[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk about the new Doom. We all saw those god awful multiplayer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
Lets talk about the new Doom.

We all saw those god awful multiplayer webms. Granted the multiplayer looks like shit. But I think the single player honestly looks promising. The gameplay from hell actually looked pretty true to doom. I think the movement looks really reminiscent of the old Doom, and I like the way they incorporated vertical movement. The double jump seems to fit in perfectly, and the way he was hoping around platform to platform while circle strafing hell knights looks pretty fun. My biggest complaints are the glowing executable enemies, piƱata enemies, and shitty color palette. What do you guys honestly think? I'd appreciate actual critique instead of
>HURR LOL SO SLOW
>>
Call of doom sweet generic fps bro
>>
>>322723491
>The gameplay from hell actually looked pretty true to doom
I'm pretty sure there were never more than ten demons on the screen during that preview.
If they wanted the preview to make it look like DOOM they fucked up.
Still, kinder than them tailor making a demon filled chaotic rampage of a two minute preview and then actually delivering a corridor shooter with added demon arena breaks along the way.
>>
>>322725089
I didn't know call of duty allowed multiple weapons with alternate fire, no ADS, and no health regeneration
>>
>>322725089
How exactly is it comparable to COD? I dont remember being stuck in a large arena like map and sooting a large variety of enemies with an entire arsenal of weapons in COD.
>>
>>322723491
It seems good but there's something about it that seems like it's going to have no soul whatsoever.

Feels like it could end up becoming a cheap fps game from 2005 with decent graphics slapped on top of it.
>>
Dude, MP was fun. Its as close to oldschool you can get in this day and age.
>>
>>322725146
>there were never more than ten demons on the screen during that preview
You rarely ever fought more demons than that in vanilla doom. At least until you got to thy flesh consumed
>>
>>322725318
>seems like it's going to have no soul whatsoever
I hear you. Looks like another blatant cash in
>>
>>322725089
there wasnt one hit scan enemy in that entire preview
>>
>>322725215
>not regressing is now progress
>2016
Just admit it's the graphics, I get the same way sometimes it's okay but it'll pass and you'll back to square one again, just like this gayme, it's okay anon
>>
>>322725963
what?
>>
>>322725362
old school halo that came out 2 years ago
>>
>>322725963
Is english your first language?
>>
New Doom SP looks garbage. I highly doubt it will be anywhere near as refined as the original Doom. If youve finished Doom / Doom II on nightmare, you'll know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>322726925
1. you dont know what difficulty level the demo was on
2. of course it wont be as good as the original doom. The original came out in 1993 and was the grand daddy of fps
3. vanilla doom 2 is terrible
>>
>>322727091
It just looks garbage from a gameplay standpoint, not difficulty. It looks like it plays exactly the same as Wolf TNO which was also garbage.
>>
There's not enough enemies on screen that's an immediate concern.
>>
>>322726754
yes it am
>>
>>322727236
tno was great. what didnt you like about it?
>>
>>322727315
Not him but goddamn did pressing E to pick up everything and constantly recharging energy weapons slow the pace down
>>
>>322726495
>>322726754
Just admit it's the graphics, I get the same way sometimes. It's okay, it'll pass and you'll be back to square one again just like this gayme.
It's okay anon.

Also no, and I'll still bet I have a larger vocab than you dinguses, dutn't mean i hav'ta yus it!

>>322727312
why?
>>
>>322727315
It played exactly the same as MoHAA, Call of Duty, Battlefield SP. It didn't innovate or do anything interesting at all. Low quality gameplay with epic set pieces to fool retards into thinking its fun.
If I could be bothered I could literally map every gameplay mechanism to MoHAA.
>>
>>322727630
>It played exactly the same as MoHAA, Call of Duty, Battlefield SP
What? You must have never played any of those games anon. Not to mention that theres no indication that Doom will be anything like TNO. I find it hard to imagine there will be any stealth/ cinematic/ puzzle sections in Doom. It will most likely be shooting demons non stop

also,
>artificial fun
you are the fucking worst.
>>
>>322723491
What webms. Can anyone post them?
>>
>>322727992
>enter section a, kill humans
>enter section b, kill more humans
>sniper section
>stealth section
>vehicle section
>mounted weapon section
>defend this position section
>take cover from the big gun section

I mean, fuck me the intro is literally copied and pasted from UO. Kill yourself, TNO was about as generic as you could get. It did absolutely nothing that wasn't done 15 years ago.
>>
>>322727630
How do you fool someone in thinking they're having fun exactly?
>>
>>322728404
>>enter section a, kill humans
>>enter section b, kill more humans
>>sniper section
>>stealth section
>>vehicle section
>>mounted weapon section
>>defend this position section
>>take cover from the big gun section
and you think any of that will be in Doom?
>>
>>322728432
Add epic set pieces, cool dialogue, semi interesting characters. Remove those and there is zero reason to continue playing. The gameplay is garbage. Nobody played TNO for the gameplay.
>>
>>322728404
>games are only good if they do something new
Why even buy a game from an old franchise then?
>>
>>322728624
And again, how are they being "fooled"? How the fuck is having fun not just having fun?
>>
>>322728543
Probably, yeah. id have no idea what made their original games so good. They don't understand the foundations so just keep putting shit on top of other shit and are now even designing their games for console.
>Max weapons 2 in MP
Kek
>>
>>322728687
Because I play games for gameplay. However, dumb faggots buy into graphics, story, music and other garbage. If you want good graphics, watch a movie. If you want story, read a book. If you want music, listen to music.
When games have shit gameplay, they aren't fun.
>>
>>322728773
You clearly haven't been following any of the gameplay footage. None of that will be in the game you fucking moron. So far this game has no hit scan enemies, no humans, no sniper rifle, and no vehicles. You can get a pretty decent idea of what the game will be like from the snap map montage, and scripted sequences will be few and far between, I can guarantee it.
>>
>>322729010
Keep telling yourself that. They where in Doom 3 and Quake 4.
>>
>>322728914
>When games have shit gameplay, they aren't fun.
to you. But you clearly said people were being "fooled into thinking they were having fun" you fucking retard. The majority of the market doesn't like what you like and so instead of realizing that they have different taste you actually fool yourself into believing that they're pretending to have fun or that their fun isn't real. You are a fucking idiot, and a bitch who thinks developers should cater to his niche taste
>>
>>322729197
>scripted sequences in doom 3
outside of like 5 cutscenes, extremely brief cutscenes, there were no scripted sequences in doom 3 like the ones you described. All the levels were pure gameplay, and control was never taken from the player.
>>
>>322729197
>driving sequences
>sniping sequences
>stealth sequences
>spectacular set pieces
>mounted weapons
>take cover from big gun
>doom 3
fuck you
>>
File: this is an elevator, right.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
this is an elevator, right.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I fully expect it to be absolute awful dogshit that doesn't hold a candle to any of the custom .wads i've played.

That being said, when is it being released and can I preorder it yet?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.