[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the best boss in Dark Souls and why was it Manus, father

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Manus.png (835KB, 1134x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Manus.png
835KB, 1134x1059px
Who was the best boss in Dark Souls and why was it Manus, father of the Abyss ?

>Looks cool as fuck
>Properly hyped through characters dialogs, Artorias fight and the descent from Oolacile into his tomb
>Varied moveset that was still predictable once you started to know the fight
>Possibility to summons Sif, who doesn't make the whole fight feel cheap by being too competent
>Using the pendant to block one-shotting dark magic with the proper timing was tense as fuck
>>
he's both my favorite boss AND favorite character within the story

so yeah, good taste brother
>>
>the silver pendant

Completely useless, I have never been one-shot by his silly hex hijinks.
>>
>Possibility to summons Sif, who doesn't make the whole fight feel cheap by being too competent
Leave it to Soulsfags to spin poor design/balancing as a positive
>>
Manus for best fight, Artorias for best music & sound, closely followed by Cleric Beast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbTI_Bzy29I
>>
>>322469526
I fucked up, Vicar Amelia, not Cleric Beast
>>
>>322468405
>get caught in his wombo combo
>>
>>322468405
I actually liked Four Kings, because it was such a tense fight.
>tfw sprinting with a greatsword towards each kind
And Iron Golem, even though it was pretty easy, it was still fun to roll under his axe swings and have the epic feeling of taking on a towering adversary.

Of course Manus, Artorias, actually every boss in the DLC was great as well (with the exception of maybe Kalameet).

O+S, Butterfly and Gwyn have shit-tier mechanics but nice music and settings.
>>
>>322468405
Because artorias of the abyss was actually good. Honestly. Literally all From had to do with dark souls 2 was take the engine from dark souls and make a new map
>>
>>322469465
I never thought it would be possible for a retard to overanalyze that phrase this much, but it happened
>>
>>322469790
Get your ass whooped.
>>
>>322469790
>first time fighting him is during a naked run
>I'm too bad to do a SL1 run
>that single move made me take 20 tries to beat him
Those stupid ass hexes fucked me too but I learned their patterns soon enough
>>
File: 1430914991209.png (169KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
1430914991209.png
169KB, 426x341px
>mfw 4kings at SL1 with a hand axe

my asshole has never been as clenched
>>
File: 1417570026649.png (3MB, 1192x819px) Image search: [Google]
1417570026649.png
3MB, 1192x819px
I think Artorias and Kalameet are tied for the best boss, but Manus is really good too.
>>
>>322470571
They're a piece of cake with pyromancy and quite easy with an elemental weapon. But if you're using a +15 weapon at SL1 you need some luck.
>>
>>322470828
I eventually learned how to dodge their bullshit grab attack, but it was still tense as fuck.
>>
>>322470613
I have genuinely no ida how to beat Kalameet. Nigga hit me with his charge attack despite me clearly rolling out of the way of his pointy face.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.