[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Given how Unreal tournament 3 went, is this any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Unreal Tournament 4.png (96KB, 2796x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Unreal Tournament 4.png
96KB, 2796x1062px
Given how Unreal tournament 3 went, is this any good?
>>
>>322606457

>mfw my skills are not even just rusty but completely gone
>this is still enough to pubstomp in free shooters and the like
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>322606457
It's still pretty fucking early in development.

But I don't see why it shouldn't be fun once it gets finished.
I mean, it's basically the same as the old ones, just with better graphics and new maps.

Chaos UT will have a version, so will Instagib, etc.
>>
Nobody here plays this game OP.

PC gamers are all bark and no bite. They talk so much about old arena shooters but when a game comes along to revive the genre, they don't care about it.

The same happened with Tribes Ascend. Honestly OP, at this point you're better off getting pointers from Reddit.
>>
>>322608282
>>322608020

Cheers
>>
>>322606457
It seems to be back in good form, for 3 they put all the work into making it console friendly and abandoned their core audience. This time around they're back focused on the core audience they need who will play the game, run the servers, and keep the community going and I think it will wind up doing rather well.
>>
>>322608020
>maxresdefault

Why do I keep seeing this everywhere?
>>
>>322609894
Youtube video thumbnail, as seen from google image search.
>>
I actually really liked ut3
when you were more a fan of the vehicular maps ut3 is the best.
I would say that ut3 has the best vehicular combat in any mp-fps
>>
>>322610786
Don't forget fucking hoverboards that can grapple to vechicles.
>>
>>322608282

More like we got burnt more than anyone

UT being "built by the community" being in indefinite "early access" forever and generally having a lot of cosmetics shit just drives people the fuck away

We clamor about "hurr good ol arena shooters" but we also wish for "pay once for a game and own everything about it" too
>>
>>322611786
At least it's free
>>
>>322611952

>At least it's free

That is not a good thing at all
>>
>>322611786
What is your major malfunction? Everything about the game is free, AND IT'S MADE IN GODDAMN UNREAL ENGINE4! IF YOU WANT CONTENT, THEN FUCKING MAKE IT! IT'S LITERALLY THE EASIEST ENGINE ON EARTH!

FUCK!
>>
>>322612047
Just be happy it's not those generic pay2win shit you sad sad anon.
>>
>>322612047
Thread's over, this guy is a retard, move along everyone, nothing to see here.

Everybody sage from here on out.
>>
>>322612117

I want a game made by a competent developer that has enough confidence in his product to sell it for a fair price - and still expect financial success

Instead of devs who offload content creation to the community, who make their game F2P and seek profit through many kinds of disgusting microtransaction measures

I'm not even saying this is happening here, just that we've seen it a lot before.

But who cares?
Literally none of you played UT99.
>>
>>322612362
But it isn't F2P it's cosmetic only right now. People get paid for submitting their own content, and epic takes a small share after $3000 has been earned by the creator.
>>
>>322612809

>but

I've made my point in my first sentence, how many "buts" have we heard in the past 10 years and how many new FPS games we have with staying power?

None.
>>
File: cirnosnooze786786789.jpg (65KB, 791x636px) Image search: [Google]
cirnosnooze786786789.jpg
65KB, 791x636px
I'm sure that it'll be a good game but so far it seems to me a lot like the game we had 15 years ago.
Probably because they want to nail the basics before release but I don't see anything exciting so far compared to half a million other dead games of the genre.

Hopefully the end product, if it finishes, offers something fresh (with the weapons and/or items mostly).
>>
>>322612965
So it isn't worth at least trying?
>>
>>322613842

It is, my thoughts were solely to address the "why is there no hype weren't you crying for this for years" comments

I'm kind of conflicted about it, I like the changes made to some of the guns, but I really miss the oomph the ut99 rocket launcher had compared to this little thing
>>
Why are the servers so dead ?

>that moment when foregone destruction starts playing.
>>
File: 1331789733665.jpg (16KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
1331789733665.jpg
16KB, 500x346px
>>322608282
Don't project your bullshit on others you baseless asshat.
>>322611786
>More like we got burnt more than anyone
EXACTLY
>>322606457
Unreal Tournament 4 has a lot of hope. The gameplay feels very good and feels like a mix of both UT99 with speed but has a lot of the aesthetic that comes with UT2003/2004. Now I prefer the dark and grunge look of UT GOTY that makes it feel like a brother of Quake but this new UT being community driven has a lot of potential, however, the community itself from what I see has already diminished.

All platforms these days have so much choices, variety, and information that I am going to assume this good gesture to the arena style of shooters is going to be laid waste from community fatigue, lost time, little funding, and soon loss of interest and motivation which may release a premature game. The game has potential but it needs a voice and it needs real push, and it isn't happening.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.