[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1450403304390.jpg (7KB, 376x216px) Image search: [Google]
1450403304390.jpg
7KB, 376x216px
>>
What is this? There are no controllers with a P button.
>>
>>322496747
Punch you dungus
>>
I have to do WHAT to do a shoryuken?
>>
>>322497827
Right, down, right

Its really easy but idiots can never do it
>>
Shoryuken, more liek sure you can't
>>
I could do it perfectly in mega man x2 but I suck at it in most fighting games
>>
Why not just make it a single button input?
>>
>>322496575
Is this just another hot meme or do some retards actually struggle with this
>>
the image is confusing, but the input is easy as fuck
>>
>>322498004
It's actually 623 so right, down, diagonal down-right.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 295x295px
>>322496575
Persona 4 Arena series gets away with being a competitive fighting game that fans of the genre enjoy without any dp motions because they were afraid babies that only like the RPGs couldn't do them. It proves both sides of the argument. Casuals can't do the dp motions and are afraid of them and the dp motion is unnecessary because that game went on fine with using a combination of two buttons to do it. Get good at execution or play something easier. Fighting games aren't just for the hardcore that grew up with them anymore. Now more than ever they're easier to get into with in game tutorials and all the videos you can find online if that's still not enough for you for some reason.
>>
File: 1409025878947.jpg (108KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1409025878947.jpg
108KB, 380x380px
Just thinking of a game with both Street Fighter's super move specials and Melee's movement/shine tech makes my hands weep.
>>
>>322498139
Balance.
>>
>>322499868
I dunno it's pretty easy to catch on to someone mashing dp on wake up. You're right that it's easier to spam when it could be done at the press of a button but if they're gonna dp constantly then you just call it and punish.
>>
>>322498526
SFII is like the only game in which you can't right down right.
>>
>>322500915
That's only part of it.
It's also because a harder input requires more time to be executed, if you want to dp an enemy that is jumping you have to be prepared and possibly buffer the input.
>It could have a longer start-up then
It would put newbies and good players on the same plane. It rewards dedication and experience, imo.
>>
>>322499868
What is it with you retards?

The only inputs that are inputs for balance are charge moves, and 720's were probably intended to be.
>>
>>322501553
So what you're saying is that having a one button dp would be the same?

Charge moves are made not only for balance but also to impose a playstyle.
Yes, of course 720s were made to balance it out.
>>
does anyone else do 63236 for DP?

I feel the fluid motion works better than the disjointed 623
>>
Forward down forward, buttmunch
>>
>>322501428
I see where you're coming from. I'm guessing you're using SF as your example? I usually play GG and the rest of the arcsys bunch so being able to block in the air probably changes how I feel about it. P4U doesn't require a motion and the game is still balanced imo. Maybe the difference is because that game was built around it. You're right applying it to all games would just be dumb.
>>
>>322502193
>So what you're saying is that having a one button dp would be the same?
Yeah, actually, anyone who has spent any time can spam DP as well as they would be able to if it was a button.

>Charge moves are made not only for balance but also to impose a playstyle.
Actually it was literally said they were for people who couldn't do motions, when being put in SFII, but obviously balance has become a large part of why they still exist, playstyle as well of course.

>Yes, of course 720s were made to balance it out.
Yes, and they failed, though thankfully only to a degree it largely doesn't matter.
>>
>>322501428
Well it's also the case that if someone is attempting a DP motion in a blockstring, they have to stand up and not block which makes them vulnerable to lows.
>>
>>322502720
Yes I was talking about SF.
The problem is that there is too much stuff bound to the motions that would break if SF suddenly removed it. It wouldn't change only input times but also the way the game is played.
1 button dps would make jump-ins really easy to counter.
1 button fireball would change zoning
1 button command grabs would make mix ups even more important
>one button zangief spinning piledriver, how horrifying
>>
I used to have trouble pulling off this motion until I played Xrd where it taught me the short cut of pushing forward and then doing a fireball
>>
>>322503938
Yeah it's usually easier to to think of it like that than thinking of it like a diagonal input for some reason
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.