[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such thing as a modern day thief game in which you play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Is there such thing as a modern day thief game in which you play as a robber going into houses stealing tvs and other shit, holding up convenience stores with the intention not to leave traces of evidence and manage purchases of weapons, tools, and additional help such as other robbers or getaway drivers?
Because there should be.
>>
>>322494810
It wouldn't get past the ratings system.

And even if it did manage to it would be slammed so hard by normie media everywhere that it would be pulled of shelves but as a consequence would also jump up in popularity and become well pirated, but ultimately will sell poorly so it would be a poor time investment for a developer
>>
>>322495361
Hey, negative media attention worked for Hatred and that was a mediocre game, I'm sure some people would play a well-executed burglary game.
>>
>>322495361
That's what I was thinking too, but it would be an awesome game idea. Sure people might use it with bad intentions, but I like the idea of a player deciding whether to buy a gun with no ammo and use it as a decorative piece in order to fool npcs into thinking they are in danger.
I also like the idea that the main intention of the game not to be a shooting game, but rather to think about creatively stealing or robbing people with no one getting hurt physically and getting away with it.
I even like the idea of buying tools and resources logically so you won't have people suspect you of doing any wrong doing with your purchased tools.
>>
>>322495669
But hatred is arcadey and goofy, the intention of this game is to be semi realistic using logic within your decisions in how you rob places and how you utilize tools, money, and other resources.
>>
Closest you're probably gonna get is GTA V
>>
File: 2986541703.gif (2MB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
2986541703.gif
2MB, 500x360px
>>322494810
There's a difference between a robbery and a burglary.

I've been craving for a game that does manage you to customize your equipment so you can empty vaults stealthy and without leaving a single trace behind.

I'm so sick of the messy and unnecessary violence of guns, and wish to pull off a heist smoothly.
>>
robber games are shit exc)gta5,payday 2
>>
>>322494810

>robber going into houses stealing tvs and other shit, holding up convenience stores

That isn't a "Modern Day Thief Game", that's a game about junkies.

Also I miss being and edgy 15 year old, enjoy it OP.
>>
File: 1451403205421.png (247KB, 490x470px) Image search: [Google]
1451403205421.png
247KB, 490x470px
>>322499030
What's inherently more edgy about robbing a store or something and leaving no trace behind, then say, playing Hitman or GTA? In which one of those the objective is to kill and leave no trace behind.
>>
File: hardline.jpg (14KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
hardline.jpg
14KB, 299x168px
Buy Battlefield™ Hardline my fellow /b/ro! Don't forget Premium!
>>
>>322498672
As do I, I just want a game similar to their but set in a modern time is all I'm asking. I just like the idea of a player having to make drastic choices and if they ever do kill someone, it would severely hurt them even to the point of a game over due to forensic evidence catching up with them.
>>322498957
Never played GTA 5 but I like the concept of the payday games, but execution is shit. Basically a l4d reskin.
>>322499030
Not trying to be edgy, I just like the idea of playing a role of a theif, especially if it took place in a modern setting with much more hazards such as security systems, neighborhood watches, or people returning home earlier than anticipated turning a theft into a difficult escape outside of a house.
I also like the idea of people turning their backs on you or having getaway drivers not showing up on time or leaving you at the last minute because you took too long. But I bet you'll still call me edgy no matter my explanation.
>>322499737
I thought this was an over the top cops and robbers game, is it not?
>>
>>322498672
This, I would love a stealthy heist game.
>>
>>322500398
>I thought this was an over the top cops and robbers game, is it not?
It is
>>
>>322500398
Hardline is basically just reskinned Battlefield
>>
Bonanza Brothers
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.