[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The no games gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (42KB, 522x274px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 522x274px
How do you all feel about this lack luster gen?

I personally can't wait till it's over and Microsoft and Nintendo get their shit together to save us from this horrible nightmare of no games.
>>
>>322808540
Problem with Microsoft is they had no games last gen. Where was their Atelier? Where was their Neptunia? People cry it was the PS3 that had no games, but it was the 360 and their delusional fanboys that went without.
>>
>>322808997
I have no idea what those games are. I'm just going to assume it's weeb trash
>>
>>322809987
Don't worry, they are.
>>
n64/ps1 was best gen
>>
>>322808997
Am I drunk or did Halo 3 and Gears of War not come out during the 360 era?
>>
>>322810159
It wasn't. But even if it had been, the Saturn had more good games than N64.
>>
Handhelds have games, though not as many as last gen. Consoles are definitely a joke this go-around so far, though 2016 looks like they might finally get off their ass and try a little with these things. Overall though it's been a pretty shitty gen so far.
>>
>>322810405
kill yourself
>>
>>322810383
No one played that western trash
>>
>>322808540
It's a fine gen for PC.
>>
>>322810549
Holy shit you really are a filthy fucking weeb aren't you?
>>
>>322810640
And you're a god damned dudebro.
>>
>>322810383

360 started strong but started going to hell not long after Halo 3 and ME1. The Kinect finished it off for good a couple years later anyways.
>>
>>322808997
lmao ok babe
>>
Kek, weeb peasants. Pc golden age. Feels good desu
>>
>>322810529
You've probably never even played the Saturn.>>322810529
>>
>>322810717
Lemme cut you a deal - you tell me what an Atelier is and I'll tell you what the inside of a vagina feels like.
>>
File: pepe11.jpg (16KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
pepe11.jpg
16KB, 231x244px
>>322811117
>>
>>322811117
Its a workshop and I've been in more pussy than you can think of. But since you're being oh so generous, I'll let you explain to me what a dick in the ass feels like you fucking homo.
>>
>>322811117
What a fag
>>
>>322811327
Struck a nerve, did I?
>>
>>322811439
Only because you literally can't use google to find out what Atelier stands for.
>>
>>322811545
Why do that when I can ask an assmad weeaboo and he'll always reply?
>>
>>322811658
Whoa there buddy, you don't want to get uppity, you'll wake Tyrone up.
>>
>>322808540
It's lackluster, but at least there's handhelds that offer new content. 2016 looks to bode well for consoles.
>>
HELLO GAYS I MEAN GUYS, MY NAME IS KAZUO HIRAI AND THIS IS SUPER EXCLUSIVE GAME ONLY AVAILABLE FOR PLAYSTATION
and pc

>what he just said tom?
>I THINK HE SAID FUCK XBOX
>>
>>322811839
I'd retort by saying he's busy with your wife, but you don't have one.

And never will.
>>
The Wii U has been glorious this gen, kill yourself.
>>
>>322812116
I've only recently been able to get legally married to a another woman anyways.
>>
>>322810383
Good games, but don't compare to n64 even slightly.
>>
>>322812116
>wife

Way to give up your freedoms.
>>
>>322812253
this, but for some reason it doesn't sell very well.
any ideas why?
>>
>>322811658
Atelier is a word in the English language you fucking idiot. Did you drop out of highschool?
>>
>>322812278
Well, at least when you screencap this and put it on your tumblr tonight I'll be able to find it easier now that I know you're a rampaging dyke.
>>
>>322808540
pretty shitty so far but things will pick up once nintendo releases their actual eighth generation system later this year
>>
>>
This gen has been pretty good so far actually. Easily started better than gen 7. And 2016 looks amazing for vidya.
>>
>>322812417
I think it's pretty much everyone is retarded but particularly Nintendo's advertising this gen.

The Wii U is defs not without it's issues, but the biggest one that I think removes a lot of audience is the big name 3rd parties aren't on it.

Next, even "gamers" don't know what the Wii U is, there's people to this day who think it's an extension of the Wii and not a brand new console.

Then there's the complete lack of advertising from Nintendo, which to be fair has gotten better, but not to the same level that sony and microsoft are advertising.

The last sort of nail in the coffin is that Nintendo just can't shake it's "kiddy" image, despite everyone loving Mario Kart and shit, they just don't want to buy the console.

That's my 2 cents. The Wii U is my only console that doesn't just gather dust. I won a ps4 and now that I've put destiny down for a while it's a ghost town and the xbone continues to disappoint now that I've played Halo 5 and realised it's complete trash.
>>
>>322812510
Since you frequent tumblr so much maybe you should stay there.
>>
>>322812603
>being a tripfag on /v/
>using a secure tripcode
>not even a clever name

boring/10
>>
>>322808540

>he thinks there is going to be another generation of consoles

When the NX dies in the cradle Sony and Microsoft are going to abandon any plans for another generation of console.

Despite the huge install base for the PS4, the library is still hot shit and more and more 3rd party developers are jumping ship to multi-plat and PC. The Xbone might as well be a joke. Unless you're a Cawadoooty dudebro or nignog looking to pick up this years Basketball and Football titles.

Nintendo may slap us in the face with another 3DS model upgrade, holding one highly sought after title hostage to try and force people to buy it, but given the lukewarm response to the 'New' 3DS that's going to be their last straw. Sony is likely done with portables for good with the PSP failed in the west, and the Vita just failed period.
>>
>>322813053
It's a passing interest at best for me, much like triggering soggy-kneed cunts like yourself. You don't need to worry anymore though, Gladys - I've had my fun with you. Maybe in ten minutes we'll agree on something on another thread. Maybe I'll laugh at you for being a faggot again.
>>
I hate modern gaming.

>why no JRPGs (I mean FFVI, Chrono Trigger, etc) not the weebo anime shit that comes out nowadays?
>why no fun racers (cart racing, wave race like games, off road games, etc)?
>why no 2d sidescrollers?
>why no 3d non-RPG games (Mario 64, Croc, Crash Bandicoot)?
>why games have 45 minute cutscenes?
>why games play like movies?
>>
>>322813382
>use homo as an insult
>branded as a man-hating dyke

You okay man?
>>
>>322813513
>Turn based RPGs
Old and decrepit.
>Driving games
Get a car, faggot.
>2D side scrollers
lol
>More collectathons
>not liking cinematic experiences
>see above
Move on, grandpa. It's not for you.
>>
>>322813259
i don't buy it. all sony has to do is half-ass some old PC hardware into a blu-ray player and they sell fourty million of the fuckers in two years. even if nintendo somehow completely BTFOs themselves, that would just open up room for someone like valve, samsung, or sega to step in. all they have to do these days is kick back and wait for fifa and madden to launch on their hardware.
>>
>>322813513
It's not "modern gaming" you just have shit taste.
>>
>>322814031
see
>>322813226
>>
>>322814018

:^)
>>
>>322814018

There's not a single game nowadays that can hold a candle to Chrono Trigger or FFVI.

>Get a car, faggot.

I can use that excuse for any game.
>Why no FPS?
Herr der, move to Texas and buy an assault rifle, faggot, derp!

>Move on, grandpa. It's not for you.

No doubt about that. The games of my generation are treasures. Will anyone remember Call of Duty Black Cocks 19 a decade from now?
>>
File: Sigurd.png (109KB, 200x358px) Image search: [Google]
Sigurd.png
109KB, 200x358px
>>322813513
Chrono Trigger, and probably the lion's share of your etc., are based off of current anime for its time, just like how current JRPGs are based off current anime for our time.
>>
>>322814115

Uh huh. Same old 3d world with tons of walking around with nothing to do. Games that have 40 min of cinematics instead of properly incorporating exposition and narrative into the game itself.

Modern gaming = FPS, dudebro sports games (that seem to get worse every year for some reason), and League of Legends.
>>
File: Goury.jpg (20KB, 330x236px) Image search: [Google]
Goury.jpg
20KB, 330x236px
>>322814390
In case you didn't know who your precious Fire Emblem boy toy is based off of.
>>
>>322814380
Yes, in a few decades people will fondly remember getting that sick killstreak they got on Nuketown and yelling "faggot" over the mic over and over, when they were 8 years old.
>>
>>322814390

No it wasn't.

The only thing that made it "anime" was that it was designed by Akira Toriyama (DBZ guy). Other than that, it was a typical Squaresoft JRPG.

Chrono Trigger had gorgeous sprite graphics. RPGs nowadays look like an episode of K-ON (with the shit soundtracks to match).
>>
>>322810159
Nah I'll say 6th gen PS2/NGC/GBA and Xbox was best last bit of the gen where devs tried something new and made unique characters and setting. Now everything is post apocalypse and super soldier solo the evil army.
>>
>>322810159

SNES/Genesis was best gen you retarded faggot.
>>
>>322811327
>getting this mad
>>
>>322812253
I haven't played mine in awhile but i picked up Bayo a week ago. Gonna clear the games i've been playing and focus on that.
why will bayo never be real?
>>
>>322814868
So you admit it was based off of an anime? Okay. Yeah.
>>
>>322813382
Haha
>BTFO
>T
>F
>O
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 224x224px
>>322814643
>dudebro sports games (that seem to get worse every year for some reason)
i dunno about that man, i played NHL 2K16 on my nephew's xbone this christmas and it was super tight. better than any other hockey game i've ever played.
>>
>>322814847
As someone who grew up playing cod 4 when I was 8 or so, yes I do.
>>
>>322815141

No stupid. Squaresoft was making a game, and they decided to hire an anime designer to design the characters. The end result was a game that still looked like a game. Unlike today where the games looks like anime.
>>
>>322815195
Literally the only thing still selling these shitboxes. Well, that and FPS.
>>
>>322815195

I haven't played NHL 2K16 yet, but I'm glad to hear that it's good.

From what I've played:

Madden 16 - catching is ridiculous. can't shut off instant replay shit so I'm pressing O about 40 times to get on with the game

NBA 2K16 - defense controls are so tight and sluggish

WWE 2k16 - horrible metered system that is real annoying

Rory Mcelroy 16 - much worse overall than Tiger 15

The Show 2015 - pretty good, but online is laggy, and pitching animations are real slow sometimes. overall, this is a great game.
>>
>>322815271
>Initial release date: November 5, 2007
>8 years and 2 months ago

Hey, you do know 16 year olds aren't allowed here right?
>>
>>322808540
But anon, PS4 is getting loads of games this year
>>
>>322813513
Project Setsuna is a JRPG heavily inspired by Chrono Trigger. Persona 5 is still technically SMT. I would also recommend Summon Knight, YS VIII and other weebtrash looking games.

>racers
I agree. I want something like Jak X or Midnight Club.

>2D Sidescrollers
Plently on PC. Take your pick.

>3D
3D platformers are dead unfortunately. Ratchet & Clank is out soon and it looks like they're starting a new trilogy or so.
>>
>>322814380
Does anyone remember final faggotry xxvxvxvxvxvx ?

Not even today's anime club remembers that garbage
>>
>>322815896
>Project Setsuna

Just looked it up. It looks awesome.

Don't care about the weebtrash games. They're just fanservice nowadays.

>Plently on PC

Talking about consoles though. Obviously if you combine the efforts of the PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, Vita, 3ds, and PC, the gaming industry will hit most of their points.

>3D platformers are dead unfortunately.

Sad stuff.
>>
>>322815830
I thought I was 8, but I suppose my memory fails me. My point remains.
>>
>>322808540

>lack luster gen

I'm having fun OP. Of course, I'm a SEGAfag idort who's been picking up anything SEGA or a company they own puts out. Pick a company like capcom or square and follow them closely. Chances are, a few gems will shake out of those trees. I know I'll be kept quite busy for the rest of the year just on what SEGA has planned and is rumored to be putting out this year alone.
>>
>>322816318
Actually here's some 2D sidescrollers:

Hunger
Shadow of the Beast
LittleBigPlanet 3
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

>3D platformers
A Hat in Time
Tearaway
Mario
Certain levels in LBP3
Project Spark
Rime kind of
>>
File: Z0031771.jpg (97KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Z0031771.jpg
97KB, 650x650px
>>322815748
yeah everything good i've seen about WWE is INSTANTLY countered by something horrible, like the submission system or benoit bans

>>322816318
>>3D platformers are dead
this just highlights sony's ability to accumulate profit despite their ineptitude. this guy wasn't even in their smash ripoff for crying out loud.

the suits don't even know who he is i bet. this is what happens when you put fucking betamax in charge of your video games. they just chase fresh new sources of profit while their house sinks into the lake.
>>
>>322817262
>Hunger
>Shadow of the Beast
>LittleBigPlanet 3
>Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

2 of those games aren't out yet. Never liked the LittleBigPlanet games. And Hunger looks like a 3desque game

>A Hat in Time
anime weeboo shit
>Tearaway
Weird looking shit. But kinda interesting, I guess
>Mario
Don't care much for the ADD riddled Galaxy stuff. Why no Mario 64 sequels?
>Project Spark
This actually looks pretty good. Will def check out.
>>
>>322817392
>the suits don't even know who he is i bet. this is what happens when you put fucking betamax in charge of your video games. they just chase fresh new sources of profit while their house sinks into the lake

I agree, but whatever Sony is doing it's working for them, so more power to em. I was hoping MS would step up this gen an expand their genres. But then I read that the douche who runs X-Box says he's not interested in Cart Racing or Baseball (or tons of other genres most likely).
>>
there are dumbasses that bought a sony console
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.