[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zelda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

Is there a video game level harder than the Water Temple?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiAxxZ2HOpM
After 5 years this blind guy finally finished OOT
>>
That's its own kind of genius.
I would not have that kind of patience, to be honest.
>>
>>322478317
man that water temple use to be such a pain in the ass i spent hours on it one time i think you have to upgrade the hookshot. been like over a decade since i played it though
>>
I don't remember having much trouble with it. Though I never played the original and only played the 3DS remake. I think they added some sort of color coding to make it easier so I don't know.
>>
>>322478317
I had trouble when I was 10. The only problem is that unlike other dungeons, this one has a bit of backtracking and checking for rooms.
>>
>>322479508
i played it on the n64 back in the day i was probably just being stupid since i was a teenager im pretty sure there were different colored blocks like red and blue. i played through the game a few times i definitely got stuck on that level once though just because im stubborn and dont like to look up game guides my first play through or until im so stuck or something kinda rare or game changing.
puzzle type stuff like that is pretty fun ocarina of time was a real gem
>>
>>322478317
It's not so hard, it's just tedious.
>>
>le water temple is so hard that I accidently a whole rutabaga while playing it on a poorly coded N64 emulator XD BAZAMBLE!!!
I wish this shitty meme would just die
>>
File: 1406700183557.jpg (5KB, 239x252px) Image search: [Google]
1406700183557.jpg
5KB, 239x252px
>>322480563
Absolutely this

It wasn't hard at all just a pain in the ass
>>
>>322479508
>>322480463
I think they added lines or something to guide you towards the level-changing triforce signs.
I personally had the most problems in the Ice Cavern, not even a proper dungeon, but I couldn't figure out that I could use the bottle on the blue flame. It also didn't help that I couldn't read any English at the time.
>>
File: 1246152202733.jpg (741KB, 2500x1563px) Image search: [Google]
1246152202733.jpg
741KB, 2500x1563px
I remember it being hard but not devilishly so.

I had trouble with the key in the central spire. It's at the bottom or something, and you have to float the wooden platform in the middle so you can get to it? Something like that anyway.

Zelda's carefully planned dungeon design is really central to Zelda. If puzzles were too easy or too hard, it would not have acquired it's legendary reputation I don't think.
>>
>>322481479
>I had trouble with the key in the central spire. It's at the bottom or something, and you have to float the wooden platform in the middle so you can get to it? Something like that anyway.
Most people apparently had troubles with that, I wonder if they changed something about that in the 3DS version.
>>
>>322478317
not even the hardest level in OoT
>>
>>322478317
I would always forgot about the hole behind the longshot chest, that's always what got me and I would never think to go back through there. now I get it every time though, it's actually pretty fun to play through once you have it memorized.
>>
When you actually think about it, the Water Temple is one of the best designed areas in gaming. Just changing the boots was a pain. The Water Temple in OoT 3D is amazing because you can change your boots quickly.
>>
Any super meat boy level
>>
>>322478317
the fact that he can beat it blind is just a testament to how well designed OOT is
>>
>>322478317
probably the first level of super mario bros.

I bet more people died in super mario's first level than in OOTs water temple.

The temple just may take a little longer, but it's as safe as a baby butt.
>>
File: boonswoggled.jpg (2MB, 3200x2750px) Image search: [Google]
boonswoggled.jpg
2MB, 3200x2750px
This is literally the only reason the water temple is "hard". And the only reason it's that way is because there is no visual cues that it's like this until you're at the top of the level, with the camera nowhere near in position to see it. You literally have to find it by accident.
>>
File: 1429760044534.png (360KB, 464x750px) Image search: [Google]
1429760044534.png
360KB, 464x750px
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.