[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Super Mario Bros. for the DS will be 10 years old in a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 275px-NewSuperMarioBrothers.jpg (29KB, 275x246px) Image search: [Google]
275px-NewSuperMarioBrothers.jpg
29KB, 275x246px
New Super Mario Bros. for the DS will be 10 years old in a few months. How does that make you feel?
>>
It's been 10 years since the Mario sidescrollers were altered forever for the worse.
>>
>>322582156
I never bothered with the NSMB games. Are they really that bad? Been curious about the Wii U one lately.
>>
>>322582558
It's okay, I think the Wii U ones are piss easy though. Now that I think about it, they all are.
>>
>>322582558
They're the exact point that Nintendo stopped trying to do anything unique with Mario sidescrollers and played it safe because it guaranteed money.
>>
>>322582031
It makes me recall why putting *new* in a title is a retarded thing to do.

>>322582558
They are ok. Nothing too special though.
>>
>>322582729
New Super Luigi U is basically a Lost Levels styled game. Everything's intentionally designed to be harder.
>>
File: 1451176477162.jpg (15KB, 281x350px) Image search: [Google]
1451176477162.jpg
15KB, 281x350px
>>322582905
tell me more, anon
>>
>>322582905
Luigi U is still easy, and yes that includes the bonus levels. The mid-air spin mechanic gives you so much room for error that mistiming jumps is practically impossible.
>>
>>322583303
All the playable characters have Luigi's higher jump and lower traction from Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels. Basically they all slide around more like Luigi in Lost Levels.

The game has been designed to be more difficult, with each stage starting at only 100 seconds, and designed to be more punishing in general. More obstacles, enemies, intentional level design to be harder.

Obviously not as hard as Lost Levels, but out of all the NSMB games, it's the hardest.

>>322583605
Compared to the other NSMB games it is the hardest though.
>>
NSMB Wii U was great
NSMB Wii was really fun too
>>
File: 1451595565389.jpg (72KB, 640x537px) Image search: [Google]
1451595565389.jpg
72KB, 640x537px
>>322582031
>people who were 8 when it came out will be able to post here legally
>>
>>322582558
Not a bad game, but nothing remarkable or memorable and a definite pinpoint where something went wrong.
>>
>>322582558
Basically what the others said. The series are alright, but they're not very remarkable compared to the old platformers. I think the art and theme directions in the New games influencing other Mario series (like in Paper Mario Sticker Star) is what would be the greatest source of dislike towards them.
>>
>>322582031
>NSMB comes out
>Wii launches

2006 was the end of Nintendo.
>>
>tfw I remember going on the game's website and downloading the wallpapers when it first came out
>tfw I remember it like it was <4 years ago
da fug

>Windows vista will be 10 years old in about a year
>>
>>322585887
I'd normally agree with this, but that was the best generation of Mario Bike.
>>
Runescape is 15 years old today. It's 12:01 here so good morning anons.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.