[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Metal Gear Solid 2 >Japanese video game with subtle anti-war

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: MGS2S_NA_cover.jpg (102KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
MGS2S_NA_cover.jpg
102KB, 640x908px
>Metal Gear Solid 2
>Japanese video game with subtle anti-war messages as well as messages about the idea of expectations vs reality and a plot with very small hints to help the player piece things together, also has multiple ways of progression through non-lethal means
>The gaming community boos it for being nonsensical

>Spec Ops: The Line
>Western game with overt anti-war messages they beat over your head and try to make you feel bad for only giving you one way of progressing through the game by lethal means
>Receives massive praise for being so thought-provoking

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>322625145
But MGS2 has a higher Metacritic score than Spec Ops.
>>
Because the average perdon cant into subtlety

MGS is also a convoluted as fuck plot
>>
Spec Ops was a much better video game than MGS2. Suck it, weeb.
>>
I love MGS2 but that game, along with the rest of the series, is anything but subtle.
>>
>>322625289
I specifically said community, not critics.

Also,
>metacritic
>>
>>322625412
How is it better? Gameplay? Story? Please explain how it is better.
>>
>>322625461
The games pretty old anon. It's much more difficult to understand what MGS2's story really is unless you were around to actually see how it all played out when it was released.
>>
>>322625145
>Metal Gear Solid
>subtle

are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>322625793
I understand that the advertising never mentioned Silver the Hedgehog. Which I agree is a dick move and borders on false advertisement, but it did prove a point about latching on to fictional characters and the power fantasies they create for players.
>>
>>322626061
>Implying anyone knew what the fuck was going on upon release of MGS2

Yeah it's overt now with a hundred plot analysis videos on YouTube, but at the time it was very complicated for the average person
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.