[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about The Witcher 2. I just finished my first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: witchers.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witchers.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Let's talk about The Witcher 2.

I just finished my first playthrough. I sided with Iorveth (since it's either him or Roche afaik) and spared Letho.

To start a discussion: why would anyone kill Letho? A witcher is to be neutral at all times and he hasn't wronged Geralt in any way beyond using Triss to teleport forcefully.
>he framed Geralt for the murder of Foltest
No, that was just bad luck. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Taking care of Yennefer and Triss in the absence of Geralt more than makes up for that anyway.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed there was no Kaer Moren chapter. That was great in The Witcher 1 intro and plug ins. Looking forward to it in The Witcher 3.
To add to that, I really didn't expect it to be 3 chapters total. I feel I spent a lot of wasted time inventory managing and saving items for later use. I barely used potions, traps, blade enhancements, etc. Hope their usage and necessity has been improved in The Witcher 3. In fact the entire meditation thing was a bit annoying with the lengthy animations and there was a lot of redundancy.

Anyway I want to hear some opinions before I start my second playthough. Speaking of, is there an NG+ option? I want to power through to experience the other routes but I don't want to redo all the crafting etc.
>>
File: Witcher Medallion.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher Medallion.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Bump with wallpaper.
>>
File: witcher amulet.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher amulet.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>can't self bump
>>
File: geralt ciri.jpg (534KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
geralt ciri.jpg
534KB, 2560x1440px
>>
Save my thread, sempai.
>>
File: 1433420899662.jpg (458KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1433420899662.jpg
458KB, 2560x1440px
>>322490525
Well, every complaint you had with Witcher 2 that you just listed is fixed and improved in 3 so look forward to that.

Personally, Witcher 3 was my favorite of the trilogy and I haven't even played hearts of stone yet. I'll get to that once the second expansion comes out. The main quest-line isn't as interesting though and there's no closure/continuation of certain characters from 2 Iorveth and Saskia which was quite the let-down.
>>
>>322491785
>every complaint you had with Witcher 2 that you just listed is fixed
Great.

>main quest-line isn't as interesting though and there's no closure/continuation of certain characters from 2
That sucks.

How's the open world? MGSV-like or is it actually populated and full of interesting places?
>>
>>322492117
it shits all over MGS5's open world.
>>
>>322492117
Open world's atmosphere is much more similar to Witcher 1. I think the open world was actually very well-handled though it does do the ubisoft copy + paste markers on the map for some optional tasks.

The open-world is split into sections similarly to MGSV's Afghanistan and Africa, not that it's a bad thing. All the contract side missions follow the same formula but they're all generally different and interesting enough to play.

Game was consistently good the whole 80+ hours I put into it. Only major flaw is that loot system is pretty shit.
>>
>>322492523
This is good. I'll be spending a while on that game, I could tell. It's always worrying when games go open world though.

>>322492787
>Open world's atmosphere is much more similar to Witcher 1
>your mother sucks dwarf cock
Witcher 1 was amazing. Good to hear it goes back to that.

>contract side missions follow the same formula but they're all generally different and interesting enough to play.
Contract mission in W2 were pretty great. they didn't feel like a chore since it wasn't "kill x ammount of y". Studying up on monsters before tackling the mission was really nice.

Also I heard the loot system is bad. Hope it's people being really picky. Got high hopes for the game.
>>
>>322490525
>To add to that, I really didn't expect it to be 3 chapters total. I feel I spent a lot of wasted time inventory managing and saving items for later use. I barely used potions, traps, blade enhancements, etc. Hope their usage and necessity has been improved in The Witcher 3

Witcher 2 was supposed to have another chapter in Dol Blathana. CPDR rushed the game because they were going bankrupt and it shows. It's still a pretty good game. I would recomend that you play the game again but this time go with Roche,feels like a completely different game (well a sequal to the same game). Don't worry W3 is far better at this

>why would anyone kill Letho? A witcher is to be neutral at all times

Well Letho wasn't Neutral, letho made life hell for a lot of people and caused a lot of chaos. You really had no reason to trust him
>>
>>322493649
>CPDR rushed the game because they were going bankrupt
Holy shit, seriously? It was still an incredible game. This kind of makes me hate KojiPro for not being able to wrap up MGSV better.

>play the game again but this time go with Roche
Definitely doing this. So there are only those two routes, right?

>Well Letho wasn't Neutral, letho made life hell for a lot of people and caused a lot of chaos. You really had no reason to trust him
Witchers are a dying breed and his deal with the Emperor was going to bring his school back. A felt his actions were understandable. He also took care of Geralt's women and that really came across as a good deed.
>>
>>322493649
Also those kings were such fools. It's a shame he took Foltest instead of Radovid though. Foltest was cool.
>>
>>322494285
>>322493649
Letho was a bro that helped Geralt with the Hunt[/spoiler}
>>
>>322495584
That was a risky spoiler. But yeah, more reason not to kill him and bring back the school of the viper.
>>
File: 1446826390697.jpg (51KB, 272x282px) Image search: [Google]
1446826390697.jpg
51KB, 272x282px
Having finished all three games. I'm really longing for an expansion on the witcher schools, maybe even a game set back when they first established themselves around the conjunction of the spheres. I enjoy the little nods to the schools in the games and meeting different people from different schools but it doesn't really go any further.
>>
>>322496294
I'm not one for milking franchises but the world of The Witcher is really interesting and rich. Any new content I'd appreciate.
>>
A witcher doesn't have to be neutral, that's just bullshit they tell people to avoid getting involved in things they don't care about. And I killed letho because he fucked with one of geralt's friends and got him framed for killing a king, forcing him to get wrapped up in a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>322496963
>forcing him to get wrapped up in a bunch of bullshit.
Don't think he would've regained his memory just killing monsters. Getting tied up with Letho's agenda ended up being more beneficial to him than anything else that came his way.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.