[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can P5 surpass these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1451884560476.jpg (414KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451884560476.jpg
414KB, 900x600px
How can P5 surpass these?
>>
>>322610775

More otaku dating sim shit and waifu faggotry
>>
Surpass how garbage they are? I don't know.
>>
>>322610775
Have a cast member nobody hates.
>>
P5 will be the goty of this year and all of you fags knows that.

C'mon, what other game can even compete? U4? Don't make me laugh.
>>
>>322610775
by not being a shit game
>>
Surpassing them is not difficult.
The Persona development team is really stupid though.
>>
>>322610775
By having good animations, gameplay, and not dumping exposition on the player every hour
>>
Persona 5 looks more SMT than #FE.
>>
By actually being good, and not just meme-tier "Facebook Friends: Waifu the U~guu Dungeon Crawler."

Persona went to fucking shit after Eternal Punishment. What a disappointment.
>>
>>322610775
In sales? Make the game more about the characters/s links and be less grindy

In /v/'s eyes? Make it twice as grindy dull and grimdark
>>
>>322610775
It already looks better desu senpai
>>
File: 1370375031693.jpg (88KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1370375031693.jpg
88KB, 340x340px
>>322610775

>Implying the P2 cast wasn't better than both

This is why Mainline doesn't associate with you
>>
>>322612206
Yeah ! More guns, explosions and cool dudes on bikes amrite?
>>
>>322610775
Easily.

P5 looks like it will take itself less seriously than P3, and will tone down the pandering from P4.
The artstyle is fucking gorgeous and the director said that gameplay-wise it will be the biggest Persona game to date.
Those guys made Catherine which was a sleeper hit from the PS360 era, I'm confident they will deliver once again.
>>
>>322610775
Having good gameplay comes to mind.
>>
>>322612705
>P2
get outta here grandpa, everyone knows persona started with 3
>>
Actually having decent dungeons. That's probably the biggest flaw that both games suffered from. P5 already looks way better in that regard though.
>>
>>322612705
>mainline

Literally who
>>
>>322612705
>This is why Mainline doesn't associate with you

No, for the 1000th fucking time, Persona is it's own serise, which I love just as much as SMT, but it's its own goddamn thing.
>>
>>322610775
I liked them both and I think P5 will be better. Everything shown looks solid
>>
I love how butthurt /v/ is about Persona.
I really hope it's the same as 3 and 4 so I can see you faggots cry about it.
>>
>>322618368
I hope , scratch that I KNOW this game will have demon negotiations, and I know it will make personafags cry
I'll lick your tears then
>go on youtube video about P2
>comments going WOAH WHY ARE YOU TALKING WITH ENEMIES JUST SMASH EM GLAD THEY REMOVED IT IN P3 n 4 <33
Kek
>>
File: 1430409519000.jpg (458KB, 950x817px) Image search: [Google]
1430409519000.jpg
458KB, 950x817px
>tfw love both SMT and Persona
>tfw I'll love this game
>>
>>322618702
oh yeah, I forgot that we'll actually get to fight demons in this one.
>>
>>322611814
Nier Automata.

It's the reason i've got a PS4.
>>
The biggest issue P3 and 4 have is the shity "life sim" aspect. Why they added that to the series, I'll never understand.
>>
>>322619243
what about it do you not like?
>>
>>322619243
It's literally the one thing that makes it different from SMT. That, and shitty gameplay.
Sounds to me like you're a lonely faggot.
>>
>>322610775
P3: Don't have a shitty dungeon with 200+ floors and a month with nothing left to do other than grinding.

P4: Don't have cringeworthy as hell characters, less pandering and shitty "humour".
>>
I have played and loved SMT Nocturne, DDS 1 and 2, P3 and P4. Not exactly a hardcore fan of the SMT franchise but I did really, really enjoy all of the games from it I played and I am really looking forward to P5. I can't imagine it will be anything but great.

Eventually I will try Devil Survivor or SMT IV since I have a 3DS.

There is a very slim chance I will play the first two SMT or Persona games though.
>>
>>322619361
The fact is bogs down the actual gameplay with useless highschool bullshit.
And at least with p3, the character development stayed within the story. But in 4, it was put into the social links.
>>
>>322610775
By not being them
You think I'm shitposting, implying they're not good games and everything, but the truth is that people will be disappointed if it ends up just being more of the exact same after years of short trailers hyping up teenage thief gang adventures. P5 will be considered proportionately better the fresher it seems
>>
>>322612365
>implying P2 was good
Nigga i'm playing a game, not reading a book
>>
>>322619794
Funny thing is, P3's gameplay is a huge improvement over P2's
>>
>>322619774
>DDS
hipster pls go
>>
I WILL MARRY CHIE!
>>
>>322619842
I think they're shooting themselves in the foot by not showing the day to day social sim gameplay. The dungeon/thief sections are probably going to be the rare exception in a game that is mainly social sim stuff.

Unless they learned from Catherine where the social sim takes a back seat to the core gameplay.
>>
>>322619542
Wouldn't a lonely faggot enjoy that though?
>>
>>322614063
>gameplay-wise it will be the biggest Persona game to date

I hope that doesn't mean biggest as in most social links or some shit like that. That garbage made me drop 4, glad I just borrowed it.
>>
Doesn't matter what the gameplay of 5 is going to be like or how well it's done. Most if not all threads will just be waifu/husbano garbage.
>>
>>322610854
This, honestly.

The dating sim stuff was my favorite part of P3 and P4. You can find ways to improve the dungeon crawling, I guess. I just don't want them to go too overboard and make the dungeons near-impossible mazes with traps and puzzles, because I don't want the dungeon crawling to get in the way of me and my waifus.

There are a few changes I could see them making to the dating sim stuff though:
>Don't let intimacy be the end of a character's story. I hate working so hard to start a relationship with one character and then once we actually do become a couple, then all interaction between us is done and I'm expected to move on to the next woman.
>More options for "hanging out" with other characters. There are a lot of days in the game where I do nothing but go see a movie, go swimming at the beach, etc. and have to do it by myself because none of the characters have called me wanting to hang out. Any time your character is doing an activity that isn't school or dungeon crawling, you should have the option of calling other characters to see which one will be willing to join you on your activity.
>The option to change your home over the course of the game would be nice. Perhaps you start out at your home, and then can move on to a dorm room, an apartment, etc. If that's too much, then at least have the option to visit the other characters' homes and spend the night there.
>More activities that are available at night.
>ACTUAL FUCKING CONSEQUENCES FOR CHEATING ON YOUR GIRLFRIEND
>>
>>322623990
That's not what waifu means you pig
>>
File: images (12).jpg (20KB, 445x331px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
20KB, 445x331px
>>322623990
>my waifus
>waifus
>s
>>
make the MC a cute girl and allow for bisexual dating
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.