[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best MMORPG to roleplay as a merchant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: PoliticalMerchant[1].jpg (22KB, 495x224px) Image search: [Google]
PoliticalMerchant[1].jpg
22KB, 495x224px
TL;DR=title
I'm looking for a MMORPG with the following requirements, in order of importance:
>Popular/populated (so no obscure chinese mmo)
>People do need gold/items to raid/do important shit and don't just farm it by killing stuff
>RP server present (duh)

EXTRA REQUIREMENT, HEAVILY ATTRACTED TO IT IF THE FOLLOWING IS POSSIBLE:
>A new character is still able to get every single item/achievement/title/whatever ever released. Beta exclusive items i can ignore.
>>
>>322497854
TESO, strangely enough, fits every requirement and has dozens of roleplay communities.
>>
>>322498002
Really? Even the extra one?
I've heard Teso is kinda obscure population and popularity wise though, how is it compared to big shots like WoW and FF14?
Or, for a better comparison, to others like Wildstar?
>>
>>322497854
Eve Online
the only game with real market
>>
>tfw gun running in defiance
having your chat blown up as soon as you sign in because people wanted to buy your stuff was amazing, starting auctions after arkfalls with like 20 people fighting over my sweet drop would never get old. Too bad they added that horrid scaling system and butchered the combat by doing so
>>
>>322498594
Well, if everyone is a merchant it kinda misses the thread's point.
>>
>>322498839
not everyone is a merchant in eve
most people are retard miners multiboxers or pve exploration drones or pvp niggers that rat jumpgates.
>>
>>322498326
the only things you wont be able to get anymore are certain cashshop items (they rotate but theres a chance you'll see them again). The population is not nearly as high as a wow server but you're never alone either, and the combat can be oddly satisfying tor an mmo
>>
>>322497854
i played a free mmo called runes of magic and i did a lot of market manipulation, buying all production runes on the market then reposting them at higher prices and stuff like that
>>
>>322498326
The pc community is booming. No idea about consoles. The games going through a realm reborn-Esque rebirth right now.
>>
>>322499208
I'll check it out, my only concern there is population, i'll need to check.
>>322499392
>free mmo
I thank you for the suggestion anon, but rarely a free mmo is ideal for roleplaying, both because of low population (unless mainstream free mmo) and because often there are no RP servers.
>>
>>322499738
>>322499208
Judging from the general in /vg/, TES:O is like the plague or some shit.
>>
>>322499978
>the general in /vg/

Unless you ERP that is a bad way to judge a game.
>>
>>322499208
Are you sure that's all?
Or are there items that were aviable only when subscriptions were still a thing and such?
What about beta items?
is there a site where i can check what is aviable and what is no longer aviable?
>>
>>322500249
By this standard by asking here the OP asked in a bad place to get suggestions
>>
>>322500727
Pretty much. /vg/ is just a whole other level. At least here OP has a chance at actual answers rather than someone posting their character half naked and using tilde at the end of every sentence.
>>
I remember in old days i tried lineage
>made a dworf
>make soul shots (something like ammo that everyone needs) for all my cash
>go to a big city
>sit next to other dworf that sells same shit
>make mine 1 cent cheaper
>get cash for next batch
>repeat
>>
>>322501525
OP here.
This, for example, woulc be great, since it allows both RP and classic AH whoring and jew activites.

Now the problem is finding a sizeable RP community where gold has actual worth and is sought after. Is FXIV good for this or is WoW better anyway?
Both don't allow to collect EVERYTHING in the game, which sucks, but very few and new MMORPGs only allow this.
>>
>>322499978
The TES General is nothing but waifu fags at this point. They're best ignored.
>>
File: 1451824991303.jpg (22KB, 488x488px) Image search: [Google]
1451824991303.jpg
22KB, 488x488px
SWTOR is aight for that, if you can get into an RP guild as a smuggler or something like that and trade between each other and set up supplies of certain items and run a monopoly on them. It's real easy to get rich on it. At least it was for me. The big con though is that you can only really do it as a sub.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.