[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, this game was top-tier and anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: digimen digitel mensters.jpg (255KB, 1280x944px) Image search: [Google]
digimen digitel mensters.jpg
255KB, 1280x944px
Now that the dust has settled, this game was top-tier and anything opposing this statement is a lie.
>>
File: 1450425909096.gif (920KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1450425909096.gif
920KB, 500x359px
I got a PS2 hooked up with a pristine copy ready to go at any moment, feels good man
>>
>>322717175
>Friends and I decide to download and play together on PCSXE
>All having fun, training our Agumon
>Evolutions start kicking in.
>I go first: Meramon
>Moderate respect achieved.
>Friend A: Centarumon
>Respectable Digimon, but not Agumon-y enough for the bonus points.
>Friend B: Sukamon
>Is now banned from playing vidya.

How hard is it to NOT get a shitmon?
>>
>>322716720
this was objectively the best digimon game. the rest were shit.
>>
File: 1436327618132.png (452KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1436327618132.png
452KB, 800x450px
>>322718064
Jesus usually it's Numemon, it takes a LOT of mistakes to get Sukamon. Tell your friend he's shit and his partner reflects his personality.
>>
Never played it but I do like Digimon... What am I in for?
>>
File: 1451883752215.jpg (73KB, 780x453px) Image search: [Google]
1451883752215.jpg
73KB, 780x453px
>mfw I could only get Numemon or Tyranomon

only time I ever wanted to snap a disc

posted this recently before but holy shit, I just suck at this game
>>
>that battle system
Top tier cannot be applied to it, it's not a good game.
>>
>>322718858
Babysitting a nerd and training him to be a MAN
>>322719018
Tyranomon is so easy to avoid, instead of snapping the disk, snap your own neck
Don't worry bud, I believe in you
>>
>>322719018
>>322718858

Just train every stat to around 100 and don't let him shit on the ground. Also don't train too hard, if you let him get the sweat bubble, that's a care mistake.

It's all about care mistakes. Make too many and you get a shitmon. Stuff like shitting on the ground, not feeding the digi, training it too hard are care mistakes. I don't remember what else is though

Now getting an Ultimate...that can be tricky until you unlock the Bug land gym, and also Piximons training manual.

Oh, and if you want to beat the game in EZ mode, play like shit and get a numemon, and jump into the monzemon suit. Literally get an Ultimate with the age of an early champion.
>>
>>322719338

hey man, at least I can admit i suck at it

I don't blame the game, its me. I just suck.
>>
>>322719404

See I feel like I've done that shit to a t maybe fucking up once or twice and still gotten Tyranomon in the end. I've played this game a bunch of times on my quest to finish my backlog, and I just end up shelving it every time.
>>
>>322718858
You get a Digimon at the start of the game (Agumon or Gabumon, depending on the answers to a couple of questions). It evolves in to one of several Champion levels as time passes, the champion being determined by stats and how well you have cared for it. It MAY go on to Ultimate, but it has a limited lifespan. It will eventually die and be reborn as an egg, starting the cycle over again.

The plot is that you're trying to recruit Digimon from around the Island to join a city. Some will come by completing tasks for them, others through battle, some simply by talking. As they join the city, new utilities will be made available to you. (Recruit a certain Flying Digimon, will airdrop you in to certain areas around the world, etc.)

Battles are initiated by making contact with the creature on the world screen. You're list of commands is limited by the Intelligence Stat. More INT = More direct control. As the battle progresses, a FINISH bar will build up. When full, you can unleash the Digimons Signature attack for relatively large damage. A digimon may "Activate" 3 moves at any one time, that is to say there is a "bank" of moves you may teach your digimon, and these are interchangeable at anytime outside of combat, but once in combat, you need to use those 3 for the battle. These moves cost MP, with greater damage relating to higher cost.

I think I may have covered the major game points, there are a handful of other things, but I don't want to get to indepth and ruin the adventure.
>>
>>322718858
well it depends. Are you from India by any chance?
>>
It's the only true DIGIMON Digimon game, other than Championship.
No anime tie in garbage, no generic RPG, it's all about the monster raising and care.
>>
>>322719569
Just watch which stats you are training.

Shabam: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/913684-digimon-world/faqs/64257

All you need.
>>
>>322719445
It's fine my dude, I was playing this thing since I was 5
>>322719762
Just read this and the game becomes much easier
>>
Is Cyber Sleuth anything like this game?
>>
File: gfs_47308_2_31.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_47308_2_31.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>only getting Tyranomon
Literally a 1/6 chance. It's not THAT hard to get something else. Focus Mana/Speed or something.
>>
>>322719932
i only got Tyrannomon and Centaurmon
>>
>>322719707
Israel
>>
>>322720168
If you win 6 battles there is literally no way to get Tyrannomon
>>
File: DWNumemonwhy.jpg (25KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
DWNumemonwhy.jpg
25KB, 424x318px
>>
>>322719662

>your digimon dies

sounds like garbage
>>
>>322720317
you're fine then

>>322720451
POO IN LOO
>>
Sounds like Chao Garden with more explosions.
That's actually pretty awesome.
Gonna have to check it out...
>>
>>322720525
It stops you sitting in the gym for a week training it to max stats and then ruining the game for yourself. The limited lifespan thing makes you seize the moment, do as much as possible and achieve before it's too late.

it was the same deal with Monster Rancher.
>>
>>322720525
Nah, it's actually pretty good since it lets you try other 'mons out and experiment with different training techniques.

>okay, I prioritized strength that time and got this digimon, but what if I try speed this time?
>>
File: 1287689547096_f.jpg (41KB, 474x357px) Image search: [Google]
1287689547096_f.jpg
41KB, 474x357px
>>322716720
>be me but like 8 or some shit
>Somehow get a Andromon
>whoops ass left and right
>Barely asks for food
>Almost no sudden bathroom breaks
>Have him bring over half the games villagers to the town.
>He dies of old age.
>Never again get anything better
Only time I legit cried in a videogame
>>
File: 1436759434778.png (213KB, 843x558px) Image search: [Google]
1436759434778.png
213KB, 843x558px
>>322722570
That's the saddest story I've ever heard
>>
>>322720525
That's because it is, despite the digimon death being the least of your worries.
>>
Does anyone have any links to a ROM for this game? I want to try it.
>>
>>322724556
Nevermind, found a ROM.
>>
>>322724658
>He doesn't keep a copy of the original in a safe.
I also have a bag of weed in there, a half of Vodka and a broken watch. The world will end one day.
>>
File: digimoncards.jpg (54KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
digimoncards.jpg
54KB, 400x300px
>it's a sukamon card
>it's a nanimon card
>A penguinmon card!
>>
You can probably play the game completely high and drunk while being an infant with brain problems and an amputated arm and still beat it with zero effort. I can see why /v/ loves it so much.
>>
Someone REALLY needs to mod a sequel game for this...i mean,its EASY graphics...
>>
>>322729759
Wasn't the MC already teased for the next digimon game?
>>
>>322722570
The age food and poop mechanics were fucking weird at times

Like , if you get Gabumon at the beggining of the game he will ask twice as much food as agumon but will ask for shitting later

So you're like okay gabumon is a hungry fucker for the people that want a heavy weight digi

But if you get a gabumon through digivolution he doesn't act anything like that he will eat normally
>>
>>322719662
>You're list of commands is limited by the Intelligence Stat. More INT = More direct control. As the battle progresses, a FINISH bar will build up. When full, you can unleash the Digimons Signature attack for relatively large damage. A digimon may "Activate" 3 moves at any one time, that is to say there is a "bank" of moves you may teach your digimon, and these are interchangeable at anytime outside of combat, but once in combat, you need to use those 3 for the battle. These moves cost MP, with greater damage relating to higher cost.

Okay was i retarded as a kid or was getting max INT actually a bad move ?

I remember that when you got max INT your comands would be replaced by actual orders to use X or Y attack

But your digimon would get much better results if you told him to run away , then attack , then run away .... or a similar comand
Which you couldn't do anymore at max INT
>>
>>322716720
The greatest tragedy of the gaming industry is that this game didn't spawn any clones
>>
I never had Digimon World 1 as a kid.

I had two. I still play it every so often, but I've never beaten it.
What is the general consensus on 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIvut3qTUb0
>>
>>322732234
2 is the mystery dungeon one right?

Decent but definitely the weakest of the PSX Digimon games
>>
>>322716720
there's nothing top tier about this shit
>>
>>322732234
2 was and still is my favorite. I never played the first one, but played the fuck out of 2. Funny thing is if you go over 100 hours in the game the save file records it as 99:99 hours.
>>
>>322732234
>general consensus on 2
Pretty good, but tedious.
>>
>>322716720
>>322719762
can someone tell me why theres no "real" guide to this game

played it since I was 9 and you figure someone woulda ripped the evolution data and found out the exact methods of getting ultimates or why the really weird things happen

like when Ii had a birdramon turn into a devimon and then into phoenixmon
>>
>>322727253
>its a toyagumon card
>its a ditto/goemon/geodude card
>tankmon thats a new one oh boy!
>>
>>322728383
I never managed to ever go far in the game :(
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.