[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the other warhammer games better than this one? Bit of buyers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: warhammer.jpg (90KB, 646x325px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer.jpg
90KB, 646x325px
Are the other warhammer games better than this one?
Bit of buyers remorse here.
I feel like they could have done so much more with this.
>>
None of the other warhammer games are even vaguely like Vermintide. Though if you like the setting you may want to try Mordheim. I hear it's somewhat Xcom like.
>>
Space Marine
>>
File: rsz_jessrab3.jpg (86KB, 227x310px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_jessrab3.jpg
86KB, 227x310px
>2,305
playing 28 min ago 4,517
24-hour peak

D E A D G A M E
>>
>>322569198
they are hit or miss.
>>
>>322569198
there are a lot of shitty warhammer games since games workshop give their licenses to anybody in exchange for a cut of the profits

Vermintide is one of the better ones, but the original Dawn of War series is still far and away the best warhammer game
>>
I've been having an ok time with this. It's not GOTY but for 20 bucks I'm enjoying the fun mindlessness of it all and playing with friends. It takes too long to get any interesting weapons though and it ripped everything from Left 4 Dead so it's starting to get a bit old already
>>
Warhammer 40k
Dawn of War with all the expansions
Eternal crusade
Space marine
Chaos gate
Fire warrior

Warhammer
Mordheim
Total war: warhammer
>>
>>322572726
Thats plenty of people dude
According to the devs its also nearing 500k sales
>>
Space Marine is seriously badass

Dawn of War 1 with up to atleast Dark Crusade expansion is one of my fav rts' ever
>>
>>322572726
That's actually way better than I thought it'd be doing.
>>
>>322573937

>500k for Triple-A multiplayer only

wew lad...that's sickly at best

fyi L4D2 has more concurrent players than Vermintide
>>
File: heavy_isnt_sure.png (236KB, 351x453px) Image search: [Google]
heavy_isnt_sure.png
236KB, 351x453px
>>322575084
>Surprised that a 40$ early access game has less conncurrent players than a Volvo game sold for several years at prices ranging from 20$ to free.
>>
>>322575871

...yeah...with a Warhammer IP attached to it?

it's not some obscure fucking indie title you mental midget

it should be doing way better but it's on life support
>>
File: 1451272643524.png (311KB, 539x607px) Image search: [Google]
1451272643524.png
311KB, 539x607px
It was dead a month ago, with like 800 players. I'm surprised that it's that high, and that I've seen so many threads about it in the last few days.

The devs seem nice, so I hope it succeeds. They are just so godawfully slow at releasing content.
>>
I'm still waiting for a good fantasy Warhammer game after WAR shut down.

Yes, I play on return of reckoning, but I'm super low level and its super low populated. When I get a scenario pop its great, though I'm only level 13 WH/level 9 WP. Levelling sucks and is slow.
>>
If only vermintide didn't run like complete dogshit.
>>
>>322576492
You realize WH isn't THAT popular, right? This isn't WC we're talking about, beyond the Dawn of War games (which themselves were semi-obscure AA budget games), WH doesn't have a really strong presence in the vidya world, even though they keep trying desperately.

I'm not knocking it I'm just saying that's how it is. A lot of my friends are big WH fans but most of them just stick to the tabletop stuff, there's surprisingly little overlap with the gaming community.
>>
Is the game still full of cheesers? I want to go back and play some but every time I play it seems to just be a bunch of nofun tryhards leading me along.
>>
File: 2093_1273102265554.jpg (44KB, 390x393px) Image search: [Google]
2093_1273102265554.jpg
44KB, 390x393px
>>322575084
>triple-A

The fuck are you on?
Just because a game has Warhammer Ip doesn't automatically make the game a triple a production, you mong.
Besides, Warhammer Ip itself isn't that fucking popular. GW had to reboot the whole fucking fantasy line because they had been making more money out of their god damn PAINTS than the fantasy shit for years.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.