[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Necromancer / Summoner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 11

File: Necro skyforge.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Necro skyforge.gif
4MB, 480x270px
What games have fun Necro classes?

I want to try stuff out. I like it when it's not a passive role where you simply spam your summon ability 20 times and stand there watching your minions do all the work, like in Diablo/PoE. Good examples being Skyforge and Gauntlet where you either need to combo or strategize when and where to get minions while constantly positioning yourself, you need to replenish them often and you only get them under certain conditions.

Tree of Savior also had the interesting Bokor conga-line zombies ability, but summoning requirements weren't all that interesting

Any suggestions?
>>
File: Grimdark.jpg (521KB, 1177x799px) Image search: [Google]
Grimdark.jpg
521KB, 1177x799px
>>
File: BROkor.jpg (2MB, 1920x3240px) Image search: [Google]
BROkor.jpg
2MB, 1920x3240px
>>
File: Conga Line, Conga Life.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Conga Line, Conga Life.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>
File: DragonLoli.jpg (2MB, 1250x4999px) Image search: [Google]
DragonLoli.jpg
2MB, 1250x4999px
Dragon's Dogma should have a Necro class, it would be fun to see all the crazy interactions of AI vs AI

loli skeletons
>>
>>322613212
Guild Wars II has an interesting necro class that isn't really focused on passive summoning.
>>
>>322614374
yeah, but it's gone past it's time. played it on launch and im not too kin on revisiting MMOs with no friends to play with
>>
>>322613750
>>322613909
What the hell
>>
path of exile has several fun necromancer builds
>>
File: The life and death of a Bokor.jpg (2MB, 1014x4900px) Image search: [Google]
The life and death of a Bokor.jpg
2MB, 1014x4900px
>>322615085
I saw a vid with 90+ summons, but the guy just spammed his keyboard while standing still and raised his army up with no conditions whatsoever (like requiring corpses)

It just looks boring to me that way. No combo needed to summon either, just a single key press for the skill.

Please tell me if I'm wrong though, I might give it a chance

>>322614753
what about it?
>>
>>322615321
if you call that playing a necromancer
minions management shouldn't be like Gradius pods.
>>
>>322615321
>It just looks boring to me that way. No combo needed to summon either, just a single key press for the skill.
thats one build, though. i was surprised to see you list poe summoning as similar to d2 necro. sure, it can be, but you're not looking hard enough imo.

flesh offerings, specters, auras, curses, zombies, skeletons

poe is honestly the best necro I can think of. there are options on options. dig more than one guys boring build and you'll probably find what you're after.
>>
>>322613212
Guild Wars Necromancer.

>You will never command literal armies of skeletons in a guild war.
>>
>>322614374
I was gonna say GW2 as well. It does necromancy really well with the minion command abilities and how you can spec for either support your minions or have them support you.

Sadly, GW2 just didn't hold ground as well as I was hoping. I played it for a damned long time, but the most recent expansion was a huge disappointment.
>>
>>322615321
>It just looks boring to me that way. No combo needed to summon either, just a single key press for the skill.

it depends on the build

some summons (skeletons, raging spirits) require no corpses, while others (zombies, spectres) do require corposes

you can use a bunch of curses, which requires active casting (like diablo 2)

you can use summon raging spirit, which requires active casting

you can build around very specific spectres (basically raised dead enemies) and support them in various ways

also most necro builds will use some combination of flesh offering, bone offering and convocation, which are buffs for your summons (the first two require corpses and their strength depends on the number of corpses consumed)

in general, poe builds are very flexible (if you don't care about perfect optimization) and you can make your necro more or less active depending on how you build it
>>
>>322615608
They're called options you ignorant.
>>
File: gauntlet.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gauntlet.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>322615608
ToS is more of an aside, I did say in the OP that it doesn't have interesting mechanics outside the conga-line one It's also not strictly a necro, just has summon mechanics

The best necro I've played so far is from skyforge, with life as your resource, a death mechanic, auto-attack combos, timing cooldowns, non-permanent summons, etc

>>322615907
Loved it way more than GW2, especially how health/mana functioned and how many skills worked around boosting/delaying their recovery. Rushing around the map trying to get as many zombies at once as possible was also fun

>>322615756
>>322616004
Maybe I haven't looked far enough. I saw two 20-minute long guides and they both looked very similar. The guy went into an arena, spammed a couple of keys to summon everything and sat there watching with no risk

It just looked very borgins combared to the very active role you take in Gauntlet, dodging around everything because you die in 2 hits, and placing your summons just right and at the right time because they are so fragile

I guess I'll take a second look on PoE's "necro"
>>
>>322616004

Until you get to cruel/merciless and you realize that without intensive grind for gear, you and, most importantly, your summons get absolutely wrecked by a random mob. Having to resummon your spectres because they got sniped from half across the screen and there's nothing you can do about it sucks big time.
>>
File: 1390683680615.png (37KB, 139x181px) Image search: [Google]
1390683680615.png
37KB, 139x181px
>>322615907
>mfw anti-necro dervish
>>
>>322616791
>borgins combared
fuck I need to sleep
>>
>implying EverQuest doesn't have the dankest necromancer ever made
>>
>>322613212

Guild Wars 1 had some pretty interesting stuff you could do as necro. You could have a pretty good sized horde, but it constantly loses health unless you keep them up. They also require enemy (or ally) corpses to summon from, so you need to be able to make a few corpses before you can get rolling. There are a bunch of different types of dudes too, I remember one big guy was an elite skill, one that bled on attack, one that summons 2 per corpse and a few others. Taking only a few different types allowed you to combo other skills with them too.

I don't know if anyone even plays anymore, but GW1 can be done relatively completely solo if you want.
>>
>>322615907
god old furnace runs with a minion army
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-01-15-16-37-44.png (557KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-01-15-16-37-44.png
557KB, 540x960px
so.. any recommendations other than PoE and guildwars?
>>
>>322617858
GW1 can be done entirely solo now. Especially with mercenaries being added.
>>
bampu
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.