[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picked this up in the sales, how the fuck did they let a Sherlock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: s0687.jpg (75KB, 754x1058px) Image search: [Google]
s0687.jpg
75KB, 754x1058px
Picked this up in the sales, how the fuck did they let a Sherlock Holmes game be so good? I mean, one case in and I'm being asked to juggle three viable (if only two vaguely realistic) suspects with the possibility of collaboration and no effort by the game to shout at me which the right answer is, on top of a morality system that asks what you think is right rather than if you want to be good or bad. I can't remember the last time a game like this actually asked me to think a little.
>>
I should really get to play this game. I enjoyed the hell out of the previous Sherlock Holmes game.
>>
>>322472517
Is it really worth the €15?
>>
>>322473103
It's a bit rough around the edges but I feel like I've already gotten my $20 out of it.
>>
Is the gameplay the same as in that Cthulhu mythos Sherlock Holmes game?
>>
File: Blade Runner (2).jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Blade Runner (2).jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>322472517
Have you played this?
>>
>>322473319
No, but I have heard it mentioned before.
>>
I'm a big Sherlock fan, but I haven't been able to justify buying this game yet. Is it really that good?
>>
There's another Sherlock Holmes game in the works. I hope it and that Call of Cthulhu game they're working on turn out good.
>>
>>322473636
It's pretty cheap on steam at the moment and is a great game, if you're a fan of the character I can't see a reason not to try it. Remember, refunds exist now.
>>
>>322473484
It's a great detective game that doesn't hold your hands
>>
>>322474182
>and that Call of Cthulhu game they're working on turn out good.

Que?
>>
>>322474874
How much of a pain is it to run on modern systems on a scale of 1 to lemon juice enima after getting fucked by a cactus?
>>
>>322475080
Ran just fine on my WIn7 x64 and I never had much problems with older games.
>>
>>322472517
it gets shittier later and ending is just bad . i wish it was longer and better but its mediocre at best
>>
File: 2014-11-08_00010.jpg (471KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-08_00010.jpg
471KB, 1920x1080px
Do these games actually sell? Do video gaymers care about Holmes? Or at least Holmes not portrayed by Bernard Cabbagepatch in his tumblr show?
>>
>>322476405
You know, the US Holmes modernisation series is actually really good. He comes off as a smart man written by a smart man, rather than a smart man written by a dumb man that thinks smart people are akin to wizards.
>>
Which are the good Sherlock Holmes games? I heard they're hit and miss, and even the good ones are 3rd rate adventure games at most.
>>
>>322472517
I echo your thoughts OP, it was free on PS+ a few months ago, shrugged that shit off as some filler game then I played it and genuinely had a good experience with it

The game is by no means flawless but it is very unique at what it does, the mysteries and how they are done are by no means easy to guess and come with multiple paths to different suspects and the stories for each are actually well done - my biggest gripe really is some later levels in particular become a bit of a drag as you run around in circles for 15 minutes trying to find another clue and then back tracking to his house to test clues on his shit but to be honest I suppose you should expect that as a sherlock holmes game

Overall a solid 8/10 game
>>
>>322476853
I'd like to know this too, there's like 10 of them on Steam
>>
>>322476853
>>322477702
Well, the one in the OP is pretty damn good.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.