have figured that out sooner when I saw the tree-covered hill in the Forest of the Fallen Giants, but that was in a missable location, while this was in broad daylight, for all to see.
>>
>>322837439
That's because it's true.
>>
>>322837439
>B-b-b-b-but Bloodborne!
>>
>>322837506
Thanks anon
>>
>>322837609
I'd kill for a Skeleton Lord fight that didn't end in 30 seconds
>>
>>322837524
Doesn't matter, it's still the laziest boss in the series.
>>
>>322837439
I think the difference is that the Gank Squad in DaS2 is three NPCs with huge HP and popular armor sets. It would be like fighting Solaire, Yurt, and Patches.
>>
>>322837439
That's because the gank squad are just like any other human NPC enemy in the game except with more health, damage, armor and weapons as the base game
The Shadows of Yharnam atleast have some unique design(not unique as in different, but unique as in not the same as literally any NPC) moveset variety as you kill them
Not saying the Shadows of Yharnam are great by any means but I'd be hard pressed to find any game that's great 100% of the time
>>
>>322837906
Same, it's a really fun and tense fight with good atmosphere. I wish the lore for that area was a little more obvious, they didn't make any sense until an anon explained it to me.
>>
>>322836882
Haven't played Demon's (yeah, I'm a PCuck, feel free to mock me), but while I agree about Dark Souls being a better game than Dark Souls 2, it has its own share of problems, like being unfinished, the entirety of demon's ruins / lost izalith, "INVASION FAILED", "SUMMONING FAILED", some areas being empty spaces full of nothing (the entirety of the forest, for example), while Dark Souls 2 introduced improvements gameplay-wise like functional multiplayer, power stance, viable fist weapons, teleporting between bonfires (wanting to walk everywhere gets old fast), the small white soapstone, etcetera.

I personally don't care about the story, lore and plot in those kind of games. They may as well use a "the princess was kidnapped by ninjas; rescue her!" and I wouldn't give a shit as long as the game is good. I will never understand why the Souls fanbase is so obsessed about those things.
>>
>>322838205
What lore? I thought they were just lords that randomly settled there and started controlling skellies
>>
Hey guys, just letting you all know that I think all the souls games are great, and each one of them a better game than literally anything else thats came out in the last 5 years.

Deal with it.
>>
>>322832885

They already did that with Dark Souls, mate.
>>
>>322838334
I was told by an anon that they're related to the executioner's chariot in that they were murdering the shit out of the undead for eternity and have been doing it so long that they've wasted away and become skeletons themselves.
>>
>>322838454
Aren't sequels supposed to improve on the original?
>>
>>322837439
>3 phases
>Let's you choose how to enter each phase (choice of dead ninja)
>different moves for each shadow
>Key piece of terrain to help out newbies

Kill yourself.
>>
>>322835086

They should have had one of them drop a ring that said one of them had a hard childhood so you faggots could theorize that he was raped by some shopkeeper or something.
>>
>>322837913
Never argued that. It's lazy for sure. But the laziest? Giant Lord, Congregate, Smelter 2.0, Rat Vanguard, Skeleton Lords, fucking Covetous are arguably lazier design for extra padding.
>>
>>322831089

In terms of difficulty, the boss is not particularly all that hard. You have a multi-level arena that allows you to divide and conquer. The general strategy is to kill them one by one. Parrying them is usually the simplest strategy. With the right weapon, you can kill each with 3-4 ripostes. You can also just use items to whittle their health down.

The thing that I think people don't like is the following:

1. The fact that the boss consists of NPC enemies rather than a unique monster/enemy. At the same time, though, I don't know why this gets a ton of hate for this fact while Shadows of Yharnam doesn't get hate for being NPC enemies. At least the Shulva gank trio doesn't get recycled as generic enemies later on in the game.

2. The fact that the three NPCs have abilities that the player doesn't. It gets hyper armor on attacks that you don't get. It has amazing tracking on attacks that you don't get. People say this is cheating, and to some extent, this is true. But I don't see how this is unique to this boss. Look at NPCs in other Souls games. In Demon's Souls, the Meat Cleaver black phantom can freely run on the mud at Valley of Defilement. All the NPCs, like Satsuki, have infinite armor and weapon durability. In Dark Souls 1, NPCs like Marvelous Chester or the Forest Hunter mage have infinite ammo/spellcasting. Same with the NPCs in Bloodborne with their infinite ammo.
>>
>>322835086

Fuck you, I bought Dark Souls II hoping it was even better than Dark Souls.

Fuck me for listening to video game journalists.
>>
>>322838729
>different moves for each shadow
>Key piece of terrain to help out newbies

Because the ARCHER, the NINJA and the HAVEL don't have unique moves and unique terrain to divide and conquer, obviously.
>>
>>322838780
At least the bosses you mentioned were made from scratch.
The gank trio recycles everything from the base game, and one of them uses weapons and armor recycled from the first Dark Souls.
>>
>>322837913

>laziest boss in the series

You're thinking of Ceaseless or any of the demon trio in Dark Souls.
>>
>>322837689
The moment I got to Lost Bastille and was rushed by like eight fucking goobers when I opened a door I realized the game felt all wrong.

But Earthen Peak is when I realized something was severely wrong with the game's level and world design. Poison fucking everywhere, clouds and puddles and random hammer dudes and sorceresses and a windmill. None of it made any goddamn sense.
>>
>>322831740

Which dlc was that a part of?
>>
File: 1449599984348.jpg (22KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1449599984348.jpg
22KB, 500x384px
>>322836882
I'm honestly torn over DaS2. I feel like it did so many things right but for ever step forward there was a step backward.

>game runs at 30 FPS but no lighting engine so everything looks fucking awful
>You can now power stance but it's fucking pointless as having a great shield will suit you better
>upgrades are paths are easier but the weapons break in like three hits
>here's this cool optional area with a bad ass boss fight but actually getting there is a pain in the ass
>rolling nerfed so they attached a stat to it
>more types of magic but hexes are stupid over powered
>can parry magic but with only two shields
>you can get a pig to spawn that will dig you up a weapon but it's not worth the time or energy
>back stabs nerfed but now all enemies come in roving packs

I'm just really torn. I really want to like dark souls 2 and I don't consider it a bad a game on its own merit but it just fucked up so much shit. I suppose there's small moments of brilliance in the game, which I can see used in bloodborne ( simpler upgrading paths and such), but it fucked up on so much shit. Though I will say that the DLC was miles better.
>>
>>322839110
Demon Firesage is by far the laziest because it is JUST a firey skin on top of Stray Demon. Its explosions don't even do fire damage, they do magic damage, same as Stray.
>>
>>322839080
>Because the ARCHER, the NINJA and the HAVEL don't have unique moves
No, they have the standard movesets of their weapons.
Other phantoms from the base game use the same stuff.
>>
BB=DaS>DeS>>>>>DaS2
>>
>>322838080
I really wouldn't say they have more health or damage. They're rigged to be exactly like the player in every aspect, even down to healing.
>>
>>322839110
Dick head, you're missing the point, these are literally just generic npcs with armor and weapons players used before. That's what's lazy about them Ceasless was a fucking giant demon that unless you looked up a video on how to beat was a difficult interesting fight, and all the demon bosses were SIGNIFICANTLY better then 3 dudes wearing armor you've seen before but with 10x hp
>>
>>322839363
Oh, I thought you meant that they all shared the exact same moves.

>>322838780
Nearly all the Chalice Dungeon bosses are even lazier and more blatant as padding. I mean, seriously, Maneater Boar? The Great Ones recycled? Shit like Loran Darkbeast (aka Paarl 2.0)?
>>
>>322839110
Why do people hate Ceaseless so much? I killed him the scripted way the first time I fought him and thought it was pretty cool.
>>
>>322839110
Ceaseless Discharge is a completely unique boss made from scratch.
It has a unique moveset, special sound effects and a lore.
The Demon trio sucked, but at least you don't pay separately for them.
Also sequels are supposed to improve on the original.
>>
>>322836882

The gameplay in Dark Souls 2 is objectively deeper, though. Dark Souls is the easiest entry in the series as well.
>>
>>322838227
Souls fans like to feel smart by "figuring out" the "lore" or failing that they worship useless fucks like Vaatividya who just spoonfed information the game explicitly told them.
>>
>>322839653
Ceaseless discharge has, bar none, the worst hitboxes in the game. I've never beaten him legit because his tentacle slam is a either a one shot or they don't take nearly enough damage while they're down.
>>
>>322837439
>Dark Souls 2 gank bosses
>Usually multiples of the same enemy (2cat, Ruin Sentinels), enemies who are NEARLY identical (Throne Watcher+Defender, 2dragonrider), or are fucking NPCs like the looters
>Shadows each have distinct movesets (A pure swordfighter, a spellblade, and a mage who chucks fireballs), and go through 3 different phases (base phase, flame-on, sneks)
Consider also there are hardly any multi-bosses in BB.
>>
>>322839643

>and all the demon bosses were SIGNIFICANTLY better than 3 dudes wearing armor

One of them is LITERALLY just a LITERAL reskin of the other boss, no variables changed whatsoever, no damage changes, NOTHING CHANGED. That's even worse than Blue Cheese Smelter.

A 3 person NPC gank squad boss had never been done in the series before, it is literally more unique than the Demon trio.
>>
>>322839195
The fucking grave wardens, completely out of place.
>>
>>322839827
I don't get why people shit on the lore of dark souls. The dude who made it has said many times that it's up to you what happens.

Nobody likes Vatti who the fuck are you kidding? He's a shill for bamco. Like I enjoy soul games but I have never heard someone with a bigger company dick down their throat.
>>
>>322839090
True but the exact same could be said about Rat Vanguard. Even worse actually since they're re-used assets from the first game.
>>
>>322839827
Vaati's content is 100% stolen from here though.
>>
>>322840132
I *kind* of get them. I get the feeling they're the "future" version of Gravelord Servants since they work for Nito.
>>
>>322840381

[citation needed]
>>
>>322831089
Fucking loved that part. That fight was brilliant. You really had to use your wits to beat it.

Actually that last part is probably why most people hated it.
>>
>>322837439

The funny thing is that Dark Souls 2 is remembered for recycling bosses, even though Bloodborne recycles way more than Dark Souls 2 ever did.

Look at the Chalice Dungeon bosses. Over half of them are either recycled bosses or generic enemies turned into bosses:

>Beast-Possessed Soul
>Maneater Boar
>Brainsucker
>Abhorrent Beast
>Loran Silverbeast
>Loran Darkbeast
>Celestial Emissary
>Amygdala
>Ebrietas
>Blood-Starved Beast
>Rom

And then there's NPC bosses like Keeper of the Old Lords and Forgotten Madman, who are basically just NPCs like the Shulva Gank Trio, yet they get no hate. Or how about Undead Giant having about 2-3 lazy variants?

Not to mention the DLC recycles Cleric Beast as Laurence and gave him the Firesage Demon treatment, while Living Failures is basically just a mish-mash between the Four Kings (shared healthbar and one spawning several seconds after you kill the other) and the Celestial Ayylmaos.
>>
>>322840196
>The dude who made it has said many times that it's up to you what happens
Which is all fine and good. The problem is when the community creates these iron wrought interpretations and then lords them around as if they're canon. Basically, a lot of Souls fans can't tell the difference between actual lore and glorified fanfiction.
>>
>>322840730
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>322840657
It doesnt matter that you enjoyed the fight or had fun. According to this thread the only thing that matters is that the boss is well designed, whatever the fuck that means.

So really you did not have fun because it was a lazy design.

I bet you feel like a silly sausage now eh m8
>>
>>322841008
Tell me how all the bosses I greentexted aren't either recycled bosses or generic enemies turned bosses. Go ahead. I'm waiting.
>>
File: 1445857834693.jpg (130KB, 500x528px) Image search: [Google]
1445857834693.jpg
130KB, 500x528px
>>322841246
The fact that you put Rom in the same category as Blood-Starved Beast and pretend he's recycled or just a regular enemy is fucking silly.

Same with shit like Maneater Boar which isn't even a fucking boss.

Your entire post is full of bullshit.

Meanwhile, in Dark Souls 2.
>>
File: 1413669067566.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413669067566.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>322841569
>people paid separately for Blue Smelter Demon
>>
>>322840005
>git gud

I know people here say that a lot to fuck around, but this one is 100% serious. If you cant dodge the ceaseless' slam, how the fuck did you get there anyway? You're one of those shieldfags and were too butthurt they didnt work there, amirite?
>>
>>322839340
Crown of the Sunken King
>>
>>322841569
Would you rather

A) Have the blue smelter demon removed from the game completely and as such have less content

B) Have more content
>>
File: not a boss according to you.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
not a boss according to you.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>322841569
Rom and Blood-Starved Beast are recycled bosses in the Chalice Dungeons. I wasn't wrong about that.

Maneater Boar is a Chalice Dungeon boss as well.

Have you even played the games?

Don't have anything good to say about Blue Smelter. Hate him as well. But don't pretend as if that sort of recycled shit isn't in Bloodborne.
>>
>>322841569
>one reused boss against the dozens that Bloodborne uses in dungeons
>>
File: latest[1].png (552KB, 516x653px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
552KB, 516x653px
Only people who played Dark Souls 1 will understand this boss :^)
>>
>>322840772
>Basically, a lot of Souls fans can't tell the difference between actual lore and glorified fanfiction.

Name one example of that happening.
>>
>Run around the room franticly till they separate.
>Parry dagger on the off hand
>Riposte when have a good chance enjoying those i-frames

It's literally abuse the combat mechanics: The boss
>>
>>322840013
>hardly any
>Shadow of Yharnam
>Celestial Emissary
>Witch of Hemwick
>One Reborn
>Micolash
>Rom
>Living Failure
>>
>>322841569

Meanwhile in Dark Souls.

Gargoyles recylced from Demon's Souls.
TWO reskins of the same boss.
An entire zone full of reused boss assets.
>>
>>322841756
Anon, I know you're in a hurry to flex your e-penis But saying "git gud" doesn't change the fact that Ceaseless Discharge is an atrociously designed boss. I know the idea of your precious DS1 having such blatant issues is triggering to you.
>>
File: 1445942404492.jpg (19KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1445942404492.jpg
19KB, 499x499px
>>322841991
>Chalice Dungeons

LOL

This is like saying bosses in a boss rush mode are recycled.
>>
How does Bloodborne handle the summoning invasion ranges.

DS1 matched you with soul level, which allowed low level twinks to gank your noob.

DS2 stopped it with soul memory, but caused a pile of other undesirable issues.

How does BB do it?

How will DS3 do it?
>>
>>322841198
I thought it was really well designed though. It offered nothing new as far as looks go I guess but the fight itself was unique. There was this network of thin walkways that had upper and lower levels but the lower level was in water to slow you down and also had those spitting statues to fuck your shit. So you basically had to outsmart the AI with the pathing by jumping off ledges and leading them on weird paths to separate them long enough to first kill the archer, then the dex dude, and then the havel guy guy, sprinting between levels and plucking arrows into them while they chased, then brawling when they got close. Was really intense. Guess it was just too hard for normal people though and I honestly I can see that. I just happen to find difficulty fun.
>>
>>322836897
>defends being able to rape everything regardless as opposed to deliberately using equipment that works
>>
>>322842270
It's in the game isn't it? If you can cite optional bosses like Smelter or Stray Demon, then why not Chalice Dungeons?
>>
>>322842270
And the optional bosses in those DLC are on the same context as these Chalice bosses.
But its ok if Miyazaki does it.
>>
>>322841569
Don't get me wrong I loved BB, but I just hit platinum and you do fight rom in the chalices as well as the main story, no alterations made.

There's way more copying. Still, great fucking game, I mean it's all souls when you get right down to it, but they all do it.
>>
>>322842270
>recycled optional bosses are only bad in Dark Souls 2 but not in Bloodborne!
>>
>>322842248
I really dont agree. And saying shit like you never beating him legit, because of his tentacle slam or too high defense really leads me to believe that you, in fact, need to git gud.
>>
>>322837439
This was one of my favorite fights m8 fuck you.
>>
File: 1451103620853.jpg (79KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1451103620853.jpg
79KB, 420x236px
>>322835108
HOL UP
AYOOO
*gets jiggy wit it*
SO YOU SAYIN
*collects welfare*
SUM FINNA
*eats fried chicken*
WE WUZ KAINGZ?
>>
>>322842290
But none of that matters because the mobs were a bit copypasta.

/sarcasm
I agree with you 100%, just making a parody of the utterly stupid opinions people on here have.

These fags would praise a boss that is literally a box on the ground, because FROM spent 1000 hours bump mapping its texture.
>>
File: GIvlocr.png (1MB, 774x689px) Image search: [Google]
GIvlocr.png
1MB, 774x689px
>>322842078
Only for the true lore experts. :)
>>
>>322842270
Chalice dungeons are a big part of bloodborne, hell you can't even fight the pthumerian queen (who does appear in the main story) without doing them. You also can't platinum without the chalices.

Dude's right, there is boss recycling. And who gives a shit, both Scholar of the first sin and bloodborne are fun as hell.
>>
>>322842273
>How does BB do it?

BB have the same PvP system as DkS.
But the really fucked up the invasion by adding multiple layer of bullshit like

>the host need to summon a white phantom to be invaded
>most of them summon in front of the bosses
>those who summon early are just for the gank and spank

>only a small, endgame area where you can freely invade a host
>and the host can 'cancel' the invasion by simply killing the bell maiden

The invasion is deader than DkS2 on launch.
>>
If there's one thing Dark Souls II is bad at it's getting the player motivated.
>Demon's Souls
>Kill the demons, lift the fog, save the world

>Dark Souls
>Ring the bells, learn the fate of the cursed, save/destroy the world

>Dark Souls II
>What the fuck am I doing, why am I doing any of this?
>You don't really know :)
>It's a mystery forgotten by the ages
>or perhaps...
>ARE YOU THE TRUE MONARCH????
>>
File: 1411619284432.jpg (3KB, 199x254px) Image search: [Google]
1411619284432.jpg
3KB, 199x254px
>>322842235
>Gargoyles recylced from Demon's Souls
>>
>>322842826
This all the way.
>>
>>322841939
I'd rather have not played that shitty game entirely.

Fucking B team.
>>
That amount of denial in this thread is astounding
>>
>>322842971
If you actually played the game then you would know all the shit.
The 'lore' in DkS2 were explored through out the game as you goes through.
Everything will eventually makes sense.
Why are you losing your memory, why are you the one who fits to sit on the throne etc.

Compared to DkS, you were fed most of the lore in the opening movie and its still doesn't answer a lot of shit.
>>
>>322842971
The fuck you talking about, nigga?

My motivation for playing all the SoulsBorne entries have nothing to do with the lore. I play to enjoy the good weapons, fight bosses and have a good time.

Do you lose all the will to play when you play zero-story games like shoot em ups? Or fighting games? Or racing games?
>>
>>322842971
So just seeing if the game can work you as badly as it does /v/ isn't motivation? Haven't started NG+ yet but all I have to do is kill the queen since I can't find aldia for shit and I've come to the conclusion that is either /v/ incompetent or I am really good.
>>
File: 1412906187592.jpg (2MB, 2610x917px) Image search: [Google]
1412906187592.jpg
2MB, 2610x917px
>>
>>322843353
It does not.

The opening movie straight up tells you: "You're going to do some shit because reasons--huur it's instinct dummy, you don't remember shit."

DkS2 was a pile only made worse by expansions.
>>
Seriously what age do you have to be when you played Dark souls to be in this nostalgia driven mindset whereby Dark souls 2 is a shit game not worth playing.

Its a better game than literally any other game in the last 5 years even if its not quite as atmospheric or memorable as DS1.

Stupid fags probably couldnt beat pursuer and come here to shitpost instead.
>>
>>322843617
>not quite as atmospheric or memorable as DS1
That's a mild way of putting vastly inferior in every possible respect but okay.
>>
File: 64530003563455.gif (79KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
64530003563455.gif
79KB, 480x270px
>>322832648

>NPCs cancel their animations

This is the thing that gets me buttblasted the most about dark spirits in DS2. I can deal with the perfect reads and rolls through my attacks, It's absolute bullshit though that an npc wearing full havel can cancel their heavy attack in to a fast roll.

They even cancel rolls in to rolls.
>>
>>322843614
>It does not.

It does actually.
You gotta on another level of retardness if you played the game and not knowing about all the shit they thrown at you.

>DkS2 was a pile only made worse by expansions.

The expansion only added a side story concerning Aldia and his research.
>>
>>322844047
You can do most of the shit that the NPC done.
Roll cancelling, attack cancelling etc.
>>
>>322838721
Dark Souls 2 improved some things from the original, m8.
If Dark Souls 2 didn't have limited use invasion items or Soul Memory, it would be a straight up upgrade over the first one.
>>
>>322844296
Fight club, arena and invasion are more fun nowadays due to SM anon.
You will never meet 2 person that have the same build.
>>
>>322843990
>vastly inferior

Not true, heres an example, 60 fps > 30 fps

Unless youre a consolefag and disagree with that, then Im insulted to have even conversed with you.
>>
>>322831089
I really enjoyed this fight, it was an adrenaline rush trying to constantly kite them until I could eventually kill one.

The worst DLC boss is the rehashed Smelter.
>>
File: 1421243025660.jpg (34KB, 522x589px) Image search: [Google]
1421243025660.jpg
34KB, 522x589px
>>322844719
You mean the thing you could unlock with a fix?

Try again, PCuck.

I bet you defend the item damage bug too, dipshit.
>>
>>322831280
>gaping dragon
>fun
The intro is cool I guess and his moves are neat, but the fight itself is a disaster, he clips into walls everywhere, can only hit you if you stand there and let him, the dragon is pants on head retarded, and its one of the easiest fights in the game.
>>
>>322844296
We're talking about bosses though.
By rehashing so many bosses they repeated the same mistake they made in the first game, and made it 100 times worse.
The "but Dark Souls 1 did it first!" excuse is ridiculous.
>>
>>322845086
>The "but Dark Souls 1 did it first!" excuse is ridiculous.

How is it ridiculous?
Thats not logical at all.
>>
>>322844878
I knew you were a consolefag, probably played DS1 right in the nostalgia bubble of your childhood/early teens too.

And a collection of anime reaction images too. Kill yourself
>>
>>322845483
If Dark Souls 1 did it, there's no excuse for Dark Souls 2 to do it again.
Making the same mistake twice is unacceptable.
>>
File: 1421765799322.jpg (367KB, 903x678px) Image search: [Google]
1421765799322.jpg
367KB, 903x678px
>>322845698
I own the PS3 and PC version of both games. I also own Demon's Souls, a PS4 and Bloodborne.

Meanwhile, you've played 2 games and are under the impression that the worst one is somehow the best.

Stay poor, cuck.
>>
>>322838374
Undertale
>>
File: 1393120070699.jpg (14KB, 189x214px) Image search: [Google]
1393120070699.jpg
14KB, 189x214px
>>322846147
But I'm saying that Dark Souls 2 sucks.
>>
So when people say that ds2 has better combat than ds, do they forget the deadzone? the fact that you can't chain r1s and r2s? the fact that free aiming with a bow was ruined?
>>
>>322846691
They also forget the generally shitty hitboxes which were ruined by a ridiculous mechanic called Adaptability.
>>
>>322846691
>the fact that you can't chain r1s and r2s?

False.
There's a lot of moveset where you can chain r1s and r2s.
The fact that you can cancel most of the moveset added more to this chains.

>the fact that free aiming with a bow was ruined?
How is it ruined?
>>
>>322844719
>Unless youre a consolefag
>I'm so under aged I don't remember when 60fps was a console standard.
I otherwise agree with you.
>>
>>322847005
All FROM games have shitty hitboxes, all of them.
I've pirated the console version before buying the PC version and finished the game just fucking fine even before I know what the fuck ADP is.
>>
>>322847207
You can aim pretty well in ds by slightly changing your camera view. It's actually very subtle and cool. But in ds2, the deadzone fucks up the subtlety of the aiming, and when you try to aim above shoulder height you lose control and your character's aim jumps up automatically.
>>
>>322847398
Doesn't change the fact that baseline ADP gives fewer iframes than you had in DkS which further highlights how shitty the hitboxes are. It's a shitty hostage mechanic that requires you to invest in it or become a shieldfag unless you want a whole host of bullshit deaths that have been well documented since release.

It's a perfect case of too few or too many because if you do invest in it, you effectively break the game by having enough iframes to be able to slap your dick against the controller and achieve success.

The only way DkS2drones have managed to defend it is by saying, "Lol works for me. Just ignore it. My mouth is full of B team semen!"
>>
File: mOnvOJG[1].png (298KB, 2271x2380px) Image search: [Google]
mOnvOJG[1].png
298KB, 2271x2380px
>>322831089

tfw beat them on my first blind encounter with 0 estus and less than 50% health left
>>
>>322847857
>It's a shitty hostage mechanic that requires you to invest in it or become a shieldfag unless you want a whole host of bullshit deaths that have been well documented since release.

Its not a hostage mechanic.
Just because you said so doesn't mean its true.
In the first week of DkS2 launch, and even before people explore and find out what ADP is, a lot of people like me finished the game just fucking fine.
Also, shield is pretty shitty early game, not to mention enemies reacted differently when you turtle behind the shield and enemies that can break through your medium shield.

>you effectively break the game by having enough iframes to be able to slap your dick against the controller and achieve success.

You need to invest quite an amount of stat to get the same i-frame as mid/fast roll DkS.
Also, no matter how much you pump your stat to boost your ADP it won't ever reach the same amount of iframe as ninjaflip.

>"Lol works for me. Just ignore it. My mouth is full of B team semen!"

I didn't say to ignore it.
This 'issues' were exaggerated and overblown by faggots like you.
A simple optional mechanic that adds more to the character build and how you want to go through the game is somehow an issue that undermine the whole game.
>>
>>322833825
That faggot in the back is wearing Lucatiel's mask/hat, the thief's black leather top, and regular ass leather chaps. That's not really a full set.
>>
>>322849179
Ninja flip only has 2 more iframes and requires a much bigger investment (light armor with jack for poise and a ring slot given up) while 105 agi can be gotten through a mixture of ATT and ADP, one of which 90% of builds out there will be make some sort of investment in. You can also be running around Havlels and still get those frames.

Sorry to say but DkS did it much better. That's why Fashion Souls became so prevalent. The way rolls and iframes were handled mixed with 4 ring slots meant you could run around in any old fucking gear with little issue.

Neutering poise didn't help either.
>>
>>322839530
Plainly not true.
Like any other NPC, they can instantly cancel any attack, even a jump attack to roll out.
They always have DaS2 super armor active (mandatory to tank most attacks and only present during swinging heavy weapons) and have more than triple the amount of poise their armor gives.
Their healing starts INSTANTLY and cannot be stopped, and heals for a good five seconds for 1500 HP on NG.
>>
>>322831089

To be fair, most of the bosses in Dark Souls 2 are ass.
>>
>>322839769
The problem with that statement is everyone has wildly different ideas on the difficulty of all the games. I found Bloodborne the easiest, and Demon's Souls the hardest. But that's also because I played all these games in order, and my skill carried over from game to game.
>>
>>322850258
>Ninja flip only has 2 more iframes and requires a much bigger investment

Which is coincide with what I just stated; no matter how much you spent into ADP the i-frame will not be longer than the longest i-frame available in both title.
To reach a high level of i-frame on both title require a heavy investment.

>You can also be running around Havlels and still get those frames.

Which you can also get in DkS.
Mid roll have the same i-frame as fast roll.

>That's why Fashion Souls became so prevalent.

Which is, in my experience, is far more prevalent in DkS2.
>>
>>322832359
>It was rushed in like six months

Dark Souls III has been in development for years, it was originally Dark Souls II before Bamco stepped in.
>>
File: Revolver Ocelot.png (211KB, 610x447px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Ocelot.png
211KB, 610x447px
>>322851860
>>
File: Revolver Ocelot.jpg (323KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Ocelot.jpg
323KB, 1366x768px
>>322852198
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.