[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This generation sucks dick it has been 2 years and the games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: 1388000952482.gif (3MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1388000952482.gif
3MB, 360x203px
This generation sucks dick
it has been 2 years and the games are fucking shit
tons of games are also long running series that have already peaked
In previous generations, there were way better games in the first two years
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (26KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
26KB, 1280x720px
Umm well that is a rather obvious fact
>>
>>322744071
thanks for the confirmation, redditor
now fuck off back to that shithole
>>
File: 1449713094449.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449713094449.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
actually Reddit is inferior to 4chan
>>
I remember these exact same posts in 2008. My fucking sides. This gen is pretty crap so far though, yeah.
>>
When older games on PC and Gmod are more fun than new games, you know this generation is fucked
>>
Yes and you were younger, still going to the high school, you were not a stinky neet who is despised even by his own mother.
By accident, gaming felt better these days, huh
>>
>>322744496
Well it is getting progressively worse, like a cancer.
>>
File: pepe_helium.png (107KB, 800x388px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_helium.png
107KB, 800x388px
>>322743872
>nearly every good developer of the past has been absorbed and cannibalized by EA and Activision
>LucasArts now nothing more than a brandname to be whored out to Disney
>there will never be a good Star Wars game ever again
>>
File: m0bius face.jpg (136KB, 1046x1078px) Image search: [Google]
m0bius face.jpg
136KB, 1046x1078px
MFW people say they are excited about this generation (that soviet stare is my normal face
>>
>>322744647
GTA V is literally the only big budget title I've paid for at release in almost five years.

Any other games I've picked up were either cheap Steam sale releases, bargain bin oldies from Half-Price Books, or pirated

There's literally nothing new worth buying
>>
>>322744679
no retard, they were better games period

notable 7th gen games from 2005 and 2006 (360 and PS3)
Kameo: Elements of Power
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Call of Duty 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Hitman: Blood Money
Prey
Dead Rising
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Gears of War
Resistance: Fall of Man

Now come up with a better list for games of the 8th generation. But you won't because you're a shitposting retard
>>
File: 1451967680184.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451967680184.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
You and me both nigga
>>
>>322743872
I wholeheartedly agree with you OP

>8th is pretty much 7th gen with extra "pay more" and online cancer and the usual bunch of shit we already got but shinier
>They've been out for 3 years, but all they have to show for it are the same old rehashes and supposedly powerful CPUs that are still stuck a gen behind
>no backwards compatibility with all 360 games, just the most popular shit that's been played to death and even some of those are fucking up
>no backwards compatibility with PS3, but HEY! Now you can buy your PS2 games again with trophies to earn! So exciting!
>Wii-U is just the same shit as Wii, but with a few good gems like W101 and Splatoon, and with a shitty pad, same meh grafix and no multi-plats like the Cube
>NX is supposed to be coming soon, but it'll be just the like Wii-U in that it comes out early but still fails, and Nintendo will be in the same situation as Sega was with DC
>you can spend a bit more on PC, and get a shitload of stuff on Steam (7th and 8th gen games) or by emulating now (which is up to PS2)
>the tech ceiling is too high now, and less new games are being made by smaller name devs, which is slim pickings for anyone unless you love AAA games and sequels>>322745192
>99% of my favorite vidya series are dead thanks to the apocalypse that Black Ops started with every dev both east and west needing those sales with every game and shitting them up in the process with rampant casualization, cinematic gameplay and bad design choices a plenty

I've had more fun with my handhelds than any console shit I bought this gen. I'm more than ready to drop this shit altogether.
>>
>>322744843
This is not true, some big names of the industry are branching from AAA companies, people like Michel Ancel, who's making a game with his new indie studio without Ubisoft, Patrice Desilets founded his own studio and he created Assassin's Creed, the guy who created Mafia and Mafia II is also working to make that medieval kingdom game. There's still hope
>>
>>322745192
>Now come up with a better list for games of the 8th generation.
literally impossible since any possible list I came up with would instantly be dismissed without a thought and you know that

I could do the same for your stupid list. But I wont, because this is a retarded debate.
>>
>>322746850
Do it, I compiled a list, what else would be put in it now? Bloodborne and tons of sequels?

In the list I made there's a good pattern of new IPs that tried new things, like Prey with the whole gravity shenanigans, Dead Rising and Condemned. Nowadays if you make a list of the best 2014 and 2015 games it will become obvious that even "new" IPs like Bloodborne are more of the same old all over. Same for Watch_Dogs, been there done that.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.