[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody remembers Xenogears?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (9KB, 198x186px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 198x186px
Wow, what a great game... I used to play it when I was way younger and I will never forget it..
>>
Nah, never heard of it.
>>
Dropped it six hours in. There was nothing appealing about it.
>>
>>322798000

It's shit...
>>
> Anybody remembers Xenogears?

You're new here aren't you
>>
It's an old game, it came out in 1998. But if you haven't played it yet, give it a try if you are into RPGs.
>>
>>322798326

How would you know?
>>
>>322798549
I'm just assuming.
>>
Playing this shit right now, the opening cutscene made me cum, too bad there isn't more space opera shit in here so far. That spaceship was so fucking great.

Stuck in some caverns with the eyepatch pirate guy, so far so good, but I'm REALLY hoping for more space. I'm a sucker for deep space and religion crossovers.
>>
>>322799092

doesn't happen it's like star ocean, fairly standard medieval fantasy rpg with a lite sci-fi gimmick
>>
Beat the game yesterday.
But the second disc seriously is the biggest unfinished rushed job in gaming history.
Probably even more than MGSVs chapter 3.
>>
>>322799092
No space unfortunately.

Just a lot of what if the bible was a SIFI story that happened in the future on a another planet.

The game is basically the Evangelion of Video games.
>>
>Citan gets a sword
>all of the awesome hand to hand combos are gone
>>
>>322799621
Only in the sense that it has mecha and outright rips scenes straight out of Evangelion.
>>
>>322798281
Dropped it 30 hours in, and basically this was the reason
>>
>>322799621
Well fuck. Good for the Evangelion stuff though, absolutely favorite anime of mine.

Xenosaga more space related? Thinking of picking it up after Gears.
>>
>>322799910
How did you make it 30 hours? I struggled to make it those 6. It took me over a week and I'm NEET and was playing nothing else. I don't think I've ever played such an unappealing JRPG. Even FFVIII was interesting at the beginning and went to shit later.
>>
The game feels way too rushed, not just in the joke that was disc 2 but the story overall loses it's pacing suddenly and becomes fast as fuck. Three quarters of the game are about the war, and then suddenly it's plot tweest after plot tweest, each one making what you just learned before it some irrelevant backdrop event.
>>
>>322798000

Ive got over a 1000 playstation isos and they look all like shit to me.

And i would probably licked that shit up when i was 12.
>>
>>322798000
GOAT ps1 jrpg. also suikoden 1 and 2
>>
>>322800268

only part that was appealing is the start, lahan

game just goes it completely different direction than anticipated. focus makes no sense can't tell what it's supposed to be about. seems completely aimless
>>
>>322798000
>>322798549
>insert xenogears copypasta
yeah, u new here.
nice trips
>>
>>322800636

>muh grafix
>>
>>322799993
Yeah Xenosaga has a lot of space stuff. Heads up though, Xenosaga 2 is a really weird jump, changing basically everything from the first game including character designs and voice actors. Very strange decision on their part.
>>
File: 6325185.jpg (145KB, 850x378px) Image search: [Google]
6325185.jpg
145KB, 850x378px
>>322800832
I only felt that way in disc 2 were I was being jerked around plot point after plot point after plot point. At least in disc I felt I was doing overall no matter how unrelated it seemed to be at the time.
>>
>>322801347
The change in character designs was because Namco made character designer leave the project after the first one, from what I remember.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.