[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this objectively the best Far Cry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Far_Cry_3_PAL_box_art.jpg (33KB, 250x364px) Image search: [Google]
Far_Cry_3_PAL_box_art.jpg
33KB, 250x364px
Was this objectively the best Far Cry?
>>
they were all grindy shooters. they were all objectively shit.
>>
>>322780210
It had the best atmosphere but 4 has objectively better gameplay

it's just like with fallout 3 and new vegas
>>
>>322780210
No, 2 was.
>>
Yes. Anyone who says otherwise is a redditor or a underage.
>>
I'd say it was the first one, bugs nonwithstanding, but I've only played 1 and 2. It's sadly a fact that 1 aged quite poorly and people who missed the chance to play it at release will never understand how good that game is.
>>
>>322781089
1 was always shit desu.
The only good thing about it were the graphics.
>>
>>322780210
I hate 3 and 4. 2 is better and it's been a long time since I played 1 but I remember that one being pretty good too.
>>
>>322781258
This
Fucking magic vision, eagle eyed enemies.
>>
>>322780825
>4 has objectively better gameplay
huh, what's in 4 that makes it better? Please inform me.
>>
File: 1448560749419.gif (2MB, 320x193px) Image search: [Google]
1448560749419.gif
2MB, 320x193px
>Nobody even mentions Blood Dragon
What the fuck /v/.
That expansion pack was literally better than FC3.
>>
>>322781825

Map has more vertical space
Gyrocopters make for better locomotion
Himalayan stealth sections
Shangri-La sections provide a decent break from the boring main story
Weapons are accrued more steadily
Hunting is less of an annoyance as it actually feels like you're looking for useful stuff rather than checking off a list
>>
>>322780825
>4 is much like 3, with slight improvements - it's repetitive
>4 characters are quite forgettable and preachy. I'm here to kill people and animals. That's it. I'd kill all the factions if I could, and begin a new regime of murder, torture, drugs, and rape
>>
>>322782178
Yeah man Blood Dragon was the best

One more thing that people are forgetting, FC1 is a pre-crisis game.
>>
Instincts was alright

I miss tarver
>>
File: 1401057975729.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1401057975729.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>322780915
Allow me to post a playthrough for those who haven't played this.
Just loop the webm for about 10 hours.
>>
Crysis was the best Far Cry.
>>
>>322783134
Same could be said about every character in 3 except Vaas. All of MC's friends, the actual main villain, those black voodoo people.

4 had much better level design, 3 was quite flat with few tall places on the map. 4's wildlife is way more well done, you can actually see animals kill each other and shit.
>>
>>322780210
Imo 2 was the best, only flaws were the quick respawn and crap stealth.
Unlike 1,3 and 4 it gone far from supernatural and made you a merc, nothing more..the most Beautiful setting, using fire as a weapon and I loved the used weapons, weapon jam and buddy support mechanics
>>
>>322783370
Man, I loved the interface with the map and GPS in Farcry 2.

I wish more games had that, like Stalker with the Detectors, there should be other tools like Geiger Counters so you can scout for radiation fields without sterilizing yourself in small doses.
>>
>>322782178>>322783239
Yeah blood dragon is fun as hell. Quick game takes like 6 hours to complete. I dont like the bright red sky but after an hour it turns night time. Underrated game
>>
>>322783441
Main character in 3 was also good. He was a pussy and grew into a badass. Not bad ass from the getgo
>>
>>322784042
He acted like a pussy in cutscenes but was always a badass through gameplay because Ubisoft has no idea how to pace a game.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.