[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2003 Steam >2011 Origin Can we talk about this? I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: EA Steam.png (154KB, 692x353px) Image search: [Google]
EA Steam.png
154KB, 692x353px
>2003 Steam
>2011 Origin

Can we talk about this? I haven't seen it discussed but I'm sure it has been. Still I would like /v/'s take on it. It's pretty hilarious to me that EA would even attempt compete against Valve's juggernaut but of course they do. How well does it do for EA? Do you have an Origin account? Please discuss.
>>
>>322779892
Orgin isnt that bad,, bar games section

but at least you can add gif and make custom covers for your games.

get fucked steam
>>
>It's pretty hilarious to me that EA would even attempt compete against Valve's juggernaut but of course they do.
Competition is good. Anyone with sense no longer completely trusts Valve after the paid mods debacle, the dismantling of TF2 and CS:GO with purchasable skins and items, and Valve's complete inability to be a game company anymore.

I wouldn't want Steam to be the only digital distribution platform out there.
>>
Yes. I had to create an accout to play mass effect 2. Logged on to the cerberus networks after installing ME2 and than never again.
>>
>>322779892
They have great customer service, they have 1 on 1 chat.
They have great deals and give out free games all the time.
Been on steam for 5 years now, service is eh.
Don't see why Orgin could be hated on, other than using LE EA IS BAD meme.
>>
>>322780361
>Don't see why Orgin could be hated
Something to do with spyware, although that might just have been a phresh meme, and it's not like using the internet on any modern PC (including linux) is any less invasive than having Origin.
Other than that, you're right.
>>
>>322779892
>Orgin
At least its better than that ubisoft shitnugget uplay that won't let me play my steam games at all.
>>
File: pepe20.jpg (37KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
pepe20.jpg
37KB, 550x535px
>>322780656
>People use Steam and Windows, the definition of botnet
>HURR ORIGIN IS SHIT FUCKING SPYWARE DURR
>>
Origin
Uplay
Steam
Epic Games Launcher
etc.

We fucking need the government to step in and sort this shit.
>>
>>322781217
You left out BNET
>>
>>322779892
But it's not Origin account anymore it's back to EA account
>>
I have it so I can play EA's games. I like Steam a lot more.
>>
File: Capture.png (296KB, 961x653px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
296KB, 961x653px
reminder that if you havent been with steam since the beginning youre gay
>>
>>322780095
The lack of games is what tickles my funny bone. There's surely demand for games, but EA just can't seem to supply them consistently. And relying solely on their own titles is what has kept me from ever messing with it. There just isn't anything they make that I have to play, or if there is I can get it on a console without having to bother with a second service.

>>322780282
>>322780361
I'm pretty new to steam. I've had it for a while but only really started using it lately. I'm aware of dissatisfaction with steam where does it all Steam? Pretend I just come out of a coma.

The little I do know comes from an Anon posting about how steam sales discourage pc development since users only buy games when sales hit and devs might as well just make games for consoles since there they can charge full price. Does Valve not compensate devs for sales?

Also I saw the Galactic Civilization developer speak about how easily negative user reviews cost his company potential sales. And that could influence development decisions - which does seem bad.

http://forums.galciv3.com/474109

Beyond this what is bad about steam?
>>
>>322781576
>being a poorfag
lol
>>
>>322781576
>12 years
>All dem sales over 12 fucking years
>9 games
>>
Yeah, I have an Origin account. Got it for BF3 and then still needed it for TOR and Titanfall. It's not even a bad client, they give out a free game every month which is cool. /v/ wasted their rage on this when the real cancer is and always has been Uplay.
>>
>>322781752
>where does it all Steam?

fug

stem from* please forgive
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.