[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm inclined to believe this game has the best battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (251KB, 800x568px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
251KB, 800x568px
I'm inclined to believe this game has the best battle system of any jrpg.
>>
>>322671145
>not one of the tactics games
>>
I'd give its battle system a 7/10, which is far better than most Final Fantasy battle systems.

Now if only the game wasn't piss easy even by Final Fantasy standards.
>>
Paper Mario exists.
>>
>>322671145

Shut up you faggot, you're only saying that because you like dressing your waifus up in costumes

It definitely wasn't better than Final Fantasy X
>>
Too bad everything else about it was shit.
>>
Lightning Returns had more enjoyable combat. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>322671145
I'd agree it probably has the best combat of the FFs but you do realize there are more JRPG franchises than FF right?
>>
Is there a game with combat similar to FFX? Not X-2. I think it's technically called like conditional turn based instead of active turn based or something, but I've never found a non-shit game with that kind of combat system.
>>
>>322671145
I don't know about any JRPG (Star Ocean combat feels so damn nice), but certainly above most Final Fantasy titles.

Honestly, X-2 is my second favorite game in the franchise (right behind VIII). It plays so well and the job system is a lot of fun. Yeah the story is dumb but it's nice to experience a JRPG taking place in the immediate aftermath of the first game. It's cool to see Spirans getting out and enjoying themselves after the fall of Sin.
>>
>>322673246
Because those are sRPG.
>>
>>322676689
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
>>
>>322676184
LR has awful combat.
It's basically a rythm game with flashy graphics that emphasis style over substance in every possible way. And even then you can't really enjoy the style because combats are a clusterfuck.
It completely fucked over a series whose combat was about a slow pace so you could enjoy watching twinks in a party do shit. While it still has a twink it completely lacks the party, the relaxed atmosphere of menu based combat and the chill cinematic experience in the combat.

It's practically a poor mans Devil May Cry. Press X to cool.
The only people enjoy it are faggots who can't into real action games.
>>
>>322676184
I didn't like how none of your attacks have any impact. Otherwise finding all the stagger conditions is pretty fun.
But unfortunately everything outside of combat is awful and low quality.
>>
>>322671145
>best battle system
>you can literally beat the game by spamming A and changing your dresspheres before battles

Yeah, superb battle system anon.

The dresssphere thing and the pseudo active battles were a nice idea, but poorly executed.
>>
>>322671145
It's great, light hearted and well polished.
I loved it.
>>
I've never been into Jpop but fuck if Paine and Rikku's image songs aren't good.

Yuna's are alright but a bit boring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKkti_KM-LQ
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.