[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post sneaky 2015 goty contenders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: SRHKReleasedat.jpg (93KB, 638x399px) Image search: [Google]
SRHKReleasedat.jpg
93KB, 638x399px
post sneaky 2015 goty contenders
>>
I got returns and dragonfall and enjoy both,should I get this and the other one?
What's different about it compared to the other 2?
>>
>>322788270
it's basically just better
>>
>>322788014
I don't like that "Humans conveniently evolved/devolved to D&D races" thing going on.
>>
>>322788014
>mobile game that wasn't released on mobile
>goty

No.
>>
I tried to like Drafonfall but the writing is really mediocre for such a wordy game and the combats were pretty lame. It forgot to be a game and prefered to be a really bad novel that takes itself too seriously. The universe is cool though.
>>
>>322788457
That's not what happened in the Shaodwrun universe, if I remember correctly whenever it was that magic came into being those other races suddenly did as well?
>>
>>322789804
>takes itself too seriously

How so? Because it doesn't drop memes or jokes at every opportunity?
>>
>>322789978
Nah, he's right. There are also ancient elves but I never bothered with Earthdawn so I dunno if those guys are also just early human mutations or whatever.
>>
>>322790002

It tries too hard with racism, addictions and war, shoving the themes down your throat with cringy descriptions. It's not a subtil game, it forgets a really simple rule of writing: show, don't tell. And it can actually show stuff...
>>
File: 1344518738767.jpg (492KB, 1224x552px) Image search: [Google]
1344518738767.jpg
492KB, 1224x552px
>>322789804
>the writing is really mediocre
>really bad novel
I will fight you.
>>
>>322788270
>other one
Chronicles? I've not heard a single good thing about that one. Hk is good though
>>
File: 1440165059032.jpg (288KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
1440165059032.jpg
288KB, 1360x768px
>>
I bought Dragonfall - Director's Cut on a whim since it was only $3 and I seriously regret not getting Hong Kong as well because I fell in love with Dragonfall.
>>
File: 20150828001629509.png (1021KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20150828001629509.png
1021KB, 1920x1080px
HK was pretty good but I still think DF was better in most regards

Gobbet a cute
>>
SR:HK has been abandoned while HBS works on the new Battletech game. It still has some nasty bugs. I dunno what the status is on the extra campaign though.

>>322791625
They're the exact same shit right down to campaign structure. The only difference is the locale and the lack of improvements HK brought.
>>
>>322791264
[Glass him]
>>
>>322791264
>>322791625
I really wish this game looked better. The thing that really saves it in the looks departement are teh beautiful portrais you'll have your eyes glued to for 75% of the game, since all of it takes place in dialogue boxes.
>>
>>322788270
>and the other one?
What are you talking about, no such thing exists.
>>
>>322790972

I'm sorry, for a videogame it's alright but it's just that the pacing is awful. I don't give a fuck about Monika, I've known her for 2 minutes before she died. Also, all the descriptions are useless. It's a fucking game, you have nice graphix and animations, use them or write a fucking book. The whole thing reads like a bad pull novel, without the fun.
>>
>>322792957
Is that an XCOM clone with a storyline?
>>
Woolly World
>>
>>322795490
Syndicate Wars spiritual sequel from the actual creator of SW.
>>
>>322792957
How the fuck do you play this game? I just put my 4 squaddies behind a wall and let them fullauto everything until I get overrun. Also, I know there's that "silent pistol takedown" thing, but it seems to have stopped working with the revolver. Is that a feature or what?
>>
>>322796246
>but it seems to have stopped working with the revolver. Is that a feature or what?
you need a silencer for silent takedowns, I think. I don't think revolvers can get those.
>I just put my 4 squaddies behind a wall and let them fullauto everything until I get overrun.
I don't know. Put your support on heal to sit behind the wall longer. Don't tell him to attack or he will stop. It's pretty dumb, fighting like that since it takes forever, but it sure helped me early. Get taunt and harden on your soldier to further minimize damage.
If you have that huge plasma revolver already, use that instead of your starting rifles, except for the sniper rifle.

Try sneaking as much as you can and choose your entry points nicely. Sometimes I fought through a facility for half an hour only to find that there was another entry point right near the actual facility.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.