[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

aight so one of my new buddies has a gamecube and apparently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

aight so one of my new buddies has a gamecube and apparently has pic related for it, i never played any smash but i really wanted to and now there is a chance to give it a shot.
any tricks tips ? OP characters ? anything welcome really.
>>
Is your friend a tourneyfag?
>>
>>322633613
Unless he has been practicing for a long time you should try to go into it blind, all fighting games (inb4 hurr durr smash not fightan) are more fun that way.

You'll both grow and develop at the game naturally as you play.

Sheik is probably the best character to quickly and easily git gud with, his air forward normal has an insane amount of power and hits them in a bullshit direction, and there's a pretty decently sized set of damages your opponent can be at where dash-A into j.forward-A just fucking wrecks them.
>>
File: 1451612988463.png (45KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1451612988463.png
45KB, 300x250px
>genesis 3 is less than 2 weeks away
>>
>>322633613
Pick Falco and jump above him and hit down and down air really fast. Then when you both land on the ground use your reflector to hit him. You'll feel cool.
>>
>never played any smash
the fuck? have you ever owned a nintendo system?
>>
>>322633613
>OP characters
not at your level buddy.
Prepare to die. A lot.
>>
>>322634453
nah, hes casual as fuck, he plays some vidya but not even close as much as most ppl here.
>>322634609
well, apparently they played it a fuckton with their friends, but as it is mentioned above they are casuals, so no fucking giga combos or anytrhing liek that.
to be clear here, he pulled it out during a new years eve party, we were high and drunk as fuck, and since i literally never played any smash, the only thing i knew was the % incerases how far you fly when get knocked up in the air, nothing else. raised on MK and Tekken i tought i can do a lot shit, but apparently you got one atack button, a jump, a special atack and a guard, took some time to figure it out lol, i still cant recover properly with anything else thn kirby or jiglypuff, dno wich of the fatties could fly, i only remember a pink floating ball, but most likely kirby.
so yeah, thats it, thats why i was looking for some tips from ppl who played/still play it, i dont wannna rekt his face, im not looking for the onehit bot characters, just wanna be able to respond when he fucks me up
>>
>>322635848
If he's played a fuckton with his friends, you're going to be at a disadvantage no matter what. Experience with the game, is experience, period. Unless they're using items they have some understanding of neutral.

And by the looks of how you're describing the game, you fucking blow nutsack.

Better lab up feggit or you're gonna get rekt by a bunch of casuals.

Luckily for your terrible ass there's lots of videos on youtube to get you started. Watch some high level competitive matches, learn the basics of advanced tech and movement options.
>>
>>322634997
nah, i grew up on PC, c64 and such... friends had snes but we played some starwars game, DK and shit like that on it
>>322635192
i am, and i did
he kinda picked game and watch and spammed his "throw some meat from the pan" atack on me, most of the time i got fcked up getting to him, we didnt played too much, but more will be coming in the future, so i wanna prepare a bit...
>>
>>322635848
kirby and jigglypuff both have 5 jumps that give them insane recovery, they're also both super light and can just get knocked all the way off the screen at way lower percents. Most characters have a recovery move on their Up+B (kirby has one that gives him some vertical and a tiny bit more horizontal, jigglypuff only has her jumps)

>>322636297
videos aren't that useful at learning smash, there aren't a lot of combos to learn. in the beginning it's just learning individual attack properties, positioning, timing techs, and mixing up with grabs. All that stuff is best learned by playing, even going against AI is more useful than training mode and videos most of the time.
>>
>>322636553
>throw some sausages from the pan
top fucking kek

Ya, you're terrible

You should see SD Remix. You think the "pan attack" is rough in melee?
lel
>>
>>322636796
I don't know about you but for me, training mode is SUPER useful.

It was in training mode where I realized I could haxdash wavedash off the ledge and jump to bottom platform with another waveland on Dreamland. I've literally never seen that be done before.
Training mode lets you exploit your character to the fullest of your abilities without ever worrying about doing stupid shit. So you're free to try and invent new stuff that would probably get you killed multiple times against a real opponent.

Obviously, if you actually want to git gud, there's no substitute for playing against a real opponent. That experience in neutral is invaluable.

But if you just wanna swag like the coolest retard in the world? Training mode is where it's at.
>>
>>322636297
>And by the looks of how you're describing the game, you fucking blow nutsack.
no way, you got me there, drunk, high, first time playing a 15 year old game on a console with terible controls, damn, but thanks for pointing it out, like i didnt started the thread with saying i suck at it.
good job.
>>
>>322637176
>I could haxdash wavedash
He is not at the level where he needs to wavedash, it doesn't even sound like his friend is at that level.
>>
>>322636810
>i cant even select a text than click the post number
when did i say im god in melee ? why all you neckbeards imply that ?
>>322637176
well, training mode is not available, cause the fact that he has the console, and when we meet we most likely will be playing against eachother, and by the fact that you gota play 1k games to unlock g&w and i played like... 20-30 games with him ? i dont want to git real good, i just want to know some smash specific stuff, good to know tips and such to not get rekted next time we meet.
>>
>>322638328
>i just want to know some smash specific stuff
dodge rolls are really good
If you're playing with items, throwing them with the throw button and a direction is a really fast and powerful attack that often catches your opponent off guard
grabs are a great way to mixup
lightly tapping the jump button (like a one frame press, it takes practice) will do a short hop that basically lets you access your air attacks on the ground, this is really good on characters like marth who just have better options from air attacks than their dash, or Falco who can short hop and use his laser on the approach to fuck up the opponent while moving forward because landing cancels the recovery from his laser.
>>
>>322633613
>aight so

Stopped reading right there
>>
>>322639267
why did you even comment fagot ?
>>322639139
the first proper comment, thank you very much anon.
>>
>>322639139
I'd say jumping out of shield is generally a way better option than rolling out of shield most of the time.
>>
>>322640797
if he's having trouble with sausage spam, he probably wants to learn how to roll through that shit and get behind G&W during his recovery.
>>
>>322633613
Lube up because you are about to get raped
>>
>>322633613
Make sure you play as all the characters at some point. That way you can find which playstyle you like best. Before a match against your friend ask to just test out your character's moves and movements. Remember that Smash is mostly different than other fighting games in that it is basically a platformer - use the stage to your advantage. You can grab someone while their shielding. Holding shield and moving left or right on the analogue stick will make you roll in that direction. Make sure you throw out smash attacks when your friend is a higher percents (smash attacks are done by smashing the stick to the side, up, or down and pressing A at the same time. Down smashes are often very useful because some of them have hitboxes that hit both left and right of you. As another anon said earlier, you can short hop by lighlty pressing the jump button. It would be best to use X or Y to jump instead of tilting the stick up. Follow a short hop with an aerial A attack. Good luck OP hope you have fun
>>
>>322634609
>his

OP, play Fox/Falco/C. Falcon if you want to go fast. Play Marth/Sheik if you want to dominate your opponent. Play Samus/Peach/Y. Link if you really like that little red button. Play Pikachu/Mario/Jigglypuff if you like jumping and using the C-stick. Now don't get hit.

There, I told you how to win at Melee.
>>
>>322642117
it was fun, but getting rekt made me start this thread to get some useful ideas after about 2 hours of playtime, also thanks for the tips.
>>322640968
>>322640797
hes not only playing it, he picks it if i fuck up his shit by some miracle and wants revenge.
but any tips are welcome, obviously gona try all the shit you ppl mentioned.
>>
>>322642598
also this, i heard different characters have different weight, that modifies their airtime etc, and much more stuff, i get that i need to experience the shit, but being prepared a bit is useful, thanks for the tips anon
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.