[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /v/ I just bought both of these games in the steam sale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: gaymes.png (3MB, 1373x910px) Image search: [Google]
gaymes.png
3MB, 1373x910px
Hello /v/

I just bought both of these games in the steam sale and I've had much more fun playing Skyrim than I have playing Morrowind.
Why do people love Morrowind so much? I can respect it as an okay game but I don't see why people jizz their pants over it.

inb4 google it or something faggot
>>
bump I must know
>>
Depth.
>>
>>322581102
some people have more imagination than you
>>
>>322581102
I had the same feelings about them.

Just got done with a damn good Skyrim session. Tons of mods make shit super challenging though.

The only major, major core mechanic I prefer from Morrowind is that it's deleveled, but, of course, Morrowloot 4E Edition is a mod that can change that in Skyrim, as well as the loot system. Good shit.
>>
Morrowind is an actual RPG

Becoming the Nerevarine was more satisfying that anything in skyrim
>>
Refund Morrowind and get Oblivion if thats the case, trust me you'll like it more especially with the DLC's
>>
Hand placed loot hidden in dungeons.

you never knew if you were gonna find just mundane shit or something extraordinary.

In oblivion/skyrim everything is randomized and made so that its only ever appropriate for your level. It makes trekking out into the unknown less rewarding.
>>
>>322581102

I liked a lot of things about Morrowind, the setting, sense of progression especially in terms of movement, the magic system, static loot, Telvanni faction, and mods. I won't deny some aspects are dated, the combat has flaws, not so much the fact that you can miss, just that it's kind of basic. Stealth is also pretty useless. I just really enjoy the game, I love being a mage in it. I enjoyed Oblivion and to a much lesser extent Skyrim, but I've come back to Morrowind multiple times.
>>
>>322581102
Morrowind has a much more believable world and better story telling (and a ton more factions to choose from / play). Skyrim simply improves on the gameplay aspects of TES, while not looking nearly as dated as Morrowind does (being one of the first 3d graphics rpgs).

Skyrim has more mods to select from, so overall these days it's a better game to play just because you can make it into whatever you feel like. Morrowind mods are pretty straight forward, graphics bumps and minor quality of life changes to UI, loot, and crafting.

If you don't really care about Elder Scrolls lore, skip Morrowind. It's mostly played for story and freedom of choice. That and mages were much cooler to play when you could make your own arsenal of spells, but I'm pretty sure there's a Skyrim mod for that too, now. Could be mistaken.
>>
morrowind had more player agency.
>>
>>322582206

Also just felt like there was a lot more freedom and roleplaying potential. More than one way to work through quests.
>>
>>322581102
I'm not a big fan of melee combat in Morrowind, but it's because Morrowind has an actually interesting setting and some sense of actual magical abilities and creativity rather than guns with magic skins. And skyrim's melee isn't much better. In the grand scheme they're both dogshit. And on top of that skyrim has pretty much no story besides a few mediocre quests with fancy presentation and nothing deeper than that, on top of being ludicrously short. Oh shit, you've been at the mage academy for a day? Well here's epic chain of quests that happens in one day, you are now the Archmage cause last one died heroically!

Morrowind you become the archmage cause some punk ass bitch is running it terribly and after a fair amount of time everyone says you should replace him. You don't just get promoted, you go talk to that piece of shit and he challenges you to a duel, and you two go out fucking side and one of you doesn't come back in. People prefer skyrim quests over that because they're retards that like Transformers movies and as long as you throw flashy big shit in their face they're content. But it's not absolutely genius tier game like faggots on /v/ make it out to be. "Muh best game ever" faggots, both of you.
>>
Because Morrowind has actual depth to it.
>>
>>322582208
>Morrowind has a much more believable world and better story telling

Yes, because every NPC standing at the same place for eternity and every shop being open all the time and every NPC acting like information hubs are "believable worlds" if you are autistic.

It feels just strange for mere mortals who haven't acceded to wizardhood and interact with actual people.
>>
>>322581102
Refund Morrowind and wait for skywind to come out
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.