[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got the Ace Attorney Trilogy on 3DS two days ago, and I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_n2wan22ocq1rdfhxdo1_500.png (211KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2wan22ocq1rdfhxdo1_500.png
211KB, 500x371px
I got the Ace Attorney Trilogy on 3DS two days ago, and I just finished Ace Attorney.

I'm kinda torn on whether I should replay Justice for All. I played these game a long time ago, but I do recall not enjoying Justice for All that much.

Should I? Was Turnabout Big Top and Grossberg's hemorrhoids as bad as I remember them?
>>
Grossberg's hemorrhoids are in Trials & Tribulations.
>>
>>322556905
I dunno. JFA was my first AA and I like it. Only after I played that I realized it was actually a series.
>>
Justice for All is widely regarded as a low point.

>Farewell, My Turnabout makes up for everything

Yeah, sure.
>>
>>322556905
It's worth going through but 2 is the weakest. Plus big top isn't even that bad.
>>
Oh, and I haven't played 2-5 either. Is that something good enough to look forward to?
>>
>>322557362
I liked the case itself overall a lot more than the characters in it. Like I really don't give a shit about Emma and don't know why she became a recurring character.

As for the triogy though, I think the first game is pretty much perfect for what it is. All the chapters fit together well and it feels complete. I recalls the two sequels both having about half 'filler' cases though. Like the MaskDeMasque one is literally you defending a literal thief but it's okay because it's not murder. And the Maggey one in the third game was mostly pointless too besides establishing a relationship for Gumball, which I don't think is suitable or needed at all because isn't there a huge age gap or something?

I dunno, the first one left a more memorable impressions to me clearyl, but I still remember the writing being overall entertaining, especially in court
>>
>>322557204
2-2 was good and 2-3 isn't as bad as you meme spouters make it look.
Fuck off
>>
Any cases going on?
>>
File: 1437946460048.jpg (23KB, 616x699px) Image search: [Google]
1437946460048.jpg
23KB, 616x699px
>>322556905
really you gonna miss 2-4
>>
>>322556905
It's worth playing solely for the final case, which is phenomenal.
Turnabout Big Top is as bad as you remember it.
The first case is alright and the second is pretty good.
>>
play it again, its not that bad. People really like to overstate how bad JFA is
>>
what happened to Ace Attorney threads? They use to be so good
>>
>>322565505
Athena happened.
I like her character but I admit that her existence causes so much pure hatred in AA purists that merely mentioning her causes threads to implode.
I mean whenever it happens, I patiently wait for that Pearls shitposter with the Mako gif, as that guy's shitposts are far better than 100 posts arguing whether or not Athena is a Mary-Sue or whatever.
>>
>>322567208
I'm pretty sure its that one autismo who shits all over DD in every topic. I don't like Athena but its not worth the shit posting
>>
>>322567552
Could be, fuck if I know. If it is I just know that people feed him by replying and it makes it worse.
>>
JFA is the game that showcases the new motivations that Phoenix and Edgeworth carry for all future titles. It's probably one of the most important segments of character development for them.

Not only that but it changes the players views on the court cases as well. At first we saw each case as a win/lose situation as opposed to a means of finding out what really happened and going from there,
>>
>>322568058
I think you're really playing the game up. Even with 2-4 as the climactic case that is, claiming that it created these characteristics that the two of them carry for future titles is flat-out wrong. Edgeworth especially doesn't change at all. He's just shocked by the events, agrees to help Phoenix out, and together they work it out and save the day. He doesn't change at all. He changed after 1-4. He also changed again before JFA even HAPPENED. I mean there was a part where he at least explains his actions and Phoenix comes to an understanding with him but that is barely even a part of the case. He's just there as an accessory. Look, the guy from the first game is back! RIVALS, YEAAAH! SO COOL! EDGEWORTH, WOO!

And if it really was meant to change so much about court cases, why did they never expand on this afterward? Every case after 2-4 so far has been nothing but win-lose, except maybe the shit surrounding the events of Apollo Justice.
>>
>>322569445
>And if it really was meant to change so much about court cases, why did they never expand on this afterward?

Edgeworth is the one that tells phoenix that the purpose of a trial is to seek the truth. They hammer this point home in Apollo, Trials, the spin offs and DD

Phoenix changes from someone who wants to just get the not guilty verdict but instead makes sure to do his best to find out what happens
>>
>Wait for sale of the trilogy
>just $10 off
goddammit nintendo
>>
>>322556905
I honestly never regretted playing an Ace Attorney game. Some of the cases drag them down a little, but there is always at least one that is a huge payoff.
>>
>>322572308
I gave up on it. 10 dollars off is good enough.
I know DS emulation is pretty good, but I like playing it on the go
>>
>>322557043
Huh. I was mixing them up then.
Still I remember being very annoyed by that joke.
>>
>>322558182
>And the Maggey one in the third game was mostly pointless too besides establishing a relationship for Gumball, which I don't think is suitable or needed at all because isn't there a huge age gap or something?

The important thing 3-3 set up was the fact godot can't see red on white. It's mostly to help people solve the fifth case.

My only problem with the first game is how inept he is(he shows crucial evidence to the perp in every fucking case and has it taken in every fucking case. If it wasn't for gumshoe he'd have lost the evidence needed in the 3rd case) and how the second case ended. I still don't get what happened exactly.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.