[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I'm finally joining the PC master race. I am able

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (118KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 768x1024px
Hey /g/, I'm finally joining the PC master race. I am able to buy this PC in specific for reasons I will leave out, and I would like your "professional" opinions on it. But let me stop you first, yes I know it's cheaper to build, so don't even bother saying that, I just want to know if it's good for the money
>>
>>322793734

It'll be outdated when dx12 comes out.

AMD is releasing polaris mid 2016. The 980 will be obsolete for VR by then.
>>
File: 970_i5.png (376KB, 1736x1080px) Image search: [Google]
970_i5.png
376KB, 1736x1080px
Overpriced.
>>
>>322793910
What exactly is DX12 and what VR, I'm a gay need when it comes to PC stuff
>>
>>322793734
LMAO! OP that rig fucking sucks dick. Do you honestly expect to run games made after 2012 with that? Go back to reddit.
>>
>>322794173
I can't build man I'm in a predicament
>>
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=83-227-625&ds=0&snet=0

This is the part list
>>
>>322793734
I was actually in the rare position where I was getting a really solid deal from iBuyPower a few years back.
The computer was gorgeous, I still miss it, and had all the features I could possibly want.
That said it repeatedly would seize up and crash, I sent it back, on my own dime, they took weeks to check it out and send it back claiming they found no issues but replaced some suspect parts for the error, and I quickly found they fixed nothing and the same problem kept happening.
I returned it, which they again wanted me to pay shipping for, after which I called their support and had some choice words for about an hour with a couple people, I ended up getting a full refund on both shipping costs and the computer. This whole attempt to buy from them took the entire summer.
I would not buy from them even if their prices weren't inflated.
>>
>>322793734
that is a piece of shit you should not spend money on
build one yourself faggot
>>
>>322794367
Go to an independent computer store, they will assemble it for you and you can pick the individual components so you don't buy overpriced useless parts. It shoudn't cost more than 50 bucks.
>>
>>322794367
>I can't build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bQtL2AZt7w
he can shoot. and doesnt have any hands
you have no excuse.
>>
>>322794721
Thanks for the input man
>>
>>322793734
1600 money for i7 when i5 is better. GTX980 when 970 or 980TI is better for the money. Only 120GB of SSD memory.

This is why prebuilds are shit.
>>
>>322794178

Dx12 will make games run much smoother freeing them up a bit from relying on drivers. Dx versions aren't updated that often. Dx11 came out in 2008 and its 2016. That card doesn't fully support dx12. If you wait six months you can buy one that will. Vr is just virtual reality. The dx12 cards will run it better.
>>
We're arguable at a really bad time to buy a new pc.

Nvidia and AMD are launching new hardware in about 6 months times that will be the first substantial upgrade in graphics cards in the last two years. This means better price performance hardware regardless of which end of the budget / enthusiast spectrum you're tending towards.

In addition to this, we're on the cusp of VR and we really don't know what kind of hardware is going to be required.

Personally, I think if you can wait you should wait.
>>
File: 965.png (43KB, 784x913px) Image search: [Google]
965.png
43KB, 784x913px
>>322794173
>>322794367
Well, $1000 less for probably the same performance is worth noticing.
>>
>>322795434
>when people call storage capacity "memory"
>>
Why not build your own ? /g/'s guide how to
https://youtu.be/69WFt6_dF8g
>>
>>322795849
But PC memorizes all the files n stuff.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.