[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've always heard good things about chrono trigger, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: Chrono_Trigger_Artwork1.jpg (118KB, 700x640px) Image search: [Google]
Chrono_Trigger_Artwork1.jpg
118KB, 700x640px
I've always heard good things about chrono trigger, and I think it's finally time to play it.
Which version is the best?
>>
DS all the way. portable and has more content
>>
DS version is the best
>>
dsnigger
>>
>>322690715
>look at me i'm an edgy racist
>>
Mobile.
>>
>>322689871
SNES is the best because it has a localization instead of a faggy direct translation.

DS would have been perfect if it weren't for the weeb-shit direct translation robbing the game of all its charm and character.,
>>
>>322690905
good for you.
>>
PS1
>>
>>322690969
DS keeps some of the good Woolsey stuff like Ozzie being in a pickle.

Its overall the best version
>>
Emulate the original SNES for the purest experience.
>>
>>322689871
DS. Either Way your in for one hell of a great time.

played the game a month ago, can safely say it holds up and is boat loads of fun
>>
DS > SNES > PS1 >>>>>>>> Mobile
>>
>>322691182
Yeah I really liked it to be honest... I'm just salty because I miss old english Frog.
>>
>>322691187
>purest
>emulation
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>322691434
I understand. I'm pretty sure someone made a patch for the DS version with ye olde English Frog
>>
DS has more stuff in it, and fixes some minor issues, but leaves out things like Frog speaking olden english.

SNES is best because I'm a sucker for nostalgia.
>>
File: L-staring.jpg (41KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
L-staring.jpg
41KB, 704x396px
>>322689871
Emulate it and throw one of the difficulty hacks on it, unless youre a casual faggot

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=hacks&genre=&platform=&game=&category=&perpage=20&title=Chrono+Trigger&author=&hacksearch=Go
http://www.zophar.net/hacks/snes/chrono-trigger.html
http://fantasyanime.com/squaresoft/ctdownloads.htm
https://www.reddit.com/r/JRPG/comments/1gu6je/chrono_trigger_crimson_echoes_flames_of_eternity/
>>
>>322693329
Never tried those, but CT was way too easy, i don't even remember grinding
>>
>>322691538
higan is literally the most accurate snes emulator in existance
>>
>>322693796
> i don't even remember grinding

You weebs don't seem to understand that this means it was a good game and not a boring piece of shit.

But sure crank up the difficult if you're a massive loser who thinks playing menu-based games on hard is skillful.
>>
>>322693796
Theres a super crazy hack of Phantasy Star IV i started to play. I went through the first dungeon and it was BOSS FIGHT the whole way just with the lvl 1 monsters.
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/280/

It was like real life mode with 100 hp and youd get hit by the lvl 1 monster for like 50 hp and you had to heal for 40 of it or die the next turn. It was nuts. I didnt get very far cause that like 4m dungeon became 20m.
>>
>>322694808
>>
>>322694808
I don't think anyone will ever say CT has a hard or skillful combat.
It did however, have an interesting combat for its time. Combination attacks, Enemy and Ally positioning actually mattering in real-time.
Also the adventure was top tier.
>>
>>322695117
That was my first Final Fantasy right there.
I still replay it at least once a year
>>
>>322689871
SNES version or Wii Virtual Console.
>>
>>322689871
SNES. Emulation is acceptable, esp. for frameskip/acceleration.

DS version was fine too.
>>
SNES version

DS & PS1 have cutscenes from Dragon Ball Z for some reason
>>
>>322689871
DS version is best overall, the only downside to it is that Frog doesn't speak old english
>>
>>322691434
>old english frog
>he still speaks old english in the DS remake
>in japan he never spoke old english, was just really direct and frank

?????
>>
>>322694404
Have you ever considered playing it on the actual console before calling emulation the "purest form" of a game?
>>
>>322689871
DS is the definitive edition
>>
>>322689871
DS. Frog's Ye Olde Englishe was retarded and some of the bonus content helps tie the game into Cross.
>>
I don't know which version is the best, but STAY AWAY FROM THE PSX VERSION.
Those fucking loading times were nightmare.
>>
>>322696447
>>he still speaks old english in the DS remake
No he doesn't.

>>in japan he never spoke old english, was just really direct and frank
Which is why they changed it in the DS version. Because they are fucking loser Weebs. Localization will be better than a straight translation 100% of the time. Japan is foreign and stupid and I don't care at all about their cultural references.
>>
>>322697041
>Localization will be better than a straight translation 100% of the time.

Yeah sure pal, you act as if Treehouse isn't being pure cancer with this shit right now.
>>
>>322689871

SNES obviously, don't listen to retards.

There's rarely a case where you should play a port over the original version of the game.

Everything that was added in the DS version actively detracts from the quality of the game. Especially the awful 8 fps anime cutscenes they added to the PSX version and brought over to DS.
>>
File: 1402704867502.jpg (9KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
1402704867502.jpg
9KB, 207x244px
>>322697603
>8 fps
>Cutscenes

>Caring about FPS in an JRPG

Christ this FPS autism is getting out of hand.
>>
>>322697603
DS obviously, don't listen to nostalgiafags.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.