[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: NGage.jpg (111KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
NGage.jpg
111KB, 640x480px
>>
Smartphones happened.

People who ever owned either are still retarded, but there it is.
>>
>>322686160
It came out too early.
>>
it was hard to replace the games and its design turned people away

also the price point
>>
>>322686160
Cost too much and had too little games. Pity it was quite decent.
>>
>>322686160
too early to be a smart phone
too expensive to be a handheld
too retarded to be a phone
>>
Shit screen

Shit controls

Too expensive

Side talking
>>
SIDETALKIN'

>>322687429
Honestly this.

Users had to disassemble the phone to change games.

The marketing campaign didn't help it one bit.
>>
I wanted one solely for Splinter Cell even though I had the Xbox/Gamecube versions.

I still want to play it for curiosity sake, but I'm not paying for it.
>>
do you remember the games on it? they were literally all terrible. its bizarre that a company went in on this and didnt even try to outfit it with hardware that could actually run games. keep in mind the psp and ds were out at the same time and the ngage didnt even try to come close to their performance, like not at all. There were literally flash games that ran and performed better than the ones on the ngage
>>
>>322686160
No emulator
>>
>>322689002
It actually did have emulators
>>
>>322689257
I mean no Ngage or Symbian emulator now.
>>
>>322688160
>keep in mind the psp and ds were out at the same time and the ngage didnt even try to come close to their performance, like not at all.
Ehh nope.
The N-Gage came out in 2003, PSP and NDS came out in 2004[*], so it's obvious the N-Gage couldn't possibly try to cme close to the performance of devices that weren't even out when the N-Gage was.
Also, due to its capability, it belongs to the 6th generation, so its handheld "competitor"(not like there was any competion) was the GBA, and in fact they're pretty similar when it comes to performance, so much that Sonic Advance(GBA) and Sonic-N(N-Gage) are the same exact game.
PSP and NDS belong to the 7th generation.

[*]
You might say that 1 year difference means nothing, but in this case it means a lot, because it was the year handheld entered in the next generation, so the difference is obviously quite big.

Not to mention how the N-Gage was one of the first attempt from Nokia into gaming, so since they knew nothing about it before, they obviously went for A) the easiest solution, and B) were "inspired" by the handheld that were around at that time.
>>
Literally the only person I've ever known who had one was my cousin and he won it in a giveaway.

If I remember it just bad at everything and the keypad was really shit for controls.
>>
>>322686276
The N-Gage came out LONG before Smartphone did. The problem this was, it wasn't a good phone, and it wasnt a good handheld. It was just sort of there, and was inevitably just sort of forgotten about. Also this was at a time when Nokia thought they could do no wrong.
>>
>>322686160
awful design, price
otherwise, a nifty piece of kit

needed to be faster and have better controls
the QD is what the thing should have been from the start, and that had issues

>>322688160
I remember THPS, some Splinter Cell and Sonic N, and that's all I remember.
>>
>>322686160
it was a hunk of junk that had no games, and couldn't even make a phone call

all it could do was make you look like a jackass
>>
File: SZHbcQk6AQ.jpg (28KB, 550x407px) Image search: [Google]
SZHbcQk6AQ.jpg
28KB, 550x407px
absolute madmen
>>
>>322687767
Splinter Cell on the DS is the same game as the n gage version
>>
>>322686160
I remember a guy sitting next to me in science class with one of these, I looked over to see that he was playing the sims and forcing two guys to make out continuously...he was the only person I ever saw with one of these.
>>
>>322686160
I had one, the QD version

+ I loved the D pad

- Hate the fucking screen
4024 color screen, are you fucking kidding me?

bue what killed the N-Gage was piracy, seriously, you just downloaded a game, put on an MMCard and you are ready to go, no cfw, no extra software, nothing, you download and play a copied game.

in the beginning every developer supported the N-Gage, but when they notice there was no copy protection they just run the fuck out
>>
>>322686276
>People who ever owned either are still retarded

Oh god the Nokia block kid trying to call smartphone owners retarded, hilarious.
>>
portal joke doom 3 = black WEEGI idort double nigger SAKURAAAAAIIIII kaz hirai RIIIIIDGE RAACEERRR 599 USD itagaki moon craters pokemanz mudkips slowpoke kotaku FUCK YES YOU ARE THE GREATEST BOSS EVER 360 kid big dogs BATTLETOADS promotions sidetalkin TALLADEGA NIGHTS whatever sonichu UR MR GAY
>>
All those buttons close together, that shit sure doesn't look comfortable to use or practical in any way.
>>
>>322686160
Sidetalking, and switching games was retardedly impractical
>>
>>322686160
Damn,
I need to try out the Metal Gear game they have on there.
>>
>>322690498
>Also this was at a time when Nokia thought they could do no wrong.
Believe it or not, it gets much worse than that. Nokia's internal politics and infighting bullshit was famously bad, people would happily run the entire company into the ground and snuff out actually good ideas just to keep themselves relevant for two more years
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.