[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Beyond Earth worth it? (dlcs included)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

Is Beyond Earth worth it?

(dlcs included)
>>
>>322473326
It's not worth more than 20 bucks. It's a lazy conversion of civ5, and the DLC breaks the game in two balance-wise.
>>
>>322473326
The DLC made it better, but it's still just a shitty, dumbed down Civ 5 mod.
>>
>>322473326
No, for this >>322473720 reason. It is literally just reskinned Civ V: Even more babby edition (now with aliens!)
>>
>>322474459
>>322473720
>>322473326

You can always spot someone who hasn't even touched the game.

How is it re-skinned? the principles and core game mechanics all are different (except the essential 4x mechanics)

the victory conditions are new and unique. Affinity, for example, is how you decide to treat the plane tyou landed on. Nothing like that in civ v. Also aqua-cities too and game based on sponsoers not nations.

It is all different.

IT IS a civilization game (it's in the fucking name ffs) so it will have some very similar mechanics of course.

I, personally, cannot get my self into it for some reason. My only issue is how they make you choose between certain affinities by granting you affinity points with certain essential techs. I wish affinities were implemented better. I want to be 100% purity for example, but you can't, you will always end up with a level or two in other affinities and that can ruin immersion for me.

but to call it a re-skinned civ v is just beyond retarded. It is a civ game at the end of the day but it is different enough.
>>
File: regret.png (97KB, 429x136px) Image search: [Google]
regret.png
97KB, 429x136px
It's trash.
>>
File: Wish you were here.jpg (23KB, 511x198px) Image search: [Google]
Wish you were here.jpg
23KB, 511x198px
>>322475437
Wish you were here.
>>
>>322475304
Having played the game an asston and been sorely disappointed by it even with my low expectations I was gonna write out a longass post detail why you are a wrong faggot but the game really isn't even worth my time to shit on.
bye
>>
>>322475304
>but to call it a re-skinned civ v is just beyond retarded

You are right, even vainilla Civ5 had more content.
>>
Its still a good game, Play it alot shame about RT with diplomacy.

They added war score and removed the ablity to support allies with goods or even give stuff to computers for things.
>>
File: Commissioner_Pravin_Lal.jpg (9KB, 149x178px) Image search: [Google]
Commissioner_Pravin_Lal.jpg
9KB, 149x178px
>>322473326
I know this unpopular opinion for some reason, but i liked it more than Civ 5. At the very least it felt like it had more of a reason to exist. As Civ 5 was basically the previous two entries in the series but with shittier AI and less features.

Granted Beyond Earth wasn't the sequel to Alpha Centauri I wanted it to be, but I wasn't really expecting that from modern Firaxis, so for what it was it a was a pretty good strategy game about the future. Fairly casual, but worth playing. I might just be really starved for quality games about space exploration though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.