[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

xenoblade chronicles x

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 37

File: Screenshot_2016-01-05-15-16-21.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-05-15-16-21.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
I would like to start a thread for anything xenoblade related. Questions are welcomed
>>
>>322704445
>allies fuck up binding every single time
Here's a question, why is the party members' AI utter garbage?
>>
Tell me how to defeat Vita because I can't fucking do it and having to reset the game every time you die has to be the most horrible design flaw in a video game.
>>
>>322704596
I agree there pretty useless but just take the chicks and put them in hot shit at least there good to look at
>>
>>322704445
Has there been anybody working on porting over the Lynlee model to PC?
>>
>>322704819
Fair enough. I usually have Lin in the school girl outfit with glasses and Elma in the leather jacket + pants
>>
Is this thread meant for serious discussion or will my criticisms with this game just get flagged as bait?

How could they mess up so bad?
>>
Wheres that grinding spot? I would like to hit level 50 as soon as possible. Just a couple away from it.
>>
>>322705072
Theres always one autistic fanboy in XCX threads who thinks any criticism is bait, if he shows up just report him for spamming.
>>
>>322705282
Fn317
>>
>>322704445
How do you select weapon/armour augments to see what they do?
I hate having to google every single new effect to see what it does.
>>
>>322705338
Well that's alright then, I posted this shit in another thread since my autism kinda flared up but here goes

>terribly utilized OST
>the most insufferable cast of characters imaginable, basically walking charades
>unfunny and overdone jap humor that simply goes too far
>clichéd and stereotypical, often downright annoying villains
>one of the worst final bosses imaginable (story wise, i won't comment on the fight itself)
>awful mech combat, completely trivializes an already easy game
>suffers from diablo 3 syndrome, i.e you can be anything at any time, no consequence for the way you skill
>no-name, silent protagonist instead of something like shulk
>shitty "to be continued" ending

That's about it for the most part, aside from some other stuff, gameplay wise it's alright on foot for the most part
>>
>>322706225
-press x on the gear
-press select augment
>>
Someone convince me to continue the story. I got my skell and I've spent 20 hours exploring Primordia, Noctilum and Oblivia to over 40% each and even started on Sylvalum. I've done an assload of quests and have gotten 5 AM's to level 5.
>>
>>322706363
I don't think diablo 3 syndrome is necessarily a problem. It allows for a lot of customization. Why should people be punished for doing what they want?
>>
>>322706363
>hey, if I criticize the game will people sperg?
>nah man, go ahead
>well okay then: ITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHITITSSHIT

Dude. Calm down.
>>
>>322707428
You can fly in your skells after chapter 9.
>>
Anyone know how to build a non-heavy level 60 skell to be good for the ultrafauna?
>>
>>322706363
>terribly utilized OST
Stopped reading right here. End yourself.
>>
>>322707428
Beat the main game and you can get a skell with a wings of light attack.
>>
File: 1435367934324.jpg (69KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1435367934324.jpg
69KB, 320x240px
>finally defeated rexoskell

I don't care what happens in that quest or even in the story anymore. I can die in peace.
>>
>>322704764
This, I'm thinking about just buying a level 50 skell to just get it over with. Worth it to make grinding mats for 60 frames easier?
>>
>>322707621
Because it removes any weight your decisions might have had regarding what to skill and whatnot, here it's just very cookie cutter as literally anything will get you through the game
Now I realize it was practically the same in XC but still, I'd just hoped for more depth in the not-action part of the combat

>>322707686
I merely listed things that bothered me about the game, not sure how you translated that to me calling everything shit? As I said, the GAMEPLAY is solid, on foot at least which is the important part

>>322707934
You do understand what I meant by that, right?

I didn't enjoy having those vocal tracks being so loud the voice acting was barely audible anymore during the cutscenes
I never said the OST was bad
>>
>>322707686
Those are all true though
t. Someone who likes the game
>>
>>322704445
Why are you not in your general?
>>
>>322708027
Remember to head back there for Mia. You've earned it anon
>>
My free skell got destroyed, is there anyway i can get it back
>>
File: 1451403816969.gif (903KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1451403816969.gif
903KB, 320x180px
will Melia ever experience happiness?
>>
>>322704596
They always do perfect skell ejects so I don't understand how they can fuck up binding so badly
>>
>>322704596
Just pick the option to handle binds from the command menu
>>
>>322704764
Hit him until he goes immune. When he's immune kill the defense orb in the middle that is making him immune. Go back and hit him. For the dog things, hope your mech isn't destroyed. For the last part, hit him until he dies.
>>
What the hell am I supposed to do after I save that turnip faggot and get back to base? The game threw a whole bunch of shit in my face at once and now I'm completely lost.
>>
I love it!
>>
>>322709463
What shit? It's been a while since I rescued Potato-kun with Potato-chan.
>>
>>322709432
Before the immune thing though, he RESISTS like 80% of my attacks.

After the immune thing, targeting on to him is the biggest pain in the ass because he has so much shit around him
>>
>>322709353
I'm obviously going to give myself the best Skell weapons so the ideal situation would be to have them bind so I can attack
>>
File: X9jXL1c.jpg (33KB, 590x650px) Image search: [Google]
X9jXL1c.jpg
33KB, 590x650px
I like XC way better than XCX but it does have it's good points, such as being able to pilot a goddamn mech, and how vertical and well thought out the planet of Mira is. The sense of adventure is amazing.
Unfortunately the story beyond the setting and introduction is very poor and the characters even worse.

At least the "Dunban Build" in XCX is really good so I can be a cool dodge-everything murder machine.
>>
>>322709670
You need an aura that boosts your accuracy in this game. Every weapon has one, even the mechs.
>>
>>322709670
You can also lock target by clicking in the right thumbstick.
>>
>>322704596
Compared to Xenoblade I much prefer X's AI buddies

fuck Melia
>>
BotanicSage more like BotanicShulk amirite
>>
>>322706363
I think the ost was perfect, and I think open customization makes the game more fun. I agree with you on everything else.
>>
how to fix X
>remove lv 50 skells and sell lv 60 skells like normal gear
>augments are made with minerals your probes collect instead of requiring 48 random monster drops
>let me look up stats and attacks of tyrants I lost to
>change OCG for chain attacks and give each character at least one break or topple move
>remove size mechanic and adjust the levels instead
now most tyrants should actually be fun to fight
>>
>>322709803
What's the dunban build then?
Galactic knight or Duelist?

Because I went Duelist and I really, really really really really dislike using those edgy 2handers and not being able to wield my samurai katana in my left hand fighting single handedly
>>
File: What is this feeling.png (102KB, 451x330px) Image search: [Google]
What is this feeling.png
102KB, 451x330px
>mfw flying over NLA and Primordia for the first time
HOLY SHIT, DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE, IT'S ALRIGHT!
>>
>>322709803
why is Dunban such a fucking bro?
>>
Where to get all the dosh. Just started and need skells for my mates
>>
>>322710153
WHY DOES THAT KEEP POPPING UP

I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME

also for the last week i kept seeing "straight out of africa if you ask me"

miiverse is weird
>>
>>322704445
Can I unlock different faces and hair options at some point?

The game only gave me four faces to pick from.
At first I thought it was 8 but it turns out that its just 4 bases doubled.
>>
>>322704445
I'm having trouble getting elma's heart to hearts. Any special conditions I should be aware of? Also, any time sensitive things other than Lao?
>>
File: puffled my jigglies.jpg (119KB, 648x720px) Image search: [Google]
puffled my jigglies.jpg
119KB, 648x720px
>doing tournament quest in the Test Hangar
>fun and fair fights all around
>time for the final round
>the fucker pulls out a level 90 skell and steamrolls my party
Well no fucking wonder he won three years in a row, the fucking cheat
>>
>>322710359
It's the build everyone shits on.
Dual guns+duelist. Sword like Dunban uses while spamming ghost walker so you never get hit. Adding aggro skills is optional.
>>
>Finally find a decent character to replace Lin with because I like bastion warrior and want a little more variance in my party

>Forced to use Lin in story quests

Fuck. How many chapters are there anyway? I recently beat 9.
>>
How to beat chapter 10 boss, I have 3 level 47 characters and one 43 and I still lose
>>
>>322711053
>characters
Nigger, you have mechs, don't you? My Infernus with the fuckhuge sword and the default cannon made the trick.
>>
>>322711025
I just played duelist normally, spamming Overdrive with the Overdrive heal enhancement and I practically never died once I got the first skill you get from Nagi

>>322711037

>>322711053
What's the ch10 boss? The giant mech? Or the furries?

Either way, lower resistances and use Overdrive, it's OP as fuck
Also, utilize ur skells
>>
>>322711217
3 of them 2 heavies and 1 medium, and I feel like I put good weapons and gear on them
>>
>>322710718
Speaking of that spoiler, How does his gear work? I'm right before Chapter 9 and want to know if anything I have equipped to him is able to be reobtained. I won't lose anything equipped on him as fashion gear, right? Also, the only actual missable related to him is having affinity with him maxed, and the heart-to-hearts, while not related to completion, can only be done before he leaves? I'm not gonna go insane and max out his level because while I like the dude as a party member, it won't make a difference and I did his affinity missions/got him to Rank 20 in his class.

i don't wanna fuck this up because the game has no NG+
>>
File: lynlee.jpg (13KB, 172x173px) Image search: [Google]
lynlee.jpg
13KB, 172x173px
>starting actually controlling lyn during gameplay since i need someone to pull agro with half a brain and really needed her to stop aggressing things we weren't currently fighting
>kit her out with some upgraded skills and all the shooting arts
>she's a god damn unstoppable monster
>slap her in the power armor on the fasion armor slots to make her baked potato-tier

i kind of appreciate potatogirl now
>>
>>322711484
Attack appendages like the shield looking things on the side and don't ignore other enemies.
>>
>>322710718
You require a pet cat for one of them and you have to do them in order. No, that I'm aware of.
>>
>>322711484
If the issue is not enough damage output, get more firepower. If the issue is survival, buy a Wels and spec it out because you will never get hit
>>
>>322709823
Where do I get accuracy auras?
>>
File: 1410744797997.jpg (51KB, 439x445px) Image search: [Google]
1410744797997.jpg
51KB, 439x445px
>Oh hey I can take down Millesaurs now maybe I can finally get revenge on those fucking robots in Sylvalum for making my life hell
>Still gets utterly destroy, they pretty much one-shot all but one of my level 50 skells
>>
>>322711539
You get everything back from Doug's 5th heart-to-heart.
>>
>>322710718
Get a cat.
>>322710276
Not slimming 18 characters to 6? Damn near all the affinity missions and normal missions seems more like they should have been part of the damn story instead of a side quest. The main story seems more like a side quest than the all the normal missions and affinity missions are the main story like Frye and Phog affinity mission after chapter 8 where you have to defend NLA and attack a stronghold. That could have been a story to deal with the aftermath of NLA invasion and dealing with any counterattack and staging a counter offense against the ganglion.

Everyone says silent protagonist is what ruined the story but seeing how the side missions is fucking phenomenal with the silent character the main mission is what lacking.
>>
>>322711539
Dunno about the equipment thing. You can always just give him some crap equipment before starting the next chapter. Yes and yes. I passed on that one, it's not worth the trouble, unless you're gonna go full OCD later on.
>>
>>322711935
Thank you based Doug.

Sorta-related question, if you sell unique gear like Elma's starting gear, where would you get it back if you even can? I've been hoarding everyhing but I wanna know if its a kinda game where you can rebuy unique gear.
>>
>>322711954
>silent protagonist
I wish Japan stopped doing that fucking bullshit already.
>>
>>322711747
>being shit at the game
>G-Buster
>Stagger
>Bind
>Javelin from the side
>Stagger
>Bind
>By then a party member is close to breaking an appendage which causes a stagger
>bind
>9/10 the Xe-dom is close to dying or dies during a bind
>>
>>322712232
You can't get [character name] equipment back, but there's gear that's exactly the same visually. For example the official suits are the same as Nagi's suit, the suit you can craft with Treasure Sensor XX from the AM terminal looks like L's suit on males and Celica's on females, etc.
>>
>>322711954
Now I wouldn't say the silent protag is the sole reason the game is shit but honestly, it's a pretty big deal

I think you're right though with the side missions, they should've just incorporated them into the main story somehow instead of making them completely optional
I mean look at XC, if you literally only do the main story, you're still looking at a good 40-50 hours of quality content
In X the main story is what, maybe 5-10 hours? If you discount the forced exploration of course

It's fucking pathetic to be honest family
>>
>>322712232
Character starting gear are just renamed versions of other equipment.
>>
>>322711954
The problem isn't silent MC. The issue is silent MC combined with main story cast of Elma/Lin/Tatsu.

Here's what every cutscene feels like.

Elma: Let me state something obvious
Lin: I wanna eat Tatsu
Tatsu: I am not food
Elma: Survival is important, right Rook?
Player: (Yes/No)
Lin: That's true, but I'm still hungry

The reason games like Chrono Trigger got away with a silent protag is because the other characters were really expressive and good.
>>
>>322712606
And recolored. I just got access to Elma's suit in generic green instead.
>>
>>322712561
>>322712606
gonna keep hoarding, thanks for the info
>>
>>322711747
Pretty much what the other anon said. You have to keep interrupting them via stagger or breaking appendages since otherwise they're gonna use their big attacks which hit like trucks
>>
>>322712583
I agree entirely.
> but honestly, it's a pretty big deal
Just imagine if Shulk was a silent protagonist.
That's how this game feels to me, missed potential.
>>322712667
Every party member in XCX feels like a caricature with no real personality. The ones in XC felt so unique and each party member was useful in their own way. Now I just pick whoever has the nicest face since you have 2 or 3 of every class and as the main character who can be every class you can just handle everything yourself.
>>
>>322712709
There's a red version that looks exactly the same as her starting outfit.
>>
>>322712853
also speaking of picking members, forcing Elma/Lin for every story/most affinity missions is dumb. I don't like the game discouraging me from using people I like more such as Doug or Irina.
>>
>>322713070
I use them 100% of the time anyway since I'd rather not have them under levelled for the main story, since you're restricted to those two the main story anyway... I'd rather use HB, Doug and Irina too but I guess we have to wait until post game.
>>
>>322712853
>shulk as a silent protag
Yea just kill me now

I don't know if anyone else felt like this but the whole time I was playing XC I felt like this is anime in video game form done right, it just felt so alive japanese and it just all felt so right

>>322713070
>get L
>actually enjoyable character, funny dialogue
>he has maybe 20 unique lines in the entire game

fuck this shit
>>
>>322704445
>work my ass off and finally get a Lv30 Hobo
>buy some weapons for it
>notice one called Laser Drones
>slap them to its shoulder
>use it against a Tyrant
>mfw
My dick literally cannot be harder than this
Whoever animated these sure loves his mecha
>>
File: 1451139299580.jpg (77KB, 640x372px) Image search: [Google]
1451139299580.jpg
77KB, 640x372px
>>322713413
I fucking forgot my face
>>
>>322704445
Is there helmets in this game? The character design is atrocious but this actually looks like a decent game for Wii U.
>>
>>322713413
I discovered the drones and now all my mechs will have it from now until forever.
So cool.
>>
>>322713384
>less silly end battle quotes like the Reynbow discussion

I get that they wanted a different approach and that it had some benefits, but damn I miss XC's god tier cast.

>>322713649
There are helmets.

>>322713653
I only have level 30 mechs but I love the ridiculous Beam Gatling skill.
>>
>>322713649
There are tons of helmets, in fact.
>>
I just bought the game. What should I expect, seriously
>>
>>322713989
long ass intro, cool game mechanics, shitty potato jokes, and doug being overleveled for the first 15 hours of the game.
>>
>>322713989
Small text and mountains that you can both see and climb
>>
>>322713989
Exploration adventures, food jokes, pizza and awesome mechs.
>>
>>322714141
>>322714152
Should I download the 20gb stuff for textures and what not
>>
File: ThunderCats_poster.jpg (356KB, 538x768px) Image search: [Google]
ThunderCats_poster.jpg
356KB, 538x768px
>>322704445
I'm on the second stage of the boss fight in chapter 9. The thunder cats are stomping me.

Somehow, I managed to beat the first stage by the skin of my teeth at level 32. But this second stage is giving me some serious trouble. I even bought a new medium weight doll for myself and decked it out with the highest weapons I could get, I gave my starting one to elma.

Lin get's knocked out almost instantly, despite being the same level as me and having upgraded arts and using my best heavy armor I can get at the moment. And Elma ends up getting her doll destroyed halfway through the girl cats healthbar, then get's curb stomped the moment she ejects. My only hope for backup in the fight are the random player avatars I recruit, since my most competent side characters were restricted. And they can only do so much.

Not to mention I can only try so many times, as fuel doesn't refill after being knocked out for some reason, even thought this is clearly a fight designed for you to use the doll or be massively overleveled.

Basically, all my AI's get's KO'd by the time he summons his helpers, which is okay in a fight of honor apparently, and they all agro to me so I can't do too much with all the stunlock.
>>
>>322714258
Loading times are noticably different.So yes if you're patient enough
>>
>>322714258
Yes. Makes Exploring the game a little better.
>>
>>322714258
Depends if you're fine with the current load times or want them to be faster.
>>
>>322714258
At the very least you should download the basic and city packs.
>>
>>322714303
Buy more Dolls. The starter is a junker that wont last long. Get 2 heavies and a Wels and you're set. The level 30s dont cost a whole lot so you should be able to get that.
>>
>>322714303
>this is clearly a fight designed for you to use the doll
No, it's a fight designed for you AND YOUR TEAM to use dolls.

>level 32
>Only two Skells
You're clearly rushing things. Have you been ignoring the side missions?
>>
>>322714258
Yes. The pop-in is atrocious without the packs. Especially in NLA which you will be at very often. It's still bad but at least you're not waiting 20-30 seconds for an NPC to load.
>>
>>322714303
The fight really isn't that bad if you have a team of skells.
>>
>>322711598
Not him, but how do I get a cat?
>>
>>322706363
>>the most insufferable cast of characters imaginable, basically walking charades
The extra characters are fine, if not great for the most part.
The problem is that the main characters are just bad compared to them.
Lin by herself is not that bad at all, but the fucking jokes with the talking turnip makes her grating by association.
Whenever she's not talking about how Tatsu is finally fat enough to cook, she's just fine.
Elma just plain sucks, I can't think of any redeeming part of her.
>>
>>322714985
9 lives affinity quest does. Its located at the north part of the commercial district

You get more pets from the mission board after that.
>>
>>322714985
There are random missions in the board that require you to go save dogs or cats. When you complete them you get to own them.
>>
File: AGAINST THE MODS.jpg (232KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
AGAINST THE MODS.jpg
232KB, 800x1200px
>>322713737
>It's quiet without Reyn and Riki around.
>Agreed. Let's continue with this team
F U C K I N G
S
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>322714712
That's the thing, though. I spent all my money on a new medium, them used the remaining to deck it out as best I could. At the time, I had enough to buy two light weights, one medium that could be decked out completely, or any of the currently available heavies but I couldn't have bought any weapons for it.

What do the weight classes even mean?
>>
>>322715503
More weight = more everything, except for accuracy and agility. Dunno if there are exclusive weapons for each weight class or something.
>>
>>322714719
I don't really understand skells. I'm just shy of 40 hours in now. I thought I would be able to upgrade my starter, so I held off on getting new ones. I just now found out you can't really do that. Plus, I had the fear that if I gave the retarded AI skells that they would end up holding out until they exploded instead of jumping out before like I do. I didn't know if you do the quick time right you don't have to pay for repairs, or that the AI perfects it every time.

Coming from chronicles, this game is fairly confusing.
>>
>>322714965
I am poor.
>>
It might end up just making the world feel even smaller than it did when you first got a regular skell, but damn, flying for the first time was an incredible feeling.
>>
>>322715503
Heavies cant dodge shit but hit like trucks, have huge fuel capacity and are bulky fuckers

Lights are dodgetanks, not too durable but still good in that regard, bad fuel cap and good damage output.

Fuck knows with mediums, I personally stick to my Wels while I trick out party members in heavies for dps. You know those XeDoms roaming Sylvalum? Every time I fight one with my party they lose their 50 frame heavies damn quick while I'm left to clean up pretty much the entire mess in the Wels because nothing can hit me.
>>
Are there fast ways to up your rank and blade level?
>>
>>322715815
How much do accuracy and agility play into skell combat, anyway? From what I've seen they're mostly giant damage dispensers you use until you have to abandon ship so they won't explode.

The game doesn't really explain any of this, I even looked in the manual.
>>
>>322715893
Skells have a set level. More or less you can use them to fight enemies up to 25 levels above the Skell's. The AI may blow up faster than you, but they're always eject perfectly, so don't worry about that. I did the Thundercat's fight piloting an Inferno and with 2 lights and the basic Skell for my teammates and I had no problems whatsoever.
>>
>>322716002
Then set up your probes properly. No one should have monetary problems in a game that gives you free money every 15 minutes.
>>
>>322716498
I get 20k every cycle. The problem is I just spent all my cash on a new doll and weapons for it.
>>
>>322716183
Giving things away in squad deals always gives you 50 BLADE points (which is about as much as opening a field item), so be sure to be generous whenever you don't want the loot you're getting.
After you finish chapter 12, you unlock grinding missions for money, affinity, battle points, experience, etc.
>>
>>322716287
I picked the Inferno, admittedly it was mostly because it's head looked like metal gear Rex.

I'm planning on buying another doll as soon as I can. Are there any you can get for free aside from the first one?
>>
>never checked what the scout reward thing was
>finally go to the terminal on a whim
>get an assload of experience

???
>>
>>322716715
>20k

Look around. Find research probes. Place them wisely. I was probably getting around 60k at chapter 9 and even thats probably low for that point.
>>
What are some essential augs?
>>
>>322716919
Not anytime soon. You can build some of them when you get their blueprints, and if you got the required materials, but that's further down the line.
>>
When/where can I get trekware?

also is there a way to get more storage and research probes other than finding treasure?
>>
>>322717276
People 'recruited' your avatar and had it fight as part of their party. You get 1/4th of the experience they acquired while using your character.
>>
>>322717292
TP gain from art use (either melee or ranged based on your build)
Anti-reflect art of the damage type you'll be using the most.
>>
>>322715419
>You can't have a rainbow without Reyn!
>Dunban, you need to talk to Reyn.
>No, let's pretend it didn't happen.
This fucking guy.
>>
>>322717641
>also is there a way to get more storage and research probes other than finding treasure?
Do all the Kirsty and Tobias quests
>>
What's the best way to get credits before beating the game?

I'm trying to get everyone level 50 skells but god damn they're so expensive. The best method I've found is farming the crazy aeviters for their ultra gear then selling it, but even then I'm barely getting 1m every 30 minutes.
>>
>>322717631
>>322716919
I think the earliest one you get is by finishing Boze's 2nd affinity quest.
>>
>>322718212
I remember the boss of that one is pretty fucking annoying. Gave me trouble even though I was 5ish levels above the recommended.
>>
so whats this game about v i have a wiiu just collecting dust

i hear its like an mmo but i've always hated mmos

will i hate this?

guide my cock /v/
>>
>>322718549
The big fish thing? I was lv 40 or so with the latest armor and he couldn't do shit to me. I afterburned the shit out of him.
>>
File: jyk8xsl.jpg (301KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jyk8xsl.jpg
301KB, 900x1200px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3yG_20r338

this deserves to be posted in every XCX thread
>>
Do you ever get the white gold that cat bitch stole from the celeste 3 or is that the end of the quest line? I was pretty cheesed when I didn't get the 5 mil I was promised.
>>
>>322718665
It has an MMO-like combat system, but other than that it's purely single player. Well, you can do MP stuff if you want to, but you can ignore all that, so go ahead. Exploring Mira is a lot of fun.
>>
>>322718665
It's like an MMO, so yes you will hate it.
>>
>>322718908
That's wrong. I loathe MMOs, and yet I'm enjoying this game a lot.
>>
>>322719209
That's because you don't need to interact with human beings to play this.
MMO's are shit because you have to socialize to get anywhere.
>>
>>322718110
Set up your probes properly, don't have any mining probes since you'll be getting too many materials and miranium than you'd ever need to anyway, and mining probes diminish your monetary revenue, set up good research probe combos based on location chains with good revenue ratings and/or discovered secret locations (Noctilum in particular has a nice chain opportunity that you can carry over all the way to Primordia), and put booster probes at the end of those chains. And most importantly:
Plant
Probes
Everywhere
Don't leave a single probe site empty, unless it requires level 5 mechanical skill or flying, you should be planting as many probes as possible, on every continent.
Also be sure to do the miranium exchange quests with May May on the Ma-non ship.
>>
why can't the monado harm people before its "shackles" are released by "zanza"?
>>
>>322706363
Shulk? Pretty much a shit character,, please kill yourself you fucking autistic asshole
>>
>>322719684
Already doing that on top of this, I was thinking more of something that'll get me 10m within an hour or two.
>>
>>322715419
>When the going get going, the tough get tough
>Hahaha, even Riki know that not right
>Reyn, what are you babbling on about!?

The characters and their banter are easily one the biggest things I miss about XC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGGf78H2fck
>>
literally having to watch youtube videos to find out how to defeat the final boss
>>
>>322719775

Probably a failsafe measure to avoid it being used against Zanza's potential hosts.
>>
So I hear what division you're in effects what quests you get, is this true? I ask because I want to switch from being an interceptor and being stuck getting bottom tier rewards to being a prospector and having access to the good shit since they're always top tier.
>>
>>322721473
I don't think so. Your division only affects the amount of BLADE points you get from doing stuff, AFAIK.
>>
File: 1423550514343.jpg (50KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1423550514343.jpg
50KB, 720x576px
>the beam superweapons
>the hexad thingy and the dragoon lance
>take up 4 slots
>and aren't even particularly good
>>
File: Lou.png (317KB, 407x536px) Image search: [Google]
Lou.png
317KB, 407x536px
>>322721586
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
I think less of people who say they don't like XBC
>>
>>322721796
i got bored of XBC after the first few battles

i have over 300 hours in XBCX

fight me, nerd
>>
>>322704445
why does this hooker/striper have guns?
>>
>>322722126
cuz she's a full metal jaguar
>>
>>322722179
stage name?
>>
File: mpc-hc64 2016-01-04 23-16-42-88.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc64 2016-01-04 23-16-42-88.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>322721796
I played 20 hours of the original XBC and I couldn't continue. It bored the hell out of me and the pacing was too slow.

XBX fixed a lot of the issues I had gameplay wise and overall more fun to explore and do.
>>
>>322722126
Cuz she knows punk asses will try to get away with minimum tips otherwise.
>>
File: manon.jpg (282KB, 900x502px) Image search: [Google]
manon.jpg
282KB, 900x502px
HEY THERE
>>
File: 1450767735002.png (11KB, 216x198px) Image search: [Google]
1450767735002.png
11KB, 216x198px
>>322722539
>>
>>322722539
>>
File: 1427774158591.png (228KB, 361x335px) Image search: [Google]
1427774158591.png
228KB, 361x335px
>>322704445
>taking a screenshot of a picture instead of saving it on your phone
>>
>>322715419
I'm still going through the game and I keep thinking he's going to leave and become a villain at some point. He is too based to keep in your party.

>he later gets his own beam sword from a damn item shop
Monado ain't looking so special now
>>
File: 1450410904851.jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450410904851.jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
>>322722539
not today
>>
>>322723065
>>322722665
>>322722604
I bet you faggots unevenly distribute salami
>>
>>322723065
I let him kill one. Can you get him to kill all of them?
>>
>>322722987
He never turns on you. But somebody else does.
>>
>>322721796
The big differences between XBC and XBCX for me were
>party gauge or overdrive
>vision tags or soul voices
>more smaller unique worlds or fewer large open ended basic worlds
>story or no story

I liked vision tags and the party gauge more than what XBCX replaced them with, but everything else XBCX did with the combat I really enjoyed. I kinda wish the characters were more charming though, none of them really seem special which is fitting because they're supposed to be robots being controlled by ordinary humans, that doesn't mean they're more enjoyable though. Being able to fly a face around is also cool as fuck. I also liked the music XBC had more than XBCX, but this is alljust my opinion which is going to make someone post a smug reaction face
>>
My fuck Chapter 12 is horrible
>>
Finished my reflect build today. Now I can finally dump my party members and explore the world on foot without a bunch of cartoon characters yelling the same phrases at me over and over again.
>>
>>322722539
Ha ha they like pizza alot, and tatsu is food.
>>
>>322723437
git gud fag
>>
>>322723546
It's not about getting good. It's horrible designed in every single aspect
>>
Will I be okay in the story if Lin and Elma are a little underleveled?
I wanna use other teammates for awhile.
>>
File: aefdwefqw.jpg (34KB, 342x326px) Image search: [Google]
aefdwefqw.jpg
34KB, 342x326px
>>322722539

just got to chaper 5 with these things

why

why do we have midget jar jars in this

i forgot all about them
>>
>>322723615
________________________________________________________________________________________________git___________________________________gud_______________________
>>
>>322723615
I did it first try with 2 50 frames and 2 30s. I didnt think it was that bad. Hell I was still shit at Overdrives and did the last phase pretty okay too.
>>
>>322723646
yes and you should switch out
>>
>>322723646
there are grinding spots later in the game (before the last boss) that'll get everyone to level 60 quick, so don't worry

I'd be more worried about
>>
>>322723740
How'd you get 2 L50 frames before beating the game? Did you get the cheap ones?
>>
what affinity missions are the best to do first? im doing the one where hideo kojima makes you go do his missions. i think i need to do something like place probes and generate money instead of minerals.
>>
>>322723670
the Japanese voices were way worse.
>>
>>322723964
Might as well get Lao's first one out of the way since it's mandatory to do Chapter 8, same with Lin but that should come naturally.
>>
>>322723615
I beat chapter 12 at level 45 with 3 level 30 Dolls. Overdrive is your friend.
>>
>Psycorruptor women
>never use ray guns
>never realize how terror inducing it is for a party member to use Beam Barrage until I get Yelv and he attracts a level 84 tyrant just moseying on by
>>
File: what.jpg (16KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
16KB, 640x360px
>>322723962
How do you not have enough money to buy practically anything you want? I really don't get people saying they have money problem, just fucking explore and set up probes, they literally give you free money, and nothing in the game is worth buying except for skell frames and shields. I always had enough money to buy a skell and gear for it every time a teammate or I reached a frame threshold level, up to four skells per thresholds, that's literally all you have to spend your infinite free money on, how do you even run out of income? What's more, every quests and nearly every items you open on the field also gives you money, and you get money from items you have 99 of, which will include all of the ore types in no time.
>>
>1 2 3 4
God I hate this fucking song
>>
>>322723434
that's exactly how I feel

I didn't mean to imply that I think XBX is bad or that I didn't like it

but people who say they didn't like XBC for whatever reason really bother me. that game has stuck with me ever since I finished it. the characters, the story themes, the music, the environments. every single inch of that game was memorable for me (exaggeration, obviously, but you get the idea)

XBX was awesome fun, and I had a blast playing it. I wouldn't finish a game I didn't like. But very little aside from mira stuck with me. It felt like I was checking off quest boxes as if I was in FFXIV or WoW or something.

I was never in a battle where I felt excited. The battle would start, I would execute my combos and soul voices, and then the battle would conclude. If I wasn't prepared for that battle, it was immediately obvious and putting up a fight was usually not worth it. Perhaps that's simply me knowing how to prepare for stuff better having gone through the first iteration of the game, but XBC had many moments where you were on the ropes but could persevere by timing your heals just right or getting a good chain attack going.

The only fight that put up a semblance of a challenge in the story mode was the infamous chapter 9. I was level 34 when I attempted it, I died after a pretty close fight. I happened to level up from the adds to 35 before dying, and I mopped the floor with the next attempt. It's stuff like that that made me less excited to fight.
>>
All I ever get is fucking mining probes, where do I get research probes?
>>
>>322724415
It's better than HUH HUH YEAH YEAH
>>
>>322723962
Wels and a Mastema I think. Also I rarely bought shit and made sure to keep my probes up to par while doing a shit ton of exploring and questing. I probably had about 15m when I hit lv50 for the Wels and then got the other a little later after Elma hit 50. Seriously, if you arent raking in at least 100k with proves by that point you are doing something very wrong.
>>
>>322723962
not that guy

I beat chapter 12 after having two level 50 frames. I bought a Lailah and a Verus I believe. Pretty sure just the Lailah would've been fine, but I got the Verus because I had the cash lying around before I started the mission.

If you're not making 140k+ per tick on FrontierNav right now, you need to go fix that. Money should NOT be an object in this game.
>>
>>322724401
>>322724570
>>322724687
I'm pulling in about 105k right now. I guess I'm just inpatient, because it would take well over 12 hours before I have enough to buy these skells. Guess it's back to farming.. but the FN yields will help.
>>
>>322724787
go hunting for map treasures

mechanical treasures sometimes have Research Probes. pretty sure there are maps floating around the internet of all the research probe locations. if they don't have probes, they will often have decent money.

find all of the sightseeing spots for each probe location. remove all mining nodes so you get max money. look up good probe placements to maximize cash flow. if for some reason you still haven't done this, actually go probe ALL of the locations!

look for normal missions around NLA. the late game ones can drop buttloads of cash on you.
>>
>>322724787
How many hours in are you? I did chapter 12 at around 110 or so because I was dicking around so much in between story missions. All that time was bound to make the probes add up.
>>
Another form are you fucking kidding me

Please just end already
>>
>>322724128

i know

i'm living this nightmare
>>
>>322725193
Final boss?

Lao is much harder than Luxaar
>>
>>322725351
Not him, but really? I beat lao first try.
The final boss should be a walk in the park then.
>>
>>322725593
Pretty sure he means Lao 2: the Laoning.
>>
>>322725593
resident evil loa
>>
File: 1451651.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451651.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>322725351
>tfw didn't have area effect art skells at the time
>all of a sudden these chameleons destroyed all my skells
>get slaughtered when trying again without them
>>
>>322725351
Lao is fine, it's those fucking Chimeras in phase 123948239478 of the fight that destroy all of my teams skells and leave me screwed

Then in the Lao fight there are another bunch of them to deal with

I just cannot be fucked with this anymore. I've reset the game more times than I care because they thought it was a good idea to not respawn your skell in the last fight
>>
>>322718665
Throw away side quests with no voice acting. Collectathons and fetching. Repetitive. Everything is done through a GUI from looting to handing in quests. Lifeless characters with anything not in the main story being half assed. It's all quantity over quality.
>>
What does weapon attack up do? Does it just improve the damage on your autos?
>>
>>322724491
>It felt like I was checking off quest boxes as if I was in FFXIV or WoW or something.
Just throwing this out there, but maybe that's because because you put more stock into the basic mission board missions than you really ought to have?

I only ever went to those to pick up neat gear, get quick affinity with team mates, see if there was something I could do with all this Miranium I'm shitting out, or get the starting quests to get affinity missions.

>I was never in a battle where I felt excited
I couldn't say I was ever really in one either, but I wouldn't say there were battles where I was bored, either. I was grossly overleveled for XBC from doing sidequests and exploring, and I am still grossly overleveled for XBX from doing sidequests and exploring. I am currently level 30 and I just finished Chapter 4. I get my jollies from trying to go where I obviously shouldn't be going yet and somehow making it through regardless. Picking up a bunch of enemies at once until the weak ones number so many that I may actually feel threatened is fun. Challenging Tyrants in general is fun,.

I know I'm not really far yet, but I doubt the difficulty is going to ramp up significantly to give me any kind of challenge, much like XBC. Even the infamous chapter 9.

>putting up a fight was usually not worth it
The same was usually true of XBC.

>XBC had many moments where you were on the ropes but could persevere by timing your heals just right or getting a good chain attack going
I wouldn't say this game lacks those, just mostly that we're too familiar with the basic system so we're not going to feel that same stress of hard-fought challenge as often, or in the same way. Like, Goetia's first appearance annihilated my party save myself due to overleveling, and had I not been, I may have felt threatened.

I really think it's less down to the system as I actually enjoy the base system far more, and more down to the familiarity.
>>
Anyone mind telling me where L usually is? I want to add him to my party but he keeps freezing my affinity chart.
>>
>>322726281
It improves the damage on your everything to do with that weapon.
>>
>>322725894

>Hey look, I'm a bird!
>fights over

At least you had a challenge, anon.
>>
>>322726352
Armoury Alley for me.
>>
>>322724548
No its not. At least that has a decent western guitar lick over it. That. 1 2 3 4 song is just a 4/4 wailing snare drum and guitar riff pulled straight from a b-grade stock music site
>>
>>322726352
He's to the left of Armory Alley, near the BLADE tower, except in the afternoon where he's at his first heart-to-heart location and I have no idea where that is.
>>
File: XfsEcCQ[1].jpg (347KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
XfsEcCQ[1].jpg
347KB, 854x480px
:(
>>
>>322706363
>terribly utilized OST
Well baited.
>>
>finally get a few L50 skells for the last boss
>get to Lao
>2nd form
>drains all the fuel from all the skells

yep, i'm done with this dumb game
>>
>>322726890
stop sucking
final form is balanced for ground combat anyway, that's the entire point
>>
>>322724491
we must have been playing different games. clutch chrome armor or dives have been pivotal in fights especially at lower levels. had to hunt 3 auravis' for a basic mission and dodging the drill pecks with def/eva skills or dive was the difference.

picking off single enemies from groups, using decoy round then jumping to higher ground to reduce enemy damage, trapping large enemies in terrain then sniping them down. there's so much hilarious/dumb ways to fight especially when underlevelled
>>
>>322726890
Same thing literally just happened to me

This shit is so annoying
>>
>>322726890
git gud
>>
File: 1431923925427.png (313KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1431923925427.png
313KB, 500x500px
>>322726890
>He didn't invest in ground combat
>Game calls him out on his being a bitch
>Just quits like the faggot he is because WAAH I WANT MY WIN BUTTON BOTS
>>
>>322726890
>>322727017
So fucking get out.
>>
>>322727106
desu I only got this game for the robots, I couldn't give less of a shit about the dumb FF12 meme mmo ground combat

I guess this is where the game ends for me, not like i really want to play it anymore anyways
>>
>>322726890
His second form is easy as shit. If you're level 50 you shouldn't have a problem
>>
>>322727192
>being tsundere for video games
>>
XCX's postgame is nothing but a big grind, but it always amuses me to see some detractors claim that XBC's extra content wasn't as grindy.

Did they even try the superbosses? The grind to get all the Debuff Protector VI and Undefeatable VI and all the Topple Up/Topple Plus VI for your party was agonizingly slow because of how gem crafting worked. That's not even mentioning trying to get the best gear and everything.

While memeblade builds in XCX are everywhere, they tend to forget that Topplelocking was basically everything you did for endgame in XBC. I suspect that's why it isn't as big a strategy in this game, along with the removal of chain attacks. Overdrive is OP by itself, but you have to work for it.
>>
File: g5QCTtc.jpg (484KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
g5QCTtc.jpg
484KB, 1280x720px
>>322727192
dude re-read what you just typed. a video game literally made you cry like a bitch. like sobbing over one direction splitting up

also this game needed more censorship Elma in light armor should be against the law
>>
>>322727194
Again, it's not him, it's the billion fucking reptiles they bring in at the half way point
>>
File: you did it.jpg (37KB, 640x467px) Image search: [Google]
you did it.jpg
37KB, 640x467px
>>322727192
>Literally getting beaten by a video game
Get off this board
>>
>>322727192
What a retard.

>wa 2 hard i quit!!!!
>>
Just you wait /v/, in a few more months or so, people are going to start saying the Xenoblade has the worst community
>>
on the bright side at least he admitted he gave up

most bads would insist that they won but that it was shit anyway even though they obviously didn't
>>
File: 1450554185212.jpg (13KB, 480x495px) Image search: [Google]
1450554185212.jpg
13KB, 480x495px
>>322704445
I sent in my Wii U for repairs before I could finish this game
had to for the corrupt file that made Sm4sh brick the Wii U
I have no idea if they'll be able to save my data if not. I think I'm just going to grind like hell at the beginning and then blow through everything
What is one of the funner end game builds?
I heard Longsword with Dualguns is pretty OP how to build?
>>
>>322727601
>hard

This game is not hard. It's just time consuming. If I wanted to get ground ready, I'd just have to spend another couple hours grinding for good gear and building an infinite TP arts palette. Then I'd be able to beat him easily.

Not hard, just time consuming.
>>
>>322727601
It's not a challenge issue. It's literally flawed design.

I love this game but Chapter 12 is incredible tedious.
>>
>>322727879
>I'd just have to spend another couple hours grinding for good gear and building an infinite TP arts palette.

>It's so hard I need to use a broken build to beat him!
Dam son, u bad.

>>322727962
>It's not a challenge issue. It's literally flawed design.
>Waaaaa, the game makes me play this is a flaw!!!!!!!
>>
>>322719775
The kanji on Monado I reads "Machine"
Monado II says "Person/people"
Monado III says "God"
>>
>>322728126
>broken build
Unless you want to use skells only for post-game, it's pretty much what everyone uses for ground combat.
>>
>>322727732
>don't sperg out about how amazing all the characters or writing are/is
>don't make a billion new iterations of old and dead memes but with OUR characters
>don't go shoving it in everyone's faces at every possible opportunity
>more than 2% off the community admits that there's flaws
>everyone pretty much looks like a normal human with normal human clothes (not hypersimplistic styling anyone can do) And the aliens that do stick out don't stick out too much compared to the rest of their species, also we actually get to see the rest of their species

Neither this game nor its predecessor have the making of worst fanbases.
>>
>>322727851
All of you need to make a save backup
>>
>>322728272
>other people use it so I literally can't play without it!
>>
Damn I almost did it

I assume you are forced to use non-skell combat then?
>>
>>322728817
yep, back to grinding faggot cuz you aren't ready
>>
Why the fuck are Alvin and the chipmunks in this game?
>>
>>322729442
That's rude, you know? Don't make fun of other highly intelligent Xenos, yes?
>>
>>322729442
Because it was too expensive to get Chip and Dale
>>
FUCK got him down the last quarter

Why does Lin never heal me the bitch
>>
>>322725894
>using the G-Buster instead of the G2-Buster
>>322726890
You should have full TP from 1shotting the swarm of little enemies before that, just pop overdrive so your moves cost 0 fuel
>>
FRIEND KNOW?
>>
File: Great Tree Eater.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Great Tree Eater.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>yfw
>>
File: Lyn_shot_2.jpg (228KB, 1815x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Lyn_shot_2.jpg
228KB, 1815x1021px
HMM WHAT SHOULD I WHIP UP TODAY
>>
>>322716841
>just did chapter 9
>almost blade lvl 10
Think i'm focused to much on AM/NM I already clocked in 100 hours
>>
>>322731271
Fucker pissed me off.

I thought maybe, just maybe, I'd get some kickass giant tree growing in the middle of NLA.

Bastard.
>>
>>322731798
even if you tell him to buzz off before he eats it, it just stays small
>>
>>322719887
>I was thinking more of something that'll get me 10m within an hour or two.

Considering you only get paid every 45 minutes irl, good luck. Just get into postgame and start farming equipment and shit. Selling armor worth 25k a pop is going to net you way more than frontiernav ever will. Setup nav for as much miranium as possible to feed the beast.
>>
>>322727454
Considering nofuel is after the chimeras, what's the problem? Hell the only time I used my dolls was to phoenix the chimeras after dying to them once in the whole final fight phase. I didn't even know they were there fighting Vita. And i only had one level 50 wels
>>
>>322727879
The final boss in no way requires any infinite TP/overdrive build to beat. It just requires you to not be a retard. I didn't even make any augments until well into postgame and he went down no problem for me.
>>
>>322704445
So uh.....I just got done doing the quest that involved some Woman from the Water Purification Plant that was raped by a, Ape Parasite? and had a egg inside of her that made her transform into one......

So yea.....This game is going to creepy shit fast.
>>
I killed him

My controller froze

Then the lizards killed me

Fuck this game seriously
>>
>>322724401
I also don't understand this. People who claim to have money troubles are fucked, by the time I got my shell license and hit level 30 I had over 2.5 million saved up and enough to buy my entire party the best skells and do upgrades for myself.
>>
>>322734148
>waaw I'm not good enough it's literally the game why doesn't it let me wiiiin!!!!!???
>>
>>322706363
>terribly utilized OST
My main gripe was that they didn't loop very well. The song would fade out as it ended and then fade in when it looped from the top.

There were moments of strange sound direction decision like having Melancholia playing when you complete HB's recruit mission.
>>
>>322710901
>he won three years in a row
>they've been on Mira for only 2 months
>space travel to Mira took 2 years
Is this another addition to the growing list of awkward inconsistencies in the game?
>>
>>322735954
The gauntlet is a continuation of some Wrothian tradition, isn't it? He basically says "i decided to open it up to xenos for kicks".

>>322710901
>fight everyone on foot
>really tense matches
>hell yeah i'm ready for the last match
>he hopes in his skell and kills me before i try to get to my ares after i decide it's not worth doing on foot
Honorable Wrothian People my fucking asshole.
>>
File: 1450505534496.jpg (156KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1450505534496.jpg
156KB, 800x1136px
>>322727851
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g32U6TCubd4
Like this? Longsword/Dual Guns
Primer, Ghostwalker, Zero Zero
Longsword Physical Attacks
Melee Up, and TP Gain when using Arts
I'm not sure if this is optimal though, someone else might have something better
>>
>>322719796
shulk has more character development and is more interesting than any single person I've seen in the game so far.
>>
>>322731609
A NOOSE
>>
>>322728239
>Can't read kanji
>All this symbolism lost on me while playing
>Camera zooms in on Monado III's kanji
>I'm going to assume that it's symbolic and emotionally important
>Every time using Monado arts, have to take a second to read the descriptions when a Japanese player could easily and quickly choose based on kanji
>>
File: CXmM2-QVAAE5JxJ.jpg large.jpg (128KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CXmM2-QVAAE5JxJ.jpg large.jpg
128KB, 1024x576px
My dick: the game
>>
File: I don't know.jpg (62KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
I don't know.jpg
62KB, 800x600px
>hear a lot of shit about how difficult chapter 12 is
>think "oh shit better prepare well for that"
>get three level 50 skells
>get to level 55
>buy the newest gear, upgrade arts/skills, get some good level 50 skell weapons
>I'm ready
>annihilate absolutely everything in chapter 12

Well geez, guess I over did it then? Though the final boss gave me a good scare by disabling my skell, but thankfully I didn't neglect my ground gear or arts so I beat him. on my second try.
>>
>>322736790
>cheesing the game
>fun
>>
>>322739907
have fun beating post-game tyrants without cheesing
>>
>>322737939
It's not about the skells. The problem is the last segment is a forced ground combat segment, and a lot of people neglect their ground combat because they had skells for the last 6 chapters.
>>
>>322719684
I'm about to try and reconfigure my probes to get more money, this post is good help. But it left me wondering how many mining probes should I have? I'm at chapter 5 and I can store 15000 miranium.
>>
>>322737462
GREAT IDEA.
TATSU I NEED TO EAT YOU TO GET FAT SO THE NOOSE WILL KILL ME QUICKER LOL
>>
>>322740054

Every weapon and class is viable son. Just because I cant beat the end game tyrants in less than 10 minutes doesnt mean I can't beat them with another in 20. Hell I'd argue its more fun that way.
>>
>>322740343
That's bullshit and you know it. Many level 70+ tyrants require specific XX augments to even be beatable. It's essentially just forced cheesing.
>>
>>322740176
You gain mining probes via a few quests but for the most part mechanical exploration. You'll need to get your blade level up to get more. If you've got a 15000 I'd say you're about right for that level
>>
>>322740437

Show your working son. Explain why I specifically need to do the TP/Overdrive Longsword build when apparently I just need evasion and accuracy.
>>
Are there any less shitty pandering outfits for the girl characters you can take with you in XCX?

All I've seen are them either barely wearing anything, or everything else is fucking ugly.
>>
>>322740584
>Why do I need your kind of cheese when my cheese works too???

Like I said, post-game content requires cheesing. Everybody uses something, whether it's max evasion, infinite overdrive, etc. It makes tyrants incredibly easy.

You can't do post-game without funneling your playstyle to a specific broken build, as opposed to pre-post-game where you can do basically whatever you want.
>>
>>322740819
Well I seem to be doing okay with Rifle/Photon sabre.

Maybe you fell for a meme?
>>
>>322740634
>I like my women to be covered up and showing no skin what so ever. It is blasphemy after all.
Luckily for faggots like yourself, there are certain armor sets that you can cover of your female team skins that you're so ashamed of seeing.
>>
>Just goty Skell

Where do I go grind to bump my level up to stupid proportions? And how do I get enough funds for a level 30?
>>
>>322740917
I sure did, just like how you fell for the max evasion meme.
>>
>>322740819
>It makes tyrants incredibly easy
Explain your working here. Why do I need to cheese the game to the point of the Tyrants being "incredibly easy"?
>>
File: WVW69ivnz4kMolyL6o.jpg (107KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69ivnz4kMolyL6o.jpg
107KB, 800x450px
>>322740634

I dress in the light combat vest, I think that's alright. I had Elma wear the Soale suit, that's the one that looks like Mjolnir armour.
>>
>>322740819
But you specifically pointed to the longsword overdrive build.

Are you saying that using good equipment, planning, and augments is equivalent to cheesing the game? That's very stupid.
>>
>>322740923

It isn't that, it's that all of them look like ugly garbage that I have seen thus far.

You stupid assuming nigger.
>>
>>322740926
The only easy grind spot I know of requires the flight mod to get to the top of noctilum and kill the lvl 60 gators
and for funds you should be placing research probes and discovering land marks for dosh. 30 ones aren't too expensive but the others will break your wallet
>>
>>322740926
>get everyone level 30 skells
>get flight module (have to beat chapter 9)
>equip g-busters to everyone
>go to the Crazed Aeviter at the Sentinal's Nest in Noctilum (fursthest northern point)
>use the g-buster BEHIND THEM (if you don't, you'll miss)
>wreck them 1 by 1 (make sure to bind because they will wreck your shit)

I leveled one of my level 15 characters to 60 within 15 minutes. As an added bonus, they drop gear that sells for 10k-20k so sell that shit too.
>>
If I'm solo-ing shit, is it better to go light or heavy armour?

I'm not sure if I should focus on not getting hit most of the time then dying in one hit if I DO get hit, or remaining tanky and dealing with damage with toppling, staggering, and the occasional aura
>>
>>322741112
No. The fact is that people are pretty much required to use 1 of like 3 builds for post-game content. Even if you don't realize it, everyone's build is pretty much the same. It goes against what the game was about before the endgame, which was pretty much "do whatever you want". You can't just do whatever you want in the post-game, because you'll notice that your build evolves into one of the few endgame broken builds whether it's infinite overdrive or max evasion.

>>322740994
Can you not fucking read?

>it MAKES tyrants incredibly easy
>>
>>322741416
>Can you not fucking read?
>>it MAKES tyrants incredibly easy
Don't do it then?
>>
>>322741416
I'm still waiting for you to show your working. What 3 builds am I apparently funnelled in to using?
>>
>>322741481
Not like I have a choice. I have to grind them for ultra infinite armor and mats. I'd LIKE to have a LE EPIC XD 20 minute battle of EPICNESS XD but it would make farming them take forever.
>>
>>322741583

So wait. You want to cheese a game, therefore everyone has to cheese the game?
>>
>>322741563
Describe your build to me and I'll tell you what broken part of the game it's exploiting.
>>
>>322741650
There's no way you're even following this discussion if you think farming tyrants is "cheesing"

You're probably some fresh off the boat fuccboi that thinks he's ready for superbosses.
>>
>>322741660
Ramjet/Photon Sabre physical build.

Accuracy augments. Focus on TP skills and combos. 2x health skills. Yamato Spirit. Elma/Irina/Doug.
>>
I'm completely new to the Xenogears/Xenosaga/Xenoblades series, is it necessary for me to have played the previous games to enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles X? A friend of mine who is full on autistic about the series insists I play through the entire series before playing Xenoblade Chronicles X, and I don't know if it's worth investing that many hours into it
>>
>>322741940
Nah it's self contained. Dive in my nigga.

Although if you go back to Chronicles you're kinda fucked, Chronicles gameplay is trash compared to X.
>>
>>322742013
I've just been looking for a fun game to play and this seemed pretty good, but my friend will not stop insisting to play Xenogears first and then progress from there or else "you won't get the plot and lore" or some shit
>>
>>322741940
You're friend a shit
>>
>>322742209
Your friend sounds like your typical elitist Saga fag. Tell him this anon told him to fuck right off.
>>
>>322742220
Agreed
>>
>>322742209

Don't worry, I heard they translated all the lore out so that's not an issue.

I played a bit of Xenoblade before starting this one, I think I like this a lot more not just for the gameplay but the story as well, the more sci-fi feel is better to me.
>>
>>322742349
Muh nigga.

X hit a lot of my buttons in my love for non campy Sci Fi that ME as a series teased me with but never delivered
>>
>>322740149
But why neglect your ground gear? I still sporadically upgrade for caves where your skell can't enter or areas where your teammates skells roll over every mob they see with full intent.
>>
Just finished chapter 5, 30 hours in. I'm doing every sidequest I can tackle as soon as I can, it takes forever but it led me as far as Cauldros before chapter 5 and I love the feeling of being underpowered and having to sneak around in areas full of strong enemies. The environments are masterfully designed to allow that, such as with the Ganglion at the gates of Cauldros you can avoid by jumping on the rocks to the side.
>>
>>322742496

Yeah, exactly. The weird magitek feeling of Xenoblade never really jived that much with me.
>>
>>322708503
I don't care how long ago this fucking post was but god damned

>I didn't enjoy having those vocal tracks being so loud the voice acting was barely audible anymore during the cutscenes
I never said the OST was bad

Yes you fucking did say it was bad you didnt mean that but that was exactly what you said.

And how is it that you have no duckinf clue what sound mixing is? What your complaining about is the fuckinf souns mixing and that i do agree with you since ita bullshit that the sonf vocals over power the charcters speech.

But again so you stop being a dumb faggot and so people are abel to learn something new today: Sound mixing was pretty bad at times in this game.
>>
>>322740149
I think the wrothian fight should have been a red flag that the game is going to throw those moments at you, I'm surprised they didnt take that to me "oh shit I'd better not neglect that shit"
>>
>>322742013
You can play XBCX without playing any xeno game.

But if you can play XBC first, you should, since like an anon said the gameplay is flat out worse on some points. Although it has some merits (like the party link).

Story wise XBC is definitly better and scaling the titan gives such a good feeling I can't describe. Just be sure you don't get burned up on all the sidequests before you finish the story.
>>
>>322742620
Did the same and true, its fucking fun. Navigating the cauldros enviroment while everything, even the fucking enviroment, wants to kill you.

Was scared that skells would make me lose interest and rush the game, but it adds to the fun to be able to blast trough the enviroment now. I had most data probes I could reach without the flight module anyway.
>>
Is Cauldros giving anyone a WoW vibe?

I cant remember its name but theres a lava area thats got a lot of mining shit going on, I'm getting dejavu here
>>
>>322740634
The Six Stars light armor is sexy and looks functional to boot.
>>
>>322740634
>male scuba diving gear
>it's a sleeveless full body suit
>female scuba diving gear
>it's a couple straps that barely cover anything and show cleavage, sideboob, tons of underboob, asscrack and everything up to 1cm above the vagina
>>
File: 1451590685559.jpg (765KB, 1096x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1451590685559.jpg
765KB, 1096x1074px
Any updated probe charts?
>>
>>322745128
WTF is that empty probe in NLA?
>>
>>322710276
>removing size

fuck that, one part I love about this game is that no matter how powerful you are, a big enemy is still a big enemy
>>
Is Murderess a yandere? Or is she just autistic?
>>
>>322745382
i'ts not a probe, just shows that they all connect back to NLA
>>
>>322706363
>terribly utilized OST
Agree. It's a good OST but even I could make it work better in the game.

>the most insufferable cast of characters imaginable, basically walking charades
Disagree. I only dislike Lin and Alexa. Doug is whatever.

>unfunny and overdone jap humor that simply goes too far
Only for Tatsu

>clichéd and stereotypical, often downright annoying villains
Agree. Story took 11.5 chapters to do anything other than "I kill u humins bcuz we baaaad"

>one of the worst final bosses imaginable (story wise, i won't comment on the fight itself)
It was weird, and came out of nowhere, but no.

>awful mech combat, completely trivializes an already easy game
Excluding the Ares90, there's nothing OP about Skells. And even then, ground combat is better.

>no-name, silent protagonist instead of something like shulk
Cross isn't a protagonist.

>shitty "to be continued" ending
It was the best part of the story. But yeah, too bad it was THE ending
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.