[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Assassin's Creed games are worth playing? Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 15

File: gamebuy-ac4-image_135481.jpg (149KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
gamebuy-ac4-image_135481.jpg
149KB, 780x438px
What Assassin's Creed games are worth playing?

Is pic related good?
>>
I started playing Syndicate, apart from some minor crashes cause i pirated it it's pretty decent. Combat is fucking shit boring but climbing has gotten better and the map isn't as cluttered as Unity
>>
ive played the first 7 games i finished rogue today the only bad one i can think of is 3
>>
if you are gonna start the series google the correct order of the games the numbering is atrocious
>>
>>322746176
the one with the italian stallion fucking all women
>>
>>322747864
haha classic thats the reason he got 3 games
>>
>>322747987
>tfw you will never be a swag vagina killer in the 15th century who is psychotic enough to climb buildings and jump between them and be constantly slapping peoples asses to get their money
>>
>>322747651

Is Rogue good? Does the gameplay change much from Black Flag to it?
>>
>>322748897
its similar but there are some added changes with the ship battles and assassins hunt you down randomly during the game using assassin technigues such as air assassinations and hiding in hay bales and more it has a good story and abstergo hacking fills in plot points like why haytham is a templar if his dads an assassin
>>
>>322748897
>>322749315
its a really overlooked game which is a shame because its actually really good
>>
>>322746176
maybe 1
ezio trilogy(make sure you watch ass creed embers for max feels)

that's it, didnt bother with the newest one
>>
>>322749425
number one is one of my favorites
>>
>>322749425
if you liked four definitely play rogue
>>
File: Blackbeard.jpg (60KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Blackbeard.jpg
60KB, 630x420px
Just play Black Flag. It's a top notch pirate game disguised as an Assassin's Creed game and has a pretty decent story and some genuinely sad moments.
>>
Black Flag and Syndicate are a ton of fun.
I haven't played Rogue but from what I've heard it's more of Black Flag which is a good thing.

The Ezio games (2, brotherhood, revelations) haven't aged particularly well, you'll find some frustrations but if you can get past them you'll have a good time.

Stay away from 3 it's garbage.
>>
1 is good
2 is decent
if you think 2 is better than 'decent' you'll fucking love brotherhood, but if you don't then skip it
4 is the best in the series

ignore everything else, it's all shit
>>
>>322749969
Also the first few hours of Rogue are abominable shit (see: AC3-tier) but once you get past that it's enjoyable
>>
File: 1448827283756.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1448827283756.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>tfw played all of them besides Unity and Sin Tickets
Help me
>>
>>322749969
>2
>not incredible

confirmed for not playing on release
>>
>>322749969
Are you actually saying that 1 is better than 2
because if yes then your opinion is really shit
>>
>>322746176
Unity.
Yes, I'm serious.
>>
>>322750239
I did play on release and I was disappointed as shit that we went from glorious middle eastern holy wars and the ark of the covenant to prancing around italy as a ponce in a dress.

It's a fun game but it went in the wrong direction
>>
>>322750098
are you fucking joking the first few hours are no where near ac3 shit tier they are average then the restof the game is good
>>
>>322746176
2, Brotherhood, and 4
fuck the rest
>>
>>322750451
i like both 1 and 2
>>
>>322750558
what about 1?
>>
>>322750451
Ezio's outfit is /fa/ as fuck, not to mention Leo and all the additions to the parkour
>>
File: 1444115337100.gif (512KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1444115337100.gif
512KB, 160x160px
>>322746176
The AC series as a whole is worth playing, the only "shit" games in the series are:
Unity: because that was sucha a massive fail, just bad all around, horrible characters, bugs fucking everywhere. a clusterfuck of a map, just a MASSIVE fail.

AC3: quite mundane story with boring cities

Revelations: would not call it shit, but that's where you started sensing the moneywhoring

Black Flag: A really good game, just not a good AC game.

My personal favourites are: AC2, ACB, Syndicate.
>>
>>322746176
i really like revelations its a great mix of altair and ezios stories and is a good wrap up of both (although embers is a good ending if u can stand the feels)
>>
>>322750724
1 has a lot of issues, the biggest thing is that you have to do these really repetitive missions that are all the same each time before you can kill someone. if you want to see where the series came from, and/or are just patient like that, the bits where you actually assassinate people are pretty neat.
>>
>>322750809
>syndicate
>good
o lawd let me be cleansed

>best game in the series is 'not a good AC game'
says a lot tbqh fampai
>>
File: 1.png (351KB, 465x485px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
351KB, 465x485px
>>322746176
Ezio trilogy and Black Flag are the fucking best. Rogue isn't bad unless you care about story, in which case it's shit.
>>
>>322750998
If it wasn't for needing the brand recognition, they could have easily done Black Flag as a new standalone IP.
>>
>>322750998
>didn't like Syndicate
Well that doesn't seem to make much sense. The controls were solid, the story is good, the gameplay is more difficult yet more fun-
>tbqh fampai
Oh, shitposter. Got it.
>>
>>322750905
when i first played number 1 i hated it but then i got a glitch and started again and i loved it its a good story of redemption and character building if you have the patience
>>
File: spengbab.jpg (25KB, 163x136px) Image search: [Google]
spengbab.jpg
25KB, 163x136px
>>322750809
I second this nigga.
>>
im buying syndicate tomorrow what is your honest opinion on the game?
>>
>>322750905
1 is horrible to play having played later games, & was a disappointment on release after all the hype surrounding it, so there's been little opportunity for anyone to truly appreciate it.
I only got around to it when it came free with Revelations, & while the majority of the game was tedious as fuck & the assassination missions went far too quickly for the most part (although the one where the target poisons the fountain) was great), the last hour or so was stellar & the uncomfortable atmosphere was a nice touch.
I wouldn't say it's worth playing unless it's your entry in the series though
>>
>>322746176
1, 2, Brotherhood, and Black Flag are all you need. Brotherhood is the high point of the series for gameplay, 2 is the highpoint for story.
>>
>>322750369
Unity is not nearly as bad as people make out to be. I mean sure, it's unoptimize, but from a gameplay mechanic stand point it's probably one of the best in the series. Story is trash tho.(But most ACs are to be fair)
>>
I've only played Black Flag but I love it and everything about it is top notch. Really worth getting. Not only does it look gorgeous, the gameplay is also absolutely fantastic (except for those fucking abstergo parts)
>>
>>322751927
i always tell people start at number 1 because you appreciate it more that way
>>
NOW YOU'RE READY TO SAIL FOR THE HORN
>>
>>322752062
this, it's a pain to go back, so at least it good to play 1 first
>>
anyone excited for the film?hopefully its as good as ac2 prequel film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcE8xJkK6t4
>>
>>322752362
Lineage was quality - funny how a half-hour free short did a better job of being a 'video game film' than any feature-length ones.
Is the film even still happening? Last I heard was Fassbender having the role of Altair a coupla years back
>>
>>322750809
Black Flag is by far one of the better games. It's second best behind AC2 i would say.

AC2 is the best AC game for many reasons, a couple of those reasons would include:
Ezio starts off as just a teenager fucking around. The first nearly hour of the game you're just in regular clothing running around town. Eventually you don your father's outfit but then another large portion of the game is Ezio training and learning what it means to be a man and an assassin. By the time Ezio is actually a real assassin and the game starts playing like you're an assassin, you're already nearly halfway through the game. It's almost like the assassin part takes a backseat to a character story.
Another reason is the environments, AC2 had multiple environments and most of them were colorful and different, they were fun and interesting.

They stopped doing that after AC2, almost every game after that starts off as you're already an assassin or just joined, and they all take place in just one major big city which looks the same throughout the whole thing. Black Flag brought back those AC2 vibes. Being an assassin takes a backseat because the game is about Edward, how he was just a scummy deckhand who became his own pirate captain and impersonated an assassin before eventually actually becoming one himself, but that didn't even happen till over halfway through the game. It also had multiple environments that were all colorful and bright.

I like Syndicate quite a bit so i would put it up as one of the better ones, but once again, it takes place in just one big city that looks the same all over, the characters are already assassins and they don't even have a character arc. It's just "hey i'm jacob i'm the dumb one, i'm evie i'm the smart one." Jacob does dumb things, Evie does smart things. Towards the end they get pissed at each other because of their different approaches, then after the next mission they forgive each other. That was their 'arc'.
>>
>>322751241
I think my dislike of Syndicate comes from the fact that I played it on xbone rather than pc

Framerate >literally gave me a headache, and I don't mean in the 'lol this is so inferior' comparative way. I had to stop playing after 45 minutes or so and ended up abandoning it after ~5 hours as a result
>>
>>322753103
Syndicate has awful combat.
>>
>>322753103
Framerate was completely fine on Ps4..
Bought it 4 day's ago, finished it today, only had one crash, did not encounter any other problems with it "except for some control issues"
>>
>>322753325
I couldn't comment, AC always had shit combat. Whether it was more or less shit in particular didn't really occur to me
>>
>>322753424
Brotherhood had good combat doe, 3 and 4 was okay as well
>>
>>322746176
>God tier
AC2, AC:Brotherhood, AC4: Black flag, AC:Syndicate

>Middle tier
Revelations, AC1, Rogue

>Shit tier
AC3, Unity, any of the 2.5 spinoffs
>>
so what do y'all think about this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191191986&postcount=1
>>
>>322753516
I meant 2.5D spinoffs
>>
>>322753516
>AC: Syndicate
>god tier

step up your game, senpai
>>
>>322751785
Great game, it really improves the stealth mechanic and the characters are more lighthearted and fun.
The grappling hook/rope launcher makes getting from point A to point B a breeze, and the big detailed city is a joy to explore.
Combat is a bit whatever as usual, but you have a lot of options for how to approach missions. Syndicate is definitely one of my favorites in the series.
>>
>>322753490
I fundamentally disagree, AC combat has always boiled down to
>press b then mash x
or your platform equivalent

Glad you had fun though anon
>>
>>322753607
r u dumb

It was a return to form the series needed tbqh famicom
>>
>>322753424
That's true. Unity was going in the right direction combat wise tho. If Unity's release didn't scare everyone away, we probably would have gotten close to having actually decent combat mechanics. Now, Ubisoft is too scared to try and make the combat deeper and is just relying on going with what's popular.
>>
>>322752962
AC2 did a similar thing as AC3 where the tutorials were spread throughout the entire first half of the game, & most combat-related things you will have already done by the time the game wants to teach you them. But it was still a nice feature & I even enjoyed how AC3 did it until you got to the city.

I think AC2's environments were so great because they had a real sense of history to them (same as when you visit Florence/Venice irl). The game handled its history better than almost every sequel where it becomes less about the setting itself & more about dropping you into famous events & meeting famous people which just feels forced & fails to captivate like the AC2 did
>>
>>322753516
Unity should be middle tier.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 612x380px
>>322752942
Yes
>>
>>322753626
Doesn't the grappling hook make both climbing & horses obsolete though? The former is one of the main features of the series & it feels a little daft to completely void any reason to use it. Or is it like Arkham Asylum where there are surfaces you can't use it on?
>>
>>322754208
desu, horse (or carriage) still a legit one, but i like grapling hooks so far, it just made climbing faster but not entirely replace it
>>
I THOUGHT I HEARD THE OLD MAN SAY
>>
File: creed1.jpg (76KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
creed1.jpg
76KB, 640x462px
>>
>>322753896
Fuck you. I played Unity till the end with most side missions and that game was complete shit on almost every front. The game ran like trash and still does to this day, Arno is a shit character, the setting was completely wasted, the story was complete shit, every character was shit. Multiplayer missions were dumb, almost all of the good armor was locked behind some online club bullshit. The ending was awful. City was ugly and boring to play through.

Only good things i can say about it are the combat went into a good direction, and the murder mystery side quests were actually a lot of fun and really well done. The murder mystery side quests were better than the rest of the game.
>>
File: assasins-creed-2.jpg (34KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
assasins-creed-2.jpg
34KB, 640x427px
>>
>>322749315
https://youtu.be/wsE1oA7SSwE?t=408
>>
File: jpg.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>
>>322754208
The horses are fast and fun as fuck, shits like Simpsons Road Rage, you'll wanna use horse carriages, especially for chasing.
You'll be climbing less but it won't be obsolete, you can't use the grappling hook on any surface, its pretty particular, and using it on something that's both high up and far away is pretty cumbersome because you'll be climbing a lot more slowly.
>>
>>322754476
Jesus senpai, I made the list and put it in shit tier but no need to get so worked up. Might burst a blood vessel lmao
>>
>>322754476
I find it amazing that they managed to make PARIS of all places ugly
>>
>>322754354
LIVER JOHNNY LIVER
>>
File: feels good nazi.jpg (12KB, 200x216px) Image search: [Google]
feels good nazi.jpg
12KB, 200x216px
>>322750210
>tfw same
>haven't bought any of those
>>
I was going to play that AC set in France but then someone told me everyone had British accents and that was that
>>
>>322754476
I disagree for the most part. Here is something I wrote up in another thread.

Unity is all over the place. It does do a lot of things right like Harder enemies that don't stand around and wait to be killed. Combat is the deepest it ever been, with abilities to do more than just mash "x to win.". Like being able to ram enemies with your shoulder, tripping and stabbing downed enemies. Getting rid of the kill streaks and counter kills that make the combat too easy. All free running is easier and going down from buildings is more fluid. Also customization is fun and being able to make the assassin that you want is also pretty cool. Like going full stealth or full sniper range type. It also has amazing assassination missions. You get full control on how to approach you targets. With no easy set ups that lead you straight to your kill, like past games. The game also look amazing(fantastic animations!) and even is still the best looking game in the series today because Syndicate downgrade it's graphics. And when the music is there is nice.

However, everything else is pretty decent to meh. The story, characters, most side missions(not relating to the assassinations) are all pretty lackluster. Also there is plenty of time where there's no music at all, which I find really strange. Paris is very pretty but looks way to similar some of the time. And last but not least, it's poorly optimized.

I wouldn't say it's bad(decent to good, most of the time). I think it's definitely worth checking out if you can get it cheap.
>>
>>322754347
>>322754615
Fair enough, cheers anons. Might pick up a copy when I get my hands on a PS4
>>
File: 1395245858175.gif (1MB, 304x328px) Image search: [Google]
1395245858175.gif
1MB, 304x328px
>>322754594
>>322754507
>>322754436
>>322754067
>middle ages spaniard
>white
>>
>>322751957
The current version is about as optimized as Syndicate and looks far better.

Also, I didn't think the story was any worse than other AC games.
>>
>>322746176
only the first one
>>
>>322749770
>>322749770
this.
ive gotten every collectable, done every sidequest and beat the superships and all i have left to do is the last story mission. i cant do it because i dont want it to actually be over. still have no idea what the ending is aside from edward making the kid for ass creed 3.
>>
>>322754761
>Not changing the language to french.
>>322754645
Unity looks good. It's probably one of the best looking games out there. But, maybe by ugly you mean dirty.
>>
>>322754973
rahmeed my son
>>
>>322749770

dont forget beautiful scenery, white sands, clear seas damn that was glorious
>>
I probably never fast traveled in black flag, sailing was fun and comfy af
>>
>>322755329
Was just responding to what that anon said - haven't played myself. But I've heard from a few people that the in-game city is a clusterfuck despite the irl city being one of the most wonderful in Europe
>>
>>322755391
and dont forget the pirate crew singing, and cheering you on like true pirate bros.

it was the most comfy a game could get without any snow in it.
>>
>>322755545
you friends do know that it takes place when almost all of paris was in complete poverty and starving. would explain why there are dirty people everywhere and how noticeable the poorer parts of the city are.

graphicwise it doesnt look bad, and moving through it is just like any other ass creed game if not a bit smoother.
>>
>>322755610
to be fair rouge set in north america, while black flag in tropical caribbean.

but yeah i do agree for scenery black flag is the best (among the sea adventure one)
>>
File: EQWzBzr4.jpg (24KB, 328x328px) Image search: [Google]
EQWzBzr4.jpg
24KB, 328x328px
>>322755391
But what if OP doesn´t like sand?
>>
great thread
>>
>>322746176
The first one and Black Flag

If you liked Black Flag then Rogue too
>>
>>322757437
well ac2 and syndicate have great scenery as city
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.