[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any rpgs, preferably isometric, that let me start out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: Bard.jpg (226KB, 640x918px) Image search: [Google]
Bard.jpg
226KB, 640x918px
Is there any rpgs, preferably isometric, that let me start out as a fucking nothing in a fantasy world and actually become a powerful warrior as the game progresses.

Instead of just having me be some ridiculous warrior from the moment I start the game.
>>
Not fantasy but Fallout.
>>
morrowind
>>
>>322694220
That's cause you use guns though.
Fantasy games always seem to put you as some overpowered warrior who can slay storms of kobalds from lvl 1. I guess that's the DnD influence though.

>>322694456
Is there an isometric morrowind?
>>
Pretty much all the Infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Torment). Gothic series as well.
>>
>>322695138
No there isn't an isometric morrowind, and I think you have the wrong idea about DnD influence, killing hordes of enemies at lvl 1 like that sounds more like Diablo or an Arpg. Some people on /v/ say Morrowind is too old to enjoy, but I think you'd probably be fine if you just use a weapon you have the skill for.
>>322696676
This guy has good advice, so I'd probably try these first. Play a warrior in Gothic and try to take on a horde of orcs, see what happens. If you're into older wrpgs you might enjoy Ultima or Wizardry, but I think based on what you said you'd might enjoy Gothic even though its not isometric.
>>
>>322697589
>ultima
>not some ridiculous warrior

How's living in that parallel world going
>>
>>322693430
Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>322693430
Seriously just go play Baldurs Gate if you havent already. Just be sure to follow some character creation guide if you're not familiar with DnD since you can fuck up and it's not fixable like most other RPGs.

Also play it like a tactics game and not like a hack n slash with stats that most RPGs are played. I.e crowd control, using LOS to your advantage etc.
>>
>>322696676
No No no.

Those games are the exact reason I'm making this thread.
I've been replaying then lately and they're great but they all suffer from what I'm talking about.

Killing hordes of goblins and demons from level one. Torment is the only one that's sorta different.

I want to be a fucking present who has to sneak his way around monsters. Not straight up fight them.
>>
File: Griffin.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Griffin.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>322698805
If you play DD on hardmode you'll be afraid of rats and bats for the first 10-15 levels.
>>
>>322699087
>>322698805
If he thinks Infinity Games are too easy he wont have problems with DD

Sorry OP but Gothic which isnt isometric seems to be your best bet. You cant even swing your sword properly at the beginning but by the end of it you're some jacked up sword master (or mage if you prefer)
>>
>>322699435
It's on my too play list. I'll give it a go.

Also it's not that they're too easy, it's just not exactly what I'm looking for now.
>>
>>322698805
You could try Thief 1. It doesn't have half the things you've requested, but you have to sneak around monsters, and in close combat you'll get messed up.
>>
>>322699435
>If he thinks Infinity Games are too easy he wont have problems with DD
Infinity Engine Games aren't really skill based.
>>
File: WVW69ipOkxEQ3RYDIk.jpg (69KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69ipOkxEQ3RYDIk.jpg
69KB, 800x450px
>>322699603
You could always get Xenoblade Chronicles X. Even by end game when you're a badass with badass skells there are times when you'll still get your shit handed to you on a platter by some high level tyrant.
>>
Seconding (thirding?) Gothic (1 and 2). It's the pinnacle of RPG progression. You can't hold a sword, you can't fight a single wolf, and you can't even touch a regular NPC let alone a guard. You gradually become strong, and eventually you reach that moment when you realize you're so strong that you can just knock out a merchant and take his stuff instead of dealing with his bullshit.
>>
>>322699908
X is awful in comparison to XC though, why are you recommending OP the inferior version of an already existing game?
>>
Not isometric but I got the 0 to hero feeling pretty hardcore playing a casteless dwarf in Dragon Age Origins
>>
What's good Fantasy RPG that isn't Witcher, Baldur's Gate/D&D derivative, Arcanum, Dragon Age, or Elder Scrolls? Both eastern and western are fine by me.
>>
>>322699813
More so than most isometric RPGs.
>>
>>322700230
I don't know, why are you such a faggot?
>>
>>322700446
Be more specific, whats a good RPG to you?
>>
>>322693430
Gothic 1 and 2. Not isometric, though.
>>
Baldur's gate series is great if you play all the way through to throne of bhaal as the same character. You start out as a nothing sheltered apprentice and end up a literal god. My first character slowly slid from good to evil over the games and it was great fun.
>>
>>322700446
Dark souls, stalker, pathologic
>>
>>322693430
Haven and Hearth.
>>
>>322693430
Well if nothing else there are always skyrim mods....
The Requiem mod may be what your looking for, however it does cause a noticable amount of lag due to being script heavy.
>>
File: adwr.png (15KB, 135x138px) Image search: [Google]
adwr.png
15KB, 135x138px
>>
>>322700673
Something that get's my imagination going. I don't care too much for in story choices, but something with a reasonable amount of character/party customization is a must.
>>
File: 1437390518560.jpg (464KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437390518560.jpg
464KB, 600x600px
>>322700949
>>
>>322700540
Have you even played both games?
X has
>terribly utilized OST
>the most insufferable cast of characters imaginable, basically walking charades
>unfunny and overdone jap humor that simply goes too far
>clichéd and stereotypical villains
>one of the worst final bosses imaginable (story wise, i won't comment on the fight itself)
>awful mech combat, completely trivializes an already easy game
>suffers from diablo 3 syndrome, i.e you can be anything at any time, no consequence for the way you skill
>no-name, silent protagonist instead of something great like Shulk

I'm sure you can't just overlook these things, now can you?
>>
>>322701141
Opinions aren't facts, and those are all opinions. Stop being such a fucking faggot holy shit.
>>
>>322701389
How is it an opinion that the mech combat is completely gamebreaking and oversimplifies an already simple combat system?

How is it an opinion that the OST was terribly utilized when I'm watching some shitty cutscene with loud as fuck vocals blaring in the background while the guys talking are barely audible?
>inb4 lower the volume

Well I'm just gonna stop here, it's not like you want a civilized discussion in the first place, you fucking memer
>>
File: 543255.png (13KB, 312x295px) Image search: [Google]
543255.png
13KB, 312x295px
>>322701830
>it's not like you want a civilized discussion in the first place
Glad you finally caught on.
>>
>>322700954
>start out so poor even whoring yourself out seems like a valid option and it's hard to resist stealing everything in sight
>that feel when you buy your first magic item
>that feel when you come back from the temple of hyath so much stronger and so much richer
>>
>>322693430
Check out Risen, great game and you start off really weak if i remember right.
>>
Champions of Norrath
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.