[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Nintendo 3DS- version 9.9 firmware, Australian stock. Which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: new_nintendo_3ds.png (127KB, 680x355px) Image search: [Google]
new_nintendo_3ds.png
127KB, 680x355px
New Nintendo 3DS- version 9.9 firmware, Australian stock.

Which entrypoints can I use? From there, once homebrew is booted, what would you recommend for downgrading? Links to guides that will actually work (I.E. NOT BRICK my machine)?

Thanks in advance, family
>>
File: DYZgAX6.png (91KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
DYZgAX6.png
91KB, 1050x700px
reddit com / r / 3dshacks
>>
File: nick-young-confused-face.jpg (40KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
nick-young-confused-face.jpg
40KB, 505x431px
>>322601736
This doesn't really answer my question. Where's the entrypoint on 10.3 that everyone's talking about? This guide is surely outdated- I just updated my New3DS to 10.3 to transfer over my old system data, so is it that I'm literally screwed if I don't have Linux? The fuck?
>>
afaik there's no N3DS support for it yet.
>>
>grab aqua blue 3ds after not using it since July or so
>get sd ready for hack
>open console
>circle pad grey cover falls apart out of fucking nowhere
>R button doesn't work anymore who the fuck knows why, it worked fine last time I used it
>get all the shit into the sd card
>start process
>can't go to process unless I update firmware, otherwise the web browser won't launch

This is a fucking signal. Don't tell me it is not, because it fucking is.
>>
okay i need help with this shit, the absolute clusterfuck of different tools, exploits, firmware and models is confusing as fuck
i have an Old3DS running version 9.2
last night i managed to use browserhax and boot the homebrew menu, after that i used emunand9 (?) to format my SD card with the homebrew starter pack
what steps do i have left to be able to run ROMs?
i read something about installing rxTools or CakesFW but they keep taling about MSET or Spider or some shit
is there a way to boot into homebrew menu without using browserhack?
>>
>>322602619
Do you even math???
>=1.02
implies that versions of 1.02 or GREATER will not be able to homebrew.
>>
>>>/vg/hbg

The entrypoint is browserhax, literally scan a QR code with your 3ds camera, and it will direct you to a page that runs homebrew channel.
>>
>>322602619
That's the outdated one. There's a new browserhax entrypoint, also an old ironfall downloader and menuhax works on 10.3 as well.
>>
>>322604553
I'm confused as fuck too, but I don't think there's a way to run 3DS roms quite yet. From what I understand, they just gained kernel access so it should be coming soon.
>>
>>322605417
Fantastic news! Could you please link me to it?
>>
>>322605543
New 3DS or Old? Also, version? And are you going to get ironfall? Id recommend it for when they patch the browser
>>
>>322605543
Scratch that, I'm retarded. Must be late.

Here you are:

http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright_tx3g.php

If it doesn't work at first, try clearing your browser save and trying again.
>>
>>322605623
New 3DS, v10.3. Australian stock. I'm OP- I just updated and system transferred it.
I already have Ironfall, the original version, too.

Which entrypoint should I ACTUALLY use? Links?
>>
>>322604553
Ok faggot, I am gonna spoonfeed you so listen up. Once you are on 9.2, go to gateway and grab the latest launcher, put it on you SD card. then use the gateway web browser exploit to launch it. Then install emunand. Once you are in emunand, MAKE SURE you see the letters GW in the Firmware in system settings. Exit, and place rxtools on the sd card. This is a title manager that allows you to install .cia game files on you system like you downloaded it from e-shop.
>>
>>322606050
Also, grab the starter pack from here:

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Browserhax won't launch without it.

The ironhax installer is bundled with that as well, so provided you have the first release of ironfall, you should be able to install the hax immediately
>>
>downgraded from 9.5 to 9.2
>installed all the hax
>got cfw
>unlinked nands
>got my emunand to 10.3
>already installed MHX and KH3D
>browsing custom themes
>all in a few hours
Fun fun fun.
>>
>>322606368
What does the unlink nands thing do actually?
>>
>>322606368
Sounds pretty good. By the way, isn't it not recommended to update your Emunand if you're on New3DS? I heard some people talking about 10.3 emunand being safe for Old3DS, but nothing above 9.5 being safe for New3DS. Is this true?
>>
File: 1448744757518.png (219KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448744757518.png
219KB, 480x480px
>>322606368
>Tfw so inept that I have to wait until a video walkthrough is released before I'll tinker with my system
>>
>>322606515
I'm on O3DS so it's all good for me.

>>322606472
Fixes some bug/glitches that you might get. Also lets you have latest firmware on your hacked side while your system side stays on exploitable firmware.
>>
>>322602930
Ask in the homebrew general. I recall there being a way to remove the nag but that was ages ago.
>>
>>322606472
Gives you two Systems. One is the innate system that runs in the NAND chip that is installed inside the 3DS, called SysNAND. Unlinking your NANDs creates a second, virtual NAND chip that lives in your SD card. It tricks the system into treating the SD card like a piece of internal hardware, allowing you to boot an emulated system version with hacks running inside it. In essence, it lets your system keep its original system running and, without overwriting said system, allows it to boot into a second, different system which resides in the SD card. Because they become two separate consoles in the mind of Nintendo, this is referred to as "unlinking" the NANDs.

The EmuNAND is what people call a "custom firmware" or cfw. (Technically it's what RUNS the custom firmware but apples and oranges.)
>>
>>322606723
I see, many thanks anon.
>>
Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this.

Say you get homebrew working on your 3DS, then do an official update. What happens?
>>
>>322606063
thanks pal, at work so i cant test it out right now though
is there a reason i have to use gateway exploit instead of browserhax?
>>
File: 1446627806622.jpg (14KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1446627806622.jpg
14KB, 500x359px
>>322607819
Yes. The reason is that they do completely different things. Just follow instructions to the letter. Admit you don't know what you're talking about and maybe you'll come through the other end unscathed.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.