[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is DaS 3 going to implement something like Soul Memory or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: das3.jpg (220KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
das3.jpg
220KB, 1200x650px
So is DaS 3 going to implement something like Soul Memory or are we back to community meme meta?
>>
>he plays online
I don't see a point unless you help other people on your second playthrough. Balance and netcode are garbage in this series for pvp and it was incredible autistic of them to mix up pve with pvp in a singleplayer story game like that.
>>
>>322627998
It's fun though. I'm sorry it doesn't conform to your expectations.
>>
>>322627998
While its not technically good getting invaded when you're in a new area, low on health etc was extremely tense and fun in DS1
>>
DaS 3 is confirmed not having soul memory
>>
PvP is cancer, there are a few good people but the majority just run around with OP builds thinking they are good.
>>
>co-op will be the main focus this time around
>will make enemies double or triple depending on amount of exp you have or if you summons someone to help
>invaders can only invade co-op players
>items will have durability
>weapons will break easier
>stamina recovery dependent on health in addition to weight
>rings will break and never be recoverable
>npcs will have lock on

Anything else?
>>
File: Rage.jpg (39KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
Rage.jpg
39KB, 390x390px
>>322631139
>weapons will break easier
>stamina recovery dependent on health in addition to weight
>rings will break and never be recoverable
>>
>>322628714

>fun
>thinking some random hacking faggot invading and killing new players is fun

No.

AI invasions? They're fine, but I don't want to play PvP against some meta-building cunt who does nothing else but fight 1on1 every day. You're basically just ruining it for players.
>>
>>322631139

Is any of this confirmed, or are you just posting your wishlist.
>>
>>322629642
And that is precisely how you win. They are OP for a reason. The same goes for fighting games, in most cases the higher tier character is going to win barring any straight up counter/bad matchup or getting read like a book (which is a personal flaw and not the character).

Tiers and OP builds exist for a reason.
>>
>>322631339
I don't see the problem with those.

Ppeople always stick with the same weapon all game because they are scrubs that depend on their super op weapon ala draken sword in dks1.

And the rings make sure that you pay attention or will remove your buff.
>>
>>322631424
Literally invasions were the best part of dark souls. I've had so any fun times being invaded and invading others. Only stupid scrubs who think dying ruins the game complain about invasipns. You died, so what. Stay dead, get your body, go human and recruit some sunbros and gank the fucker.
>>
>>322631594
>Tiers and OP builds exist for a reason
Yeah, so shit little faggots can feel good about themselves.

No skill involved, literally the only way to win is to have an OP build. That is not balanced and it isn't fun for people who don't PvP or are new to the game.

INB4 you tell me to play offline, nope I like to co-op.
>>
>>322631424
Not all hacking invaders are bad. I remember a dude in DaS2 one playthrough at Heide's Tower and he'd just lightning everything and fly off into the sky, it was great. I couldn't even be mad just because how stupidly funny it was.
>>
>>322631520
https://m.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls3/comments/3azx9v/dks3_changes_/
>>
>>322631709
It will be interesting and shake things up, but it will be more rage inducing.
>>
>>322627578
worse, apparently they gonna use BB PvP system
Stillborn pvp confirmed.
>>
>>322632043
O don't see how it's rage inducing. It encourages variety and cautiousness.
>>
>>322631898
Ha, then deal with it you whiny faggot
>>
>>322631898
That's just how it goes, you can't make every build perfectly balanced thanks to the diversity of movesets. If you fix one OP moveset and build then it likely makes another one just as OP.

Now I'll admit there are a lot of faggots online sure, between the hackers and the guys that just run around parroting git gud scrub shit like they're the king of the game, but that's just how it is. You can beat plenty of the OP builds if you're careful, but they're still OP for a reason.

Besides DaS3 will likely have BB's password system for private sessions.
>>
>>322631424
>hurr everyones a hacker

fuck off. you probably got fucking trashed you useless cunt.

plus fighting against someone with better gear than you is even more challenging and fun, it also makes me want to keep on playing so I can get gear as good or better than his
>>
>>322632270
>you can't make every build perfectly balanced thanks to the diversity of movesets.
This gets completely written off due to garbage netcode,they use the same one since DeS apparently.
>>
>>322632194
It works the same way DaS1 does beyond the need of a bell maiden what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>322631896

>be invaded
>it's some hacking cheater who bolts around the map
>instakills you
>leaves a message
>"lol git gud scrub :^)"

No, anon. That is not fun. I have nothing against drying in a Souls game since it's sort of a mechanic, but I do have something against other players making me die for no fucking reason, when I have no interest or desire to play PvP.

They should make you PvP eligable by using another item instead of Humanity, considering how important it is.
>>
File: 1318870042752.jpg (52KB, 337x367px) Image search: [Google]
1318870042752.jpg
52KB, 337x367px
>>322629642
>twf township is full of high poise DWGR users, laggy backstab fishers, various havel set builds, and tryhards in general
>tfw getting hate messages from people when you beat their tryhard builds with a 40/40 knight
>>
>>322632554
He's referencing how you won't ever invade a solo player, you can only invade a world where they have a co-op helper.

I'll reserve judgement on it, but classic invasions don't seem to be what they want anymore. I hope for covenants like the belltower and so on. If not the pvp will be an afterthought, just like it was in BB.
>>322632626
Play on console or offline if its that much of an issue. PC gaming isn't the place to go if you don't want to encounter cheating assfaces.
>>
>>322632626
I've only been invaded by a hacker like twice. And both times I was pissed but it wasn't a game breaking experience. That's like getting mad cause some nip fuck invades you and lag stabs you twice. It doesn't happen all the time and it's just a mild nusiance. Fucking soul level on the other hand is a huge pain.
>>
>>322632626
>playing on literally reddit: the computing device
>>
>>322632626
>getting hit
>not dodging and running off, then using the environment to your advantage to troll him until he leaves or you get him killed by accident

git gud
>>
>>322632626
Then go offline, there problem solved.

Honestly, I was invaded maybe 4 times total in between two DaS1 playthroughs, 2 of which were at Undead Parish right by the bonfire and 2 of which were in Duke's Archives right by the bonfire.

Sounds like you were just unlucky.
>>
>>322632626
I haven't met a single hacker on PC and i played about 70 matches in 10 days before i got bored.
>>
File: 1451691165175.jpg (23KB, 367x386px) Image search: [Google]
1451691165175.jpg
23KB, 367x386px
>>322632379
>I've never lost at a video game.
>>
>>322632958
Fucking this too. If I got invaded and I didn't want to fight him. Literally run to the boss and challenge him. Then homeward bone back. Or in DaS2 just hide using that one item. And watch him run around trying to find you for 15 minutes. Fucking hilarious. Or just die near the bonfire and say fuck it.
>>
>>322632731
>Get invaded by supermegatwink lord in the burg while trying to get a sunlight medal on gargoyles
>Beat a faggot with a +15 weapon and max'd armor with my +5 weapon
>Get called a hacker
I'm both excited and disappointed that its going back to SM. SM leads to some fun cosplay builds and co-op, but the cancer it breeds for pvp is unmatched.
>>
>>322632626
>They should make you PvP eligable by using another item instead of Humanity, considering how important it is.

I would want pvp-dedicated locations that are always accessible to hollowed and unhollowed characters. Sort of like the Arena thing in Das1 but more of them around the game's world.

>Matching is normally based on soul level, with options to match yourself through a "ranking" system so you can fight players of equal skill
>Game has methods to detect laggy backstabs and hacks and such, and an option to completely block interaction from players who use such methods
>>
>>322633104
I've lost many times anon
>>
>>322633415
>You will never have color wars without Soul Memory

So many potentially awesome blue vs. red vs. yellow (etc.) shit could have went down with DaS2.
>>
File: 1445214978716.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445214978716.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>mfw Ironclad/Smelter hammer strength build
>>
>>322634463
Who knows, we might get something like it. Blues were a thing in DS1, connections issues made it where it didn't happen that much.

I'd expect a greatest hits as far as covenants go in terms of functionality.
>>
>>322632626
>DaS2
>Get invaded early in the game in the Forest
>Total 60 damage using my entire stamina
>Welp
>He drops Pursuer's sword for me
>He drops a Seed of a Giant so he can interact with enemies
>Start co-oping with invader
>>
>>322635875
This happened to me bit where those two giants are. The ones with the giant soul and the forgotten key. Dude was pretty chill.
>>
>>322628087
upvoted
>>
>>322631520
he's making shit up
>>
>>322635875
>grabbing items invaders leave you on the ground
I hope you're not on PC.
>>
>>322638031
They can't drop hacks anon.
>>
>community meme meta

What does that even mean?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.