[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats stopping me from making some shit in rpgmaker, putting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1450946383021.jpg (7KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1450946383021.jpg
7KB, 200x195px
Whats stopping me from making some shit in rpgmaker, putting it on steam and make money of it?
>>
Yourself
>>
Nothing.
>>
The fact that many other people already had the same idea and at this point you're just pissing in an ocean of piss and will never get noticed.

Same with the "why don't I just become the next Pewdiepie" line of thinking.
>>
name one rpgmaker game on steam.
>>
Don't forget to add in WACKY humour and furbait to reel in the idiots.
>>
Pride
>>
>>322471970

http://store.steampowered.com/tag/de/RPG%20Maker/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

Take your pick.
>>
>>322471519
Greenlight. RPG maker games don't make it through Greenlight unless they're high quality.
>>
Nothing, you fucking idiot.
>>
Dignity

If you could just plaster a bunch of memes, go on ahead.
>>
>>322471519
Enjoy your 15 sales
>>
>>322471519
Cause you couldn't even accomplish that much, fag.
>>
>>322472140

>Dignity

spoken like a true wage slave
>>
>>322471970
undertale you retard
>>
File: 1449141374552.jpg (11KB, 269x265px) Image search: [Google]
1449141374552.jpg
11KB, 269x265px
>>322471519
Creativity, talent, devotion.

You really think it's that easy? You really think you are clever enough to write and design a game that intrests people enough they're willing to buy it?

You're fucking delusional if you think it's that simple.
>>
Your lack of any discernible talent.
>>
refunds
its easy to buy the game, copy the files and refund it if it has zero drm
>>
>>322471519
Time and effort.

If you honestly didn't care about those things you'd have done it already instead of making a thread. Since you do you'll get to a point even just humoring the idea or jokingly making it to spite me where you'll try to improve this or that and about a month later you'll either give up from how much you have to learn and improve to make the game you imagine or you'll give up because the game you made is a disappointment. Either way expectations and all that.

It's like that one sidescrolling game /v/ made to mock 2DEEP stuff. Can't quite recall what it was named but I do recall it splitting into two projects and while I'm not knocking the efforts of each side (one focused on parody, the other actually making some impressive platforming stuff) they both didn't quite seem to meet expectations because they both seemed to be expecting something else from their efforts.

Disappointment, time and effort, expectation. It's mostly psychological.
>>
Question: all the RPG Maker games I see that are popular did their own sprites, but I bought a bunch of art packs when everything was 75% off. If I mix and match a bunch of art, will that be a good enough substitute, or am I dead in the water?
>>
im even okay with 100$ should i try?

i am sure collectionists and shit heads will buy anyway
>>
>>322472475

Mixing and matching will probably look horrible. A technique that worked in the past is to modify RPG Maker assets - at least that's how things went in Germany around 2000, when RPG Maker had a bit of a renaissance and some great games like Vampires Dawn and Unterwegs in Düsterburg got made.

However, those games also ripped the hell out of assets from other games, so that wouldn't fly if you were to try and sell your game. But modifying RPG Maker assets can work in your favor.
>>
Appeal to lowest common denominator
Appeal to : Furries, Hipsters, LBGT movement, try to be as deep as possible.

Reflect any criticism as anti-lbgt.

make money
>>
>>322472475
Really if your writing and game design is solid enough you'll probably run into a fan or fanbase so impressed they'll be willing to do art assets for free just to be part of your work.

Thing is you need to start with that writing and game design part.
>>
>>322471519
talent
>>
>>322472373
Wrong, that's Game Maker.

To The Moon
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.