[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
How do I beat Father Gascoigne?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 428
Thread images: 42
How do I beat Father Gascoigne?
>>
git gud ?
>>
Git gud.
>>
>>322810213
literally beat him on 2nd try when I first played the game
I have no other words other than gid gud
>>
>>322810213
Learn to parry.
>>
He's pretty easy
Just fight him head on in phase 1, parry him to death in phase 2
>>
Umbasa!
>>
>>322810213
Gascoigne was easy, even for me and I suck at Souls games. use the tombstones as cover and when he goes full beast use the stairs to deal with his attacks
>>
>>322810213

>People telling you to parry

Lol yeah just cheese the game...

or you could git gud
>>
Charge attack with the axe over and over again
>>
File: no_shame.jpg (58 KB, 630x460) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
no_shame.jpg
58 KB, 630x460
>>322810213
>tfw I didn't parry anything on my first playthrough and I still had a smooth time with Gascan
>>
>>322810213
parry him to death, once he turns music box and molotov.
>>
>>322810971
This. You can time it so you don't even have to move because he walks towards you and you can get another charge in him while he's knocked down. When he goes beast man just throw molotovs at him. Just make sure not to get stuck on the gravestones. Good luck
>>
parry his attacks.
>>
>>322810213
Git gud with viscerals, and run up the stairs if you need to heal.
>>
>>322810213
You tell him you fucked his wife.
>>
>>322810213
Use tombs to keep distance between when you need to, I'd use transformed hunters axe charge attack as he got closer to knock him back. When he transforms throw molotovs to quickly finish him. You might find it easier to fight him on the stairs
>>
>>322811513
How do you think she died :^)
>>
>>322811542
>everyone recommending using the Hunter's "I spin 2 win" Axe
>not SawCleaverMasterRace
>>
How do I get to his waifu's brooch?
>>
>>322810213
Better question here, how do I beat rom on the lake? Fuck that bitch. Heck, everyone in byrgenwerth are all faggots
>>
>Just played this game a few weeks ago

So if I understand correctly Gascoigne is some foreign dude who hooked up with the Healing Church to be part of their hunts. Tonight's hunt though he disappeared. His wife left her daughter to go find him. And when she found him near the Healing Church secret entrance Gascoigne was already blood addled and he killed her.

I've been walking back and forth everywhere trying to find things I missed to figure out what the fuck is going on. Am I in a nightmare? Or am I a dream that's walking around in the real world? Are nightmares physical locations or in another dimension? Is the School of Mensis and Bergenweryth the same thing? Why the hell does the Healing Church worship the demon looking thing?
>>
>>322811714
Tbh I'm pretty sure I used the kirkhammer despite suggesting the axe.
>>
>>322810959
Learning to parry is getting good.
You're a scrub if you can't parry
>>
>walk up to him
>dodge his attack
>spam r1
>repeat until ded

It work for all the other bosses too.
>>
>>322811782
ithe brooch is in the boss fight area. look for it, ya dingus
>>
>>322811805
set a password and I help senpai.
>>
>>322811972

Nah learning how to dodge attacks is getting good.

Parrying is a cheese strat that people abuse by googling what attacks you can parry then claiming that they know how to play.
>>
>>322812169
Confirmed for not being able to parry
>>
>>322812027
Thanks man, but this is something I need to do on my own. I'm not even expecting an actual answer I just want to put it out there
>>
>>322811805
flamethrower side, charge attack kirkhammer when teleporting, bolt paper
>>
>>322811805
When he starts raining meteors on you just lock on to a spider and keep dodging to the left.
>>
>>322811807
Dude get yourself some eyes in your head
>>
>>322811807
I thought she got killed by the guys you found him mashing up.
>>
>>322812013

Not the bloody crow of cainhurst but I guess he's not really a boss.
>>
>>322812486
take care of his shitty spiders first then hit him, second/third stage is a little more tricky because you have to keep an eye on him too for his shitty ice attacks but still same idea, is basically patience hit and run. If whatever reason you still struggling there is an npc hunter you can summon before entering the balcony in library, he has the call beyond spell which rekts the little spiders.
>>
>>322811306
when he beast modes just play the music box and backstab him
>>
>>322810213
Don't run from the third form.
>>
Parry Gasoline
>>
I beat him on my second try by visceral attacking a lot, and freaking the fuck out and spamming molotovs in his second phase
>>
>>322811807
massive spoilers. only look if you've beaten the main game and need some answers.


i thought everything was a dream too at first. the beginning makes you think that. the real world is the world you're in, except you are trapped by "the hunter's dream". read the next spoiler if you want to be spoiled even more and unravel a big part of the game.

the hunter's workshop was ran by gehrman, the first hunter. it was a part of the church and it was secret, designed to hunt beasts during the night back before the plague. it was eventually disbanded. there is a item whose info says that the great ones are "sympathetic in nature", and it's likely that gehrman made a pact with moon presence in order to maintain his hunter's workshop, either of pride or whatever motivated him

school of mensis was a part of the church, formed by laurence, who was a student of master willem of brygenwerth (the cutscene you see when you touch laurence's skull in the grand cathedral prove they were very close).
>>
>>322811807
>am I in a nightmare
Possibly, but most likely not
>am I a dream
Naw
>are nightmares physical or in another dimension
Yes
>is the school of mensis and byrgenwerth the same thing
Nope
>why does the healing church worship the demon thing
I'm assuming you're talking about ebrietas, daughter of the cosmos. They take her blood to use in their healing medicine. I don't think they worship her but she is definitely a higher being
>>
>>322810213
Fight like he fights.
>>
>>322812716
his daughter says sometimes Gascoigne forgets who her and her mother are, so the mother always carries a music box to make him remember

she didnt bring the music box this time, not hard to imagine what that implies

thats why playing the music box stuns him, it makes him remember that he just killed his own wife in his blood frenzy
>>
>>322810213
Git lucky
>>
In his first stage, you can have a lot of fun by trying to be even more aggressive than he is but make sure you keep enough stamina to dodge away if need me. In his second and third stage, learn his attacks and time your gunshots to when he is winding up before he strikes to parry him, which you can then visceral him

I almost beat him on my first try, went from 20 blood vials to 4 during that fight though and while I thought I had prepared for the fight by watching some videos, I wasn't exactly prepared for his third phase so I got pretty much destroyed by him when he had an inch of health left, after that it took me 4 more tries. Father Gascoigne is definitely my favorite boss of the game. It felt like such an amazing fight and I felt like I was fighting someone who was my equal, even down to the weapons he used, and I grew to love it even more after learning the backstory behind him and listening to the soundtrack.

Just remember, it might take a couple tries but theres nothing wrong with dying. If need be, just get the insight from seeing him and then save your blood echoes and level up before you face him. It also helps to enhance your weapon using blood stone shards.

Just one more tip, git gud
>>
>>322814392
>and while I thought I had prepared for the fight by watching some videos
pathetic.
>>
>>322813173
nigga they aint massive spoilers
>>
>>322813173
>it was a part of the church

Hunters predate the Church.
>>
>>322811807
I think the bigger lore bit is how Gascoigne most likely married Henyrk's daughter.

Evidence:
-Henyrk's voice (when taking damage) is the same as the "Old" category you can pick when making a character
-Gascoigne's daughter mentions someone named "Grandpa"

Put these two along with the fact that Henyrk and Gascoigne were partners and it aint impossible
>>
I picked this up the other day. Are all the areas pretty much the same in art direction? Everything just looks dark and gothic, are there any that stand out that I'm yet to see? At least Dark Souls had some contrasting areas like Anor Londo and Blighttown.
>>
Here's how you actually do it with extremely low risk, it's almost impossible to fuck this strategy up.

>First form.

Back away from him, wait for him to perform an attack, then use your jump attack, for most weapons this is a guaranteed stagger (Not sure about the cane) after your JA staggers him, back away, repeat this until form 2 while mixing in parries if you want to speed shit up

>Form 2
Use the music box, backstab him, then charge R2 when he gets up. If he's still alive, just whack him a few times, he'll die.

If you can't beat him with this strategy, you're simply bad at timing and measuring distance, for short, become proficient.
>>
>all these niggas saying stuff that is plainly wrong

Just read this and be contented

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5acskAT_2t062HILImBkV8eXAwaqOj611mSjK-vZ8/preview?pref=2&pli=1
>>
>>322816074
>Are all the areas pretty much the same in art direction?

Not at all, it's just the first few areas are in the city.
>>
Wait, people actually had trouble with this boss? I just spammed R1 and dodged, simple enough.
>>
>>322816074
>are all the areas the same?
No

Just play it, and for the love of god don't look up videos of areas from later in the game
>>
>>322810213
Shoot him when he jumps to attack then rip his guts out. He's difficult because he's literally "learn to parry" the boss.
>>
>>322810213
Beat him on the 2nd try desu senpai. Didn't even know about the music box.
>>
>>322816121

>Form 2
Spam Music Box, Spam Molotovs

Complete error proof
>>
>>322810213
Don't lock on in his beast form when he's close to you or the camera will go to shit. That's all you really need, once you do that just keep a good distance and parry him.
>>
>>322816074
You'll get some dark and gothic woods, some dark and gothic lower sections, some dark and gothic castles, a bright ass fuck nightmare land, and white expansive sea, and the DLC has dark and gothic revists with a dark and gothic fishing hamlet.

Yes, that's the point of the game, to be dark and gothic, it fits the theme and story of the game.

But really, yes there will be different environments for you to explore other than just Yharnam.
>>322815914
I always assumed Henryk was Gascoigne's father and not his wife's father.
>>
>>322816370
>Spam Molotovs

I immediately assumed OP probably used them all on Cleric Beast or repeated attempts at Father. I didn't include consumables on purpose.
>>
>>322810213
git gud
>>
How the fuck do I beat Orphan of Kos?
>>
>>322816606
Just get better at the game and get your damage as high as you can, there aren't any "Tricks" to his fight aside from standing in the water to avoid the lightning, as well as BS'ing him when he does his jump attack.
>>
>cant even beat Gascoige

Watch out for Logarius
>>
>>322815914
Didn't henryk just gain unnaturally long life from his time with Gascoigne
>>
>>322816503
>Henryk was Gascoigne's father

Im afraid not. Gascoigne's most prominent feature is the he came from a foreign land. If Henyrk was foreign too it would have been mentioned.

Also, its only mentioned that they were a gallant duo. Though theres no mention to family in that, I take away that they were equal as partners and friends, not as father/son
>>
>>322810213
Cheat stone
>>
>>322816074
Entire game basically looks the same even when you're in different locations. Dark and purple.
>>
>>322815603
Which actually makes no sense.

[Kos was the first of the Great One's found, but clearly we see in Old Hunters that Hunters already exist as does the dream, meaning the Moon Presence was found by Gehrman first, which means experiments involving Brygenwerth and it's foundation had already taken place, seeing as how Gehrman and Laurence have left to do their own experiments, Laurence eventually establishing the Church and Gehrman the Hunters/Hunt. Which means that at some point Willem and the crew found Oedon first actually instead of Kos. Which is the spread of the Nightmare, which Gehrman combats with the Moon Presence, who seems to be at odds with Oedon. With Laurence setting off to create his own Church in Oedon's image. Now when Kos was found who knows as it's clearly not the beginning point, even though it's straight up said it is. Then again time and space and Great Ones and all that stupid shit.
>>
>there are people in this thread who used the music box to beat Gascoigne
>>
>>322816765
>there aren't any tricks

nigga what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa7RlX9NNi8

even if you don't fire any bullets, you can always get a backstab visceral after he does that jump/lunge attack. He'll just hop over you
>>
>>322816887
Nah, you're likely right, I just always assumed Henryk was the father to Gascoigne instead of his wife. I never really thought to consider it honestly since his wife is just some random woman, but yeah it makes more sense.

I'd really like to see a sequel to Bloodborne or more prequel stuff like the Old Hunters, but alas last DLC and Dark Souls 3 is coming soon.
>>
>>322811805
If you're not comfortable with the adds, hitting a spider twice will typically kill it from any direction.

If she flops over, run away.

If she rears her head, start running around her.

Hit her as much as possible and use blood pellets and/or shock paper, try to stagger her out of teleporting away.

Rom's easy, the spiders make it difficult.
>>
>>322817132
Can you not read? I mentioned that shit in my post.

Backstabbing/parrying him isn't a trick, it's something that you can do to every humanoid boss.
>>
>>322816842
So? We all know he was old. More importantly, he was definitely older than Gascoigne
>>
>>322816976
Kosm*
>>
>>322817414
Ahh Kos, or some say Kosm
>>
>>322810213
>>322810213
shoot him
>>
File: 1449627277432.jpg (445 KB, 1012x1132) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449627277432.jpg
445 KB, 1012x1132
>>322817194
>a BB sequel that focuses more on hunters and less on stupid aliens and nightmares

me too anon. Who knows? Maybe their next game after Ds3 will be Bb2?
>>
>>322817414
Yeah it kind of confirms it is Kos when you fight Orphan of Kos.
>>
>>322811805
Kill the spiders every round first. Hit their sides, their faces work like the wooden shield.

Then beat Rom down (you can keep attacking as she's becoming incorporeal and teleporting).

When she starts doing meteor just dodge to the left/right multiple times. When she does the vertical ground meteor it's usually in a radius around her and she wont do it when you're close. Otherwise just wail on her until she teleports again and avoid the terrible obvious AOE explosion. If you're fast enough with the damage (burn most of your stamina, but enough to back dodge), she wont ever do the roll.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
Is there no hope other than learning the timing of that aoe and dodging through it?
>>
File: pegbb.jpg (187 KB, 986x1378) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pegbb.jpg
187 KB, 986x1378
>>322817642
Better version
>>
>>322817803
>she's
>she
>her
>>
>>322811714
Yo, the cane is the real easy mode. Axe is great for crowd control, but it's not really ideal for a handful of bosses.
>>
>>322817642
>a BB sequel that focuses more on hunters and less on stupid aliens and nightmares

Kill yourself. The Lovecraftian stuff is the best part of Bloodborne.
>>
>>322817642
I don't mind the Old Gods, but it really should have had some more focus on Gehrman and his hunts, especially that of Willem and Maria leaving his side.
>>
>>322816976
>Oeden
I thought Oeden was formless
>>
>>322817919
Rom is a chick confirmed by the creator. Really need to just fucking look up Rom real quick before posting.
>>
>>322817919
Miyazaki confirmed it was a female.

>Miyazaki's interview confirms that Rom is in fact female. In the interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki found in the Official Guide, Mizayaki was asked what his favorite boss was. His answer was Rom, stating that “I really like her. There are some oddly cute aspects to her moves and modeling.”
>>
>>322817887
I like that
>>
File: 1449944415209.jpg (79 KB, 301x312) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449944415209.jpg
79 KB, 301x312
>>322812169
It's literally just shoot them when they're in the middle of an attack

Wow
>>
>>322818170
>>322818187
And the guy who created the .gif format thinks it's pronounced like the peanut butter Jif.
Sometimes creators are wrong anons.
>>
>>322817642
You seriously want to take the unique parts about Bloodborne and focus on more fucking humans.

Seriously holy shit, Dark Souls has enough humans and humanoid bosses across the series, don't let it fucking happen to BB as well.

Shittiest taste I've seen in any BB threads by far.
>>
>>322818152
It is, but they had to have found the voice to understand it's grand designs for the Church. Even then, the blood that turns people into Beasts and stuff with the Nightmare/Mergo is likely the result of Oedon as well. How that works who knows.
>>
>>322818360
>Parrying is literally smacking them with your shield in the middle of an attack

wow
>>
>>322818424
>Sometimes creators are wrong anons.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Congratulations.
>>
>>322818424
>Guy having an aneurysm and thinking Graphics is pronounced with a J
>Equatable to the director stating a transkin's former gender
>>
File: dumbass.jpg (18 KB, 375x333) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dumbass.jpg
18 KB, 375x333
>>322818424
>Sometimes creators are wrong anons.
>>
>>322818010
>liking every area after Rom

I guess you don't have great taste friend
>>
>>322817642
Fuck you, I want more Lovecraft.
>>
>>322818491
>humans aren't cool
>all of the most tragic and interesting characters in bloodborne are humans

ffs
>>
>>322818871
I hoped you liked the dlc then cause it was a discombobulating mess in the story department.
>>
Reccomended level for Old Hunters? I ran around and managed to pick up the cutter and hammer before that small grey beast guy rekd me because my damage was piss poor.

>>322818754
The only bad bosses after Rom are Reborn and Emissary. Arguably, MP too.
>>
File: Yharnam.png (144 KB, 350x251) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Yharnam.png
144 KB, 350x251
Trying to work my way through the Chalice Dungeons to reach this whore, but god damn, it's such a painful trek

What level were you guys when you reached her?

Did you even get that far?
>>
>>322819270
140.
>>
>>322818424
>gender is something you can just make up for yourself

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>322819132
Go to bed Super Bunnyhop, the Fishing Hamlet was clearly Innsmouth and you know it.
>>
>>322818754
You mean the Unseen Village which still has beasts, dogs, and maidens and only crazy blobs and the boss?

Or the Orphanage which only has the two bosses and the fetuses running around, but otherwise beasts and shit.

Or do you mean the Nightmare of Mensis which has beasts, giants, shadows of yharnam, pigs, and only the main boss and the big ass brain?

Or do you mean the Nightmare Dream which just has Gehrman unless you do the Umbilical Chords?

Hell you even see Kin before Rom. You see them in the Forbidden Woods, in Iosefka's Clinic, you see them in the Nightmare Frontier, you see other Amydalas around Yharnam constantly if you've been bothering to use the Insight, which everyone did because we all knew you see stuff the more you had.

Shit you see them in 3/4 of the game basically.
>>
>>322810213
to me he just seemed like a parry tutorial. like this was the point in the game you learned you werent going to finish the game if you didnt learn to parry.
>>
>>322819270
>What level were you guys when you reached her?
98

Toughest has to be Defiled Hotdog and Defiled Amy. Everything else is smooth sailing.
>>
>>322819270
I'm 115 right now, getting ready to hit the Dog in the Defiled Chalice, so she's next up on the Chalice list once I finished the Dog and the last boss.

I'm staying 115 solely because my autism with stats ending in 0/5, and there isn't any point pumping into Vit/Skl/End anymore.
>>
>>322810213
He breaks down if you hide behind a large chunk of tombstones. Just wait for him to swing, then hit him, back up, repeat.
>>
>>322819874
To me he was a molotov tutorial and proof that the game will only get easier from then on because of weapon restrictions and being unable to level.
>>
>>322819874
I didn't parry once the entire game, still haven't outside of one boss in a Chalice Dungeon.

Parrying is not needed in any Souls games. In fact, that boss in the Chalice Dungeon was the first time I've ever parried in a Souls game outside of PvP, it's not needed whatsoever.
>>
>>322817642
the fuck?

BB has the best lovecraftian story of any non direct lovecraft game
>>
>>322817803
>Kill the spiders every round first.
What? I beat Rom first try by ignoring all the adds, running in, getting a hit or two, then running away.
>>
>>322820297
It has better Lovecraft than pretty much any game period because in the Lovecraft games it makes no sense that you could even compete with the Great Old Ones. Like that Call of Cthulu game where you had to shoot Dagon to death. At least in Bloodborne you could argue learning the edlritch truth and embylical cords makes it possible to surmount the Great Ones.
>>
>>322820542
>kill the spiders
no need: https://youtu.be/SKiW9uRJ8oI?t=9
>>
File: Hot_Lips_Snootles.png (3 MB, 1918x816) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hot_Lips_Snootles.png
3 MB, 1918x816
>>322818650
>>322818715
>>
>>322820542
Well that works too, but killing the spiders makes it a lot easy to deal with, especially for someone having trouble with her.
>>
>>322819601
>>322818715
>>322818713
>>322818650
Artist is dead, retards. The only thing that can influence the status of a facet of a work of art must be contained in the work of art itself. If miyazaki said that every enemy in the game was an android and the games are really just simulations for a super soldier from the future it wouldn't make it true.

I'm not that guy, though, and the only acceptable thing to call rom is 'it' because it's a fucking speedero
>>
>>322820938
George Lucas did plenty of stupid shit sure, and while his decisions were wrong, they are still canon. The same as Rom being female is still canon, even if you find Rom being female not canon. Also I don't see why you have such a problem with Rom being female anyways, the entire game has a motif about pregnancy and females.
>>
>>322820542
>>322820947

I think killing the spiders is almost a necessity for chalice Rom. That was pretty painful.
>>
>>322819270
I'm level 108ish and I'm stuck on defiled Amy. Been taking a break from BB to try out EDF 4.1 though.
>>
>>322820938
2 people created Star Wars, Anon. It only took one to ruin it.
>>
>>322821082
>If miyazaki said that every enemy in the game was an android and the games are really just simulations for a super soldier from the future it wouldn't make it true.

Duh, he's teasing the inevitable scifi soulsborn
>>
>>322821082
Except the artist isn't dead and that's what he said.
>>
Gehrman, The First Hunter
>the first hunter
laurence formed the hunters, of which gehrman was the first

>>322816976
the hunters nightmare doesn't exist in reality. "the old hunters" you find there are blood addled and never "escape the hunt". wouldn't make much sense if a clocktower leads to a fishing hamlet.
>>
>>322810213
Do nothing but parry damage and you can get him down to like 25% of his hp left before he transforms

One good combo after that can clean him up
>>
>>322816074
Yes and no. The color pallet changes occasionally, but the gothic theme is always going to be present.
>>
>>322821357
All the Nightmares exist you dolt, just not in the manner the waking world does.

The waking world is "reality", the nightmares and the dream are your reality away from reality, courtesy of the Great Ones.
>>
>>322821339
It's an idiom you retard, I'm not saying he's literally dead. I'm saying an artist's views on a narrative aren't binding of conclusive or the final authority. the art defines itself. In this case there's nothing in the game that says romski is a girl so it's not canon that it is.
>>
>>322816370
>Spam Music Box
You can use it more than once? When I tried to use it twice in one fight, he just completely ignored it the second time.
>>
>>322821082
>If miyazaki said that every enemy in the game was an android and the games are really just simulations for a super soldier from the future it wouldn't make it true.

Except that completely makes it true, it doesn't make it not stupid, but it's still true.

Also you can't call Rom an "It" because Rom was once Human. The game straight up says Rom was enlightened/transcended.

An artist only draws, they aren't the entire influence of the work. They're told what to draw and generally a extremely rough guideline of how to draw it. In this case they said "Draw a spider/caterpillar Great One" and he did, the artist doesn't decide the actual characterization, only what the characterization that was already laid before him is detail in his art.
>>
>>322821082
>Artist is dead, retards.
come again?

Listen, anon, if the artist's intention of the art is not conveyed to the viewer that means the art is bad, not that the creator is wrong.

Besides, its a spider that spawns more spiders, making it female. Calling it she would still not be wrong.
>>
>>322821714
>there's nothing in the game that says romski is a girl

In your translation of it. So much can change when the localization teams come into play.
>>
>>322821714
Except the game makes it obvious. Rom was the first one to become Enlightened, the first to try and give birth to a Great One, it only backfired and Rom became a near braindead spider, who was later used as a Dreamcatcher/Net to stop the halting progress of the Nightmare.

The ritual would eventually be complete through Queen Yharnam. You don't even need Miyazaki to tell you she's female to understand this, it's incredibly basic story-telling and right in your face.
>>
Reminder that if you use any weapon other than the cane, you are either unskilled or someone who thinks hes good for using meme weapons.
>>
>>322821634
>all the nightmares exist
how does this contradict what i say? the reality i speak of is what the doll says, the "waking world". the "hunter's nightmare" is a nightmare persisted by the orphan, hosted by maria. my original point there was that the hunters you find in that nightmare are not "old hunters", i.e. hunters before gerhmans time.
>>
>>322822114
>cane
>not a meme weapon
everything in bloodborne is a meme weapon
>>
>>322822114
If everybody used the cane, the cane would be the only meme weapon.

Would you carry on spouting this meme weapon shit if this were the case?
>>
>>322816519
You can buy more easily.
>>
>>322822216
>Before Gehrman's time

But the hunters in the Hunter's Nightmare are FROM Gehrman's time.

Gehrman only got out because he was put on a leash by MP.
>>
>>322821780
Why does the creator of something saying something outside of the art itself influence the art? Do some people have the power to decide what is and isn't true in a work of art without influencing its contents? how does that even work? the art and the art only dictates is what influences ones interpretation.

>>322821829
Whether art is good or bad has nothign to do with how well it conveys the artist's intentions. If some idiot meant to type his shitty autobiography about his life in swindon as a factory worker but accidentally coded a beautiful, well structured masterpiece of a video game that you really enjoyed, would it be bad? If you like it, it's good art. Simple.
>>
>>322822073
>>322822098
I shouldn't have said it wasn't okay to call it a female or that it's stupid to hold that opinion, but to hold it just because papa M said so is silly.
>>
>>322822548
We have no evidence to suggest Rom was male before.

We have evidence to suggest Rom was female before. See: Miyazaki saying so.

Do the math, genius.
>>
>>322822382
i'd like to see where you get your information. i remember the game saying something like the hunter's nightmare being where all blood addled hunters are sent. i agree that it's a world that either created AFTER or during Gehrman's time. he really is the "first" hunter.
>>
>>322822812
Miyazaki saying anything doesn't say jack fucking shit about the game itself, fucko.

If fucking walt disney said that mickey mouse was an andriod, he wouldn't be an android unless whatever fuckign mickey mouse cartoon convinced you otherwise and independently of disney's assertation
>>
>>322822859
The blood-addled hunters from back then fell into the Nightmare, I got nothing as to why the ones from dream Yharnam still persist and antagonize the player.
>>
>>322822984
You are so fucking mad over this, holy shit. Take your pills.
>>
>>322822403
>If you like it, it's good art.
There are a couple schools of thought on art in general.

But what you suggest has no account for taste. What is a severely retarded person draws a picture with his own shit and you like it. That still wouldn't mean you didn't enjoy shit.
>>
>>322810213
> use the saw part of the saw cleaver, you need to move fast
> get the music box, i didnt use it because i was retard and didnt know about it
> use the tombstones as cover (until he transformes)
>>
>>322819270
100 on whirlmeme build
140 on chikage build

shes not that hard
>>
>>322822403
it works because he is the creator of the story and lore. When you have a job as a concept artist or an artist in this facility you are told what to draw. It's not like you're just drawing whatever you feel like and handing it to the person and being like "Here, this is the character, and this is their story". The artist doesn't decide that unless they're also the main developer of what they are creating.

Artists have no power in most jobs, they just draw what they're told to draw, it's a job like anything else and a very shitty one too. Trust me, I unfortunately had to deal with all the weird ass hipster faggots and retards at art school, jobs are not just "Make something and it's yours". They just create what the character looks like, nothing more, and even then they're given a rough idea of what they should be drawing.
>>322822548
Then you go against the creator's intentions and that's not more than headcanon at that point. It's like that stupid ass Samus is a tranny shit people take seriously over an off-handed and terribly obvious joke. Now if Miyazaki had said Rom was a female in a joking manner, sure you'd have a point, but otherwise you're just spouting what you want to believe over the real intentions of the creator of the character.
>>322822984
If Walt Disney said Mickey was an Android, guess what, Mickey is an android.
>>
>>322819751
>listing enemies in areas

No. Those areas blew ass because they were so confusing that they put a permanent bad taste in my mouth. Going from the peculiar (yet understandable) Unseen Village to a weird lecture hall in the head of dead guy to a nightmare with a baby and tons of weird shit made no sense to me the first time.

Of course now I understand, and even appreciate some of it. But the pure confusion I felt when I entered the Nightmare of Mensis and the confusion as to WHY I HAD TO KILL A BABY still sticks with me.

>inb4 "dude you're feeling how the characters feel when they tried to comprehend the eldritch truth"

fuck off with that. Lovecraftian themes are always a dead end
>>
Tried to guide some retard to the Bell maiden for like 10 minutes until I had to go and kill him.
>>
>>322822257
No, because the cane has actual skill and finesse required to use it, everyone using it would just mean everyone is skilled.
>>
>>322821714
>>322821339
>>322821082
"I don't read anything ever, I only play videogames."

"the death of the artist" is a novel concept raised by a essay; it's a thought that advocated against the traditional analysis of the author and looking at his background as a means of explaining a work. this is a video game. miyazaki saying something is something in a fictional world he created is fine. the work is still independent, and if it never definitely asserts something then you're fine to believe whatever you want. there is no wrong or right

>>322823041
i don't know where you read that or got that from intuition but that's fine, i guess. just as long as people realize that hunters began with gehrman and laurence.
>>
>>322819270
lowest I got to her was around 60ish on my chikage build. I usually get to he around 80 or 90 nowadays.
>>
>>322823153
I find hyperbole entertaining
>>322823209
It's not shit if I like it anon, unless it is literally made out of shit but that's different. That doesn't make it objectively good art if that's what you're getting at but there's no such thing as that obviously.
>>
Does someone have the BB box art template?
>>
>>322822984
If a tailor made a Blue and Black dress, but plenty of people said it wasn't but instead Gold and White, it wouldn't make the dress Gold and White.
>>
File: 0 (48).webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0 (48).webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>322812169
git gud, parrying is ez.
>>
>>322821714
I know it's an idiom, and it's a fucking retarded one. The artist's interpretation of his own art is just as important as any other.
>>
File: Good Job.png (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Good Job.png
20 KB, 300x300
>>322823696
>a good analogy on /v/
>>
Anyone wanna get on and help..me with defiled watchdog of the old lords
>>
>>322823275
The creative process has nothing to do with the final product in an artistic sense. It's a final piece in a vaccum, nothing more and nothing less. It is removed from its creation as soon as it's finished.

I also didn't say I disagreed with Miyazaki per se, or that I thought what he was saying was stupid or preferred my own headcanon. I don't really care about rom that much. What I was saying is that if someone else think rom's a female just because the M, at this point just another critic/member of the audience when you think about it as a work of art, believes it's a female, said so, and him being the creator gives him some kind of special lease over past creations.

If walt disney said mickey was an andriod, that's his interpretation, and his view of the character. In a vaccum, if the art and the art alone doesn't convince you that he's an andriod he's not. He could be if you believed it independantly of disney's comments, though.
>>
>>322823765
And the artist clearly agrees or he would have said something differently when Miyazaki said she was female. See how simple that is?

Also an artist's opinion doesn't mean shit when they're literally told what to draw.
>>
>>322823959
Sure nigga, pass?
>>
>>322823959
BL? pass?
>>
Shoot at it until it dies
>>
>>322824006
Anon do you have any idea what's going on here, because I don't think you do.
>>
>>322824024
Looking it up one minute
>>
>>322823765
I agree, but not moreso. He has no definitive authority

>>322823696
I'm saying, what if a tailor made a red dress and told everyone it was black? What colour is the dress?
>>
how the fuck are bloodborne bosses even hard
can't you just shoot them till you win
>>
>>322824269
But he did not make a red dress and told everyone it was black. He made a black dress and told everyone it was black, and then you came in here getting mad because you thought it was a dark red, but it was actually black.
>>
>>322823552
the work isn't independent if it's bound by statements made by a person outside of its boundaries/content.
>>
>>322824350
Most guns do dick all for damage because they're meant for parrying/stunning as opposed to doing damage.
>>
>>322824024
>>322824126
Chalice glyph is wma2
Im Bl 130
>>
>>322823564
>unless it is literally made out of shit but that's different
I am saying that, but you're missing my point.

You seem to think everyone's opinions have the exact same weight. You're trying to simply art in the most inclusive way possible and not taking any account for taste at all. If someone has experienced more art than another person, they have a better frame of comparison to other art. If the only movie you've ever seen is Transformers, you're going to think its 10/10 GOAT. You have not seen all that there is in that genre or in general to form a pallet of potentially what movies are out there.

TLDR
Lots of autistic children like Sonic. They like it, so is it good? To them it is, but they're autistic so who gives a fuck what they think.
>>
>>322824350
guns don't do damage really. unless you use shit like the cannon with bone ash (damage boost to firearms) on it and even then you have like 2 or 3 shots depending on your runes.
>>
>>322824430
Answer the question, because we're talking about the logic in practise when interpreting a creator's extra-artistic statements or suggestions
>>
>>322824245
>>322824523
No, I mean put a password on in your network part, you don't need the dungeon glyph codes anymore, I can just use SRRC and find you as long as we both put in the same password

go to system > network > password matching and put a random password in then tell me what you put in here
>>
>>322824648
No, I will not.

For starters, I'm not the anon you had responded to.
Secondly, your question is of a completely irrelevant hypothetical situation. There is no reason to answer the question because answering the question will not lead to anything.
>>
>>322824468
you're an idiot. the work is always at the end of the day independent. much like the video of me having sex with your mother is a shameful part of my past, my urgent letters sent to xhamster to have it taken down are met with no replies.
>>
File: 1443952044934.png (347 KB, 800x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443952044934.png
347 KB, 800x480
>>322824521
>>322824608
>guns do less damage than a fucking sword
what the fuck is this dumb shit
>>
So whats paleblood? Is it the moon presence?

Also will we ever get a doujinshi of the prostitute and Iosefka being impregnated?
>>
>>322824269
The dress would be red, retard.
>>
>>322824716
Gotcha password is 'thanksm8'
As one word all lowercase
>>
>>322824563
Everyone's opinion is identical. Taste is subjective. Liking things is subjective. There is no 'good art' or 'bad art' on an objective levels. I think sonic is shit and the kids who like it have shit taste. That's my subjective opinion and it'd be stupid to claim I was objectively correct in saying it was shit even if I can explain my opinions on tangible concepts.

all opinions, objectively, have the exact same weight. If you want to believe big M's interpretation because you agree with it after inspection of the argument, that's all good. But it's not as simple a case as 'he made it, everything he says about it is right'
>>
>>322824986
You're one of those "Han shot first" retards, aren't you
>>
>>322824975
ringan now my man
>>
>>322824859
>implying a giant serrated clever through the skull would do less damage than a pellet from a blunderbuss.
>>
>>322824778
It's not irrelevant. We're talking about miyazaki here and whether his statements over the gender of a fictional spider-thing (christ) are binding simply because he made the game. If you think they are, you've got to be able to provide an answer to the problem I put forward.

>>322824795
If the work is independent then it can't be bound by what someone else says about it outside its boundaries, dickweed.
>>
>>322824859
The guns have a low enough muzzle velocity that you can dodge them on reflex, they aren't very powerful guns.

Even then, the cannon and the gatling gun still do decent damage. the only problem is they'll do a bit of damage and then you run out of ammo instantly.
>>
I hope DS3 has some fly sets like the Cainhurst set and the Knight's garb.
>>
>>322810213
He's pretty easy.
I beat him with the hunter axes transformed R2
>>
>>322825087
If anything what I'm saying suggests the opposite. If lucas says dumb shit about star wars under my philosophy I'm allowed to ignore it because it's just another fuck's interpretations. there's no midichlorians in 4 5 and 6. The rerelases are different works of art that do not alter the original releases in the slightest. Learn to actually comprehend what people post
>>
>>322810213
>just fight him normally until he turns into a werewolf
>then throw molotovs
EZPZ
>>
>>322810213
Hit him till he dies. Don't get hit. He's easy to parry in both forms and the music box is good for each form, you can always summon there but you should GIT GUD.
>>
>>322825353
It's completely irrelevant, because saying "the dress is red" will not affect the conversation at all. The conversation is not about a creator blatantly lying for no real reason, it's about a creator explaining something that was left a bit more ambiguous than he intended. As such, the dark red -> black analogy.
>>
>>322819270

118. Go get the /bbg/ guide for chalice dungeons. Took me two days to get to her.
>>
He's pretty easy when he has his normal ax. You can basically run in and whack him with the occasional side step. Parrying here is also pretty easy and gets fast damage. You'll have to be a bit more cautious when he extends the ax as he has sweeping attacks, range, and can combo you in. It's best to run in after him after he's finished, hit him a few times, and then run back. He can be pretty rough with parry times at this stage, and I would pretty much recommend against it unless you're pro. If he catches you, he can pretty much kill a character with low vit. For his next stage, parry timing is a lot simpler but you have to perform it fast. Side stepping will also work, but don't attack him a bunch of times. Throw a few molotovs if you have them on you.

Don't listen to the fags saying "Lol don't parry! No molotovs ever!" You are going to feel satisfied when you beat him if you had to post a thread on /v/ about it, so using helpful techniques won't dampen that for you. All that matters is that dopamine.
>>
>>322825353
it's not. is a person not independent of the thoughts projected upon him by others? miyazaki's comments can either be accepted or denied, much like any fan theories about certain ambiguous lore in the game.
>>
>>322825087
>>322825579
I thought you said 'han shot last', my b. My answer: in original releases he shot first, in the rereleases he didn't. Simple! There is no objective star wars canon
>>
>>322825159
Should I also summon queen killer?
>>
>>322825579
What you're saying is that the person who created it has no bearing on anything to you because you're so blinded and deluded by the concept of artistic interpretation you refuse to acknowledge that the creator is the final say.
>>
>>322825869
Yeah he's pretty based.
>>
>>322823736

>cainhurst armour
>executioners helmet

This triggers me.
>>
>>322825869
jesus no
>>
Parrying in bloodborne is the equivalent of playing the game on easy mode. In Dark Souls, parrying actually required some amount of skill, because if you missed your parry you were fucked. Being able to parry at range with guns has made parrying a no risk high reward move. Against bosses like father Gascoigne, it completely takes away the challenge and hence the fun. Don't go around telling people you platted bloodborne if you did so by parrying everything. You basically cheated if you parried through bloodborne.
>>
File: 1438815803850.jpg (39 KB, 369x369) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1438815803850.jpg
39 KB, 369x369
Go online and let the nerds do it for you.

That's what I did for Gascoigne and blood beast
>>
>>322825773
I agree with that though, what I'm trying to say is that him being the creator doesn't mean you HAVE to agree with him, as >>322818715
etc were saying.

You can if you believe him and agree with his interpretation.
>>
>>322826042
This senpai
>>
>>322825965
Should I be set to worldwide or local?
>>
File: 1437408298607.jpg (43 KB, 332x396) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1437408298607.jpg
43 KB, 332x396
>Go online and let the nerds do it for you.
>
> That's what I did for Gascoigne and blood beast
>>
>>322825917
>deluded
It's the truth, believing otherwise misses the point of art entirely. Art isn't a factual thing that you're meant to 'decipher' to a correct conclusion that only the creator knows. It's SUBJECTIVE. Too autistic to think outside of absolutes? I know it's hard, rain main.
>>
>>322821762
Got to be some what close to him. Don'y abuse the more you use it the less it effects him it also speeds up transformation
>>
>>322826308
>Too autistic to think outside of absolutes?

I would ask you that, since you take the idea of artistic interpretation as absolute as you do.
>>
>>322826268
>>322826053
stop
>>322826042
dear god
>>
>>322826231
Worldwide nigga
>>
>>322810213
parry
>>
>>322821357
Gherman was the first hunter
He was a hunter for Byrgenwerth, he was the one that devised the hunters fighting style after the Cainhurst knights got their asses kicked in the Pthumarian tombs. Maria and Ludwig where his first apprentices.

He continued to hunt in Yharnam after Laurence founded the Healing Church, but he and Laurence had a falling out and Laurence recruited Ludwig to found and train the Church Hunters.
>>
>>322817030
>there are people in this thread who didn't know you could use the music box on Gaston.
>>
>>322826042
Mechanics like parrying were put in the game to make the casuals happy. Not everyone can just play Souls games all day like you. Some people have lives outside of shitposting on /v/ and playing shitty from soft games. At least from soft is making an attempt to appeal to their core audience.
>>
>>322826424
But my opinion allows you to either agree or disagree based on your own subjective take on the art, whereas your retarded philosophy binds you to accept whatever the author says about his work outside of its boundries as canon. Accept that art is subjective before you try talking about it like you know shit
>>
Who else here /pizzacutter/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTsczo1IO44
>>
I sound so bad for saying this but how do you actually parry in Bloodborne?
Do i need a certain weapon or something?
You think i would have figured this out by now.
>>
>>322826619
Art is subjective except where it is clearly stated by the creator.

I sincerely hate what impressionists have fucking done to art.
>>
>>322826638
It will never replace based saw "dps out of the ass" cleaver
>>
>>322826638

I love how aggressive you can be with the memesaw.

>running r2
>dashing attacks
>backstep attacks
>>
>>322826852
you shoot the people just as they attack
>>
>>322826231
Try changing the password to 'kek', I always get a feeling long passwords fuck it up or some shit, shouldn't be taking this long.

You ringan your bell at te layer 2 lamp?
>>
>>322826865
If it's clearly stated by the creator IN THE ART then sure. If not, that's fucking wrong, retard. If goya said that saturn devouring his son was actually an attempt to draw a sunflower, would it be a painting of a sunflower? There is no objectivity in art in any case whatsoever you fucking. mongoloid.
>>
>>322827090
key it is. And yes I am
>>
>>322824986
I can tell we're never going to come to an agreed conclusion on this one. So let me at least let me try to explain it better.

I generally hate it when people can't explain why they like something. "I like this because I like it" is the most retarded non-logic I can think of, it's senseless. But that's opinions, they are literally subjective, they can't be wrong. But it doesn't mean I have to respect them. I'd like to be believe most people do the same and actually use their brains.

If you can explain why you like something with a level of rationalization then you have formed a justification, and even if people don't agree with you, they get where you're coming from.

If a child says "I like Sonic cuz he goes fast", I'd think "Going fast to the point where you lack control isn't a well thought out system for a platformer with bottomless pits, games X, Y and Z do the genre better because you have more control over what you're doing."

Neither of us are "wrong", but I at least made some kind a case for my reasoning.

>But it's not as simple a case as 'he made it, everything he says about it is right'

Explain to me how that's not true. He MADE it, it is his, how can you say what is his is not? It is impossible for you to know it better than the person that made it.
>>
>>322826852
you have to use a firearm and shoot someone as they're doing the wind up for their attack

problem is, not every attack *can* be parried and the game doesn't do a great job telling you which ones can be. You have to "figure it out" aka, trial and error BS
>>
>>322827349
Not key kek
>>
>>322819270
usually around 80 since I don't go past that
>>
>>322825579
You're justifying head cannon.

You are creating your own reality and choosing to live it in.

You are delusional.
>>
>>322827189
And here's where you argument continuously falls apart. No fucking artist would say shit that never actually fucking happened.

>What if Lucas said that Obi-Wan never died after fighting Vader
>what if Bowser actually wasn't evil and has never tried to kill Mario
>>
>>322826308
I'm sorry bud, the prequels happened. It sucks, but it happened. Grow up and move on, stop living in your closed off bubble.
>>
>>322810959
Hurr durr using a basic element of the gameplay is cheating
>>
what the fuck did that caged nigger mean when he said "kos but some say kosm"? like what value does that fucking add.
>>
>>322827970
from a certain pint of view, Obi-wan didn't die
>>
>>322828170
His physical body died. Lucas could have come up with some bullshit about how force ghosts can regenerate their bodies, but that wouldn't change the fact that Obi-Wan did, in fact, perish, and Lucas would never claim otherwise.
>>
>>322826308
You are creating your own reality, and choosing to live in it.
>>
Ringan again watchdogbro
>>
>>322828329
he is just living on though the force. he traded one version of life for another

there is no death, there is the force
>>
>>322827464
I'm not asking you or saying it's good to respect opinion that in your opinion are baseless or that you disagree with. I know I don't. But at the same time, you have to acknowlege that you're not objectively correct. explaining an opinion doesn't make it more correct, but it generally makes for better discourse/conversation and helps explain your point of view. It just doesn't validate it moreso on any objective level if you catch my drift.

>Explain to me how that's not true. He MADE it, it is his, how can you say what is his is not? It is impossible for you to know it better than the person that made it.

He said that after it was made. That's what he believes, but it's not IN the art. It doesn't matter that he made it, when it's released it is what it is. The key here is boundries. He's not objectively correct, even if he made it and even if you agree with him. It was his when he was making it, but when it was finished it is no longer 'his'. There's no sense in prescribing someone with an arbitrary position of authority on a work of art when at the end of the day it's all down to interpretation.
>>
>>322810213
Use the music box to stun him.
He's weak to fire.
Parry.
>>
File: Vader1.jpg (82 KB, 992x951) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Vader1.jpg
82 KB, 992x951
>>322828170
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, OBI-WAN ISN'T DEAD!
>>
Sorry for dying bud. But my vit>>322828481
Im sorry for getting one shotted
>>
>>322823807
>It's not a food analogy for once
>>
>>322828693
THEN YOU ARE TRULY LOST
>>
the tiny music box makes this fight pathetic
>>
>How do I beat X?
>Just use this cheese strat I found in a guide/on youtube

Fuck me, are all of you this casual? Is anyone here left here that has managed to beat the game without the need to look up guides?
>>
>>322828065
I never watched the films as a kid. I speak as someone who's really into art and artistic theory, not someone who doesn't like jar jar binks enough to close my ears.

>>322827970
What are you talking about? How does this link to what I'm saying at all? I'm talking about how a creator's comments or subsequent creations can't retroactively affect or change an original work of art, not fucking fanfiction. Have you had a bad star wars related experience?

>>322828368
I'm treating works of art as individual works of art, not some strange legal system tied to their creator.
>>
>>322819270
my guy was cap at 80 because i was using a cleaver build
>>
>>322827970
Wait, you're agreeing with me here. If Lucas said obi wan never died, it doesn't mean shit. I'm glad you see my side of thinking now. It's all about points of view, man.
>>
>>322829007
I'm saying you're strawmanning, you fucking negro.
>>
>>322828904
>>322828170
>obi wan build
>plunging attacks only
>>
>>322828695
Ok, let's not summon queen killer this time, I think too man people sends watchdog doing that charge shit like 50 times in a row kek
>>
>>322829193
You're genuinely retarded, aren't you?

Your examples are completely irrelevant because they would never fucking happen.
>>
>>322821285
H.R. Giger Souls when?
>>
>>322815231

yeah don't ruin the fucking game for yourselves like that you fucking scrubs

legit half the fun of the game is not knowing whats coming around the next corner because after you clear an area once it becomes almost trivial if you ever need to run through it again

not knowing if the npc in the distance is good or is going to fuck your shit up

ah kos or some say kosm... others just say git fucking gud
>>
File: 45645312312.jpg (38 KB, 542x474) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
45645312312.jpg
38 KB, 542x474
>Endless blood splashes of people sudokoing around the Doll at the Old Workshop.
>>
>>322829232
Well I'm clearly not so actually respond to my argument instead of just saying it's falling apart of forever be the true bitch-ass cracka.
>>
Try beating to a pulp
>>
>>322829426
It's all about the logic, retard. IF you believe the artist has the final word regardless, the ridiculousness of a potential claim from an artist doesn't matter. Have you thought about this for more than a fucking second, bro?
>>
>>322810213

I summoned help both times.

I'm not ashamed of it.
>>
>>322829503
>Not know about sudokoing
>See all the bloodsplashes
>Think the doll is the toughest fucker in the game and avoid trying to hurt her.
>>
>>322829864
Except the logic doesn't work, since in every situation it would be a reasonable retcon. There is literally nothing wrong with Greedo shooting last and there is literally nothing wrong with Miyazaki saying Rom is female.
>>
>>322830079
Greedo shooting first, rather, not last. Was going to say "Han shooting last" at first but changed my mind and messed up.
>>
>>322828579
Explain an opinion makes it more rational. You'll never shake personal preference since it is still subjective, but you're giving a justification through elements and facts.

But justifications are fodder in a debate, and not all debates are black and white. If your justification is more rational, you win out that debate, generally. Your opinion, in this case, is the winning opinion. Not everyone is going to hold that opinion, but at least people understand where you're coming from.

>That's what he believes, but it's not IN the art.
Nigga, Bloodborne lore is as obtuse as it comes
Here is what we know:
Rom was an enlightened scholar blessed by Kos, or Kosm.
The boss makes little spiders, like what female spiders do, since for a male spider to reproduce, it needs to be decapitated.

Before the word from Miyazaki, one could infer given simply logic that Rom was a woman turned spider. The fact Miyazaki said she was a woman should be in the nail in the coffin for that argument.
>>
>>322830079
Do you or do you not think that whatever an artist says about a piece of art he's made has to be the truth in the context of that piece of art? In other words, does the artist have the final say?
>>
File: 1387310196224.png (31 KB, 223x216) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1387310196224.png
31 KB, 223x216
>this autist actually arguing against what Miyazaki said
Sweet christ, some of the people here are seriously autistic.
>>
File: 1365234448712.jpg (25 KB, 244x662) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1365234448712.jpg
25 KB, 244x662
>>322828975
>tfw I have played through every game on release day. Even DeS.
finding shit before it's widely known always feels good.
>>
>>322830286
Yes, the artist does. The hypothetical super-ridiculous situations would literally never occur, so if you try to interject more of your bullshit, I'm just not going to bother with your genuine retardation anymore.
>>
>>322828579
>That's what he believes, but it's not IN the art
What in the art implies Rom is a male? Nothing. Nothing implies it being male or female but the creator said its female. He contradicted nothing.

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh thank you so much watchdogbro I couldn't have done it without you.
>>
>>322830208
Winning a debate and being objectively right are different things, I think. Obviously being more rational will make others more likely to sway and agree with you, and you will be able to question people's stances, but at its core your belief will only be as 'objectively correct' as anyone else's, rational or irrational.

I agree that it's possible for Rom to be female. I don't think Miyazaki saying it/she is should make anyone else believe that she/it/xhe/smee/spree/twee pop is, as it's just another opinion. It doesn't come from within the work itself.
>>
>>322830635
No worries nigga, If you want help with defiled amy just say, I got a bit more time before bed
>>
File: The_one.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
The_one.png
1 MB, 1280x720
So I was exploring post-Blood Moon Hypogean Gaol, went around a carriage, saw something shiny and mashed X to pick up an item, and accidentally summoned Old Hunter Defector Antal, and then proceeded to take out the One Reborn with Antal's help by just whacking his middle over and over. Am I a filthy, casual scrub, or can I be forgiven for this accidental cheating?
>>
>>322830483
Except it's not about whether they would or wouldn't occur, it's about the law in question. 'Whatever the artist says goes unless It's ridiculous, IE I don't agree/like it' isn't a law. It's a half-thought-out non-stance. Either you believe it fully or you don't, that's the nature of believing in such a law.

>>322830579
Stop getting mad.
I didn't say he contradicted anything, I'm just saying that it's his interpretation and nothing else. It doesn't mean anything more than anyone else's.
>>
>>322831052
He's a stupidly easy boss anyway, you didn't miss out on a good fight.
>>
>>322831052
you did fine
>gimping yourself to make the game harder
don't be that guy
>>
File: 1396534470547.png (194 KB, 478x380) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1396534470547.png
194 KB, 478x380
>>322831125
>applying art standards and conventions to video games
>>
>>322831692
when discussing narrative and other such artistic facets why shouldn't you
>>
File: orphan of kos.jpg (645 KB, 842x1235) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
orphan of kos.jpg
645 KB, 842x1235
jesus christ this thread went to hell

whatever

who is your favorite dlc boss and why is it this mad motherfucker?
>>
File: 1.jpg (38 KB, 430x808) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
38 KB, 430x808
>>322829909
>>322829503
How do I sudoku?
>>
>>322831125
It IS about whether they would or wouldn't, since the law would never be broken.

The Impressionists really did a deal on your brain, didn't they?
>>
>>322831891
Maria, because she's pretty...

Also because her fight is super cool.
>>
>>322823552
That's 'death of the author' you mongrel. It's also pleb tier literary analysis initially designed within a historical context that focused primarily on realism. The actual argument presupposes that the creator has no 'extra' authority over any individual when it comes to the canon of his or her works because, and follow along here, this bit is important: --works of the time were primarily grounded in the real world--. Applying "Death of the Author" to fantasy contexts is not only retarded but also shows a profound lack of understanding of the theory as a whole. In short; go back to whatever shithole liberal arts community college you crawled out of and educate yourself before spewing out theories and buzzwords.

People who use "Death of the Author" nowadays are generally snobs who lack the actual talent needed to create something and instead need to find other outlets to prove their superiority, going so far as to say that they understand works better than the creator of the work does.
>>
File: 1451616168522.png (322 KB, 1089x904) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451616168522.png
322 KB, 1089x904
>>322831930
you kill someones waifu by being a jealous cunt
>>
File: kitty cat.png (5 KB, 531x357) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kitty cat.png
5 KB, 531x357
>>322831962
I drew you a picture of a cat. I drew it so I know it's a cat. Do you like my picture of a cat? It's a cat, by the way.
>>
>>322832130
Thank you for, once again, proving your retardation.
>>
File: 1451700156049.jpg (104 KB, 600x366) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451700156049.jpg
104 KB, 600x366
>>322831891
Lady Maria, because she has wonderful boss theme music, is pretty, and she slowly walks towards you allowing you enough time to bow as a proper hunter should
>>322831930
>>
>>322832201
I'm an artist. I just drew that. By your logic, which you follow because it'd never come to the point that I literally just brought it to, it's a cat. Why doesn't your law apply? are you going to tell me this situation isn't real? You haven't thought this through.
>>
>>322831930
Equip the Chikage, Wheel or Bloodletter and trick them a bunch. Or spam the Bloodletter's L2 because it causes Frenzy.
>>
>>322832581
Is this a joke. Are you actually behaving this much like a child on purpose?
>>
Reading a bunch of mouthbreathing video game nerds trying to understand higher cognitive concepts like death of the artist has been truly hilarious thanks anons for posting in here!!!
>>
>>322832706
Call me a child after you've effortlessly destroyed my argument. The situation you described as something that would never happen just happened. Not in a grand scale, but that's irrelevant. Tell me whether you think I drew a cat or not. You're just looking stupid by backtracking.
>>
>>322832757
It's not funny, it's sad.
>>
YOU PLAGUE RIDDEN RAT
>>
>>322833061
I have already destroyed your argument. Pretending as if you have any point by continuously creating strawmen to tear down and keep your morale up is just sad.
>>
>>322832130
You have drawn an awful picture of a cat. You evidently have very little understanding of basic elements of visual art such as perspective, light sources and shading.

In addition, your picture of a cat looks absolutely nothing like a cat. If you insist on claiming that what you have drawn is 'a cat' I would question whether you have ever actually seen a cat or merely assumed to know what one is.

Essentially, yes, your picture is of a cat, it's just absolutely fucking awful on every level, including a basic understanding of what a cat is.
>>
Can anyone help me kill kos?
>>
>>322833182
Thats just your interpretation.
>>
>>322833708
kosm*
>>
>>322833415
Where? The delusion is real. For your sake, never try to discuss anything remotely artistic with anyone with an iota of interest in the subject or you'll make yourself look like a right tit.
>>322833459
I'm glad you think that's a cat. Just confirm the following for me: You look at that picture and you see cat, not flower, which I admit it looks a lot like despite being, in fact, a cat. Despite it being a much better flower than a cat by many many miles, the simple act of me telling you it's a cat because of my arbitrary, artistically irrelevant position of the creator of 'kitty cat' (pixels on ms paint, 2016) makes it a cat in your eyes.

Also, if I change my mind after you confirm this in the event that you do and tell you it's ACTUALLY a DOG, where does that leave you?
>>
>>322833972
reeeeeeeee either it's objectively funny or sad let's ask the person who made the post
>>
>>322834310
>For your sake, never try to discuss anything remotely artistic with anyone with an iota of interest in the subject or you'll make yourself look like a right tit.
Don't worry, I'll learn from your example.
>>
>>322833708
>>322834006
Isn't Kos, or as some say Kosm, already dead?
>>
>>322834637
I'm waiting for your response, or are you done trying to salvage the wreck of an argument you're attempting to make that's just descended into mindless antagonism for the sake of your pride on an anonymous image board
>>
>>322834830
>great ones
>dying

tell that to Mergo
>>
>>322834882
I gave up trying to convince you to not be a retard many, many posts ago. You're just far too deluded to do much more than make fun of at this point.
>>
>>322830684
>as it's just another opinion
No see, it's not an opinion, it's a creation. Whether he conveyed it's design well enough is at the fault of the artist, but he created it, it is his, you can't know more about it them him.

If I drew a quadrupedal stick figure and said "This is a lion", would you say "No, it is a dog because I see a dog" or would you say "That's a shitty looking lion".
>>
>>322835268
You're calling me deluded when in 2016 you're grunting angrily at impressionists like some kind of autistic Neanderthal?
>>
>>322834882
>>322835558

You are creating your own reality, and choosing to live in it.
>>
>>322835501
I'd say it looks more like a dog to me if it looked like a dog.

A creation is a creation, yes, and that's the art itself. What comes after, or that which is in miyazaki's head but not in BB, is just an opinion. there's a clear separation. Assuming there's no secret text we haven't found and that we've discovered the entire work of art, Miyazaki does not have 'knowlege' that others don't about the game in its current form. He has his ideas, his thoughts and his inspirations, and even his interpretations. but that's not objective knowledge now that the game has been released.
>>
>>322810213
Connect your controller
>>
>>322810213
just parry him you casual

beat him first try, nignog's probably the easiest boss in the game
>>
>>322835501
>itt expressionism vs. impressionism: The shitpostocalypse
>>
>>322836016
But here is where this breaks down:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion

noun
1.
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

For Miyazaki, there is no belief or judgement. You can't not believe in something you made, you made it. It is not objectionable, it is concrete. There is complete certainty in his mind, for it is his. No on else made it, just him.

Rom being a female, by definition is not an opinion to Miyazaki. Therefore it is not subjective.
>>
>>322836737
Just because he made it, there isn't suddenly proof within BB sufficient enough to make it objective by any stretch of the imagination
>>
>>322836737
TLDR: Rom's a girl
>>
>>322837304
To miyazaki, perhaps. It's not objectively anything.
>>
>>322837251
>>322837750

No, you're backpedaling over what you said.
>What comes after, or that which is in miyazaki's head but not in BB, is just an opinion

But what is in Miyazaki's head, by literal definition is not an opinion because
A) It does not require belief or judgement for support
B) There are no insufficient certainty of the creation since there is no grounds for speculation.

In his mind, he does not think, Anon, he KNOWS. What literally everyone else in the world could only think or assume, he knows.

Now if you want to debate the definition of opinion, you'd make a stronger case. But as it stands, it is by definition not an opinion.
>>
>>322837750
No you idiot, Rom is a girl. That's not debatable.
>>
File: 1447733189060.png (46 KB, 185x182) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447733189060.png
46 KB, 185x182
>>322838032
>>
>>322817981
>>322822114
>>322823490

MAH. FUCKING. NIGGA.
>>
>>322838032
So if Bloodborne DLC or a patch came out that referred to Rom as a male, you would still insist that it's female because Miyazaki, outside of the game, said that it was?
>>
>>322838602
And James Cameron said that Arnold was the bad guy in Terminator 2 for the promotion of the movie. People can lie, Anon.
>>
>>322838484
Are you really not gonna retort?

It's been like 2 hours, not even an "Ok, you have a point"?
>>
>>322838602
>if
Hypothetical situations that haven't happened don't really affect what something is right now
>>
>>322839684
The point is that nothing in-game stats that Rom is female, therefore you CAN debate whether or not it's female, since the only confirmation one way or the other is from an outside source. I believe that Rom is most likely female, but it's incorrect to say that it's a certainty.
>>
>>322826042
> miss a parry with a shield
> still blocks some of the damage

Sure, guns have range but plenty of enemies dont attack until they get close. So most of the time you're firing point blank.
>>
>>322839928
>>322838792
Hey, are you just gonna side step this.
>>
>>322832070
This post was unfairly ignored, because it's completely fucking right.
>>
>>322839628
The only reply I've made in this thread is >>322836662
mr redditor
>>
>>322840238
My bad, want to have this delusional faggot admit he was wrong. Bother times you replied to me btw.

Also its sad any argument about art or theory can get tabled with redditor.
>>
File: 1449689505041.jpg (56 KB, 592x492) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449689505041.jpg
56 KB, 592x492
literally beat this guy today on the first try
just jump behind when he trys to attack you get two hits then move to left or right depending on where you are so you dont get shot repeat 8 times hes dead
>>
File: BfBxn3ICUAAPaCn.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BfBxn3ICUAAPaCn.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
>>322826042
>In Dark Souls, parrying actually required some amount of skill
>>
>>322840680
>Bother
Holy shit my English is bad today
>>
>>322826042
>In Dark Souls, parrying actually required some amount of skill
Sure pal.
>>
File: 3543543535343.jpg (72 KB, 706x1024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3543543535343.jpg
72 KB, 706x1024
Anyone available for Ludwig?
Lvl 75, set password to:

>rapehors
>>
>>322840119
Partials had pretty strict timing and were taken out of DaS2 which is one of the reasons why that game is miserable.

That guy is stupid because parrying is a huge part of the game, but you should also never be parrying point blank because with guns like Evelyn, you'll just fire over them somehow. Also parrying in Bloodborne has an even better failure case than a partial, where you get the stagger and the damage and avoid the hit even if you miss the parry window.
>>
>>322841189
das2 doesn't exist
>>
>>322841189
Parrying in ds2 is actually hardest parry confirmed.

BB is a joke, and ds1 had partial parry, minimizing the risk for a badly timed parry.

In ds2 if you mistime that shit you gonna be needing dat estus
>>
>>322810213
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LamWoHTfY34

>threaded cane in whip mode
>tombstones to the right of the entrance as a buffer until beast mode
>climb stairs
>when he jumps to top of stairs, run down stairs then run beside them
>stay close enough that he stays on stairs
>now have a handrail to create a buffer

Seriously, I suck major ass at the game and I found him pretty easy. I had to come up with this strategy because I can't even parry 99% of the enemies, and that is all anyone would suggest back when the game first came out.
>>
>>322841957
>transformed cane
literally unskilled and a meme weapon
keep your cane transformed if you're good
>>
How the fuck do I beat the Shadows of Yharnam? I got so frustrated I put the game down a few weeks ago and haven't picked it back up.
>>
>>322842321
Hide behind the little pillar thing and parry them to death or spam hard knockdown attacks like Hunter's Axe R2.
>>
File: 4L_G6gzOYym.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4L_G6gzOYym.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>322810213
AWOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>322842192
You just talked in a circle there. Are you trying to saying whip mode is OP and you should use whip mode if you are good? Because that is literally what you said.

Also, I found cane mode to be easier to use than whip mode, so I don't see why you would call it OP.
>>
File: 1310571199108.jpg (479 KB, 2320x2530) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1310571199108.jpg
479 KB, 2320x2530
>>322841957
Christ, is the AI worse than Skyrim's?
The other bosses aren't as easily cheesed, right?
>>
>>322842321
Honestly most of the bosses just anger me. Maybe because they're designed for someone in an aggressive mindset and I just fucking hate being aggressive because it only ever causes me to tunnel and get myself killed.

Maybe this game just isn't for me, regardless of how "easy" or "casual" /v/ claims.
>>
>>322842553
whip mode is for unskilled peasants like you who can't even read, Use the cane form if you're skilled.
>>
File: 13213123.jpg (1 MB, 1480x2093) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
13213123.jpg
1 MB, 1480x2093
>>322841382
No one?
>>
>>322842468
>>322842321
I've always just used hit and run tactics. Get a running hit on one, run away, and repeat. Every now and then if you get one behind the pillar with the other 2, especially the ranged user, out of sight, then go to town for a little bit. Just don't get greedy.
>>
>>322842726
To be fair I think all the huge bosses in Souls games are massive assholes.
BB is no exception.
>>
>>322841424
True, but larger enemies won't stagger with pistols shots. The blunderbuss will work for those but that has to be fired at closer range with a delay so it balances it out.
>>
>>322842321
If it gets that frustrating just summon some help. You can do them properly on your next character.
>>
>>322842726
They're not really meant for an aggressive mindset. In fact, I'd say for the larger bosses, you kind of have to play defensively the way you would in any other Souls game because of how shit the camera gets, making the fights a huge scramble. The only difference is that you get health back for taking a risk. For example, Laurence is straight up a DaS2 boss. All you can really do to be safe is wait for him to do an attack, dodge into and through the attack, get a hit, and then back off because he'll do his counterswipe.

>>322842787
Seriously just parry them, you're invincible during it. Or failing that, grab the biggest, heaviest weapon you have, stand behind the pillar, and charge R2. That's all you have to do.
>>
>>322842736
I'll help out. Be there in a minute.
>>
>>322842976
Blunderbuss still leaves you plenty of time to dash forward and visceral. More than the Augur of Ebrietas anyway, which is what I was using last playthrough for parries and that worked out just fine.
>>
>>322843309
Yeah it gives you enough time for the visceral but I think the shot is delayed as well?

Or at least it seemed that way.
>>
>>322843101
Thanks.
>>
>>322843081
Maybe it just proves that I was a shieldcrutch faggot the entire time.I thought I was decent because I completed a few SL1 runs in Dark Souls, but bloodborne is making me rethink that (and then Scholar of the First Sin is making me rethink my rethinking (because I got it for christmas and never played the adjusted placements and all of the DLC)).

Help
>>
>>322842735
>whip mode is for unskilled peasants like you who can't even read
>can't even read
Dude, look at my first post. I already said I'm an unskilled peasant, so now you are just being a retarded parrot.

Second;

>transformed cane
>literally unskilled
>keep your cane transformed if you're good
You said whip mode is unskilled, yet you literally said keep your can in whip mode if you're good. I don't need to learn how to read. You need to learn how to type. You meant;
>keep your cane untransformed if you're good

Also, I played 90% of the game in cane mode because the cane is a lot easier to use than the whip. Whip's range isn't good for anything other than cheesing PvP. Cane is better at staggering enemies, and is quicker. Plus if you miss the enemy, you aren't even really punished in cane mode. Cane mode is easy mode.

>>322842695
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh0hXjAYUw4

I'm just really good at finding flaws in bosses because I suck at the game. Gascoigne is probably the easiest to cheese though.

>>322843081
>Seriously just parry them, you're invincible during it.
I'm horrible at parry timing in this game. I had to learn how to beat the game without parry because I fail at it almost every single time.
>>
>>322833219
this town's finished
>>
File: 1451528422122.jpg (270 KB, 1500x1269) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451528422122.jpg
270 KB, 1500x1269
>>322843789
My pleasure.
>>
>>322843896
I don't know then. I find Bloodborne way more forgiving than Dark Souls outside of a handful of bosses.

Then again I actually use my Blood Echoes. Apparently everyone else hordes them and never levels.
>>
>my first few tries against the witch(es) of hemwick not realising that I didn't have to fight the summons

christ. It'd be cool if there was a bossfight that was like that but with more obvious and dire ramifications if you get spotted. it'd make it much more tense if you'd pay for getting too close rather than just dodging away effortlessly
>>
>>322834882
Not the Anon you're arguing with, but I get what you're trying to say. I am of the impression that the artist has final say in what's going on in their work. After all, they're the ones who created it and they're the driving force of the work.

The minute they start saying shit about their work that doesn't really make sense to the audience that claims to have understood it, their credibility is shattered.

It raises the question if the work was ever good to begin with though, if the creator can't act consistently within the rules they laid out within their work.
>>
>>322810213
By hitting him until his HP is 0.
>>
people think missing a parry in BB has no consequence, but most enemy attacks will hit you if you miss a parry because they all move the enemy so far forward. Not to mention missing a parry on a grab attack you are pretty much dead.
>>
File: noidea.jpg (34 KB, 422x309) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
noidea.jpg
34 KB, 422x309
I accidentally NG+ before I had the chance to do the DLC and shit is fucking hard as balls in it's current state. I also missed a bunch of stuff and locations like Iosefka's clinic, Cainhurst, Nightmare Frontier and others, coupled with me levelling up based on what I think needs to be levelled, should I just start a new character to do all of those or should I stick with my current one?
>>
>>322844530
Well I did learn that I shouldn't topload endurance like you do in Dark Souls. I'm considering just restarting (I got to Vicar Amelia before I just can't fucking handle her) and leveling vitality or whatever the stat for health is called.
>>
>>322845041
>the DLC and shit is fucking hard as balls in it's current state
The DLC is actually noticeably harder than the regular game, even in a fresh game. You might want to start a new game, but I don't know how much difficulty a single NG+ adds to it to begin with.

If you start a new game, I would probably aim for 30 health before taking on the DLC.
>>
>>322845041
No reason not to make a new one. Just try a new build or fix one you liked before.
>>
When is the best time to try the dlc? Should I wait until I complete the game?
>>
>>322842468
>>322842787
>>322843081
>>322843012
Thanks for the advice. I'll try again tomorrow.
>>
>>322845759
30 health, unlock Caryll runes, and join the new hunters guild in the forest. Once you've done that you should be ready to take on the DLC, albeit it will still be a decent bit difficult.
>>
I'm just wondering if anyone has discovered my way to cheese the blood starved beast and the hunter with the gatling gun near the beginning of the DLC.
>>
>>322845364
Oh, yeah. Well it doesn't matter that much. I did the same thing on my first character and ended up with some ridiculous amount of endurance. You get a lot of levels in this game.

For Vicar Amelia, use fire paper, it eats her alive.
>>
Hit him without being hit.
>>
>>322819270
Don't remember the exact lvl, but it was around 100, 105, maybe? As soon as I reached the fire werewolf on defiled I just stopped, played ng+ and put a ton of points on health, after that it wasn't nearly as hard to do the rest of the chalices.
>>
>>322846589
I wouldn't say discovered because I can't reproduce it, but in my last playthrough, the gatling gun hunter jump attacked through a wall and fell to his death and I still got his gear.

The blood-starved beast is just a blood-starved beast though. Parry, dodge left and towards. You can even get him caught on the environment with the ramp to really take the bite out of his charge attacks.
>>
>>322846589
For blood-starved, have your torch equipped so the smaller beasts are less reluctant to hit you. You don't need the actual light just have it out. It still works if your weapon's L1 is a two-hander.

You can then throw blood cocktails to distract blood-starved while you heal, go for a charge attack, or deal with the small guys.

Nothing I can say about gatling man other than dodge around him and spam blunderbuss to try and parry him.
>>
>ctrl+f git gud
>only 8 results
The fuck?git gud
>>
>tfw hes so easy on NG+

its like hes not even scaled up
>>
>>322811807
>tonight's hunt
>tonight
Hehe
>>
>>322846950
>>322846982
When I say cheese, I really mean cheese. What I did was ran past the gatling gun user, lured BSB outside of the cave until he couldn't get past the environment. Then just take my free hits on him till he dies. Then I go back into the cave, and clear out the small enemies while avoiding GGH. Finally when he is alone, I run past him, fall off the cliff and hide at the bottom, but a little to the left. This is actually a blind spot for him so he will go back to his starting point. Then I go for a free back attack, and run away to my hiding spot. Rinse and repeat until he is dead. Almost 100% guaranteed easy victory.
>>
>>322819270
I reached her at and beat her 73

you just have to be patient and not rushy especially when babby cries
>>
Father paparelli, the power button is a one hit ko on him.
>>
>>322825412
>>322824859
>>322824521
not to mention lore wise, you cover more of the body with melee weapons

not to mention normal ammunition is ineffective that you have to use quick silver or your own new fancy blood that makes you stronger then most humans

so even guns of today would still not be as effective

and a bow is more effective
>>
>>322832130
I drew you a picture of a flower.
This flower also comes in shades of pink and yellow. You can't see it, but I can confirm that my creation canonically has varying colours.
>>
File: 1398217273841.jpg (15 KB, 172x227) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1398217273841.jpg
15 KB, 172x227
>>322847434
Oh I see.
that doesn't sound like too much fun tho
>>
How to NG+ Darkbeast Paarl? Fuck this electric asshole.
>>
>>322849210
Don't lock on and try to aim for his legs.
>>
>>322849210
Man, fuck that thing. Does rolling through it to repeatedly bait out the AoE and get a couple free hits still work? That's how I beat Loran Darkbeast.

Whatever you do, don't lock on, and use a weapon with some range. The camera is unbelievably shitty during that fight.
>>
>>322832130
>>322832130

Get learnt, you stupid kids.

http://www.tbook.constantvzw.org/wp-content/death_authorbarthes.pdf
>>
>>322848638
>that doesn't sound like too much fun tho
Why not? The "normal" way to do it is repetitive and is just a reliance on you having good reflexes and timing. Sure, you sometimes have new patterns to learn, but that is very limited. My way of playing involves exploring the environment in the middle of a fight, breaking down enemy attacks and their interactions with the environment, and then finding a way to use their AI to my advantage. I don't handle a single fight in the same manner as a previous fight, thus keeping each fight fresh and new. At the end of it, my success was a reward for critical thinking rather than pure dexterity. I find it to be a great deal of fun.

The only way I wouldn't find it to be so much fun is if I read someone else's way to cheese the enemy, and went strait to that.
>>
>>322850173
Well I just meant the act of repeatedly running in and out of his range to do the backstabs doesn't sound like too much fun.

I don't really mind finding ways to cheese the game since admittedly at times, it's rather bullshit.
>>
>>322849210
>>322849401
>>322849552
I beat him the first time just whack in on his head with the saw cleaver. Stunned him tons of times. Does he get that much tougher?
>>
>>322849210
>no lockon
>use a weapon that has a huge stun lock like a hammer
>knock him onto ground repeatedly
He's just one of those bosses that is all about bringing the right tool for the job.
>>
How to get to Iosefka's from the Forbidden Forest? I went up the path behind the dog cages, through a cave and ended up in a poison lake with a bunch of giants which fucked my shit up before in the first cycle.
>>
>>322832130
What you're doing isn't open to interpretation. You're trying to change what the audience perceives by defying logic.

A better example would be if an artist drew a unisex character and then cleared up confusion by stating the sex of the character.

Which in this case is EXACTLY WHY THIS SHIT STARTED. Because Rom's sex is unknown at first glance because of the unique design.
>>
>>322851043
Keep going. Run past and bring an antidote.
>>
>>322850720
>the act of repeatedly running in and out of his range to do the backstabs
Yeah, that part I can understand. Being around lvl 40, and continuously dying to the GGH in a fair fight is even more annoying though. I'm a little OCD, so I HATE leaving spots unexplored and enemies undefeated, so I had to find some way to beat their gay shit. It doesn't help that BSB is one of the hardest, if not the hardest, boss to me in the entire game. That includes chalice dungeon bosses too.
>>
>>322851151
It branches of into three different paths though from what I can see, which one should I take?
>>
>>322851058
>spider
>brings along more spiders
Now way that's not female. It's like a trope or something. Spiders are damn near always female.
>>
>>322851314
It condenses. Back of the cave is one path uphill.
>>
>>322851484
Thanks senpai
>>
>>322851345
>Spiders are damn near always female.
Aren't all the spiders with masks in the game male?
>>
File: laurence.jpg (480 KB, 1423x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
laurence.jpg
480 KB, 1423x768
>rarely have to try more than once on a boss, even notorious ones like Ludwig I usually beat on my second or third try, using threaded cane at that
>this fucking flaming furry faggot annihilates my asshole over and over again
Why

Why does he have so much fucking health
Why does every fucking attack he does have a giant fucking flame shockwave
why is it so fucking hard to dodge anything
why does he never leave openings ever
why does he have a zillion health
Why did switching to a real weapon not even help
>>
>>322851345
That's why I said at first glance. Rom doesn't spawn spiders until you damage her enough. It looks like a potato with a stone face covered by dozens of eyes. Rom isn't exactly a feminine sounding name either.
>>
>>322851484
Although taking the left leads to some items, which are worthless, will result in you getting poisoned, and possibly killed by all the snake things.

>>322851551
Make sure you focus on running strait across the poison instead of going to the left.
>>
>>322819270
I don't know how you could stomach back to back boring dungeons like that
>>
>>322810959
Is this the new "dodging and using iframes is cheating" ?
>>
>>322851712
Everyone has that one boss that they suck at. I suck at Blood-starved beast. Probably took me 50 tries to beat him my first time, and even getting good at the game, he can still give me trouble. Laurence on the other hand took me around 4 or 5 tries, and now I beat him every time. He is possibly in my list of top 5 easiest bosses, definitely top 10. Enemies like the witches are just too easy for him to trump though...
>>
>>322810213
Get the music box off his daughter and ring your beckoning bell and let your summons do it for you whilst you keep spamming music box. Couldn't be easier desu.
>>
>>322852434
>keep spamming music box
Unless they changed this, the music box forces him into beast mode, then in beast mode it only causes him to freak out 1 time. It isn't exactly something you can spam.
Thread replies: 428
Thread images: 42
Thread DB ID: 366524



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.