[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumped into this game because I thought I should go back and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Parasite_Eve_Coverart.png (107KB, 256x248px) Image search: [Google]
Parasite_Eve_Coverart.png
107KB, 256x248px
Jumped into this game because I thought I should go back and play some PS1 classics and my god is this game amazing. I was not expecting this to be as good as it is. The battle system is amazing, I love how you can dodge attacks in real time and the graphics are on par with FF8. Is the second game just as good? Better? No spoilers please.
>>
>>322748646
Second is more similar to Resident Evils and generally not as liked among the fans of first.
>>
>>322748646
The second is not bad but it's different. I liked it.
>>
2nd is different. more similar to old school resident evil with powers. personally i liked it more in terms of fun gameplay, but its not as unique as 1 was.
>>
>>322748646

Don't forget to do a second playthrough of PE1 to get the true ending
>>
>>322748646

Both PE1 and PE2 are perfection. 1 has the atmosphere and story, 2 has better gameplay and graphics
>>
>>322748646
The graphics aren't on par with FF8. They're barely on par with FF7
>>
>>322751227
Ff7 models were for n64. Stop shit posting
>>
PE2 has insanely fun gameplay. Good gunplay, fun powers and interesting enemies which have multiple weak spots and tactics you can utilize against them. Also the best replay/bonus difficulty modes i've seen in games, bounty mode is a shitload of fun.

Even though PE1 was my first PE i don't like it nearly as much as a second one.
>>
I miss that game
>>
Eve's second form gave me the weirdest boners as a kid. She might have even been my first waifu. Something about that blue tail thing.
>>
Is 3rd Birthday any good?
>>
>>322752569
In a Let's-not-talk-about-it kinda way.
>>
PE1 has better atmosphere, slightly better music and a better story. it also has the benefit of weapon making. if you like the combat system of 1 then 2 might also feel like a step back since 2 goes for a more real time reactionary combat. as said its basically RE style tank controls which can be hit and miss for people.

2 improves the visuals heavily (its still one of the best looking ps1 titles). its core combat feels more satisfying thanks to weapon recoil, ammunition types and enemy reactions. weapons and armor while now not that customizable are now more unique since they all have their own abilities and options. its monsters and bosses are just as grotesque and interesting to fight. its extras are plentiful and make replaying the game FAR more interesting than in 1. both are about the same length.

personally i had more fun with 2. its not as unique as 1 was, but as far as a playable game its very fun provided you dont mind the RE style controls and combat.
>>
>>322752569
core gameplay is solid. everything else is straight up shit.
>>
>>322748646
This game is god tier in terms of comfyness. Dat battle music is in a class of its own
>>
>>322752569
At least as good as PE2 if you take off nostalgia goggles. But completely different.
>>
>>322752569
Thought gameplay was good but I don't remember the story much. I know it didn't feel like a PE game.
>>
In all honesty is The 3rd Birthday a good game?
>>
File: trexhuntinpacksarisen.jpg (600KB, 1746x977px) Image search: [Google]
trexhuntinpacksarisen.jpg
600KB, 1746x977px
>>322748646
if your liking the first your gonna owe it to yourself to play the second. like other anons have said its different but its still really fucking good and aya's character is maintained. have fun at the museum
>>
>>322752569
>>322754197
It's pretty solid, people bitching about the story didn't understand the twist and never saw the secret post credits ending on NG+.
>>
>>322754197
>>322752569
No the game was horrible
>>
>>322748646
could not stand or beat this game. Made it to the last boss and couldnt beat it because i didn't have ammo. There was no way to get anymore or reload because i overwrote my save so the only chance I had was using the baton
>>
>>322752569
You know how publishers love to shit out a game just before they lose the rights to a franchise to use up any remaining dev assets they have for it?

That was 3rd Birthday.
>>
>>322752569
Don't let anyone tell you the story is good. Imagine all the cheesiness from kingdom hearts but in a game that's trying to capture the westen world.
>>
File: it hurts.jpg (302KB, 780x1390px) Image search: [Google]
it hurts.jpg
302KB, 780x1390px
>>322752569
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.