[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Super Mario Star Road any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
Is Super Mario Star Road any good?
>>
>>322566192
It's just okay. If you really like SM64 it's good.
>>
I gotta be honest, the first time I played it, on a proper emulator using a Gamecube controller, I was amazed. It felt like the Super Mario 64 2 Nintendo Power promised back in the day, and it was a lot of fun. I even invited my mom over to play it with me, like we used to when I was 4-5 on the original N64. We both loved it.

Give it a go.
>>
>>322570116
Did you kiss your mom afterwards anon?
>>
>>322566192
yes. yes it is. after playing 500 hours of super mario 64 and romhacks and speedrunning star road, I can say that it is actually the best romhack ever.

the difficulty is excellent, level design is true to form of the original except more difficult and you actually use marios full moveset, the music could be better but its all from other games so it isnt bad, it really did capture the feel of the original game for me very well.
>>
Shit actually does water levels better than the original.
>>
>>322571701
oh and i forgot to mention that you should keep an eye on kazes upcoming hack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsveJeHBQLw

it seems to take more inspiration from galaxy as far as level design and aesthetic and such but its still going to be amazing.
>>
Holy shit, thank you for mentioning this. I'd never even heard of this, but I'm gonna play the fuck out of this because I've 120'd the original way too many times now
>>
absolutely, but its camera is shit
>>
>>322572106
but there's only 70 stars in the game
>>
>>322572336
In SM64? There's 120
>>
File: Capture.png (391KB, 793x559px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
391KB, 793x559px
>>322572336
Don't you lie to him, anon.
>>
fuck, mapped my ps2 controller just for this, haven't picked it up in a while

was really fun the first two worlds or so I played
>>
Can this be played on an N64 with an Everquest?
>>
>>322573263
no, no sm64 romhacks work on the everdrive unless they just change textures or other tiny changes.

easy enough to emulate though
>>
>>322573576
Thanks.
>>
File: Capture.png (1005KB, 794x556px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1005KB, 794x556px
>>
I'd really love to play this game if some clever little boy came up with a better camera. It worked well in SM64 because the entire game was designed with decent camera angles from the start. It'd be too much work for the rom hacker to set up cameras that fit the situation perfectly, but still.
>>
File: Capture.png (740KB, 794x555px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
740KB, 794x555px
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.